Chapter 35

He's My Soul

 

short of course~

It was strange to Myungsoo, too, but the only thing he could remember was a few years back when he was around eleven or twelve years old.

                Sungjong had gotten his first paper cut, which was a very big deal because papers weren’t supposed to cut you and it was bleeding too much for him not to die. He would have wretched nightmares every time he went to sleep, dreaming of nothing but wads of sharp pieces of paper going after him and destroying him.

                It was a scary dream for a kid as young as Sungjong, and to have blood involved in it didn’t make it any better.

                Therefore, Myungsoo trained himself to stay awake for an entire week straight (he slept during school, so no worries) and to recognize the familiar sound of his precious little brother crying and killing himself from the other room. It came at random times of the night, but Myungsoo would always run over and comfort the younger boy as much as he possibly could.

                But it was that one fateful night when the Luna was working late for the company because Minho was off for a business trip in China. Myungsoo was up, reading and filing some stock marketing papers for his father when he heard the sound of the door unlocking downstairs.

                At the same time, Sungjong’s cries began to erupt in the room next door. Before Myungsoo could do anything, though, he would have had to turn off all his lights and pretend that he was sleeping because his mother always lectured him that in order to get good grades, he’d have to get a good night’s sleep.

                He liked to think of it as his mom’s way of slightly caring for him, but it still hurt that she never could say it directly.

                With all the lights off, Myungsoo waited for a little while to carefully walk over to Sungjong’s room, but that’s when he realized that someone had gotten there before him.

                He’d managed to stand closer to the door, just listening to his brother’s painful cries, and a distinct woman’s cooing.

                His mother’s. He knew this voice, it was the voice she always used when Sungjong got hurt. Or when Sungjong was crying. Or when Sungjong was sad.

                The voice for Sungjong.

                “It’s okay, baby, go to sleep, it was only a nightmare,” she said gently, and Myungsoo could imagine her slightly Sungjong’s hair.

                There was a bit of mumbling that Myungsoo could determine as Sungjong’s reply, and Luna just laughed in answer.

                “Of course I will, sweetie…”

                The hand holding onto the golden-painted-silver doorknob began to feel sweaty, and Myungsoo let go and backed away a bit. From the outside, he could hear his mom singing.

                His mom sang.

                He knew that she was a singer, he’d known it for a while, but she had to give up her dream after being courted to his father. But she never sang anymore, she was against it.

                …But this was for Sungjong, remember? The special voice for Sungjong.

                Myungsoo didn’t know if his heart was breaking to pieces or if it was beginning to mend together, knowing that his little brother had somebody to comfort him, and his mother had finally found her way back to her dream again.

                Still, what he knew, was that he wanted a voice. Somebody to sing to him. Somebody’s voice that was special to him, like his mother’s with Sungjong.

                “…It’s raining.”

                The shuddering voice flashed Myungsoo back to present day, and he realized that the little trinkets of water landing on his head wasn’t Sungyeol’s tears, but the sky’s.

                He looked up from his hands placed on Sungyeol’s knees, then at the older boy’s smiling face. His black hair was beginning to get tainted from the rainwater, but he was still smiling.

                “It’s raining!” Sungyeol cried out happily, as if he hadn’t been sobbing for his dear life two minutes ago. He sniffled a bit and wiped away the mixture of fallen tears and rain from his cheeks, the only things that left evidence that this happy boy had once been bawling like a baby.

                “…You like rain?” Myungsoo questioned softly, afraid to say anything else. The water kept hitting him, but the sun was still somewhat out, and he was still somewhat warm.

                “I love it. It makes everything so much better, don’t you think?” He looked down at Myungsoo, and the younger boy could see the little traces of red hidden in his eyes. His teeth, however, were still open wide and he was flashing them to the world like it meant nothing.

                More than anything, Myungsoo wanted to cry right now. Trap himself into a little corner and just cry at this perfection set in front of him.

                As if on cue, a little droplet belonging to him and only him fell from his right eye and he cracked a small, tiny little grin.

                “…Yeah, yeah it does,” he answered.

 

“…He doesn’t know?” Sunggyu asked slowly, feeling that little betrayal stab in his heart again.

                “Know what?!” Sungjong demanded pitifully, staring from Woohyun to Sunggyu, then back again.

                Woohyun coughed a bit, then looked over at his boyfriend. They both knew Sunggyu had no intention on reliving the event, so he beckoned for his hyung’s phone (seeing as he threw his phone into the corner of a desk and died a horrific death).

                Sunggyu walked grudgingly over to the kitchen table, leaning over to grab his phone, and handed it to Woohyun.

                “You’re welcome,” the older boy huffed indignantly.

                “Hey, what! Ara said we’d have to destroy our phones anyway, thought it was a good time to break it,” Woohyun retorted.

                “…Our phones…destroyed?” Sungjong quivered, because that was as much as he’d picked up from the conversation. “Who’s Ara? And…and what’s going on here if you have to destroy your phones?!”

                “It’s nothing,” Woohyun answered casually, as if it was a question he was asked of regularly. He kept his eyes on Sunggyu’s phone, which gave him a quick pop-up message that there was only 20% battery left and 6 minutes worth of Data before it shut down.

                Moving furiously, he went to the article about Sunggyu’s…incident, he’d rather call it, and handed the phone to Sungjong.

                “Read it,” he directed, “and do not believe a single thing that writing says.”

“…Then why are you giving it to me –“

                “Just read it,” Woohyun interrupted. “Just read it. It’ll give you a ballpark idea, at the least.”

                When Sungjong’s eyes hit the phone screen, Woohyun’s went over to look at Sunggyu, who had walked back to the counter.

                Without a second that, the younger boyfriend walked over to where Sunggyu was sitting, only to be stopped by a bloodcurdling shriek.

                “You’re supposed to be missing!”

                “Key word, ‘supposed to be’,” Sunggyu said back lazily with his head on the table.

                “But you – I – this is fake, isn’t it?!”

                “Nope, definitely real.”

                “Woohyun!” Sungjong screamed, looking over at the boy. “What is this?!”

                “It’s what you see it as. It’s just…not true.” Woohyun brought his eyebrows together for a few seconds, twisting his stool over to face Sungjong. “I don’t know…you should ask Ara and Lime, probably Fei when they come back.”

                “Who’re they?!” The youngest boy shouted, wanting to cry. His brain was messed up and he couldn’t think straight at all. “And what – wait, wait, stop! Did you just say Fei? As in…Fei Kim?”

                Nonchalantly, Woohyun just nodded.

                “This…this is like an entire Lee Entertainment reunion,” Sungjong said, awed for a split second. “Don’t tell me, you guys are hiding for an enemy company or something like that, right?”

 

“HOYA?!” Dongwoo screamed when he had turned his head around to nothing. “HOYA!”

                There wasn’t a reply, just his voice echoing off the walls, and Dongwoo could’ve sworn that the younger boy had been walking right behind him.

                “What the ,” he hissed, picking up his walking pace to run around the silver hallways. “HOYA –“

                “Oh thank God you’re okay!”

                Dongwoo stopped, staring at the guy that seemed to have magically appeared before him. “…Who…what…who on earth are you?”     

                “Ara’s outside in the car waiting for you, Lime –“ he stopped, realizing that he might’ve been saying too much.

                Lime saw KSO’s car parked outside, he said to himself. “Lime knew something was going to happen. She’s going to look for Hoya.”

                “What – no, Hoya was literally right behind me. Nothing could’ve happened to him!”

                “These people are more witty than you’d take them for,” he quickly explained to Dongwoo. “Look, I just need to get you to Ara’s car, okay? She’s going to drive you back –“

                “No, we need to get Hoya!”

                “Hoya isn’t the priority here!” The stranger screamed. It might’ve been half because he didn’t know the relationship between Hoya and Dongwoo, or it might’ve been the reasoning that he would only listen to Ara’s orders. “They’re only taking Hoya to get to you, you idiot! So if you’re not here, they can’t get to you!”

                Dongwoo felt – no, he knew, that his heart stopped beating for a good minute. “What?”

                The guy’s hands clenched together than out, breathing quickly. “Look, they got Sunggyu, who the do you think they’re going to get next?! Now you better come with me, right now, or I swear I’m going to force you to –“

                “How do I know you’re not one of them, too?” Dongwoo asked, not caring that his voice sounded scared. He backed away a bit, further from where Hoya was taken away, but further from this person, too.

                “I’m not! Just please, you need to come with me before Kwanghee or Siwon or Onew get to me, they already put a restraining order against me, I can’t risk anything else –“

                “Wait, hold, what? You have a restraining order against who?”

                “Nobody!” The stranger snapped, grabbing a hold of Dongwoo’s wrist. “Look, let’s go, okay? Lime will get Hoya, she knows what she’s doing.” 

 

huhuhuhu back to square 1 with Hoya. 

LOL actually no, I've got the rest of this figured out. I had this wonderful epiphany of how to end this story while I was running my mile for school (13 minutes 55 seconds, be proud of me guise). 

If I left you guys with the hint "Hello Kitty", would you be able to figure out who the stranger is? c: that, and I ship him with Ara.

OH AND YOU GUISE I stared Project Hwajong with my Don't Worry es (I told you. you guise are my es). CLICK ON THE HWAJONG TAG AND LOOK AT BOTH THE NORMAL STORIES AND THE M-RATED ONES AND FREAKING READ/SUBSCRIBE TO THEM OKAY. <3 

I LOVE RAIN. both Bi Rain and the weathery kind :3

OH AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND OUT WHEN YOU TRY ORGANIZING THE MYUNGYEOL TAG BY VOTES, THIS STORY'S ON THE LIST. HOW COOL IS THAT. ASDFGHJKL.

don't worry, you guise only have to live with this story for another 5-6 chapters c;

[[c:9]]

oh and yes, the song from the last chapter was Voice Of My Heart :3 props to whoever did figure it out~