Orange Letter & the Box

1000 Year with you

Hey guys! Happy (Late) New Year! I will be trying my best to update this story as much as possible from now onwards. Hopefully all the chapters will be up by the end of February as this story has been dragging on for a year and more. 

double update


 

Kibeom POV

 

She accepted it. She did! I grinned and laughed to myself like an idiot in my room. I can’t believe it. I hear hyung’s footstep outside the door and I thought it would be nice if I shared this good news with him first, but the minute I entered his room, I realised it wasn’t a great idea to talk about this with him right now.

 

Hyung?” I called softly.

 

He didn’t budge at all. He was leaned back on his bed, eyes closed, and both hands on his tummy. Yes, exactly like a corpse, except on a bed. I sat on the edge and hoped for some response by shaking his arms. No reaction.

 

“...,” I stared at him and this time I attacked him with tickles. He got irritated and slapped my hands away, turning to face the other side. I decided that he was in a really solemn mood today, and I went back to my room for now.

 

Ring... ring... ring... The caller ID showed ‘Mrs. Lee’. Many thoughts of why is she calling me flashed through my mind – why is she calling me? Does she already know what happened between Haemin and me? What am I going to say?

 

I took a deep breath and answered the call, “Hello?

 

“Congratulations,” she said simply. “I have heard everything from Haemin... and... have you opened it...?”

 

It...?” I asked puzzled, and remembering the orange letter she gave me. “Ah... no...”

 

“Do it after this call,” she instructed over the phone. “Before it is too late...,” she spoke the last sentence too softly, but I was not able to hear it, and I didn’t bother to ask either.

 

Tu... Tu...

 

“Huh? She hung up? W –what...,” I said. “Calling suddenly and hanging up immediately...” I remembered what she said and took out the orange letter from my desk’s cupboard.

 

 

***

 

 

3rd Person POV

 

Lee’s Residence

 

“Haemin-ah,” Mrs. Lee said, hugging Haemin as they sit on the edge of Mrs. Lee individual queen-size bed. “I’m glad... he is a good man. He will take good care of you and protect you from any danger.”

 

Eomma...”

 

Mrs. Lee heaved a breath, and firmly holds onto Haemin, as though she would lose her any moment from now. “And, Haemin, open the box when you are in your room, and... don’t let anyone see what’s inside. Only you, Kibeom and I will know what is in it.”

 

“I got it. Eomma, I’m heading back now,” Haemin stood up and bowed before closing the door.

 

***

 

Haemin took out the box, given by her mother, kept in the side desk of her cupboard. At the very same time, both of them – Kibeom and Haemin – holds the orange letter and box respectively in their hands. Upon reading the letter, Kibeom became flustered, while Haemin is confused.