History

1000 Year with you

 

Year 2012

 

** Your POV **

I’m Lee Haemin, a kid who was born with a silver spoon in , my family was rich. I had everything, but I always had this feeling of emptiness in me. I often ask myself, “Why? I should be contented.” My parents were always busy, but they gave me everything I wanted. Every day was dull and boring; I only had the piano to accompany me. I go to Seoul High Private Academy; I had no friends at school as I was strictly disallowed to have contact with others. They often told me, strangers are dangerous and all the terrible things they will do if they’ve me in their hands. I was a stranger with the outside world, and so I obeyed my parents and listened to them. I didn’t trust people, until I met him.

 

28 February 2012, Seoul High Private Academy

 

As usual, my chauffeur dropped me off at the school gates. People pointed fingers at me and muttered under their breath. I was used to these commotions every morning when I arrived at school; I did my usual routine and retrieve my books for the next lesson in my locker. Today’s atmosphere was a little different. I heard people whispering about new transfer students and I thought so. This always happens when there is something new and interesting happening in school.

 

I locked my locker after retrieving a book and I felt a tap on my shoulders.

“Hi! You’re locker 22? I’m locker 23! Let’s get along well!” a blonde student greeted me enthusiastically and offered his hand for a handshake.

When he did, tons of fangirls was screaming and grudging me.

“This can’t be! Oppa is asking the cast out for a handshake?” Fangirl 1 exclaimed angrily.

“What’s worse is oppa’s locker is just right beside her!” Fangirl 2 bited her teeth, frustrated.

I couldn’t be bothered. I nodded slightly and walked away from the scene. Abeoji said it was dangerous to interact with strangers and I did well. Abeoji will be happy when he knows this.

“How dare she give oppa cold shoulders and walk away?” grudges of fangirls could be heard at the background.

 

Why do they trust so easily when they don’t even know him. It’s dangerous. He might do something really bad to them. It should be alright, I’m not close with them. Abeoji says I should not bother too much about other people or I’ll be in danger too. I walked into class 2SA and sat down in my place. I begin doing my work and paper balls will be thrown at me from the back every time. I ignored them and they continued doing so. It was another daily routine that happens. It will be alright as long as I ignore them.

 

The door slide open and our home room teacher, Mrs. Jen, came in, following by the blonde student who talked to me just now.

 

“We will have a new student with us today” Mrs. Jen said and gestured for the blonde student to introduce himself.

“Hi, I’m Kim Kibeom and I transferred here today. I’m a pro in water-skiing and I can be quite a diva with attitude. Please take care of me well and forgive me if I act like a troublesome diva around you” Kibeom bow to us.

His introduction speech made the class laughed and fangirls squealing over him. I kept quiet and focused on my work.

“You’ll sit beside Haemin since that is the only seat available. Haemin, stand up so Kibeom can recognize you” Mrs. Jen said.

I stood up and he walked towards the seat beside me.

“Hi, we met again” Kibeom whispered to me.

“Today I will be teaching you...” Mrs. Jen begins her lecture.

“Why are you ignoring me Haemin?” Kibeom asked me with a troubled face. “Do you hate me?”

“Oppa don’t bother talking to her, she does not talk to anyone!” the fangirl behind us muttered to him.

Kibeom just smiled and them and continue talking to me throughout the day till the end of school hours, but of course, I heeded Abeoji’s words and ignore him.

I kept my books in the locker and walked away, but Kibeom was still following me. It was already the end of school, why is he still following me. It was the first time I’ve seen anyone this persistent.

“Are you going home? Do you need me to take you home? I have a chauffeur; I can request him to send you home” Kibeom smiled at me and asked tugging his hand in his pockets.

I shook my head and went into my chauffeur’s car and we drove away. He stood there with a disappointed look as the car drove away. I shouldn’t bother about this; he might be a wolf in a sheep’s clothing that will kidnap me once he has gotten my trust.

 

Lee’s Resident

 

“Abeoji I’m home” I greeted him and bowed.

“Did you talk to anyone today?” Abeoji put down his newspaper and looked at me.

“No Abeoji. I listened to your words. I’m going to study in my room now, please excuse me Abeoji” I bowed and went up to my room after Abeoji nodded to approve.

I sat in my room and studied the whole day. When I finished, I practiced my piano. It was the only thing that can accompany and fill my soul when I’m feeling empty.

It was already night time. I had my dinner and went to sleep after preparing for school beforehand for the next day.

 

1 March 2012, Lee’s Resident

 

I had my breakfast alone and left for school. My parents had to leave early for work every morning, but it was fine. Servants were there with me, but they were not allowed to eat with me because of their status. The car doors of the limousine will be opened for me by my chauffeur every morning, I entered the limousine and I was drove off to school.  I looked outside the window every morning, seeing other students walking to school together in pairs and groups. I wanted to try but Abeoji didn’t allow me to.

 

Seoul High Private Academy

 

I got off the car and walked into the school facing the commotion that happens every day, but because of the transfer students, they paid lesser attention to me; but it was much noisier than it usually was. It got worse when Kibeom called out for me at the school gate, fangirls screams was even louder. I was pretty sure I’m getting more hate now. It’s ok, as long as I ignore them it’ll be fine.

“Haemin! Why did you ignore me again?” Kibeom catch up with me and pouted.

I walked away without answering him and he continued speaking to me. This guy is not easy to shake off. Others avoided me the whole day and he was the only one who kept sticking and following me like a sticky bubblegum. I tried to avoid him as much as possible but all my classes had him in it. It’s for desperate measures now.

 

Class 2SA, Seoul High Private Academy

 

“Good morning Mrs. Jen…” the class greeted and bow.

“Good morning and you may sit. Today…” Mrs. Jen continued with her lesson.

“Haemin what are you studying?” Kibeom looked over at my book and I moved away from him.

“Yah Haemin will you talk to me?” Kibeom pouted but I ignored him.

I felt something hit my back and knew they were starting it again. It continued for a while until it accidentally hits Kibeom. He picked up the crashed piece of paper and turn around to see who threw it but everyone was in their position so that they won’t be discovered. He looked at the floor and sees many other crashed piece of paper on the floor around my chairs.

“Haemin? You’re alright with this? How long have this been happening? Tell me Haemin. This cannot continue” Kibeom looked at me worriedly.

I ignored him and paid attention to Mrs. Jen’s lecture.

“Oppa just ignore her. She deserves it” a fangirl said with aegyo.

Kibeom just gave her a glare and she kept quiet. Why is he so nice to me? No one other than my parents has been this kind to me. Maybe he is sincere; I should ask Abeoji about this.

 

Lee’s Resident

 

“Abeoji, I have a question to ask” I sat on the chair opposite of Abeoji.

“Oh? What is it?” Abeoji said and flipped his newspaper.

“There’s a guy in school, called Kim Kibeom. He defended me today when my classmates threw crashed pieces of paper at me. So I wanted to ask Abeoji why is he treating me so nicely and not treat me like how my other schoolmates is treating me” I asked.

“Oh… interesting... Haemin, invite him over tomorrow” Abeoji commanded as he reads the newspaper.

“Ne Abeoji” I answered and head back to my room.

 

2 March 2012, Seoul High Private Academy

 

“Haemin!” Kibeom shouted across the corridors. “Good morning” he greeted smiling at me.

I nodded and smile slightly at him. Abeoji won’t mind would he? He had asked me to invite Kibeom over which means he allows me to at least do some signals to him. I walked with Kibeom to class and listen to him talk about many things that I have not seen or experience before.

 

Class 2SA, Seoul High Private Academy

 

“Really? You’ve not tried it before? Wa Haemin ah… This is my first knowing someone who have not eaten a Popsicle or went to a theme park before!” Kibeom said in shock and I could only smile slightly to answer him.

“I’ll bring you out to experience all these one day!” Kibeom promised and held out his pinky. I looked at his pinky; I have seen this on TV before… When they make promises they do this right? I took out my pinky and crossed our pinkies. It’s a promise now. Fangirls at the back was shocked by the scene and they let out a gasp and discussions could be heard at the back of the class.

I took a piece of paper and wrote on it, “Are you free after school today? My Abeoji wants to invite you over for dinner.” I pushed the piece of paper to him and he chuckled softly.

“Ne~ I’m free! I’ll go with you! You’re cute you know? Has anyone ever told you that?” He pushes the piece of paper back to me.

“My parents” I wrote and pushed it back to him.

“So I’m the first then ^^*” He pushes it back to me.

“I thought my parents should be the first?” I pushed it back to him.

“No no~ not including your parents’ babo” He pushes it back to me again.

“I’m not a babo” I drew a rabbit and pushed it to him.

Kibeom fold the piece of paper and kept it in between his phone and its casing. “I’m keeping this” Kibeom whispered to me.

 

“Ding-Dong-Ding-Dong~” the bell for end of school day rang.

 

“Your chauffeur is fetching us?” Kibeom asked.

I nodded my head and my chauffeur came. I got in and moved to the side so Kibeom can get in.

“Hello” Kibeom greeted the chauffeur and the chauffeur greeted him back.

The chauffeur fetched us back to Lee’s Residence and we got off the limousine.

 

Lee’s Residence

 

** Kibeom’s POV **

 

Haemin started writing on a piece of paper and gave it to me before we went in her house. “My Abeoji is really strict. He doesn’t allow me to speak with strangers so if he’s a little rude I’ll say sorry beforehand,” was written on the paper. I nodded and we went into her house.

“Abeoji I’m home” Haemin said formally.

It was the first time I’ve heard her spoken.

“Welcome back Haemin, is that your friend you mentioned behind you?” Haemin’s Abeoji asked and flipped through the pages of the newspaper.

“Ne” Haemin answered.

“Sit” Haemin’s Abeoji gestured to us and I bowed to him.

“So I’ve heard you have protected my daughter in school from the bullies” Haemin’s Abeoji put his newspaper aside and said.

“Ne uncle” I answered him politely.

Haemin’s Abeoji kept quiet for a moment and took a sip of his coffee. The atmosphere was stressful.

“I’ll allow you to come in contact with my daughter” Haemin’s Abeoji said.

“Eh?” I answered in shock. “Uncle do you mean?”

“Yes. I will allow my daughter, Lee Haemin, to talk to you and be friends with you” Haemin’s Abeoji clarified.

“Haemin! Did you hear that? I’ll be your first friend!” I exclaimed happily.

Haemin looked at her Abeoji first to seek for acknowledgement and her Abeoji nodded his head.

“Ne” Haemin answered me smiling.

“Thank you Abeoji!” I stood up and bowed to him. He smiled slightly and retreated to his room to rest.

“Haemin let’s be really good friends!” I took her hands and pulled her in for a short hug.

She nodded and hugs me back awkwardly.

 

It’s the first step to get to understand and know more about her. Lee Haemin.

 

 

** End of Chapter 1 **

 

Author’s Note:

This chapter is a little boring but it’s vital to the story! Don’t belittle this boring chapter!

Please give me valuable comments! Hehehee~