Chapter 22

He's My Soul

 

WHAT UPDATEEEEEE. if none of you guys read the little story message thing lol I'll just say it here c: I PUT A PIC UP. YOU GET IT. HOW MYUNGSOO'S BEHIND SUNGYEOL. YA GET IT. YA GET ITTTTTT?♥ ;DD

ohwells so this chapter wasn't thought out too well. I was pretty much half dead when I wrote it (still pretty much am lol) so...yesh. 

Myungsoo quietly tapped his lips, staring into the black nothingness before him. He shifted a little in the bed, trying to look under the crease of the door without waking Sungyeol up.

               The lights outside were off too, meaning that it was late enough for Yoo Ara and Lime to have gone asleep, along with Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya, and Dongwoo. Fei should’ve gone home by now.

               A few minutes after Sungyeol had said “never mind, let’s just go to bed” to him, Myungsoo had stayed awake to hear the discussing outside; Lime would sleep on the couch in the living room (there was some muttering about “keeping guard”). Woohyun would sleep with Sunggyu, and Ara in the same room, just on the couch. Hoya and Dongwoo were to have the third room to themselves, and Myungsoo just smirked, thinking about what they would do together.

               “You’re still up?” a sleepy voice from the side whispered.

               Instinctively (he’d gotten it from sleeping on the same bed with Sungjong when his little brother had nightmares), Myungsoo turned to his side to face Sungyeol. “Yeah…go to sleep.”

               “Why don’t you go to sleep?” Sungyeol asked quietly, pulling up the sheets that he’d kicked off while he was in his dreamland daze.

               Myungsoo stared above Sungyeol to the night light, where there clothes were neatly folded. Before Fei had left, she’d given them a pair of pajamas to change into. Sungyeol had done all this, and took a shower, without uttering a word besides “good night” to Myungsoo.

               “I’m…not tired,” he said from his throat.

               “If you’re thinking about what I told you before, forget it.” Myungsoo could literally hear Sungyeol wake up by the way he talked. “Just…forget I said anything and go to sleep.”

               “I already told you…I’m just not tired.”

               Sungyeol yawned, covering his mouth with his right hand. He grabbed the other side of the hospital sheets and pulled them over Myungsoo, saying, “Just sleep.”

               Myungsoo laid dumbfounded as he watched Sungyeol turn the other way and fall fast asleep. He grabbed the top of the blanket with his fingers, feeling the warmth that he was now under.

               He thought about turning back around and going to sleep, like Sungyeol had directed him to, but he just shook his head at the thought. Scooting closer to Sungyeol, Myungsoo felt his breath and made sure that the older boy was completely asleep before pulling the blankets off of himself.

               He grabbed his cell phone from the bedstand next to him and quietly walked to the door, just staring at the ground beneath him.

               Before he could peacefully fall asleep beside Sungyeol, both metaphorically and realistically, there was something that he had to do.

 

“THIS IS MY SIDE!”

               “NO IT’S NOT!” Hoya screamed back, kicking Dongwoo away. “STOP GOING ONTO MY SIDE!”

               “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You’re taking up, like, all of the bed! GOSH YOU FATTIE!”

               Hoya gasped, pulling the blankets away. “WELL I DON’T LIKE YOU EITHER! You’re the one jacking all my space!”

               “Gimme back the blankets!” Dongwoo whined, shuffling himself over to Hoya’s side. “It’s cold!”

               “SEE! YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY SIDE!” Hoya protected his blankets, grabbing onto them. “Gosh! Just let me sleep!”

               “WHAT?! You’re the one that’s coming over to –“

               “You guys better shut up before I get two baseball bats and jam them down your throats.”

               Nervously, Dongwoo turned his head to the direction of the now open door, a glaring Ara right in front of it.

               “But he’s stealing my blankets! And my space!” Hoya complained, pointing at Dongwoo. The older boy just stared miraculously at him, wondering how the hard-gone Hoya had gotten to whiny.

               “I know!” Ara nearly screamed. “I can hear you guys from my room!”

               Stomping over the them, she threw off the covers and forced Hoya to lay down . She somehow managed (living with a oversleeping Woohyun, she kinda knew how to deal with guys like this) to push Dongwoo up to face Hoya, tossed the covers back on them, and screamed, “SLEEP!”

               And with a slam of the door, Dongwoo found himself face to face, in the dark, with Hoya.

               “What…do we do now?” he whispered, as if scared that Ara would pop out and kill them if he’d spoken any louder.

               “I don’t know…sleep?” Hoya suggested. He himself could hear the fright in his voice, not to mention Dongwoo.

               “I’m not gonna hurt you, you know.”

               “WHAT’RE YOU TALKING ABOUT –“ he stopped midsentence, eyes glancing towards the door. “Just…sleep.”

               “Like this?”

               “YES. Just…sleep.”

               Hoya, forcing himself breathe normally, closed his eyes and tried to forget that there was a dude (and frankly, a pretty hot one at it) about half a centimeter away from him.

 

“Myungsoo? Where’re you going?”

               Stopping in his tracks, Myungsoo inwardly cussed himself. Somehow, he had a habit of waking people up from their sleep.

               “I’m just…gonna go outside,” he murmured, turning around to face Lime.

               “Why? You’re not sleeping?” She stood up and yawned, grabbing Myungsoo’s arm and leading him over to sit on the couch. “Fei said that you guys had gone to bed before she left.”

               He shrugged, fiddling with his phone between his fingers.

               Lime’s eyes shifted from Myungsoo’s face to his hand…the phone. “…Did Sungyeol do something?”

               At the mention of Sungyeol’s name, Myungsoo lifted his head up immediately. “What? Sungyeol? N-no…”

               It was clearly obvious that he was lying, but Lime didn’t know what to do either way. “There has to be a reason that you don’t want to sleep in the same bed as him, right?”

               Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed, and he pursed his lips. “I don’t like him.”  

               “…And what exactly does that have to do with anything?”

               As his featured seemed to soften, Myungsoo answered, “He said…he told me that he loved me.”

               Lime wasn’t sure whether to be proud of Sungyeol or worried for the sleeping boy. “He did? And here I was, thinking that Woohyun would confess before him…guy’s got some nerves.”

               “Yeah, but I don’t know what to do!” Myungsoo confessed. “I was…I was gonna call my little brother. He usually knows what to do –“

               “Wait – little brother?”

               A bit weirded out, Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah…Sungjong…my little brother.”

               “Let me get this straight: you have a little brother?” Lime asked, completely awake now.

               “Yeah, I just told you. My little – wait. What’s going on?”

               Standing up, Lime grabbed her phone from her pajama pockets. She dialed somebody’s number, biting her shirt sleeve at the same time. When nobody answered, she just swore a bit and tried again.

               “Wait – what’s going on?!”

               Breathing a bit, Lime turned to Myungsoo. “Ara told you, right? About the guys that know about you and Sungyeol.”

               Thinking back to the day Ara had taken him and Hoya from school, which was only yesterday, Myungsoo nodded. “Yeah. Why? What does this have to do with my brother?!”

               “They have sick, sick twisted minds. You saw Sunggyu, right? They did that to him. They put him in that pain. Think about it, if they managed to find out that Lee Sungyeol was lip-synching to your voice, figuring out who your little brother was would be a piece of cake for them!”

               “But that’s me! Why would they drag Sungjong into –“

               “Because they’re messed up! They’re going to use every single way possible to get to you, and using your brother is perfect, isn’t it?”

               “D – do you think they’ve found out about it yet, then? About Sungjong?” Myungsoo swallowed, a large lump beginning to form in his throat and pushing its way into his heart.

               “I don’t know, that’s the point! They work fast, Myungsoo. Very, very fast. I’m going to get Ara, we’re going to try to collect Sungjong and bring him here –“

               “NO!” Myungsoo shouted, shaking his head rapidly. “You can’t bring him here! Then he’s going to meet Sungyeol, and then he’s gonna find out what I’ve been doing for the past years –“

               “Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Sunggyu don’t even know!” Lime countered, grabbing her cell phone. “Your little brother doesn’t need to find out.”

               “Then how am I going to manage to explain all this to him?! That he’s just going to stay in this house with a bunch of famous people?!”

               “ARA!” Lime screamed, not caring if she woke anybody up. She glared back at Myungsoo, saying, “Would you rather put yourself in an awkward position or have your brother be used as a tool to play with you? And dammit, we better get to him before those heads do. ARA, WAKE UP!”

               Stumbling in from the hallway that connected her room to Hoya and Dongwoo’s, Ara came in. “What happened?”

               “God dammit, just follow me!” Lime screeched, opening the door. “Call Fei, and I’ll get the car started.”

               Watching Lime leave, Ara turned to Myungsoo. “What’s going on?”

               “My…my little brother,” he replied in the quietest voice he had.

               “What about your – oh…my God…” Biting her lip, Ara took her phone from her pocket (Myungsoo kept a notion in his head that they probably slept with the things in their pockets). “Stay here, make sure Sunggyu doesn’t freak, medicine’s in the cabinet, don’t let anybody come in. Do you hear me?”

               After making sure that Myungsoo nodded clearly, Ara ran out the door to Lime. Myungsoo staggered behind her, closing the door and making sure to lock both of the locks.

               When he turned around, he saw a shivering Sungyeol standing before him. “Myungsoo…what happened?”

               Myungsoo wanted to scream, to tell Sungyeol that this was all his fault, that if he wasn’t Sungyeol’s voice, none of this would have happened, that Sungjong would be fine, that he would be fine, but…he couldn’t. He just stared straight before him, as if he was staring at a ghost.

               “Oh my God, Myungsoo…are you crying?” Sungyeol took a step closer, holding onto the shorter boy’s shoulders. “Are you okay? Where…where did Lime and Ara go?”

               Myungsoo just shook his head, refusing to answer the question. His hands were clenched into unsure fists, scared to utter even the slightest word.

               “I’m…I’m sure everything will be okay,” Sungyeol swallowed, feeling nauseous at the sight of a weak Myungsoo. He pulled him closer, forcing Myungsoo’s head onto his shoulder. “Nothing’s gonna happen…I hope.”

               Myungsoo felt himself hiccup, and then the familiar feeling of warm hands on his back. “S-Sungjong…he’s in trouble.”

               “Trouble?” Sungyeol asked, softly and carefully as if he was speaking to a little child.

               “Because of me…a-and you.”

               Sungyeol allowed himself to swallow another wad of spit that was starting to form in his mouth, then tried to speak again. “Ara and Lime will get him…”

               “But w-what if they don’t? What if –“

               “Don’t think of the worst, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol felt his grasp around Myungsoo’s waist subconsciously grow tighter. “They’ll bring him here. And don’t worry, I’ll give him a bunch of signed albums just to make up for him.”

               When he heard Myungsoo’s mix hiccup-chuckle, Sungyeol smiled and let go. “Let’s go to sleep, okay? I’m sure Sungjong will be here when we wake up.”

               He didn’t know what made him trust Sungyeol so much all of a sudden, but Myungsoo let himself be led to the bedroom by the one guy that loved him, but he somehow still hated to death. Or maybe not so much anymore.

 

“Oh good Lord…no…” Woohyun covered his mouth as he scrolled down on his phone, looking at the news page.

               His eyes went from the blinding source of light to the laying body on his bed, then at the empty couch which Ara had just run out of. He lifted himself up to lay next to Sunggyu, gulping.

               The top news, no matter how late at night it was at the time, was Sunggyu’s drug scandal. There were pictures, and a lot of them at it. Horrid ones, at every degree and angle that made Woohyun want to just throw up.

               He forced himself to scroll down to the comments – Sungyeol and Sunggyu’s fandoms had been voted as two of the strongest ones. They had to be supporting Sunggyu at the worst time of his career, right?

               Wrong.

               The way KSO managed to stage everything, the pictures they took, the way they worded everything, and even the location made this seem like the most believable story yet.

              

ABC: I’ve been supporting Sunggyu since debut, and I’m sorry, but I just can’t anymore. This isn’t even like Seungri’s scandal anymore, this is pure reality. Nobody can look this much like Sunggyu and not be Sunggyu. And the company hasn’t even released a statement…why do I have a feeling that Sunggyu turned out to be like all the other ty American artists…too much money, and they don’t know what to do with it. Let’s just hope that Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Woohyun don’t turn out like him.

 

DEF: I wonder what’s going to happen to WS after this lol…

               GHI (in reply to DEF): yeah, Woohyun seems like a good kid…keke we just have to wait and see.

 

               He couldn’t stand to see the rest of it, the rage just got to him. Woohyun threw his phone across the room, breathing with every crack and shatter that was echoed from the toss. 

 

WHAT SO LIKE YADONG MIGHT AS WELL BE KNOWN AS THE COMIC RELIF :3 or idk. eventually bahahaha.

ayt.

so basically, I've managed to figure out who's gonna get attacked next after our Gyugeegee. c: woohoo~ gimme all your predictions ;33

more stuff'll happen, dunt worry, I just wanted to write that YaDong bed scene desperately. I keep reading fics where they're lying comfortably on a bed, and I'm like BAHAHHAHA yeah you've never slept with another person then. I mean...you can...but...us weird peoples, we don't do "comfortable sleeping". we kick each other. hard. (unless you're like awkward Myungyeol, then you sleep with your backs to each other)

keke ^^ please tell me if anything's confusing, I'd gladly explain it to you!~ thanks for sticking with my story anyways XDDD ♥

gosh writing too many a/r's. [;DDDDDDD] 

[[c:12]] <--OMO IT'S A RECORD *O* (well...from when I started counting lol)