The Box & Reconcile

1000 Year with you

 

Seoul High Private Academy Gates

 

** Your POV **

 

“Annyeong Kibeom” I smiled, waving to him and got into my chauffeur’s car.

He waved back and left with his chauffeur too.

“Eomma should be home today… Maybe I should ask…” I bite my lips and got out of the car.

 

Lee’s Residence

 

Walking into the house, I checked around for Eomma’s presence.

“Looking for me?” a familiar yet distant voice said.

I turn around seeing her behind me, at our house bar, drinking wine as usual. “Eomma…” I said softly.

“Why? Aren’t you happy to see your own mother?” she stood up, sipping a mouth of wine walking towards me.

“Ani, I’m just… happy to see you…” I said, standing still looking down onto the ground, biting my lips.

“Look up my dear,” she stood, lifting up my face with her hand. “You have something to ask don’t you? Follow me to my room” she said.

 

** 3rd person POV **

 

Haemin followed behind her Eomma to her room, closing the doors behind her and sat down on the couch.

“Your Abeoji is not home, he will never be around when I’m home. Now, what do you want to ask?” Eomma crossed her legs and leaned back sipping her wine.

“I –I overheard the conversation last night…” Haemin shivered as she asks, “Eomma… I want to know… I have never felt your love before, so please, this is the only thing I beg of you,” Haemin said and her eyes were already moist.

 

Haemin’s Eomma looked her in the eyes, turning the glass with her fingers and took a small sip of wine. “Haemin, go out first,” was all she said.

“Please Eomma” Haemin kneed down and bawl her tears out. “It’s the only thing I beg of you! Eomma” Haemin cried and clenched her school skirt.

“I didn’t mention I wasn’t going to tell you, go out first and wait for me,” Eomma said and whipped away Haemin’s tears.

“Eo –Eomma? Really, you will tell me?” Haemin sniffed grabbing Eomma’s arm.

“Ne, now wait for me outside,” Eomma said and help Haemin up.

“Arasseoyo Eomma” Haemin smiled sniffing, and waited outside the room for her.

 

After moments of waiting, Haemin’s Eomma came out with a box.

 

** Your POV **

 

Eomma came out with a box and she handed it to me. “Inside, it contains things that you want to know. But, you will only open it when you have found someone you love and able to go through thick and thin with him. Got it?”

I nodded my head and looked at the box holding it tightly.

Eomma patted the back of my head, smiling bitterly at me, “I’m sorry Haemin... Eomma... I have always reprimanded you for being dumb, but you’re always my proudest girl. I’m sorry I’m always out and unable to accompany you. When you have gone through the things I gave you in the box, you’ll understand why.

“Eomma…” I started crying and she held me in her arms.

“Uljimayeong Haemin-ah…” Eomma hugged me and I started crying out even louder. “Shh… Haemin” Eomma let go of the hug and dried my tears. “Haemin-ah do you have anyone you like now?”

“Eh? I… I don’t know…” I said stunned and lost to Eomma’s question.

Eomma smiled at tidied my fringe, “When you like a person, you blush, you enjoy his companion, you want to be with him all the time, your heart feels weird when you see someone else with him. It’s a mysterious kind of feeling. Do you feel it when you’re with someone?”

 

When Eomma explains, I thought of it and Kibeom was the one who came into my mind.

“It seems like you have one. Can I meet him?” Eomma ask smiling, brushing my fringe with her hand.

I nodded my head blushing at the thought of introducing Kibeom to Eomma.

“I’ll be home these few days and your Appa will be out somewhere else and it’s a weekend tomorrow so… invite him over for dinner arachi?” Eomma instructed.

“Ne Eomma” I nodded my head smiling.

“Go to your room and rest now. Good night my dear” Eomma pecked my forehead and went back into her room.

 

I went back into my room and bathed. I dried my hair with my bunny towel and covered it over my head, sitting on the bed hugging my knees. I grabbed my phone and texted Kibeom.

 

***   ***   ***

 

To: Kibeom

From: Haemin

 

Kibeom are you free tomorrow? My Eomma wants to invite you over for dinner tomorrow ^-^

 

***  ***  ***

 

I waited for his reply as I buried my head into my knees. I was guilt-ridden for lying to him and being cold towards him today. “Mianhae Kibeom…” I said softly.

My phone message ringtone rang and I unlocked it immediately.

 

***   ***   ***

 

To: Haemin

From: Kibeom

 

Yes I’m free!!! ^-^* I’ll see you tomorrow then! Are you feeling better Minnie?

 

To: Kibeom

From: Haemin

Yes I’m feeling better! I’m sorry Kibeom… I made you worry… Mianhaeyo Bummie…

 

To: Haemin

From: Kibeom

 

Aniyo Minnie, gwenchana! ~ I’m glad that you feel better! Rest now alright? Good night Minnie~ ^-~*

 

To: Kibeom

From: Haemin

Arasseo Bummie~ Good night ^~^

 

***   ***   ***

 

I beamed texting Kibeom, seems like he’s really not angry with me. I locked my phone and plug in the charger and leave it for the night and charge it.

I lay down on my bed with my bunny towel still on my head. Pulling my blanket over me, I buried myself in it hugging my orange colored bunny stuffed toy which is almost as huge as me and smiling to sleep. I’m looking forward to tomorrow to introduce Bummie to Eomma.

I yawned and drifted to sleep.

 

 

***  End of Chapter 13  ***

 


 

Ok.. so... here's the update ^-^ 

Do enjoy it and as always comments are loved.

I noticed a few mistakes here and there in my previous chapters, so I will be editing them tomorrow.

I'm thinking of changing the story title to a more attractive one so... but it's not confirmed yet so yep.

My chapters nowadays don't have any title as I couldn't think of one that suits the chapter.