Gasping

1000 Year with you

Back to school…

 

Kibeom walks towards her, “Hey,” and their hands interlocked. “You feeling better?” He asked as they walk towards the car. She nods in response. “Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to let you attend school after all…”

 

“I’m fine, really. Just a little weak but I’m fine,” she smiles.

 

“Tell me once you feel unwell, alright?” he ask to assure.

 

“Ok,” she agreed and they got into the car and went to school.

 

*** *** ***

 

Oh, the lovebirds is here,” Minho said smirking as he looks at the both who gets down from the car. “Such sweetness in the early morning. Man, I might get diabetes from this.”

 

“Shut up Minho,” said Kibeom, and Haemin blushed listening to Minho’s words. The couple looked around, searching for someone. “Where’s Sujin?”

 

Well…” Minho paused, “where else could she be?”

 

The couple looked at each other, and came into a common thought. ‘At the hospital!’ and they laughed. Little did they expect the model student to be skipping school.

 

*** *** ***

 

At the hospital.

 

Uh…” Jonghyun tries to break the awkward silence between them. “Well… thanks for visiting me but, what about school?” he questions. Since his brother has told him that they are going back to school the next school day.

 

Um… well… I… felt a little unwell so I came to see the doctor and I thought maybe, well, I could pay you a visit! Since... you’re in this hospital too…?” she answered with an awkward smile, eyes shifting as she thinks of what to say to get through this.

 

Jonghyun laughed; knowing she’s actually here to see him, but he feigns innocent and played along anyway. “What did the doctor said?”

 

“He… he said I will be fine after getting plenty of rest,” replied Sujin nervously.

 

He laughed again, “Make sure you do then,” he smiled. “Oh,” he seemed to have remembered something. He then pulled her towards him, “how about you rest here?”

 

She jumped slightly in surprise and blushed. Her heart beats fast as she swallows her saliva. “S – Stop…” she said, “I will rest when I have reached home.” He let go of her, and laughed lightly.

 

“You should get going.”

 

She paused; she doesn’t know what to say. She begins thinking, and opens a few times before she finally spoke. “I… no… I can accompany you until Kibeom comes you know; and – um… you might be bored too right?” she laughs, awkwardly. “So, um, I can stay.”

 

“Thank you.” He let out a really gentle smile – which made her heart throbs even faster.

 

That afternoon…

 

“Hyung!” Kibeom called the minute he slides open the door. The scene right in front of them, now, left them dumbfounded. Sujin laid flat on the ground, and Jonghyun was right on top of her; and the two looked at them, and blushed deep. “Sorry to disturb!” Kibeom said loudly, and shut the door close almost immediately.

 

Whoa. The three outside thought, still in astonishment and dazed. They definitely did not expect to see this OR for them to advance this quickly to the final phase. Kibeom started having weird thoughts of similar things happening between Haemin and him. Haemin too, started thinking about things that may happen in the future. When their eyes met, they flushed and averted their eyes away.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun and Sujin had their legs crossed sitting on the ground. With their red faces, Sujin helps Jonghyun to sit on the bedside; then she went out to get Kibeom, Haemin and Minho. “You guys can go in now,” she said embarrassed, and stood to the side to make room for them to go in.

 

The three just nodded their head, feeling a little uncomfortable after seeing that, and went in. They made themselves home, sitting at any available chairs. “Uh, so,” Kibeom strikes up a conversation, “how are you?”

 

“The doctor said I will be discharged soon, probably by this weekend.

 

“Great!” Kibeom replied, and the room returned to its silence again. No one spoke and Haemin stood up from her seat suddenly, and the chair made the annoying screeching noise. The rest turned to look at her. “Haemin?” Kibeom spoke.

 

“Ah – nothing’s wrong. I need to go to the restroom for a moment,” she says shyly. “Um, will you accompany me, Sujin?”

 

Sujin stood up from her place, “yeah, let’s go.” Sujin took her hand and they were about to walk out of the room.

 

In a blink of an eye, the window glass was shattered to bits. Their first reflex was to use their arms to cover themselves when it happened. Kibeom and Minho stood up, looked at the ground near the window glass which small bits of glass covered the floor. What the hell did just happened?! The guys thought.

 

Haemin!” Sujin shouts – after she feels Haemin loosening the grip on her hand and seeing her falling slowly. Sujin grabbed hold Haemin before she fell onto the ground; she was shot in her back.

 

The guys’ heads turned instantly, especially Kibeom’s. He sees Haemin back bleeding profusely. It all happened too quickly. What? How? Who? Was what he could think of. He ‘runs’ and carried her in his arms. She was bleeding a lot, and his uniform was stained too. He princess–carried her out of the room and shouts for doctor.

 

God damn it. After we have come so far you give me this . He thought to himself as he desperately calls for a doctor. Don’t take her away from me.