The Game Begins

1000 Year with you

Your POV

 

“Well, it’s Haemin’s turn next. You guys move out of the way,” Su Jin holds my wrist and moved the guys aside.

 

I look at Kibeom and he nodded, “I’m going somewhere else.”

 

“What? Aren’t you going to watch Haemin’s stage?” Jonghyun exclaimed with a bewildered look. Kibeom continued walking and Jonghyun followed after him. Minho stayed with Su Jin at the backstage as he knew some plan must be going on. So he asked Su Jin and knew what was going to happen next.

 

“... Haemin from Class 2SA solo... ‘Heart Attack’!”

 

I went on the stage and stood at the centre after hearing the MC’s announcement and applause of the audience. The stage lightings above me were adjusted to be directed at me. I gave a bow and the music starts. I searched for Kibeom and he was standing right at the back of the auditorium, we smiled when our eyes met.

 

Kibeom POV

 

“Why are we at the back of the auditorium? Haemin look so tiny from here; let’s go back to the backstage ok?” Hyung said grabbing my arm as he tries to pull me back to the backstage.

 

I refused and stood still so Haemin will know I am here, when our eyes met, it was exchanged for as long as it could. “Yah Kim Kibeom!” Jonghyun hyung nudged me.

 

However, hyung seemed to notice after following the direction of my gaze and looking back and fore at Haemin and I. He removed his hands from my arm and folded his arms and had his mouth zipped up.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

As these happen, the plan was still going on. They were still at the staircase. Park Rin stood close to Hyun Dong and slips something into his pocket. Hyun Dong knew what it was; what she wants him to do. “Please...” Park Rin begs as she uses her charms on him, which made Hyun Dong weak in his knees.

 

Hyun Dong proceeds with the plan; he didn’t have much time left before it is over. He walks towards the backstage door of the auditorium. He feels the item in his pocket. His palms have started sweating and he wipes it off on his pants and turns the door knot. He had to act fast. He went to the side of the stage and found the rope the holds the spot lights.

 

He slips his hands into the pocket, taking out the item slowly. He debates with himself if this was the right thing to do, but he had promised to help, and it is for her. He pushes the blade of the penknife on the rope and slits it slowly, heart pounding madly and hands shivering. He had to accomplish this before anyone comes and sees him.

 

Due to the slow slitting of the rope, the lights which were originally shining directly on Haemin were now shaking a little. Minho and Kibeom had noticed it; their expressions turned serious. Minho looked at the origin of the ropes and sees a guy (who is Hyun Dong), doing things to the rope.

 

As Hyun Dong was still cutting the rope, he heard someone calling for the backstage crew and cut off the rope accidentally. Hyun Dong panics even more and left the backstage immediately, forgetting the evidence he left behind at the scene.

 

The audiences’ faces were filled with horror as they sees the spot lights almost dropping onto Haemin. Kibeom too, ran towards the stage and Haemin who have seen Kibeom’s action looked upwards. Haemin’s mind blanked out, knowing she might die from this crash. Luckily, Minho was quick enough to have pulled her away from the tumbling spot lights.

 

Your POV

 

Minho brought me to the backstage and Sujin held the frightened me to the changing room and gave me a cup of iced water to regain my sane. Kibeom and Jonghyun barged into the room, with Jonghyun making a lot of noise after that.

 

Kibeom squats down in front of me, checking that I did not suffer from any injuries from the incident just now. He looked really worried, as if he had lost me. He grips my hand tightly, seemly without any thought of letting me go. Then, he stood up holding my hands pulling me along with him. He took me to the rooftop and his back faced me. He then suddenly pulls me into a suffocating hug and his whole body was trembling.

 

“Kibeom...?”

 

He released the hug and kept his silence. “Did you know how afraid I was just now? The thought of losing you made me lose my cool; you drive me nuts Haemin. Be mine, I will protect you. I will never let such incidents happen again,” he finishes his word and gave me a gentle hug.

 

I nod my head and wrapped my arms around him too, his body was cold. ‘He must have been that scared...’ I blamed myself. “I... I am really sorry Kibeom...”

 

He shook his head as he still has his arms wrapped around my waist and not releasing the hug, he gave me a kiss on the left side of my cheeks.

 

Minho POV

 

I went back to the backstage after Kibeom took Haemin away. To my surprise, I found a familiar looking penknife at the scene. ‘It can’t be... but...’   


 

The next chapter will be up soon.