Closer

1000 Year with you

 

3 March 2012, Seoul High Private Academy

 

** Your POV **

 

“Good morning Haemin!” Kibeom smiled and said.

“Morning Kibeom” I closed my locker and smiled at him.

“Uwa Haemin ah! I’m feeling so touched now! It’s the first time you said ‘Good morning’ to me” Kibeom faked tears.

I didn’t know how to react to his actions, he was my first friend and everything I’m experiencing was the first time. So I just smiled at him, “Class?”

“Ne~” Kibeom closed his locker and we walked to class.

 

Chatters were heard all around the school and rumors started spreading within minutes.

“Did you hear? Haemin actually talked to Kibeom!” someone A whispered.

“She must have thought that oppa was handsome. And now she is trying to steal him from us!” someone B exclaimed.

“Oppa won’t leave us will he? He’s our number one handsome ranking oppa in this school!  He won’t like a freak like Haemin!” someone A protested.

Kibeom looked at me worriedly and I smiled and shook my head to show him that I’m fine. He nodded discontented with the rumors.

 

Class 2SA, Seoul High Private Academy

 

I slide open the door and took a step into a class.

Sploosh!” a bucket of water splashed onto me. I was drenched and drips of water drip onto the ground. Everyone in the class started laughing at my pathetic position, but luckily Kibeom was behind me so he didn’t get wet. I wouldn’t want my first friend to experience this with me.

Kibeom stood in front of me and the class stopped laughing. “Who did this?” He asked with a hint of anger at the back of his voice.

The class kept quiet and continues doing their work. “So no one’s going to admit? We’ll see the culprit in the principal’s office then.”

Kibeom grip my hand and dragged me off to the principal’s office.

“Kibeom? It’s alright you see. They have always been treating me like this. I’m used to it. I’ll just go get a change of clothes alright? Abeoji will be mad if he knows that I’m keeping this from him. Please Kibeom” I begged him.

Kibeom stopped and turn to me, “No. Your Abeoji have to know about this matter. Let me handle this alright? It’ll be fine. I promise. I won’t let this matter continue anymore. You have no fault in this Haemin. You’re innocent. So let’s go, shall we?”

I nodded my head and we headed to the principal’s office. “I trust you Kibeom…”

Principal’s Office, Seoul High Private Academy

 

Tap Tap” Kibeom knocked the door.

“Come in” a voice spoke from behind the door.

“Good morning sir, I have something to say” Kibeom spoke.

“What is it? And why is this female student here drenched? What have happened?” Mr. Po asked.

“This girl over here is a student of class 2SA, she has been out casted by other students in school and became their target for teasing and bullying. She has done nothing wrong and she doesn’t deserve this. This morning, a bucket of water was connected to our class door and water was splashed on her. I hope you can do something to resolve this matter,” Kibeom said with a furious tone.

“This matter is serious. We will definitely look into it and give her back a justice” the principal said. “Once we have caught the culprit, we will punish him and request for him to do volunteer work for the society. You may leave now.”

“Ne. Thank you Mr. Po” Kibeom said and bow and we left the principal’s office.

“Let’s skip class today” Kibeom looked at me and said.

“Huh? But… It’s bad to skip classes…” I looked at him and bite my lips.

“Just for today please? We’ll just go to the rooftop! We’re still in school and we can use this chance to warn all those people who have bullied you that they are in deep trouble! So pleaseee? Haemin?” Kibeom pouted.

“Just this once…” I answered him.

“YESS!” Kibeom cheered happily.

He held my hands and we ran to the school’s rooftop.

 

Rooftop, Seoul High Private Academy

 

** Key’s POV **

 

I ran towards the open space and stretched out my arms as I breathe in the fresh air. “Haemin come on, do this with me! It feels good” I gestured for her.

“Eh? But this is embarrassing…” she bites her lips and walked towards me slowly. “But… I’ll try” she smiled and did the same thing I did. “Chooo” she sneezed and rubs her nose.

“Here wear my jacket, I’ve forgotten you’re still drenched and I brought you up to the rooftop to feel the cold wind” I took off my jacket and wore it over her. “Let’s sit at the bench there.”

“It’s okay Kibeom. It’s a new kind of experience to me too. I’ve never tried anything like this,” she answered, “Thank you, for letting me experience this.” She smiled at me.

My heart started thumping quicker when I see her smile. I smiled weirdly back at her and turn to the magnificent view of the scenery. The sun was slowly setting and the school bell is going to ring soon. The two of us sat like this for hours, no communication yet comfortable.

“Say Kibeom… What is love?” Haemin asked suddenly breaking the silence.

“Eh?” I was stunned by her question. “Why did you ask so suddenly?”

“I was thinking about a book I’m reading recently. It’s called ‘Romeo and Juliette’. Have you read the book before?” She looked at me and asks.

“Yeah… It was a tragic love story…” I answered looking at the scenery.

“Have you ever fallen in love?” Haemin asked.

“Not yet…” I answered. “What about you? Any crush”

“None… You know why, but if I ever get to love one day… I’ll fight for it like them. I wouldn’t want a sad love story” she smiled and blush a little. “Right Kibeom?”

I nodded my head and stretched my hand to curl her hair behind her ears, “You look beautiful when you smile Haemin. You should smile more.”

She nodded her head and blushed at my actions. I looked at her carefully and unconsciously lean closer to her to peck her cheeks but the bell disturbed me. “Damn it…”

“School has ended. Let’s go home” Haemin stood up and her blush was slightly visible under the striking sun rays.

“Alright then” I sighed inwardly. Why do I feel so upset about the fact that the bell had disturbed the kiss? “Haemin!” I shouted for her.

“Yes Kibeom?” she stopped and turns around to look at me.

“Are you free tomorrow? Since it’s a holiday… well you know… I’ll like to ask you out and we can go to the amusement park…” I rubbed the back of my neck and asked shyly.

“Uhm… I’ll ask my Abeoji about this alright?” She bites her lips and wrote her number on my palm and vice versa.

“Now we have each other’s number!” I said happily. “I’ll be waiting for you to contact me Haemin!” I shouted and she waved to me before getting into her chauffeur’s car.

 

Lee’s Residence

 

“Abeoji I’m home” I greeted him.

I walked towards him and sat down opposite him.

“Do you need something my dear?” Abeoji asked me.

“Uhm… It’s a school holiday tomorrow and Kibeom asked me out to the amusement park so I seeking Abeojis’ permission…” I asked timidly.

He had a sip of his coffee and thought about it for a while, “Alright go then. If it’s Kibeom, it’ll be alright.”

“Really?” I beamed with happiness. “Thank you Abeoji!” I gave him a hug and went to my room.

 

Haemins’ Room, Lee’s Residence

 

I entered Kibeom’s contact number and saved it. “Text message… Recipient Kibeom…” I muttered to myself.

 

** Text Message **

Recipient: Kibeom

Message:

Abeoji have allowed me to go to the amusement park with you tomorrow!

From: Haemin

 

Recipient: Haemin

Message:

Really? That’s great news! \(^-^*)/ I’ll fetch you outside your house at 10am tomorrow morning! Remember to dress well~ Sleep early too to look pretty!

From: Kibeom

 

Recipient: Kibeom

Message:

Ne~ I got it Kibeom

From: Haemin

 

Recipient: Haemin

Message:

Your text is too dull! You have to add in some expressions! For example… ^^*~ wink! Or a smiley face will do fine too! So I’ll know how you are feeling!

From: Kibeom

 

Recipient: Kibeom

Message:

Arasseoyo. I got it Ki-beom-mi ^^*~ There!

From: Haemin

 

Recipient: Haemin

Message:

Uwah~ My Haemin learns fast! ^^* I’m proud of you Minnie! Now sleep! You have to get up early for our adventure tomorrow! Sweet dreams!

From: Kibeom

 

Recipient: Kibeom

Message:

Ne bommie ~ Rest well and sweet dreams (^^*)/

From: Haemin

 

** End of Text Message **

 

Kim’s Residence

 

** Key’s POV **

 

I closed my phone and started humming to myself as I watched the TV program. Jonghyun hyung was beside me and he raised his eyebrows at me. “What?”

“What what? You’re humming to yourself my dear brother” Jonghyun said. “What’s the happy occasion?”

“What occasion? Nothing happened. Is there any occasion?” I denied pretending to be innocent.

“Don’t lie Kibeom. You know I’ll see right through you. Even if you don’t tell me I’ll figure it out myself” Jonghyun hyung smirked and moved closer towards me.

“Y-Yah hyung! Stop it!” I screamed. “I’m getting freaked out!”

“Then tell me” he demanded.

“Arasseoyo!” I pushed him away and scoffed. “I’m going out with my friend tomorrow.”

“It’s a girl isn’t it? She must have made a deep impression in you. That’s why you’re so happy when she agreed to go out with you! Now shoot it, what’s her name? What’s she like? Tell me every single detail my dear brother. I’m not letting you off until you spill everything” Jonghyun hyung shot me with all the questions at a go.

I sighed as this brother of mine know me too well and he won’t let me off till I really tell him everything I know.

“Her name is Lee Haemin, and I met her on the first day of school as she was my locker mate. I introduced…” I started telling Jonghyun hyung everything about Haemin and I didn’t realize that my expressions changes whenever I talk about Haemin.

When I finished, Jonghyun hyung nodded his head and seem to come to a conclusion. “Kibeom, perhaps you haven’t realize, the possibility of you already having a crush on her is 90%. I wouldn’t confirm it, but your actions have told me so. You have to realize this yourself. When you talked about her being bullied, you frowned and showed a painful expression. Why is that Kibeom? Figure it out yourself, hyung can only help you this far and the rest depends on you” Jonghyun hyung gave me a pat on my shoulder and hugged me. “I’ll be here if you need me,” he gave his teeth smile.

 

“Ew hyung, stop getting touchy with me” I said and pushed him off.

“Tch, you’ve hurt your hyung’s feeling” Jonghyun hyung faked a cry. “I’m serious. I’ll be your love consultant if you ever need me to be one” he smiled and retreated to his room.

I went to get a cup of water to drink and sort over my thoughts. Drinking water always helps me to organize my thoughts and relax. I couldn’t think straight now; I don’t know what to think of. My brain is in a mess, I needed to get some sleep.

 

4 March 2012, Lee’s Residence

 

** Key’s POV **

 

I sent her a text informing that I’ve already reached and I’ll be waiting for her outside at the gates.

 

“Kibeom!” a voice called me from behind. I turned around and see Haemin running.

“Yah Haemin, don’t run! What if you fall?” I nagged at her.

“I didn’t want you to wait long, so I rushed here” she pants and said in between breathes.

“Ne arasseo. Let’s go now” I chuckled and held her hand. “By the way you look stunning today."

 

** End of Chapter 2 **

 

Author’s Note:

I ended examinations today and I decided to update a chapter hehe! Since I’ve no school tomorrow I will write another chapter and update! Thank you for your support !! <3 thousand of love for you kekeke<3