The First Wind before Storm

1000 Year with you

 

** Important: Please play ‘Quasimodo’ by SHINee throughout this whole chapter **

 

 

 

11 March 2012, Rooftop, Seoul High Private Academy

 

** Your POV **

 

I woke up in a daze and open my eyes; I was resting my head on Kibeom’s shoulder. I must have fallen asleep. The sky was already dark, our chauffeur! I jumped up and startled Kibeom. I shake him vigorously and he had a blur look on. He realized it was already night time and he grabbed our bags, held my hands and we ran to the gates. The gates were still open, we heaved a sigh of relief but to see my Abeoji and Kibeom’s brother at the gate waiting for us.

 

*** *** ***

 

** 3rd person POV **

 

Jonghyun gestured for Kibeom to come to him quickly. Kibeom took a glance at Haemin and Haemin nodded, asking him to go to his brother. Haemin followed behind after Kibeom left, walking towards her father.

“Abeoji” Haemin called her father in fear. Her father nodded and got into the car. Biting her lips, she looked at Kibeom and got into the car hastily too. The car ride home was solemn, not a single sound. Haemin trembled a little, she have never disobeyed her father before, and this was the first time she returned home this late after school without informing her father. This was the second time she have seen her father this angry.

 

Jonghyun exhales a big breath when Haemin’s father’s car left, “Finally he left. That girl’s father is scary. Your father-in-law huh?” Jonghyun joked around with Kibeom but he notices Kibeom’s sour face. “Hey… What’s wrong bro?” Jonghyun asked worriedly. He has never seen his brother like this before, not even when he falls out with their parents. Jonghyun sighed and gave Kibeom a brotherly hug, “Eomma is waiting at home. Let’s go now.”

Kibeom followed Jonghyun to his car and Jonghyun drove them back home. “Why is Eomma home at this time?” Kibeom questioned Jonghyun.

“Well… I’m not sure either… but she does not seem to happy today…” Jonghyun answered Kibeom shrugging his shoulder.

“Oh? Ever since when does she look happy? Seeing her face spoils your mood” Kibeom said sarcastically.

Jonghyun kept quiet and concentrated on driving while Kibeom leaned back on the seat and look at the dark sky. Jonghyun parked his car in the garage and they got off. Opening the door, someone waits for Kibeom behind it. “Eomma” Jonghyun greeted their mother. Kibeom had his hands in his pocket and he walked back to his room, but to be stopped by his Eomma.

“Where do you think you’re going Kibeom? Sit down” Eomma ordered. Kibeom stood still for a moment and sat at the furthest end of the couch. Not wanting to get near to his mother. “Where were you? Do you know that we are worried abo-”

Kibeom cut off his mother and shouted at her, “worried about me? Save your words, I know what you’ve been up to. What you have said to me, I will not forget.” Kibeom went back to his room leaving Jonghyun with their Eomma in the living hall. “Sorry eomma, I’ll pacify him,” Jonghyun said and went after Kibeom. Their mother sat in the living hall, frustrated; “Why did he become like this? Kibeom ah…”

 

*** *** ***

 

Kibeom’s Room, Kim’s Residence

 

** Kibeom POV **

 

“Kibeom?” I heard Jonghyun hyung called and I look at him and turned away. “You alright?” hyung sat down beside me at the end of my bed and put his arm across my shoulder. “You know eomma has always been like this.”

“You don’t know hyung! How it feels to have those words said to you” I stood up, being really pissed at this moment.

“Yes I do understand. I’m your closest kin brother. I’m the one who understands you the best. Kibeom… cool down…” Jonghyun hyung stood up shouting into my face, trying to calm me down.

“I – I’m sorry hyung…” I apologized and all the anger in me diminished.

“Rest well tonight, I know you’re exhausted,” he pats my shoulder and left the room.

 

I took off my blazer and top throwing them onto my bed. I opened my wardrobe and picked out a simple tee shirt and boxers and threw them onto my bed. I stepped into the shower, locked the doors behind me, took off the rest of my clothes and open the shower tap. Water runs down my skin, it hits my face as I looked up with my eyes closed. I brushed back my hair with my hands, feeling vexed. I punched the wall a few times with all my might, my hands were bruised and my skin was scratched.

I used orange-green tea fragrance soap and shampoo to wash my hair and body. Cleansing myself for the last time, I washed off the soap on my body and wrap my lower body with a long towel and stepped out of the shower. My hair is still dripping water and I didn’t entirely dry myself. I sneezed and quickly wore my clothes. I took out my phone from my bag and sat at the side of my bed. I keyed in a message quickly and sent it to her.

 

*** *** ***

 

To: Haemin

From: Kibeom

 

Haemin, Are you alright? Did you get scolded by your Abeoji…?

 

*** *** ***

 

I waited for her text impatiently as I bite my lips and walk around my room.

*** *** ***

 

Lee’s Residence, Living Hall

 

** Your POV **

 

I sat in silence as I wait for Abeoji to speak, “Abeoji…”

“Why did you come out of school so late? And worse off to it you’re spending it with a guy! What have you done to disgrace me Haemin? Speak!” Abeoji shouted at his top of his voice.

“I… I did nothing with him… I was waiting for the chauffeur at the rooftop with Kibeom and I was tired so –so I fell asleep on his shoulder and when we woke up it was already night time” I explained as I started to choke with my words as tears started welling up in my eyes. “Abeoji… please believe me…” I begged as a tear flow down my cheeks.

 

“Piak” a slap went across my face. “That is your punishment for making your parents worry,” Abeoji said and retreat to his room.

 

I started crying softly, this is the first time, in a few years, Abeoji have slapped me…

 

 

*** *** ***

 

** Flash back **

 

This happened years ago… when I was seven.

 

 

“To have your daughter back, you will have to pay a ransom of 5 million dollars. Tomorrow at HwangDo Park. We will contact you again,” the kidnapper said on the phone and cut the line off.

The kidnapper squat in front of me, “Be good little girl, your Abeoji is fetching you home tomorrow. If you’re a bad girl, you will not see your daddy again you got it?” he said with an evil smile on his face.

I nodded my head and my lips tremble trying to contain the tears in me. Only if I have listened to Abeoji and not run around without anyone protecting me… Abeoji always tells me that because he is famous and rich, evil people will try to kidnap me and demand unreasonable things from him.

 

The next day…

 

The kidnapper brought me along to HwangDo Park; he dialed a number and faked his voice, “See a bench in front of you? Place the ransom below the bench, and go to the fountain near the lake to find your daughter after you have done so.”

 

I see Abeoji walking towards the bench and did as the kidnapper has told him to. The kidnapper nodded his head gesturing his partner to release me at the fountain. His partner drags me along to the fountain and looked around to check if there is any police. When he felt safe, he pulled me out of the bushes and dropped me at the fountain. Suddenly, the police ambushed us and Abeoji appeared among the police. He ran towards me and gave me a tight hug. “Abeoji!” I cried out in his arms as I was traumatized by the accident.

 

The police called for Abeoji and they converse a little and the police left. Abeoji’s face changed immediately when he turned to look at me again, I was frightened by his expression. “Abeo-” I was cut off by a slap. Tears started welling in my eyes and my hand cupped my cheeks.

 

“You should have known better than to run around without any bodyguards protecting you! See what have happened now? You have been kidnapped!” Abeoji scolded.

 

At the age of 7, I didn’t understand. I only wanted more freedom, more playmates but I had none. I wasn’t allowed to interact, but I understand Abeoji’s intention and what’s the meaning behind it. However, ever since then I grew lonelier. I didn’t ask for more, I didn’t dare to.

 

“As long as it’s Abeoji’s wishes, I’ll carry it out…” That was what I thought to myself. Ever since then I’ve never went again his wishes. I was the pearl on his palm, I am important to him. Eomma have never paid attention to me… she was always busy with other guys… Abeoji was the only one who was always there…

 

 

*** End of Flash back ***

 

*** *** ***

 

Haemin’s Room

 

I walked up the stairs without any energy left in me, whipping off the tears on my face. I mustn’t cry; Abeoji’s punishment is right. I went into my room, neatly placed my bag on the study desk and pull out my phone from my skirt pocket. ‘New Message: Kibeom’ I unlock my screen and replied him.

 

*** *** ***

 

To: Kibeom

From: Haemin

 

I’m alright Kibeom ^^* I’m exhausted. I’ll talk to you tomorrow alright? Good night~

 

 

To: Haemin

From: Kibeom

 

Alright then… good night Minnie…

 

 

*** *** ***

 

I bite my lower lips and pressed the lock button. I slipped my feet into my bunny slippers, grab my bunny pajamas and went to take a shower. After showering, I dried my hair with the hairdryer and switched on the air-conditional to 25oC. I pull my blankets to cover myself and keep warm at night. Feeling tired from the long day, I fell asleep the moment I closed my eyes.

 

 

** Haemin’s Abeoji POV **

 

I opened the door slightly and she was already asleep. I stepped into her room leaving the door slightly open. I sat at the side of her bed, brushing her fringe away. Her face was moist, she must have cried in her sleep. I sighed and tug in the blanket for her and closed the door after I left the room.

 

“Oh old man, still awake?” A drunken voice said.

 

I turned around; it can only be one person, Haemin’s Eomma. “I see you bother to come home.” I said and turn away.

“This?” she laughed sarcastically and continues her words, “this place, gave me no love. That girl inside, is just a dumb kid that I gave birth to!” she shouted pointing towards Haemin’s door.

“You have no rights to say woman! You didn’t shower her any love or gave her concern! You’re not fit to be her mother!” I shushed her.

“What about you? Do you think you have the rights? After what you have done? No Lee Park Jeong!” she shouted pointing at me, standing unstably.

“You’re drunk, your words can’t be heed,” I said and went back to my room.

“Lee Park Jeong! Just you wait the day your daughter knows everything!” she shouted across and went back to her room.

 

 

*** End of Chapter 11 **

 

 

A/N:  

Ok, I’m pretty glad I managed to finish this today because I wasn’t sure if I have the time to finish it tomorrow. Well here it is and I hope you enjoyed it! Do you guys want Haemin’s father profile? I can put it up on the next chapter and in foreword (: And say do you like the title of the story, will you like me to change it? ): Cause it seems that it does not look catchy to many people T-T

 

OK and uhmm… probably I’ll answer all your doubts and comments in the chat box from now on…? Yeah so ‘A/N’ is pretty important so please read. Well because I know some people have the tendency to skip it, so yeah ok. That’s it (: Hopefully the next update will be on this Saturday?

 

Oh and also, I don’t really know how to put videos… GIFs… into fanfics, so… if you know will you teach me? (: I’ll be grateful! There’s still a lot I can learn from you guys so yeah, thanks. I know I’ve repeated this lot of times BUT here it is again! Comments keeps me going so please comment ^-^