Pre-Time(s)

1000 Year with you

Kibeom POV

 

Astonished with what was written in the letter, I dialled Mrs. Lee’s phone number immediately. I want to know if she is joking with me, to tell me this letter is just to test me, to tell me nothing, nothing bad will happen. I have so much to ask.

 

I waited for Mrs. Lee to pick up, every second seem as though it took a few hours to pass by.

 

“Hello Kibeom,” she said on the phone, “since you have called me, I am sure, you have read the letter. I will answer you, to every inquiry you have.”

 

“Mrs. Lee, I –what... what do you mean by Haemin’s father... I –I am just so confused right now. I can’t absorb all these in a sudden Mrs. Lee,” I exclaimed, exasperatedly.

 

“Listen, I too, gave Haemin a box and inside contains an item – it is the key to everything you have to know. Please, if I am ever leave Haemin’s side, protect her, and take good care of her. I know you can, I believe in my daughter’s choice,” Mrs. Lee said, exasperated and somehow, with a little of desperation heard in her voice.

 

“I get it...”

 

“Haemin... meet her tomorrow, she will hand you the item. I left a note in the box, mentioning to pass the item to you. Please... remember,” she said, and ended the call.

 

I sighed, trying to take in everything that has happened up till now. My mind is in a huge mess and I was not able to think properly, but I knew I have to call Haemin and ask her out, and according to Mrs. Lee, she will pass the item to me. I punched in Haemin’s name on my contact list and dialled her phone number.

 

She answered the phone pretty quickly.

 

“Hello? Kibeom?”

 

“Oh, hey, err, Haemin do you want to meet up tomorrow? Let’s have our first date... or something like that...?” I asked, being unsure of what to say so I thought having our first official date tomorrow will be pretty good.

 

“d –date?” Haemin stutter.

 

“Uhm, yeah, you... can’t make it?” I said, with a pause.

 

“no, no! I can!” she replied in a hurry.

 

“Ok,” I said. “I’ll send you a text reminding you what time I will be coming by to fetch you tomorrow princess,” I said, ending the sentence with a laugh. “Good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

The call ended and a smile re my face. It is amazing just how a short conversation with the person you love the most can instantly change your mood and the world in front of you just became a little brighter than before. If I ever had to lose you, what would I become?

 

As I thought on, Haemin’s parents knows who I am, and Mrs. Lee knows that I am dating her. ‘Maybe it is time to introduce Haemin... but...’ I shook off the thought when I remembered how I am on terrible terms with my mum. It’ll be fine to just tell hyung and abeoji, but abeoji doesn’t come home often as he is always travelling for his business trips. I sighed again, for the second time.