Chapter 14

He's My Soul

 

I already told my subs on my Hwajong fic, but I'm going to say it here too :) Since I have three ish-fics, I'll update one each day, so like, I'm going to be updating this once every two days. Does that make sense? XDD

and I'm so freaking sorry for neglecting Hwajong in this ;_; just...lol I don't know why...after I finish writing, I'm just like, hey...I forgot to add in Hwajong...oops :3 BUT THEY HAVE THEIR OWN FIC. SO YAY♥

Three people, two boys and one girl, both standing on either side of the wall.

               All six scared to meet the people on the other side.

               Hoya, because he didn’t want Dongwoo to murder him asking him why they hadn’t been contacting each other.

               Ara, because she was scared to know what Lime was keeping from her.

               Myungsoo, because he didn’t want to see the tard that was dating his little brother’s girlfriend. And was still conflicted to whether or not Sungyeol knew who he was.

               Dongwoo, because he didn’t know if Hoya wanted to see him anymore.

               Lime, because she didn’t want to break the news about Sunggyu to Ara.

               Sungyeol, because he didn’t want to know how Myungsoo would react after his mental breakdown last night.

               Basically, they were all just being stupid.

 

Woohyun kept quiet, his eyes kept on the clouds in the sky. They were nice and big, white, like puffy marshmallows. Marshmallows were good, and happy. He liked marshmallows.

               The car smoothly ran itself along the streets, hitting the occasional bump. Otherwise, there was no noise. Nobody had dared to say a word – well, no, just Woohyun. Fei was just waiting for him to speak up before she could reply.

               “Can you at least –“

               “No.”

               “I didn’t think so,” Woohyun muttered, playing with his fingers. “Hey…where’re we going?”

               Fei kept her eyes on the road, saying, “Trying to find Sunggyu.”

               “What happened to him?”

               Her head snapped to the side, eyes blazed over. “If I knew, do you think I’d be so freaked out right now?!”

               Woohyun, this close to asking her who was doing this to Sunggyu, decided to stay shut. He sincerely didn’t know what to do.

               “I’m going to give you three minutes until you give me an answer,” Fei told him. In all honesty, she was getting desperate.

 

“Sungyeol?”

               Jonghyun walked into the room, looking around. The lights were all off and nobody seemed to be in there.

               “You here? Sungyeol?”

               Turning on the lights, Jonghyun stepped in and examined his son’s room. “Sungyeol…where on earth did you go?”

               He walked back, turning off the lights, and backed into Dongwoo’s room. Nobody. He knew Fei wasn’t going to be home, because she’d told him she had to go run an errand, so he thought nothing of it.

               But Dongwoo and Sungyeol should’ve known better. They were, in no way, allowed to go out of the house without bodyguards – and none of his security had alerted him about leaving with Sungyeol or Dongwoo.

               “HWAYOUNG!” He screamed frantically, anxious for any help.

 

Hoya was the first to walk to the door, a bit scared when he heard the bell ring. Myungsoo and the other girl (who he discovered had a name: Yoo Ara, or Ara as she’d rather be called) were just sitting on the couch, each drinking some water.

               When he’d opened it, Hoya’s head was somewhere in a large abyss. He should’ve expected it, that Lee Sungyeol would’ve come, but…but…Lee Sungyeol was here. The Lee Sungyeol was here.

               “Um, yeah, me too,” a familiar voice called out, as if reading his mind.

               Hoya blinked back to his senses and pulled the door completely open, revealing Dongwoo and the girl with bright green hair.

               Myungsoo felt himself tense up a bit, just looking at the boy that had completely destroyed himself last night, and shifted his eyes back to the ground for at least thirty more hours.

               Dongwoo walked into the room, Sungyeol following him, and the green haired girl (that Hoya saw last night, but disregarded the thought) last. Hoya watched as she and Ara eyed each other, and the two walked to the backyard together.

               “Hey.”

               “Hi,” Hoya answered, a bit nervous and trying to debate with himself whether to look at the older boy in the eyes, or just stare at the ground. He, like his idiotic friend sitting at the couch, just chose the ground.

               “Did you…think about it?” Dongwoo asked, despite the uncomfortable atmosphere. He’d been expecting a call, or at least a text, from Hoya last night – got nothing.  

               “Thought about it,” was Hoya’s only response.

               “And…?”

               “And?”

               “Your answer?”

               Hoya looked behind Dongwoo, straight at the wide-eyed, totally-interested-in-eavesdropping Sungyeol, then back at the rapper. “How about we talk this someplace else?”

               Not having to look behind him, Dongwoo knew that his best friend was being a total creeper and scaring Hoya. He nodded, then led Hoya into the kitchen, locking the door behind him.

               Sungyeol pouted, sad that he was being left out. And who was that guy? He’d have to be something secretive for Dongwoo to not say anything to him.

               He sighed, then walked over to the couch and next to Myungsoo, who’d he’d been expecting to talk to for a while.  “What’s up?”

               Nothing.

               “Myungsoo?”

               Silence for a few seconds…then… “Well, at least you remember my name.”

               “What made you think I wouldn’t?” Sungyeol shrugged. He elbowed Myungsoo, making the boy sit up and look at him. There was something, something weird about the kid that made Sungyeol feel at ease

               In all seriousness, Myungsoo felt like there was a well pressing down on him, just irking him and totally going into his personal bubble. He had to know, he just had to.

               “Do you have a girlfriend?”

               Sungyeol stopped his hand midway as he was about to grab Myungsoo’s water bottle. He sat back on the couch, looking at his ‘friend’ strangely. “What? No. Why?”

               “My little brother does.”

               Okay, kind of freaking Sungyeol out here. “What does that have to do with me?”

               Myungsoo’s eyes left Sungyeol’s face and he kept them at their rightful place – on the ground. “You wanna know what her name is?”

               “What? Myungsoo, are you –“

               “Hwayoung. Lee Hwayoung.”

               All upcoming words left his mouth. Oh.

               Ohhhh.

               “Oh.”

 

“I think I…”

               “You think you?”

               Woohyun stopped, dumbfounded. Fei was supposed to stay quiet. This was his time – he’d spent the last fourteen minutes rehearsing it.

               Seeing the hurt look on Woohyun’s face, Fei sighed and said, “Go on.”

               “I…I think I might love him,” Woohyun managed to get out. “It’s weird, though. I don’t know. Like, when I heard his singing voice. You have that momentary lapse where everything just stops and you’re left there just thinking…I might love this person.”

               Fei didn’t utter a word this time – she’d seen all too well of what was going on in Woohyun’s head. It was like Sungyeol, loving a man he’d never met. It’s all about the voice, the purity and thoughtfulness of it.

               “You love him?”

               “I don’t know,” Woohyun answered truthfully. “It’s just…he hated me so much at first, but when he’d finally just accepted me, it felt nice. Like I actually stood a place in his heart, you know?”

               “What else?”

               “His voice. That perfect, perfect voice of his. It’s like chocolate with a nice little hint of vanilla. Dark, but sweet and pretty.”

               In her mind, Fei was just having momentary flashbacks of Sungyeol. No, Sungyeol never knew that she knew about Myungsoo. But it was all too obvious – and it hurt her to see her little brother like that.

               At least with her next little brother, he’d have a slight chance with this guy. Even if he didn’t, Fei would do whatever was in her power to let him.

               “Kwanghee.”

               “What?”

               “Kwanghee. Siwon. Onew.”

               Woohyun stayed put, trying to let his mind absorb what Fei was telling him. “KSO…they took Sunggyu.”

               “I’m glad you finally realized.”

               “…Why?”

               “You’re not mad?”

               “Yes, I’m ing furious, now tell me why.”

               “Why do you think?” Fei took her eyes off the road for a split second to give Woohyun a knowing look while the younger boy cussed himself out.

               “God Dammmit.” Woohyun bit at his nails for a second, then closed his eyes and leaned back on the chair. “Wait…Noona.”

               “Yeah?”

               “I think I know where they are.”

 

No Sunggyu. (or Sungjong, for that matter)

Because I'm pretty sure you guys know what's up with him XDD ♥

[spoiler alert: he will not die. promise.]

AND I'M JUST CURIOUS...LIKE...how many of you guys are anime lovers? or Vampire Knight lovers? /casually raises hand/

because I found my fanfic from a few years ago on Shiki x Rima. The best fuking couple in Vampire Knight ever. Who else loved them? Anybody? They're so amazing. LOL I SHIPPED THEM SO HARD IN THE SEVENTH GRADE.

And if you're wondering. I shipped Yuki and Zero. Sorry, Kaname lovers (LOL my sister's a KanamexYuki lover). I don't know what this was LOL. I'M JUST CURIOUS♥