Chapter 12

He's My Soul

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS :'D lol most of you figured out who the guy was. Chicken, anybody?

Two things: SO SORRY for not updating yesterday like I usually do T.T viet school started (after, like, a two year break =.=; this is my second to last year! Hurrah~) and I'm basically dying. I thought I was supposed to be fluent! Ugh.

OH. AND YOU GUYS. THIS IS A MYUNGYEOL FANFIC I'M COAUTHORED TO (but did not write): Troublemaker (my adorbs little dongsaeng wrote it ^^ KyuWookBiasedStalker CHECK IT OUT. IT'S THE MOST AWESOMEST THING EVER. seriously. It's so awesome.

I'm probably going to update later today, too, because I'm seriously writing a super long A/N and this chapter doesn't really do anything. It's more of a filler chapter. >//< sorry...been writing so much Vietnamese, my English is a complete mess.

Myungsoo held his breath, aimlessly looking at the trees that passed by him. He picked at the dust on the sill, once in a while just closing his eyes.

            Beside him was Hoya, staring straight down at his hands. He continuously questioned himself to why he was here and he managed to get two reasons: One being he refused to let Myungsoo go with the creepy lady by himself and two, Myungsoo made him. And if he didn’t go, his best friend would go all ‘Myungsoo’ on him – and scary Myungsoo was no fun.

            “You guys…” Yoo Ara said from the front seat, turning the air conditioner a notch lower. “Say something.”

            “What can I say?” Myungsoo replied, still plucking and flicking pieces of dust. In all honesty, he was frightened. Somebody – somebody other than Jonghyun – knew about his secret. And this wasn’t counting the woman driving him.

            “Anything.”

            Hoya stayed put, not daring to speak up at all. He didn’t want to make a mistake – the wrong wording, and someone could find out what had happened last night and what Dongwoo had asked him.

            “D-does…” Myungsoo hesitated, not sure if he should complete his question. He side glanced at Hoya, coughed, and decided to stop talking.

            “Does…?” Ara asked.

            “Never mind.” His voice came out quiet, but still audible from the front seat.

            “Just ask.”

            From the rearview mirror, Ara could see Myungsoo steal a glance at Hoya. She sighed, then spoke up again. “Just ask me. Hoya’s keeping secrets from you, too.”

            “Shut up!” Hoya shouted from the back seat, leaning forward to emphasize his point. He couldn’t let anybody know about his meeting with Dongwoo, and he should’ve known to question the woman’s intentions, especially after their strange first meeting.

            Gulping, Myungsoo shifted in his seat and pulled his seatbelt away from his neck. It was choking him, hurting him. Like life was.

            He didn’t care about Hoya keeping secrets from him, honestly. He kept ones from his best friend, too – and his family, and about everybody else he knew.

            “…Does Sungyeol know?”

            Hoya froze, completely forgetting his anger towards Yoo Ara. His gaze was fixated on his best friend, who in turn kept his eyes on Ara.

            Hands tightening on the steering wheel, Ara pulled the car to a stop at a red light and let out a soft breath. “No. But your phone…it’s still there. Sungyeol’s bound to find it sometime.”

            “That’s fine,” Myungsoo said, letting out a sigh of relief. “I put a phone under a different name, and he wouldn’t be able to recognize any info I put in there. He won’t figure it out, I don’t think.”
            “Wait, WHAT?” Hoya grabbed his best friend’s arm, forcing the younger to look him in the eye. “What the freak?! Sungyeol, as in Lee Sungyeol?”

            Myungsoo just pried Hoya’s hand off of him and turned to stare through the window again. “It’s nothing…”

            Hoya could bet on his life that it was Sungyeol – after all, the woman in the front knew who Dongwoo was.

            What he wasn’t sure about, though, was how Myungsoo knew Lee Sungyeol. Did that even matter? It was similar to his situation with Jang Dongwoo…

            “Are we almost there yet?” Hoya finally managed to ask to keep Myungsoo from feeling uncomfortable.

            “Funny you asked, ‘cause we’re here,” Ara told him as she turned off the car engine and stopped in front of a wooden cabin.

 

“Noona…”

            “What?!” Fei snapped, her eyes on the road.

            Woohyun didn’t want to answer the question, his seat belt just being gripped in his hand. Fei was scary. Really, really scary.

            “If you’re going to say something, at least finish it!”

            He still didn’t dare to say a word, just calmly gulping up every happy feeling he had into a little ball and scoot the furthest he could away from Fei.

            “…Woohyun –“

            “Alright! Where’re we going?”

            “You idiot, I thought I already told you!” Fei groaned, honking some poor guy that was walking into a donut shop. “My house! Gawd, when did you get so – DUDE LET ME GO. I HAVE PRIORITY OVER YOU – NO. NO. DON’T YOU DARE DRIVE YOUR CAR – OH NO YOU DIDN’T. OH NO YOU DIDN’T –“

            “Noona!”

            Fei snapped her head over to Woohyun, her eyes in slits. “What?!”

            “Calm down…”

            “What’re you talking about, I’m –“ Fei stopped as she heard her phone ring. With one swift movement, she pulled in her Bluetooth and said, “Hello?”

            “Unnie!”
            Fei’s eyes widened, recognizing Lime’s voice. “What is it? What happened?”

            “I –“ pause “went to check on – “ pause “Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu like you asked. Sungyeol was in his room. Dongwoo was sleeping, but…”

            “But?! WHAT?!” Fei shouted, making Woohyun really, really want to open the door and just run out. Besides, who was she even talking to on the phone?

            “He’s not there. His dorm room door is wide open, his stuff is still there, there’s no sign of him. At all.”

            Lime’s breathing quickened as Fei’s slowed down. Sunggyu…was that KSO’s first target?

            She tried to calm down, telling herself that at least Woohyun, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Myungsoo, and Howon were safe. “Get Sungyeol and Dongwoo. Bring them to the cabin with Myungsoo and Howon and Ara. I’m with Woohyun…we’ll get Sunggyu.”

            Woohyun stopped freaking out as he heard the two names that nearly broke his heart: Ara and Sunggyu. Ara…as in his noona? And Sunggyu…as in his hyung?

            “Noona –“

            “I get it, you’re confused,” Fei interrupted, trying to say all she could before her voice got caught in and she started crying, “but I don’t have time for questions. We have other things to do.”

 

“Perfect.”
            “Is it?” Onew yawned, full from his chicken. “Yeah. We’re pretty awesome.”

            “You didn’t do anything,” Siwon sneered. “All you did was get some stupid stuff into his arm.”

            “It’s still doing something!” the younger whined, pushing himself further onto the bed. “You’re just mean.”

            “Calm down, you guys,” Kwanghee cooed from the computer. “It doesn’t matter…in the span of a few hours…Kim Sunggyu’s career will be over.”

            Siwon and Onew looked at each other, then the floor, where a drugged Sunggyu lay. He looked peaceful though, like he was sleeping. But if anybody found him and dared to take a drugs test on him, he’d be higher than the Empire State Building.

            “How about Lee Sungyeol?” Siwon questioned as he watched Kwanghee walk from his desk to Sunggyu. “There’s the other boy, too – Myungsoo? What do we do with that information?”

            “Oh, don’t be too impatient kids,” Kwanghee giggled. He took a syringe from his left shirt pocket, injecting it, without bothering to sterilize the needle, into Sunggyu’s left arm. “We’ve still got Jang Dongwoo, Kim Fei, and possibly Nam Woohyun to deal with. We’ll save the best for last, ne?”

            “It is the best,” Onew noted aloud, “because it’s actually true.”

            That was what made it all worthwhile for them, that’s why everything would be perfect when they crushed Lee Sungyeol. They’d build up every hope of Lee Entertainment, crashing down all of their artists besides the top one.

            Then at the end…they’ll drop the worst news of it all. The news that was as real as Kwanghee himself.

            Lee Sungyeol…was nothing but a fake.

 

KSO...Kwanghee, Siwon, and Onew anybody? I seriously didn't do much justice for ya'll in this chapter. ;_; I promise to do better...I'm so so so so sorry!!

LOL AND KSO HAVE THEIR OWN LITTLE THEME SONG AND IT'S PRETTY CHILL. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD WRITE IT IN THE STORY, OR LET THEM HAVE THEIR OWN LITTLE CHAPTER. LOL [you know who you are~<3] helped me make it up. OTL. well...thank you to you guys for still sticking with me~! *smiles goofly at screen* muahahahahah. ^^