Chapter 31

He's My Soul

 

two things about this chapter: it's pretty short and it's purely YaDong because for one thing I CAN and for another IT'S DONGWOO'S BIRTHDAY OKAY. I'll rant in the bottom a/r like I always do ^^

I'll update tomorrow, no worries ^^

Dongwoo swallowed nervously, tapping his thumbs against his phone as he glanced at the clock. It had been four minutes since Lime had called him, meaning it had taken Fei at least four minutes to get here.

                And that honestly didn’t sound like Fei, she’d run every single red light and run over as many pedestrians as she wanted without caring that she started a scandal, as long as she reached Dongwoo on time.

                Even though, he kept shaking his head to force the tears to go away, telling himself over and over again that nothing bad could’ve happened to Hoya, nothing bad could ever, because Hoya had promised him that he’d make it through for today.

                Then what had happened now?

                He honestly just wanted to throw everything away, crawl into a corner, and die. No, not die, because he’d promised Hoya that he wouldn’t right after the latter had promised first.

               

“No…”

                “Yes,” Lime swallowed. “They locked him in a room with something weird in it and he fell unconscious. So please…just get Dongwoo…”

                Fei bit her lips, her shaking hand going towards the phone to turn it off. She heard a click from her Bluetooth and rendered that it’d turned off on its own.

                Her pointed, painted nails were drilling into her palms around the steering wheel, clutching it as if it were her life. She still didn’t understand, she couldn’t grasp the understanding, of why KSO were such s.

                As Fei pulled up on the driveway to the cabin, she felt herself automatically pull for her cell phone and dial for Dongwoo.

                The boy came running out before he even answered the phone, throwing open the front seat door and jumping in. He buckled his seat belt and threw his phone into the cup holder, saying, “Let’s go.”

                She looked over him once again, waiting to see if anything had happened. He just stared back at her before shaking his head, handing her a napkin.

                “You should stop crying,” Dongwoo advised, his voice still soft and silky. “You need your eyes to be clear for you to be able to drive, right?”

                Fei just took the tissue, her nails ripping through it, too. “Lime told me…I’m so sorry, Dongwoo.”

                “You shouldn’t be, it isn’t your fault.” He laughed despite the wretched feelings starting to just destroy his body. He just wanted to get out of the car, stand behind it, and wait for Fei to run him over.

                “Dongwoo…”

                “Please, can you just drive there?” His voice came out stricter than he’d wanted it to, but Fei understood him and nodded, starting the car once again.

                The car seemed to roar to life, and the road seemed just the slightest bit bumpier for Dongwoo than the last ride was. He kept swallowing again, and again, and again, forcing the goddamn tears not to come crashing out.

                “Did he…” Dongwoo stopped, trying to figure out something to say. “What happened to him?”

                Hesitating for a second, Fei ran a red light and said, “You’ll find out when we get there.”

 

Lime wanted to cry. That was all there was to it, she wanted to cry.

                There wasn’t anywhere else they could be besides in front of the very room Hoya had been trapped in. There was no point in driving off because they couldn’t get the medicine anyways. Hoya, their one and only anonymous person, was lying here half-dead.

                She wanted to go back to the cabin, but Ara persuaded her for them to stay here and wait for Fei to come with Dongwoo, also to guard that Siwon and Gyuri didn’t randomly wake up and manage to burst out of the intoxicated room.

                “Why…remind me again why Dongwoo’s coming,” Lime asked, patting Hoya’s head of hair that lay in her lap.

                “Just in case the Sunggyu case happens again.” Ara had her arm over her eyes, covering them from any incoming sunlight. She was seated to the left of Lime, her legs brought up to her chest.

                “Do you think it was a good idea to call Dongwoo, though?”

                “Not at all. But he’s the only person that Hoya would let calm him down…” Ara took her arm off, shifting her eyes towards the body laying in Lime’s lap. “Besides, he’s probably the only one Hoya would let see him so weak.”

                “You think?”

                “I know,” Ara corrected, moving a bit so that her legs were facing Hoya’s head. “You heard what happened this morning, didn’t you?”

                Lime just nodded, running her fingers through the boy’s hair. “…He’ll be fine, if Dongwoo has anything to do with it.”

                They two of them leaned back against the wall, waiting in silence.

                “HOYA!”
                The first person to stand up was Ara (because Lime couldn’t exactly do that without making Hoya crash onto the floor), running over as fast as she could to Fei and Dongwoo.

                Fei pulled her over to talk while Dongwoo just jogged towards Hoya, falling down at the exact level he was on.        

                “Hoya…” He looked up at Lime, and the older woman could feel Dongwoo’s eyes piercing into her. “What happened to him?”

                “They did the same thing to Hoya that they did to Sunggyu,” Lime gulped. “Except with fumes instead of injections.”

                Dongwoo felt his hit against the floor, pulling his arms around his head. “Why?! He didn’t have anything to do with this!”

                “You don’t even know who they’re aiming at, Dongwoo,” Lime tenderly told him, patting his shoulder.

                “I know that it’s me,” he sniffled. When he looked up, she could see that his eyes were pure red just from crying in that little span of a minute. “They went for Sunggyu. They’re probably going for Sungyeol or me next, or even Fei. Why else would you have brought all of us to the damn little house in the prairie?!”

                Lime felt the right hand on Hoya’s stomach clench together, her own heart hurting for Dongwoo. He was guessing and guessing and getting it right, though he still couldn’t figure it out. “I’m sorry, Dongwoo…for your day turning out like crap.”

                Dongwoo just shook his head as if he were dismissing the fact. “Could you just…tell me who did it?”

                She shook her head, feeling her eyes burn with hate. Somehow, Lime knew that everything would be put to blame on Woohyun no matter which way she tried to say it, and having them all blame each other wasn’t what she was hoping would happen.

                “Just…pray that Hoya will wake up. When Fei’s done talking with Ara, we’ll drive back.” Lime let out a shaky breath, staring from the conscious boy to the unconscious one. “It must , you know, having your first date with the guy in a bed sick.”

                “No, it wouldn’t,” Dongwoo shook his head, the first tear dripping down his face. He reached out to have the first touch of Hoya and, feeling how cold the latter’s hands were, let go immediately. “Just as long as he’s awake.”

 

I was gonna make the entire thing Dongwoo's birthday but that seemed stupid because it'd be his birthday for at least five chapters already. and then his two best friends forgot his birthday. THAT JUST DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT.

so instead I made it his first date with Hoya >:DDDDDDD woohoo~

omfg omfg omfg rant about Dongwoo okay.

SLKJANCJKSHFSKD HOLY FREAKING CRAP SO THIS AWESOME PERSON I JUST CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW. When I got into Infinite, he was one of the guys I took more notice of because of (get this) his hair. I think it was blond when I saw him, I'm not too sure, but yes. Then there was this one point in my life where I didn't even know half of the members but I seriously got INFATUATED with Dongwoo, like I was obsessed with him, I'm not even kidding. I'd spend hours just looking at pictures of him, he'd half 2/3 of the wallpapers on my phone, I don't even know what happened! He literally took over my life for a while. The obsession ended just as quick as it'd started but, I'm not kidding you, I was OBSESSED WITH HIM. WHY. BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT OKAY. He's so amazing, and honestly, no matter how much I made fun of his laugh in this fic I love it so much. I still remember a little while back when my sister did something to my mom and they got pissed at each other and Nhi started crying, I just showed her that one video of when Woohyun was imitating Dongwoo laughing at Weekly Idol, and she started laughing, too. I'm not kidding, Dongwoo has that effect on people. He just makes everything more perfect. And honestly, his singing voice, I love it so much ;____; I don't know why, but I think that he's a better singer than a rapper DON'T KILL ME THAT'S JUST MY OPINION OKAY. He's an amazing rapper, so that just shows you how beautiful of a singer he is to me.

Holy crap that was long. I actually wrote more LOL but I had to erase it. argh. eff. 

if you're wondering how I ever got into YaDong...long story short they were the first couple I ever read a fanfic about. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OKAY AN ACCIDENT. but yes, it's true. they live up to their name, okay? no really honestly THAT'S HOW I STARTED SHIPPING THEM. 

well have a great day guise ^^ HAPPY THANKSGIVING~ AND I'M SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG.<333 I'll see you tomorrow? yes<3

[[c:10]]