Chapter 21

He's My Soul

 

I don't get this at all! If you guys noticed, the way this story is formatted is so freaking stupid ._. the indents are always end up getting uneven when I paste the chapter into the text box and it pisses me off SO DANG MUCH. I'm seriously going to resort to writing the way everybody else on AFF does if this thing continues acting up =.=  (the last few chapters, tried fixing it in this one).

Myungsoo stayed silent, not knowing what to say. “…Me?”

               Sungyeol nodded, his eyes still fixated on Myungsoo’s back. “You.”              

               “But…I hate you.”

               “Yeah, I know. We’ve established that fact a while ago.” Sungyeol pushed himself up so that he was leaning against the backboard.

               “Then why?”

               “Why? Why what?”

               “Why…how do I even make you happy?”

               Sungyeol tried to smile, but he knew it would just make him want to cry even more. “The fact that you’re here. That you are still here.”

               “I can’t really go anywhere even if I wanted to,” Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. “Your sister, Ara, and Lime would strangle me to pieces if I even dared to step a foot outside.”

               “No…you don’t get it.”

               “No, Sungyeol, I don’t. Care to explain?”

               Looking up from his hands to Myungsoo, Sungyeol saw that the younger boy was still sitting in the other direction, the top portion of his body twisted around to face Sungyeol, his left hand supporting him.

               Sungyeol leaned over to grab Myungsoo’s right hand, pulling him to lay on the bed beside him. Still a bit dazed as to how the boy he’d been hating on actually cared for him, Myungsoo obliged and pulled his legs up.

               “You wanna know the truth? The honest, legit, entire truth?” Sungyeol asked, playing with Myungsoo’s hand – which the other didn’t seem to mind, for some reason.

               “…Yeah."

               “It’s because,” Sungyeol started, taking a deep breath and looking over at Myungsoo, “I love you.’

               The hand he had been holding seemed to lose all touch and it went limp. Sungyeol could nearly hear Myungsoo swallow his spit, the gulp echoing around the wooden room.

               “You…love me?” Myungsoo asked, his voice fatigued and going about three pitches higher.

               “Yes, that’s what I said.”

               “But…I hate you.”

               “You know, Myungsoo, most people would be asking why, not telling the other person that they hate them.”

               “But I do. And you know that.”

               Sighing, Sungyeol let go of Myungsoo’s hand (which the younger boy then jerked back incredulously) and sat up, turning to face Myungsoo and sitting criss-cross on the bed.

               “I love you, and no matter how many hate confessions you say to me, nothing’s going to change that fact.”

               “Then why? I haven’t done anything for you – oh.” Myungsoo thought back to the one visit in Sungyeol’s room – his countless amount of bookshelves chocked full of Lee Sungyeol’s albums. The non-valuable-in-every-single-way-possible test recordings. The anti-Lee Sungyeol fans that hated on the infamous artist for the sole reason that he never listened to anything other than his own music. “The singing…”

               Nodding sheepishly, Sungyeol watched as Myungsoo covered his face. “Since I debuted, Myungsoo. Or since I heard your voice.”

               “…You can’t fall in love with somebody because of their singing, Sungyeol.”

               “Well, I just proved that wrong, didn’t I?”

 

“It’s my fault, isn’t it?” Woohyun cried miserably, mourning from his seat on the couch.

               “It’s not, Woohyun. I’ve told you that a million times.” Ara patted his back, attempting to soothe him. Lime had gone into the kitchen to talk to Dongwoo and Hoya, and Fei was inside the room was Sunggyu, making sure the boy didn’t randomly wake up and scream for Woohyun.

               “But I tried out for KSO! I signed the contract! I left them. Don’t you understand, Ara? If I never even got signed onto them in the first place, KSO would be so much more rich. I know how much money they spent on me. All the trainees they had to drop, all the stylists and choreographers. It’s like pulling a kid’s inheritance from him right after his parents died.”

               “Stop beating yourself over this, Woohyun. It’s not your fault. They’re all just idiots, all three of them. They – they’re like Team Rocket. Except causing a lot more harm.”

               Woohyun couldn’t help but laugh a bit at Ara’s analogy – she still remembered how much he loved Pokémon and Ash Ketchum. In fact, he was once Pikachu for Halloween.

               “Wait…Noona…”

               “Yeah, Hyunnie?” Ara asked, relieved that, for the first time in about two hours, Woohyun didn’t say something with “it’s my fault”.

               “Why…why are Myungsoo and Hoya here? And…are Sungyeol and Dongwoo only here for Sunggyu? Can’t they go back home?”

               Ara’s hand immediately left Woohyun’s back, and she stood there, debating with herself for a second. “Woohyun, what do you think KSO’s goal is?”

               “To destroy me?”

               “Then why’d they include Sunggyu?"

               “To destroy me?”

               “They don’t know that you love him, Woohyun.” Ara giggled a bit at Woohyun’s sudden red face. “Think about it. What else do you and Sunggyu have in common?”

               “…I don’t – oh…they want to destroy Lee Entertainment.”

               Slowly, Ara nodded her head. “Meaning…”

               “They want to destroy Lee Sungyeol…and Jang Dongwoo…and Fei.”

               “Bingo.”

               “Then…?”

               “Myungsoo and Hoya? Sungyeol and Dongwoo wouldn’t come here if they weren’t here, that’s why.”

 

“Hey, Noona, did you know that Hoya has stage fright?”

               “YAH!” Hoya screamed, running around the counter to smack Dongwoo’s arm. “SHUT UP!”

               Lime, from across the room, laughed. “Really, Hoya? I didn’t think of you as a stage fright person.”

               Watching as a very furious Hoya tried to hit him, Dongwoo had to belt out in his infamous laugh. Unfortunately (or very fortunate, actually), Hoya backed away from him and stared straight at Lime.

               “Did you hear that?!”

               Her laughing fit halting, Lime’s vision was directed at Dongwoo. She nodded slowly, starting to get a bit creeped out.

               The sound disappeared from Dongwoo’s throat as he looked between Hoya and Lime, pouting. “W-what’s wrong with my laugh?”

               “You could make a fortune off of that laugh,” Lime said, her voice still slow from shock. “Like, a soundtrack for a scary movie or something.”

               “HEY!” Dongwoo screamed, his sad face replaced with a frustrated one. He grabbed onto Hoya’s arm, pulling him closer. “Tell her that my laugh isn’t scary!”

               Eyes wide, Hoya shook his head. “No, hyung…your laugh is scary.”

               “But…but…hey! I can’t control my laugh!”

               “It’s all right, hyung,” Hoya said carefully, attempting to calm Dongwoo down by slapping his back. “She’s just saying…in case you don’t make it…no, like, a part time job. You know. Working as a laugher – okay, never mind, just making it worse here.”

               Dongwoo just glared at him even more, although at the same time almost hugging his side. Lime coughed at the scene, saying, “Is there something going on with you two?”

               Almost immediately, Hoya backed away. “W-what’re you talking about?”

               “You know very well what I’m talking about. You and Dongwoo. There has to be something going on.”

               “Not you too!” Hoya exclaimed, frustrated as he grabbed a water bottle and walked the other way to living room.

               Watching as Hoya’s body walked off, Dongwoo turned to look back at Lime. “What’s wrong with Hoya? Does he not want to be my friend or something?”

               “No,” Lime rolled her eyes. She stood up, walked out of her chair, and went over to Dongwoo. “I think that’s something you have to talk to him about.”

 

“Hey boss,” Siwon said as he disgustedly watched Onew chug down chicken, “did you figure out who the guy was?”

               “Yep. Lee Howon.”

               “Connection he has to the guys?”

               Kwanghee’s laugh was heard over the phone, blaring as always. “You won’t believe this. He goes to Woollim High.”

               “So?” Confused, Siwon bent over to take a sip of water. “Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Woohyun are home schooled, Sunggyu and Fei graduated.”

               “Aren’t you forgetting somebody?”

               “…Right. Kim Myungsoo.”

               “Exactly. I’m presuming that’s his only connection, because otherwise, he isn’t in any way connected to the others. Oh – and speaking of Myungsoo, you know what I found?”

               “What?”

               “As I was looking up Lee Howon’s file, I accidentally…ah, stumbled upon Kim Myungsoo. He’s a very smart boy, I’ll give you that. Seems as if the first prize-winning paper he wrote was in the third grade.”

               “What’s so important about that?” Siwon asked, chewing on a piece of chicken.

               “Don’t be so impatient, Siwon-ah,” Kwanghee chuckled. “Do you happen to know the most perfect way to get to somebody?”

               “No, what?” Even if he did know, Siwon got from experience to always let Kwanghee have his talking time.

               “Their loved ones.”

               “…Nice lesson, Kwanghee. Now tell me why Kim Myungsoo’s ‘prize-winning’ paper is so important.”

             “Oh, let me pull it up for you.” Kwanghee coughed a bit, and started talking again. “The paper is entitled “My Sunshine”. I shall read you the concluding the paragraph.

               “Life has its ups and downs, we all know that. Yet, all of us have our own sunshine, the people, or occasional animal, that always welcomes us into their heart. We would be dead, with zero motivation, if it were not for them. Despite the troubles and hurdles that we have thrown at us, this very special person can just smile, and everything would just magically fall into place. A person that’s just so perfect, so amazing, it can make you cry. With this meaning in mind, that is why my sunshine, the one boy that allows me to pull myself through and survive the day, is my little brother,” Kwanghee paused a bit for emphasis, “Sungjong.”

               Siwon felt a smile creep onto his lips, Onew dropping his current piece of chicken to wonder exactly why.

               “School was foolish enough to have it posted,” the man on the other line informed Siwon.

               “Seems like it could help us a bit. We’ve got a long way to go, but it’s nice to start ahead.” The tall man waved his hand towards the waiter, signaling that they were finished and Onew did not need a 82nd serving. “Tomorrow’s weather seems to be a nice day to…drop by WoollimHigh School.”

               “Wouldn’t it be?”

               Siwon laughed, then hung up, giving Onew a ‘let’s go’ sign. His smile grew wider and wider by the second as he thought about how well their plan had been going so far.

               Sungjong, was it? I’d love to see how Kim Myungsoo’s little brother looks like.

 

WHAT HEY SO INTRODUCED JONGIE('s storyline) IN HERE ;DDDDD yay~♥ so Myungyeol's...kinda...getting on a go? Sorry Sunggyu isn't here :( I tried with YaDong, lol, I couldn't help putting that part in. AND NO ACTUAL JONGIE AND HWAJONG ;_;

The story'll eventually progess more, guise ;_; i'm in my blahhhhhhh mode currently. I'll try making it better next time~!!♥ ^^

[[c:11]]