Chapter 18

He's My Soul

 

I'm all proud of this chapter because I actually remembered to put Hwajong in! YAY. LOL. but it's so short, and, and, and...it doesn't really do much justice for anybody ._.

“HOYA! HOYA!”

               Turning around from his seat, Hoya ran through the kitchen door to the living room. Set before him was Lime and Ara, a limp Sunggyu in their arms.

               “W-what happened –“

               “No time for questions,” Ara said quickly, laying Sunggyu on the couch as Lime ran to get Dongwoo. “I need you to go to the pharmacy and get some aspirins, or anything really, I don’t know, I’m not a doctor. Just, just get him something!”

               “Hyung!” Dongwoo screamed from behind him, rushing over to the couch. Sweat began to break out from his forehead, his knees falling ill to the ground. “What happened to him –“

               “You’ll know soon enough,” Lime rushed. She looked around the worn out wooden cabin, then back at Hoya and Dongwoo. “Where’s Sungyeol? And Myungsoo?”

               “They’re outside,” Dongwoo quickly answered as he laid the back of his hand against Sunggyu’s forehead.

               “Keys!” Ara screamed, throwing a set of keys to Hoya. “The car’s parked outside, just go to the pharmacy and –“

               “You know that I can’t drive, right?”

               Ara froze, groaning. She hit her forehead – how could she be so stupid? Of course Hoya couldn’t drive. “Lime! Go, drive Hoya, let him run in and get the medicine!”

               “But I don’t know what to –“

               “Just GO!”

               Hoya and Lime eyed each other, the boy throwing the keys to her. The two of the bolted out the door and Ara sat down, sighing.

 

“W-what?”

               “Sit with me,” Sungyeol begged. “Please?” His fingers were nervously clutching onto the pieces of grass, his nails digging into the ground. “Let’s…talk.”

               “Look Sungyeol, let’s just go inside and –“

               “I don’t want to go inside,” the older boy shook his head stubbornly.

               “Your sister –“

               “I don’t care about my sister right now.”

               “Well, I don’t want to get killed.” Myungsoo watched as Sungyeol stayed put, his white shoes moving back and forth. “Sungyeol.”

               When he’d concluded that there was no way to make Sungyeol go inside, Myungsoo took a few steps forward and secured himself in the position beside his greatest enemy.

               “What now?”

               It felt weird to Sungyeol. So he’d been looking for practically half of his life for this guy that was sitting next to him right this minute – and he had no idea what to say. It didn’t help that Myungsoo wasn’t too fond of him, too. “Why don’t you…tell me about your life?”

               Looking at Sungyeol as if he’d gone insane, Myungsoo asked, “What?”

               “…I just…want to get to know you.”

               “There’s nothing interesting that’d catch your attention.”

               “Just give me a chance,” Sungyeol muttered. His eyes went down to stare at the grass – it was a nice, pale, green color.

               He heard a loud sigh, followed by Myungsoo’s calm voice. “My name’s Kim Myungsoo. I live with two parents that don’t give a damn about me, and a little brother that has dedicated himself to Lee Sungyeol. Anything else you’d like to know?”

               Sungyeol flinched at the coldness of Myungsoo’s voice, but stayed quiet for a minute. He didn’t know how to respond. “If…if you wanted to know…I’m not doing the concert.”

               Myungsoo felt his heart stop, he swore it did, for a split second. “You – you’re not doing the concert?! What do you mean –“

               “I can’t. I couldn’t. I…I won’t. It’s not right for me to.”

               “Hell, it hasn’t been right for you to for the past four years!” Myungsoo screamed, standing up. “What’s with not doing it now?!”

               Somehow, Sungyeol had known this was how Myungsoo was going to react. “I don’t know. We – no, you haven’t even finished recording all the songs yet. Dad would kill me when I get home, anyway. The concert’s in two days and nothing’s been done. Besides, who knows how long we’re going to be here?”

               “Look, Sungyeol, you have to do the concert, you –“

               “Don’t tell me what I can and can’t do,” Sungyeol interrupted. He stood up, brushing the dirt and loose grass from his black jeans. “If I did it, you’d be hating on me for the rest of my life.”

               “I’m already hating on you!” Myungsoo defended, throwing his hands up in the air.

               “But now I actually know who you are.”

               “Does that make a difference?!”

               “Yes, Myungsoo, it does.”

               “What –“

               “It also makes a difference that you’re actually pretty hot, and not an ugly potato, alright? It doesn’t help that everytime I’m going to go on stage from now on, the only sound roaring inside my ears is your voice, your face, your quotes. I’m going to be standing frozen on that stage, not being able to move a muscle, because all I can think about is how much you’re going to judge me when I come down.”

 

“Remind me again how many people are in there.”

               Fei counted in her head for a second, then said, “Seven. Including Sunggyu.”

               “So…Sunggyu hyung’s going to be in there?” Woohyun breathed a bit, staring at the forlorn wooden cabin in front of him, lights blazing from it. There were shadows all around it, giving Woohyun a Deathly Hallows feel.

               “That’s the plan, yes.” Fei giggled a bit at the distraught look tied to Woohyun’s face, then said, “Don’t worry. I won’t tell him that you have a totally obvious crush on him.”

 

“Do you know where he is?”

               Sungjong shook his head, taking the cup of water from Hwayoung. “No. And Hoya hyung, either. I came home when the school called, asking if Myungsoo was at home.”

               Hwayoung bit her lip, trying not to think of her own missing brother, and his friend. “What…what’re you going to do?”

               “I don’t know…I tried calling him, but it won’t get through. I’m scared Hwayoung, I really am.” Sungjong lifted his large, doe eyes to stare into Hwayoung’s ones. She shivered a bit, bringing herself down to sit next to him.

               They were at his house, Sungjong sitting aimlessly on the couch in front of the TV and Hwayoung not too sure of what to do.

               “Did you tell your parents?”

               Sungjong’s hands dropped from the cup and it fell, crashing onto the carpet below. “My…my parents. No, they don’t know. They can’t know…oh God, I didn’t think of my parents! My mom’s going to throw a fit when she realizes Myungsoo’s not here! Not to mention my dad…oh God, what am I going to do?!”

               ‘I don’t know, but I just survived my dad’s fit. I’m pretty sure you can survive yours,’ Hwayoung thought. “Can you try calling him again? Maybe –“

               Just then, Hwayoung’s cell phone was heard ringing. Sungjong glanced up at her as she pulled the phone from her pocket.

               Glancing at the caller ID, Hwayoung gulped, picking it up. She stared straight into Sungjong’s eyes, but she knew that she had to be careful. Very, very careful.

               “H-hey,” she answered, her voice shaking. “W-where’re you right now?”

               “I’m fine,” Sungyeol said over the phone. “What’s wrong? Hwayoung?”

               “N-nothing.” She eyed her boyfriend again, promising herself not to slip. “Tell me, where –“

               “Tell Appa for me that I’m not doing the concert.”

               “Wait, WHAT?! How could you –“ 

               “Please don’t ask me any questions.” A muffled tone came over the cell phone, some voices, and then Sungyeol came back. “Hey…you’re with Sungjong, aren’t you?”

               “Wait, no, stop! Stop! How do you know Sungjong? And the concert, Oppa, the concert, you can’t –“

               “Tell him that Myungsoo’s doing fine.”

               “Oppa, you –“

               The dial tone ringing in her ears, Hwayoung shakily hung up the phone. Sungjong looked at her suspiciously, a million questions flooding his mind.

               “Concert? What about a concert? And I heard my name. Hwayoung, who was that?”

               Before he could snatch the phone away from her hands, Hwayoung stuffed it back into her pocket. Her mind was running, screwing, everything. She looked back up at her boyfriend, who had been crying just a few minutes ago.

               “Myungsoo…he’s…doing fine.”

 

If you think about it, there had to be somebody that told Sungyeol to tell Hwayoung that Myungsoo was fine. Myungsoo.

Meaning they actually talked. ;D convo in the next update, maybe? Possibly? LOL IDK. I SHOULD'VE WRITTEN MORE. TOO MUCH HOMEWORK ;_; 

SOMEBODY SAVE ME. keke, byebye~ I hope your week went well so far~ ♥ and I'll improve (I KNOW I SAY THIS ABOUT EVERY SINGLE A/N, BUT BEAR WITH ME HERE). ♥