Brewing Storm

1000 Year with you

3rd Person POV

 

“W –what are you trying to say, Mr. Lee?” Kibeom said, trying his best to feign ignorance.

 

“Hm,” Mr. Lee snorted, “you can go, and I’m just joking with you. Haemin’s in her room – that is if you want to see her.” Mr. Lee turned his back and Kibeom left the room, picking up his footsteps as quickly as he could without looking like he was running away from guilt.

 

‘That kid definitely knows something about it…’ Mr. Lee thought, and slots out a cigarette from the leather case he uses to keep his cigarette and lit it up.

 

***

 

‘He definitely suspects me, and something is not right, I have to get Haemin out here, and right now,’ Kibeom thought, as he jogged up the stairs to Haemin’s room. He knocked on her door, and it revealed Haemin in her usual pajamas – bunny style.

 

“Haemin, I don’t have time to explain, but do you trust me?” Kibeom ask, with a very frantic look on his face. She nods and Kibeom asked her to change into her casual wear and wear any available shoes in her room.

 

They took 23-Sept , the bunny, along with them, and with Haemin’s hair still uncombed, and escaped out of the house. The security guard caught them and thought Kibeom was kidnapping Haemin, some ran after the both of them and a few went back into the premises – probably to report to Mr. Lee.

 

They took the cab and reached Kibeom’s house, the Kim’s residence, but at the wrong time.

 

Kibeom,” Jonghyun hissed, and did a small action, pointing at the person next to him. It was our mother. Haemin bowed and I just pulled her along to my room, but was stopped by her, “who said you can go? And who is that right beside you? The one you’re holding hands with.”

 

“Ah – Mrs. Kim I am -” Haemin attempted to introduce herself but Kibeom cut her off by saying there was no need to.

 

Mrs. Kim then asked Jonghyun to tell her who Haemin was, and that was how she found out Haemin was actually someone her youngest son likes. “Well, Kibeom, I am pretty sure you’ve not heard, but I will not approve of your relationship, with a girl like that. Just look at her. What an unkempt lady. Are you, even sure she is from a prestige family?”

 

“I don’t need your approval,” Kibeom said simply, “and don’t talk about her this way. She’s way better than you in every aspect.” Kibeom leaded Haemin up to his room, with Haemin occasionally looking back at his mother.

 

Mrs. Kim was in rage. Jonghyun approached her slowly, and counseled her, talked her out of it. “Eomma, if he really loves her, why don’t you let them be?”

 

“But look at her, she’s a mess! She’s definitely not compatible with our Kibeom,” Mrs. Kim rebutted.

 

“Eomma, would you rather be with the one you love, and is willing to go through hell with him just because you know he will definitely be there to shelter you from the dangers or you would rather, be with someone who has no feelings for you, but only your money and status?” Jonghyun reasoned.

 

Mrs. Kim went speechless - it seems as though she has been enlightened by Jonghyun with the look on her face. Jonghyun then gave a firm pat on her hands and went to check on Kibeom and Haemin. She agreed with what Jonghyun had said to her - she wants her son to be happy.