Chapter 27

He's My Soul

 

this is super late and I'm pissed off af because I had to retype this damn thing like four times ;~; i hate using my sister's laptop. really.really.really.really hate it. and that adds to the fact that it's literally freezing over here right now. it's ca. it's supposed to be SUNNY. no, no, no, instead, let's freeze the place up. my hands are like dying right now guise D;

HOLY CRUD AND HEY GUISE CHECK OUT THIS TOTALLY AWESHUM WOOGYU/INFINITE FANFIC I'M CO-WRITING WITH MY UNNIE inspirit-kay ~ Orphan Hut ^^

Dongwoo looked around the living room because somehow, Woohyun and Sunggyu had disappeared. He knew they were there a minute ago, he just didn’t know where they were.

            He sighed, ignoring the fact to look at his phone again. Ara had told him that she’d call in at least 45 minutes – it’d been an hour and there was nothing. He considered waiting for a few more minutes, but then anything could’ve happened in that small span of time.

            Or at least Hoya would’ve called him, he knew that.

            Dongwoo’s palms were starting to get sweaty, something that never happened unless he was just about to go on stage or about to shoot a music video. He was nervous, nervous beyond normal-people nervousness. Though ‘normal-people’ was, frankly, never a scale Dongwoo was on.

            Subconsciously, he hit the green call button that signaled his previous calls. The ones that appeared on his screen before he could scroll down was all sent calls to Ara, Lime, or Hoya.

            None of them had picked up.

            Biting his lip, Dongwoo didn’t know why he was so nervous. There was yesterday when Lime had dragged Hoya to buy the medicine, he was fine with that. Or maybe it was because he’d been too hectic dealing with Sunggyu, but otherwise, he was fine with it.

            Now there was this moment, and he honestly had zero idea of what to do. His brain was completely empty but his discomfort just pounced up about a gajillion kilometers.

            He stared at his phone screen again, as if forcing it to glow with an incoming call. Four minutes later of just glaring at it, nothing happened. Not like he’d expected it to.

            Hoya was with Ara and Lime, he didn’t have to worry. They were very well trained people…right? No?

            His uneasiness seemed to gradually keep growing, the screaming from Sungyeol’s room and cries from Sunggyu’s being blocked out completely. He never felt so alone, especially not when there were five other people in the house.

            It wasn’t alone, no, that wasn’t the right way to describe this feeling. He was scared, but he just couldn’t figure out why, so he blamed it on his lonely feelings.

            Dongwoo was close, this close to walking outside and just getting ready to run all around this freaking country just to find Hoya and beg for him to tell him if he was okay, but he was smart.

            Unlike half a million other people in this world, he replayed Fei’s constant nagging and messaging in his mind.

            Don’t go outside. Whatever you do, do not go outside.

            What was so bad about going outside? There couldn’t be anything –

            Dongwoo’s hands fumbled around as the familiar ringtone of his title song rang through. Without looking, he picked it up and whispered, “Hello?”

            “Dongwoo?”

            Fei. “What’s going on? Is everything –“

            “You’re inside the house, right?” Her voice was steady, though too steady. Something was going on, he just knew it.

            “Yeah. Why? What happened –“

            “Nothing, just do me a favor, Dongwoo. You’re not next to any windows, right?”

            “…No.”

            “Good. Just go sneak a peek out of one of them, do you see anything?”

            Slowly lifting the phone away from his ear, Dongwoo tippy-toed over to the large window beside the front door. It was blank, with just a dirt road and grass fields like there always were. “Nothing out of the usual.”

            A sigh of relief. “Thank God…now go turn around, look at the coffee table. Is there anything underneath it?”

            Just as quietly as he’d come to the window, Dongwoo turned around to look at the table. “There’s black construction paper, if that’s what you mean.”

            “I knew I should’ve bought something else,” Fei muttered, cursing herself out a bit. “Black construction paper is too obvious…hey, actually, look in the kitchen.”

            Not sure why she was asking and not even bothering to question her as to what she was doing, Dongwoo walked into the kitchen. Once again, nothing out of the usual.

            “Yeah?”

            “There’s a tablecloth on the table, right?”

            “…Yeah.”

            “What does it look like?”

            “Blue. Purple flowers. Why?”

            “That can pass for drapes, right?” Fei asked, more to herself than Dongwoo. “Alright, take that, there’s duct tape and scissors in the room Sungyeol and Myungsoo were sleeping in. Get it and cut the table cloth and cover every single window in the cabin, you hear me?”

            “Yeah –“ but before he could ask her anything else, she hung up.

            Dongwoo, sighing, stuffed the phone back into his pocket and reached for the tablecloth when he realized something.

            The supplies were in Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s room.

            He wasn’t allowed in Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s room.

            …Well yay.

 

Sunggyu’s eyes seemed to shine as he stared out the window, the only source of light for their room. Woohyun was still on his bed sleeping, proclaiming that the amount of rest he had last night was a very low minimum.

            He thought about a few days back, even though it was only a few, that Woohyun was just there begging him to cooperate so that they could be the best new duo group out there. Beat everybody, and more important, together.

            Staring at his hands, Sunggyu shook his head and looked back out the window. The sun was bright outside, but for some reason, everything just felt so cold. His feet were freezing, his hands were, and he could feel his cheeks start to lose heat.

            But, what somehow scared him even more, was not himself but Woohyun. Sunggyu could throw himself in a firepit and not give a crap, but looking at Woohyun just pained his heart in the stupidest way.

            The younger was pale, paler than he was supposed to be. Sunggyu had noticed it on Dongwoo too, and Sungyeol probably was if they’d been able to see each other. The tears that Sunggyu hadn’t gotten enough time to wipe away now stood clear, staining Woohyun’s cheeks horribly. His hair was a disheveled mess and he looked like he’d just walked out of a dump.

            “Probably did,” Sunggyu whispered slowly, though he didn’t know why.

            Just that little phrase made Woohyun stir awake, his crying, red eyes being replaced by dazed, sleepy ones. “…You’re not sleeping?”

            Sunggyu just nodded, lowering himself on the bed so that only the upper part of his body stood out. “I’m not tired.”

            The depression in his answer just tore through Woohyun’s heart in a way that nothing had ever before. “We’ll figure out what happened, hyung. We’ll…we’ll get them.”

            “That’s not possible, Woohyun,” Sunggyu answered in a stern way that said “we’re not talking about this anymore”.

            “It is,” Woohyun pressured, still fighting himself to stay awake. “Don’t let stupid things like this bring you down.”

            Sunggyu was just thankful that Woohyun wasn’t blaming himself anymore, but it still felt somewhat…weird. “I guess I wasn’t fit to be an idol the whole way.”

            “You are –“

            “Go to sleep, okay?”

            “Sunggyu –“

            “Woohyun.” Sunggyu’s voice was so, so close to breaking, but he maintained a steady pace. “Just…go to sleep.”

            Shutting his eyes as tight as he could, Woohyun nodded and pulled on Sunggyu’s shirt. “Sleep.”

            Sunggyu sighed, pushing his body down into the blankets and Woohyun’s tight hold.

 

“Which way?”

            “Depends on who took him, if anybody did,” Ara muttered back. “If somebody did take him, yes, it depends on who they are. Kwanghee would kill him, Onew would make him his slave to go and buy chicken, and Siwon would probably lock him up in some room.”

            “But Hoya knows not to follow any of them…”

            “There isn’t anybody else, then.”

            “Unless they hired – but no, they don’t have enough money.” Lime shook her head again, signaling Ara to turn off the flashlight. “Give me your phone again.”

            Ara knew very well what Lime would do with her phone, so she didn’t question anything and just handed the phone to her.

            “He called sixteen minutes ago…but why? He wouldn’t call unless something bad happened, right? And then again, why the freak would they take Hoya?”

            “I don’t even know if it has anything to do with us. They could’ve, like, found him trespassing and decided to –“

            “They don’t have enough many to press charges against him!” Lime cried, wondering how many times she would have to stress to Ara that KSO was broke as .

            “Then frankly, I can’t figure out any other idea, alright?!” Ara was frustrated to the point she wanted to double over and just cry. “Everything’s crashing, Sunggyu’s career is destroyed, Hoya’s gone…what else is going to happen?!”

            “We can whine after we know for a fact he’s gone.” Grabbing the flashlight from her unnie’s hand, Lime flicked it on and forced the light on the walkway before her. “The only connection he has is with Dongwoo, and what are they going to do? Blackmail Dongwoo?”

            “He’d do anything for Hoya, you know that,” Ara shook her head. “Same thing with Woohyun and Sunggyu. And Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Really, I don’t understand teenage love. It’s like smack, they fall in love right away with all these random people –“

            “It’s a special person, Ara,” Lime rolled her eyes. “Dongwoo just doesn’t protect ‘anybody’. Woohyun doesn’t either, and same goes for Sungyeol. Remember, too? What Dongwoo asked of Hoya?”

            “Oh, to ‘help him train’?” Nothing, no matter what the boys thought, could be kept from Yoo Ara, Lime, and Fei. “It’s a long stretch to just asking to be his partner.”

            “I get that…but do you think Hoya realizes it?” They kept walking, knowing that there wasn’t anything better to talk about than what was in store for the two teens, if one of them wasn’t dead yet.

            “He has stage fright, we both know that.”

            “But he’d do anything for Dongwoo, right?” Lime flashed her a greasy smile, hovering the bright flashlight around her face. “Right?”

            “Stop that!” Ara cried, pushing her best friend’s hand away. “Look, nothing’s going to happen if we don’t find Hoya right now.”

            “Should we have brought Dongwoo?”

            “Are you ing insane?! And then what? Have two bashing articles against Lee Entertainment in one week?!”

            “That too.” Lime stopped for a second, making the light hit the ground. “Why are they doing it so close together? Shouldn’t…shouldn’t they slowly kill Lee Entertainment? Like, have one controversy in a month, and the other the next? It doesn’t make sense to have them all squished together.”

            Ara looked at their surroundings as if scared somebody was listening on, though she wasn’t too frightened at that fact the first few minutes of their conversation. “They have a one-kill at Lee, they’re going to take it. They don’t have time to regain their old spot and get enough money again.”

            “…I realized something.”

            The two of them stopped in front of a door, the flashlight still staying on. “Yeah?”

            “Woohyun. What’re they going to do with him? Because they can’t hit him yet…no, they haven’t hit him yet. Wouldn’t he be the most logical to?”

            “There’s Sungyeol and Myungsoo,” Ara reminded her, neither of them wanting to think about what KSO would do with that exceptionally horrid information.

            “No, there have other plans for Woohyun, I just know it.”

            Ara looked around at Lime until they caught each other’s eyes. Spending years of their lives with KSO, they knew what the three men were going to do.

            “Oh.”

            KSO’s number one way of getting to people: using their sympathy.

            Woohyun enters the greatest K-pop company of all time. All of their artists turn out to be druggies, fakers, etc. except for him. He makes the wonderous decision to return to his original company that stayed faithful and pure to him.

            Myungsoo’s been in hiding for years. Is actually one of the greatest voices Korea has ever heard. Most likely threatened and/or forced into this job. After crime is exposed, everybody kills Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo gets brought into KSO, thus becoming a gigantic hit as the voice behind the faker.

            Somehow, when KSO’s plan clicked to them, finding Hoya meant something much more than just finding a missing dongsaeng.

 

“If I said yes,” Sungyeol winked, “what would your response be?”

            Sungjong’s eyes immediately grew as large as it possibly could, blinking no more than half a time. He was this close to falling off of his chair. “DON’T TELL ME –“

            “We’re not!” Myungsoo interrupted, as if he’d just heard what Sungyeol had said. “Yah! Don’t go around telling my brother lies!”

            Sungyeol innocently shrugged, smiling at Sungjong.

            “But…you…so you watched me spazz over your boyfriend for years and you never told me anything?!” Sungjong cried, sounding as betrayed as he possibly could. Of course, being the delusional fantasize-maniac person he was, he’d managed to ignore every word of Myungsoo’s answer. “I could’ve gotten free autographed albums! I wouldn’t have to pay for anything! You just robbed me of half a million dollars! And I could’ve gone to the concert – wait…the concert. Your concert…is tomorrow.”

            Sungyeol mumbled something into his elbow, bringing his legs closer in.

            “What?!”

            Clearing his throat, Sungyeol said, “I’m not doing the concert.”

            The look of devastation on Sungjong’s face nearly broke the pop star’s heart. This was what he’d always tried avoiding, any of this. It hurt, it hurt so much to lie to his fans, but it hurt even more to imagine what they’d think of him when they found out the truth.

            “Why aren’t you –“

            “He’s not doing it, Sungjong,” Myungsoo quietly repeated for his little brother. “He’s not doing it, so he’s not doing it.”

            Myungsoo usually never had the courage to say no to anything Sungjong asked, that was their brotherly bond.

            “But…why?” Sungjong cried, his voice faltering.

            Sungyeol, head still buried into his arm, shook his head.

            Turning to the older boy and pushing his body down, Myungsoo looked back at his little brother. “He has his own issues.”

            His own issues.

            Sungyeol wanted to just laugh out loud because it wasn’t just his issue, it was Myungsoo’s too. The concert not happening was his fault along with Myungsoo’s.

            But there was that little issue with the guests of the concert being Kim Sunggyu and Jang Dongwoo. Dongwoo was okay with coming…but Sunggyu.

            “The whole concert is canceled?”

            “Yes,” Myungsoo answered for him.

                “Then…why haven’t…why isn’t there any news?” Sungjong’s broken heart was heard in the way he spoke, completely obliterating any remorseless feelings Sungyeol had.

                Though at least it got Sungyeol up. “Hwayoung didn’t tell Dad?”

                Myungsoo, realizing the other’s mistake first, shoved a blanket over Sungyeol’s head.

                “…Hwayoung?!” 

 

Hwajong's so close OUO 

ughhhh NO HOYA I'M SO EFFING SORRY~ IT'S LIKE I COULDN'T REALLY ADD HIM ANYWAYS 'CAUSE HE WAS LIKE...yeah basically he's like an orange right now.

this chapter was...pretty bad...because it was typed like three times =____=

my hands are so cold...GAHH IT TAKES SO LONG TO TYPE. HANDS. ARE. FREEZING.

kayy byebye ^^<33 hope you have a great weekend~ YEAH THREE DAY WEEKEND. NO FREAKING SCHOOL ON MONDAY. I LOVE YOU VETERANS. LOVE YOU.

[[c:13]]

 HEY AND DID YOU GUYS READ THIS YET.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/352322

SERIOUSLY.