Chapter 14

1000 Year with you

 

Kim’s Residence, Living Hall

 

** Kibeom POV **

 

I threw my schoolbag on the table and fallen back onto the grand sofa. Haemin’s expression at the rooftop remained in my mind, replaying over and over. “Haemin…”

“–om ah! KIM-KI-BEOM!” a pissed voice shouted into my ears.

I jumped up shocked by the sudden shouting, “YAH hyung! What are you doing? My ear hurts!” I scolded him while rubbing my ears.

“I’ve called you for umpteen times, what were you thinking of?” Jonghyun hyung ask, being rather pissed I wasn’t paying attention to him.

I kept quiet and leaned back on the sofa again adjusting myself, looking at the ceiling.

“Is it about Haemin?” Jonghyun hyung asked with a soften voice.

I stayed in my position and remained silent.

“Slap!” I felt a sharp pain on my leg and scrunched from the pain.

“YAH HYUNG! How many times do you want to hurt me?” I slapped him back on the shoulder.

 

“You’re just –argh Kibeom just tell me what happen I’m getting frustrated here!” Jonghyun hyung snapped.

“I –I just don’t know hyung… she isn’t herself at school today” I answered restlessly.

“It upsets you?” Jonghyun hyung ask.

“Isn’t it ob –I mean well I –yes it does” I stuttered with my words and sighed.

“Don’t think too much Kibeom, go take a bath and come down for dinner” Jonghyun hyung pulled me up from the chair and chased me away to my room.

“Arasseo arasseo” I shrugged him off and took a bath.

After bathing, I walked down the stairs like a zombie with my phone in my hands. I smell something in the kitchen and stood at the side of the dining table. The table was placed with food, well; it’s still pleasant I guess.

 

I washed my hands and sit down grabbing a pair of chopsticks. I started digging in and chew on the food.

“YAH! You are supposed to wait for me!” Jonghyun hyung turn over and said.

I finished chewing and put down my chopsticks. Looking at my reflection on my phone screen, there wasn’t any message from her.

“Kibeom… cheer up! Who knows the next minute your phone will be ringing and it’s her?”  Jonghyun hyung comfort me and my phone rang the next second.

“Recipient… Minnie…” my phone screen showed. “Hy –hyung! She texted me! SHE TEXTED ME!” I jumped up excited and quickly replied her.

“Let me see it!” Jonghyun hyung attempt to snatch my phone from me but I shooed him away.

“Psh, stingy brother” Jonghyun hyung said pretending to be hurt.

 

After I ended our conversation by sending Haemin to sleep, I locked my phone and look at Jonghyun hyung.

“Hyung…” I looked at him.

“W –wae? You are creeping me out stop looking at me like this!” he gulped taking a step back.                 

“Haemin’s mother invited me over for dinner tomorrow” I said at him still stunned.

Jonghyun hyung’s jaw dropped and he closed it immediately, “meeting your mother-in-law so quickly huh?” he smirked rubbing his chin.

“Wh –what it’s just a dinner…” I blushed and ate his dishes trying to change the topic, “Whoa hyung your cooking have improved!”

“I know –and don’t change the topic here! You’re going over to her house for dinner, so –obviously you’re going to meet your mother-in-law. It’s a normal thing you know, son-in-law meeting girlfriend’s mother thing” Jonghyun hyung smirked.

“……”

“…...”

We exchange glances and I sigh, “I give in hyung, you win.”

He gave me a victory sign and continue eating the food, “Here little brother~ Ahhhh~ eat your brother home cooked food!” he said with aegyo trying to feed me the ‘delicious’ food he cook.

Well I admit it; it’s tasty but not as delicious as mine. “I have eaten well. Thank you for the food” I said and washed my dishes.

I ran up to my room and locked my doors.

“Yah Kibeom!” Jonghyun hyung shouted from the kitchen.

I open the doors and shout, “Good night hyung!” and close the doors again.

“Y –yah! That kiddo! Forgetting about his brother when he’s got a wife” Jonghyun hyung shouted loud enough for me to hear.

"Yah hyung I can hear that!" I shouted loud enough for him to hear.

I close the lights and slept thru the night.

 

***     ***     ***

 

I woke up earlier than usual, maybe because I have slept in early yesterday. I got out of bed and searched through my wardrobe for appropriate attire. I picked out a black jacket with a shirt that has ‘Thousand years past we meet again. That is called fate” cheesy but it matches my outfit and also with a hot pink jeans that is a little loose around my legs.

I look in the mirror, satisfied with what I’m wearing. I jogged downstairs but hyung wasn’t awake yet. Probably I should take this chance to go out before he sees what I’m wearing and comment on it again.

I poured myself a glass of milk and made toast bread to eat and dine in the kitchen. I heard someone coming down the stairs; I didn’t bother to run as I know by the time he would have already seen me.

Might as well flaunt my perfect sense of style to him right? “Morning sleepy head” I greeted him and he yawned and gave me a wave to return my greetings.

He poured himself a glass of milk and sat opposite me and took a piece of my toast. “Yah that’s mine!”

“Tsk, don’t be a stingy guy Kibeom, or your wife is not going to love you a lot” Jonghyun hyung joked, "and whoa with what you’re wearing. Isn’t it too… extravagant?” 

“I’m only generous to my wife and children and not forgetting myself” I said to him, “and hyung! I’m going to meet my futu –I mean friend’s Eomma I have to be presentable!”

“What about your hyung? I’m your matchmaker I should have some credit right?” Jonghyun hyung pouted, "and yes your future mother-in-law I know brother I know" Jonghyun hyung said and patted my shoulder.

“You had it. The toast you took from me” I smirked, ignoring the last sentence he said.

“YAH! What kind of reward is this? I bought this with my money! And don't try to change the topic Kibeom!” Jonghyun hyung said and stood up.

“Take it or leave it” I shrug my shoulders and stood up from my seat to wash the cup, ignoring my 'dear' hyung.

 

“I’m leaving now, have fun with your ‘reward’ hyung” I laughed and went out.

 

Now… since I’m having dinner at their place. It’s bad if I didn’t prepare any gifts for them. So first on my checklist is to get a gift. I went to COEX Mall to purchase something useful for them. I went to a pet shop to get Haemin a white bunny, it has bright red eyes. Haemin will definitely love this bunny. I also purchased a cage and its food for the bunny too.

As for Haemin’s mother, I bought her a branded perfume which is trendy among older ladies nowadays. And lastly, Haemin’s Abeoji, he seems to be always drinking coffee which is bad for his health so I bought him imported tea leaves which is healthier for him. When I was done purchasing the gifts, it was only 2:35pm and I decided to go earlier as I might be able to help out with certain things.

 

Lee’s Residence

 

I stood outside of the gates nervously as my finger trembles to press the doorbell. I gulped and pressed the button. The door open and I swallowed my saliva hard. “Kim Kibeom take it easy… relax… breathe in and out”

“Good afternoon young master, I believe you’re Haemin’s friend. Come on in” a maid escorted me into the living hall.

“I’ll get young mistress you can have a seat here” the maid escorted me and left.

I took a seat and Haemin came down shortly. Her hair was undone and she wore over-sized grey color sweater with a bunny imprinted on it and a baby-pink shorts with her bunny slippers. I caught myself staring at her as she jogged down the stairs.

“Kibeom!” she called for me and suddenly, she fell down the stairs and landed on her . I snapped out of it and ran over to help her.

“Haemin! Gwenchana?” I helped her up and she rubbed herself in the back, “Aish... what should I do with you… Did you injure yourself anywhere? You scared the hell out of me I could literally feel my heart in my mouth” I ask worriedly and still in shock.

“Heh gwenchanayo Kibeom!” Haemin said, holding out a peace sign to me and patting my fringe after that.

“A-arasseo” I stuttered and blushed, my fringe a few times.

 

***     End of Chapter 14     ***

 


Ok, so this whole chapter is basically Kibeom's POV and I noticed it only after I finished typing.

I'm already starting on next chapter too so look forward to it.

Comments loved and subscribe too if you enjoy reading my story!