Past & Truth

1000 Year with you

3rd Person’s POV

 

“Rin!” Minho knocks against her door.

 

“Now, where have I seen this scene before?” Minho’s father laughs. “What is it again this time?”

 

Minho turns around to see his dad and they went down to the living room to talk. Minho told him the entire story, from the time they went to rescue Haemin, to the time when Park Rin invaded Haemin’s hospital room.

 

After hearing the whole incident, Minho’s dad frowned and clasp his hands together tightly as he fidgets a little. “What’s wrong, dad?” Minho asked.

 

“Actually… the ‘Kibeom’ you know now… isn’t the one Rin is looking for…” Minho’s dad hesitates as he speaks. “It was before I adopted you, when Rin was six…”

 

*** *** ***

 

(This part is about Park Rin's past.)

 

It was during that summer.

 

“Sighs, I’m no good at all. Even after practicing so much…” Park Rin says upset. She sits by the side of the pool and soaks her feet in them.

 

“Hey,” a guy who’s a few year older of sits down beside her, “what’s wrong?”

 

Rin kept quiet and the guy kept speaking to her till she opened up. “I… No matter how much I practiced, I still can’t swim perfectly…” she said depressed.

 

“Hmm…” the guy stops to think, “I’m Kim Kibeom, 11 years old. Will you tell me your name?” he smiles.

 

“P –park Rin…” she says shyly.

 

“So Miss Rin, shall I offer to teach you swimming then?” Kibeom slips into the water and held out his hand for her.

 

She smiles brightly, blushing and took his hand and plunges into the water. The whole day, Kibeom teaches her to swim. They even to agree to meet the day after, and after, and this lasted for a very long time.

 

It’s been two months since they have practiced together. Rin will be participating in her school’s competition in a few days’ time. Thanks to Kibeom’s training, she is getting better at swimming.

 

“Hey… Kibeom, I’m scared…” Rin says while biting her lips, her eyes were teary, “what if I drag everyone down?”

 

He smiles so ever gently, and places his hands on hers, “hey, you worked hard so I’m sure you will do fine.” He jumps right into the water and splashes them at her, “cheer up! Let’s practice for a while more!”

 

They finished up with their practice, got changed. Kibeom waited with Rin for her dad to fetch her. “Before I go…” she gulps and pulls the hem of her shirt nervously, “will you… will you come to see me at the competition?”

 

Kibeom only smiled. “I’m sorry.” Rin’s eyes got watery. “No, that’s not what I meant,” he rubs the back of his neck. “I… I’m migrating to Canada because of my dad’s work so…”

 

“Ah…” Rin looks down on the floor, and her tears pit-a-pat on the ground.

 

“Don’t cry. I promise I will be back for you, so wait for me, ok?” Kibeom took out his pinky.

 

“You promised,” she says taking out her pinky, and they exchanged promises.

 

*** *** ***

 

“However…” Minho’s dad sighed. “Because Rin kept asking if he had landed safely, I asked my man to check for her but…” he stops, “… the plane that he was in… it… it was struck by a typhoon. He didn’t survived.”

 

Minho was shocked.

 

“Later, I asked my man to find someone who has the exact same name and similar backgrounds. That was your friend, Kim Kibeom. It seemed that he migrated to Canada too,” he says, with guilt in his voice, “I lied to Rin but, it was a white lie. I didn’t want her to be devastated.”

 

Minho’s dad cried and begged him not to tell Rin any of these. As he wants to be the one to tell her personally and seek for her forgiveness. However, she has heard all of it.

 

“Is… Is that true...? Dad…?” Rin asked with her shaking voice.

 

The both turned around dumbfounded. “Ri –Rin…!” their dad said surprised at her sudden appearance behind them, “Rin, I –”

 

*** *** ***

 

Park Rin’s POV

 

I’m confound by these sudden knowledge. I didn’t want to stay in that household. I want to escape reality. How could he be…?! I ran all the way to a park and sat in the swing. I bawled my tears out. At this moment, I didn’t cared how horrifying I may look, I just wanted to let it all out. How could it be? He… He’s dead?

 

Kibeom… Kibeom… Kibeom… I screamed his name countless times in my heart as I cry. What about our promise? You said you’ll come to get me. Why – why did you leave first?

 

Rin?”

 

I looked up and Minho was there. I ignored him and closed my eyes tightly faced down. “Rin, let’s go home,” he said gently.

 

“Leave me alone…” I cried, refusing to listen to his words. “I… I…”

 

It’s ok. You can let it out,” Minho comforts me as he holds my hand and wipes away my tears with the handkerchief he took out from his pocket. “It’s alright now.”

 

I sobbed, “Why…?”

 

“Because you’re my sister,” Minho pats my head gently, “It’s that simple.”

 

Shall we? My princess,” Minho stood up and offered to take my hand in his.

 

I took his hand in one and whips dry my face with the other. I laughed, “I guess I must be looking really hideous right now.”

 

“Even so, you’re still gorgeous,” Minho praised, smiling brightly with his teeth.

 

I blushed and chuckled at him, “Hey, are you hitting on your sister now?”

 

“Can’t I?” he laughs.

 

I laughed at him again. Thank you, oppa.

 

*** *** ***