Cheery

1000 Year with you

Su Jin’s POV

 

My steps were small and soundless as I slowly walk to his bed, and Minho was sitting beside him. “Minho,” I called as he did not seem to have noticed my presence.

 

Ah. Sujin, why are you here? You should be resting in your ward,” said Minho, his eyes widened a little.

 

I – I’m fine,” I paused and looked at the person on the bed, “… how… how is he?”

 

Minho inhaled deeply and exhale, “The doctor said, if, his condition maintains for the next twenty-four hours, he will be fine. However… if it doesn’t… then…” he pauses, “so I’m watching over him here.”

 

Jonghyun… “Minho, I…” I paused for a long break. I want to stay by his side…

 

“Uh,” Minho let out a big yawn, “wow, I must be very tired. Can you take over?” he says and stood up from his seat, “Thanks Sujin, I’ll go get some sleep,” he said yawning and left.

 

Thank you Minho. I thought with a small smile.

 

I pushed the dripping stand to the side on my right and sat down.

 

*** *** ***

 

Park Rin’s POV

 

“Wait,” HyunDong pants while he runs behind me, “wait, wait for me Rin.”

 

“Hurry up!” I said and walks even faster. Kibeom… Kibeom please be safe…

 

“Sorry Miss, can you guys please keep your volume down in the hospital. Thank you,” a nurse came to warn us and left.

 

It’s your fault,” I hissed at HyunDong who is right beside me, and he looked down feeling shame.

 

When I was about to take another step, I see Minho from the corner of my eyes. Minho? I jog towards him and gripped his shirt, “where’s Kibeom?” I snapped at him.

 

“Park Rin? What are -”

 

“Where is he? Where is Kibeom?!”

 

“He’s with Haemin,” Minho said and I loosened my grip on him.

 

I pulled and forced him to bring me to Haemin’s room. “What are you planning to do, Rin?” Minho asked, “You’re not going to do any to hurt them right?”

 

I stormed into the room and hold Kibeom up, “You’re not hurt, are you?” I ask worriedly as I examine his hands, face, and turn him around. He gave me a confused look and I turned to look at Haemin, the who caused all these problem.

 

You! You are the fault! The root of the problem! Why don’t you just die ?!” I shouted at her and she showed a guilt-ridden face.

 

Hey! I do not know who you are, but who are you to scold her?” Kibeom said, with anger and bitterness.

 

“Park Rin! That’s enough. Leave,” Minho says sternly, pointing towards the door.

 

I clenched my fist and dashed out of the door. Why, why, why? Is it my fault? It’s all that girl’s fault! That Haemin… she… she is the one… I ran to the rooftop as these thoughts filled me. When I reached, I fell onto the ground immediately, weak in my knees. I cried and cried.

 

“Rin…” Hyundong calls me gently and kneels down, embracing me in his arms.

 

*** *** ***

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

“I’m sorry for Rin’s words, she’s my younger sister,” Minho said and paused, “Kibeom, and Haemin, I…”

 

“It’s fine… what she said… it’s the truth,” Haemin apologized, “It’s my fault…”

 

“Haemin…” Kibeom holds her hand tightly. “It’s not. It’s the culprit’s fault. Understood?

 

Minho, standing at the side, fake coughed to highlight his presence which seemed invisible again. The couple blushed and Minho explained Jonghyun’s situation and how Sujin is accompanying him at this moment. Their expressions fell but was relieve to know that Sujin was with him.

 

However, the next twenty-hours was really nerve wreaking and important for them, him, and her.

 

*** *** ***

 

24 hours later…

 

The doctor had already checked, and confirmed that Jonghyun is now out of critical condition and safe. Everyone heaved a sigh of relief.

 

Thank goodness. Sujin thought to herself. Kibeom and Minho went to Haemin’s room to tell her the news and left Jonghyun in Sujin’s care.

 

A few more hours later…

 

I… I’m alive… Jonghyun opened his eyes to the warmly lighted room and felt a presence beside him. He finds Sujin sleeping by his side, is that hospital pyjamas? Was she hurt? He tried to get up but his wound hurt and he flinched in pain.

 

Sujin, feeling movements, she woke up and sees him awake. Jonghyun… “You’re awake…” she says almost silently, and he smiles as how he usually does. “I’ll call the doctor,” she stands up, but he grabs her wrist. Then pressing on the help button on the remote that are for the patients.

 

“Stay with me,” he says, paused and continues after taking another deep breathe, “you… you… you… are you hurt…?” Jonghyun’s eyes were full of concerned and anxiety, afraid of Sujin being harmed in any possible way.

 

“I’m… I’m not. Yours was… a lot more terrible than mine…” Sujin says, softer and softer.

 

Jonghyun pulls her in closer to sit. His other hand reaches out to her neck and caresses the patch that covers her wound. Showing an upset face, he pulls in the distance between them slowly and puts her head to rest on his shoulders. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t protect you.”

 

She could hear his wavering and uneasy voice as it sounds into her ears. She slowly, carefully, reaches her hand towards his back, and gently touches him, as though he was a fragile glass that will break if handled with too much force.

 

*** *** ***