Suspense

1000 Year with you

12:00 a.m. at HwangDo Park…

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

“Where’s the person… It’s already midnight…” Kibeom said anxious.

 

“Hey guys, look, there’s another letter here,” Minho said.

 

We crowded around Minho to see what was written in the letter. An address was written inside and there was no sign of the person who will be leading us to Haemin. “It’s obvious now that it’s a trap. Are you still going?”

 

Kibeom nodded his head, “I’m going.”

 

They took a cab to the location and it took quite a while. “This place is isolated,” Sujin said.

 

“We better be careful and stay together from now,” Minho says.

 

“Especially you,” Jonghyun points at Kibeom, “Don’t just run off looking for Haemin by yourself.”

 

The four head into the building without any idea of what is waiting for them.

 

*** *** ***

 

“Looks like your little friends are here to rescue you, princess,” the masked man says, as he drags someone into the room with a knife in his other hand.

 

Haemin eyes bewildered. M –mo –mom…? W –why? Haemin’s mom was already unconscious and cuts was seen on her arms and face. Haemin struggled to speak, and the man removed the towel stuffed in , “What did you do to her? Say! What did you do to my mother?!”

 

The man stuffed the towel back inside . “Mmf,” Haemin struggled. The masked man pulls Haemin by her collar, “Listen, if you deny me like her, this, is the outcome.”

 

Furious, Haemin banged her head against the masked man and caused him to flinch and release her collar. He then slapped and stomped on her. “Listen girl, your friends are here. I will not let them off.” He says and left the room without leaving Haemin in a moment of shock.

 

Friends…? No… Kibeom…? And the rest…? Why are they here? No… no, no, no! Haemin struggles even more to break free but she is too weak. She have went without food and with minimum water for days. It was not before long she passes out.

 

*** *** ***

 

They quietly pushed open the gate so the kidnapper won’t be alarmed. At the corner, the masked man was already silently watching every action of theirs. They searched for every single room and they finally found Haemin unconscious on the floor, and another person was laying on her side.

 

They ‘ran’ to her side, specifically Kibeom. He removed the towel and the ropes. He calls her name crying, “Haemin! Haemin, answer me.

 

Haemin felt something dripping onto her face and someone… someone was calling her, and she woke up. She forced open her eyes. The first thing she saw was Kibeom, she was happy and horrified.

 

“Hey… who’s this person? We have untied her but… we can’t wake her up,” Minho ask.

 

“Why is Mrs. Lee here?” Kibeom’s eyes widened.

 

“This is bad,” Jonghyun exclaimed, “We should leave immediately. I have a really bad feeling.”

 

“Kibeom…” Haemin spoke.

 

“What is it? What do you want to say, Haemin?” Kibeom asked.

 

“Leave… quickly… or else… he is coming,” Haemin said with pauses in between because of her terrible thirst which cause to become so dry.

 

Kibeom looked at the rest and nods, “let’s go.” Kibeom piggybacked Haemin, Minho and Jonghyun carried Mrs. Lee over their shoulders on each side. When they were about to take another step to leave the room through the backdoor, a voice sounded.

 

Leaving so soon?” the masked man said. “Let’s play a little while more shan’t we?”

 

Kibeom… he have a knife with him. Be careful…” Haemin whispers softly, without much energy.

 

‘Come on, think Kibeom! How can we escape here?’

 

“What do you want?” Jonghyun asks.

 

“Let us leave!” Sujin shouts at the masked man.

 

“I’m sorry young lady but, I can’t do that. I’m paid,” the masked man says, “just like any adult. I get my salary too,” he laughs sarcastically.

 

“You kill for a living? How ridiculous is that!” Sujin shouts again. “Don’t be stupid, turn yourself in. It’s never too late.”

 

“Turn myself in?” the masked man laughs even harder. “Don’t joke with me young lady!” The masked man takes out his knife and Sujin took a step back frightened.

 

Suddenly, Jonghyun let go of Mrs. Lee and took a look at Minho, making sure he understands his meaning. He dashes towards the masked man, grabbing his hand that has the knife and pushing him to a corner. “GO!” he shouts as he forcibly pushes back the masked man.

 

“Get lost! Get off me!”

 

Everyone hesitates on their feet, “hyung!” Key shouted.

 

“Hurry up and leave! I will catch up!” Jonghyun snatched over the knife and threw it away. At the same time he was pushed over, pinned down and punched.

 

The masked man reaches his hand into his hood and extricated a gun. Jonghyun eyes grew big, ‘it’s all over,’ he thought.

 

“Bang!” a gun shot was heard.

 

Everyone stopped moving when they heard the gun shot. “Hyung… no…”

 

Jonghyun…” Sujin’s mind went blank.

 

At this moment, Mrs. Lee, who was unconscious the whole time, slightly and slowly, opened her eyes.