Chapter 29

He's My Soul

 

29~ bahaha that's my favorite number after 9 ^^ well...here~

“…Wait you are?” Sungyeol widened his eyes, turning to look at Myungsoo. “How didn’t I know that?!”

                “You don’t notice anything, you idiot.”

                “But I should’ve seen you! Wait, you sat in the back, didn’t you –“

                “I sat behind you, it’s great that you’ve taken such fantastic observations of your surroundings.”

                “…I don’t like big words,” Sungyeol said, shaking his head a bit.

                “Those aren’t –“ Myungsoo stopped, glaring at the sound coming from Sungjong’s cell phone. “You gonna pick that up?”

                Sungjong just nodded, his eyes not blinking at all and a grateful smile on his face that looked as if he’d just won the lottery.

                Without taking his eyes off of his older brother and his idol, Sungjong pulled the cell phone from his pocket and answered idly answered it.

                “Hello?”

                “Sungjong?” Hwayoung’s worried voice sprang through the other line, some heavy breathing following it. “Where are you? I just stopped by your house and you’re not there and I’m freaking out right now –“

                “Yeah, I’m not at home. Why, what happened?”

                “Nothing,” she answered, though her voice obviously hinted that it wasn’t ‘nothing’. “I was just…looking for you, that’s all.”

                “Oh. Why? Is there something you want to talk about?”

                Hwayoung stayed silent for a bit, allowing Sungjong to glance up. Sungyeol looked from the phone to Sungjong, mouthing ‘Who is that?’.

                “Hwayoung,” the youngest boy said out loud.

                “Yeah?” She answered from the other line.

                “Nothing, I was talking to somebody else. Hey…Hwayoung…did you hear, the Lee Sungyeol concert’s gonna be canceled.”

                From his point of view, Sungjong could see Sungyeol squeeze his eyes shut and let out a silent groan.

                “…Canceled? How…how on earth did you find that out?”

                Sungjong’s right hand fiddled with the phone a bit before he answered, “It’s on the news, isn’t it?”

                “No, no, it’s not. Sungjong, how did you know? No, where are you right now?!” Hwayoung’s breathing gradually got faster and she was scared, which she had a good right to be. Supposedly she was the only person that Sungyeol told of the canceled concert, and she hadn’t told anybody. Then how the freak did Sungjong know?
                ‘Give me the phone,’ Sungyeol mouthed, sticking his hand out.

                “What? Why?”

                “…Why what –“

                “Give me the freaking phone!” The pop star cried, shaking his hand in front of Sungjong’s face.

                From the other side of the phone, Hwayoung could clearly hear and recognize her brother’s voice. “Sungjong, what’s –“

                “Hwayoung.”
                “Sungyeol?!”

                “Yeah, long story short I decided to figure out who your totally amazing boyfriend was –“

                “I never even told you about Sungjong!”

                “Fei did, alright?” Okay, so what if she didn’t, Sungyeol was still about 94% sure that Hwayoung had told his oldest sister.

                “But…what…do you know how much Sungjong idolizes you?! Have you seen his room? What’re you gonna tell him – no, what the freak did you tell him when he asked why Lee Sungyeol was standing right in front of him, huh?”          

                “There shouldn’t be any lies in a healthy relationship, Hwayoung-ah,” Sungyeol tsked, shrugging although he knew she couldn’t see him.

                “I was going to tell him! Just not…not now! And besides, where are you, Dad’s been flipping out –“

                “’Kay bye, I’ll talk to you later,” Sungyeol hurried, hanging up the phone before handing it back to an awestruck Sungjong.

                Myungsoo, standing up on only his knees, staring scooting over to his younger brother until he finally plopped down and patted Sungjong’s leg. “There’s something you need to know about Hwayoung.”

                “Yeah, I kinda figured that out!” Sungjong snapped, glaring between Myungsoo then Sungyeol, though his gaze seemed to soften just the tiniest bit at the sight of the oldest boy.

                ”Um…” Sungyeol paused a bit, scratching the top of his head. “Have you ever thought that…that me and Hwayoung looked alike? Well, no, Fei and I don’t even look alike...”

                He looked up behind Sungjong at Myungsoo, his eyes clearly begging for him.

                “Long story short,” Myungsoo started, refusing to sugarcoat the damn subject, “you’re going out with Lee Sungyeol’s little sister.”

               

“Okay, so this is what you do,” Sunggyu began before yawning halfway through his directions. Dongwoo had kicked him and Woohyun out of their bedroom to do something involving the kitchen’s tablecloth and a rice cooker; they really didn’t want to ask why.

                “Just give it to me,” Woohyun rolled his eyes. He grabbed the packet of raw ramen from Sunggyu’s hand and began crushing it onto the table until he was sure that the pieces were all separate and smashed. “It’s honestly not that hard, alright?”

                “I swear, we’re going to get tapeworms eating this.”

                “You were the one that wanted to eat it!”

                “Well I’m sorry but I’m kinda feeling dead right now and in absolutely no way able to lug around a bowl full of hot water.”

                Woohyun just shook his head, opening the crushed ramen package and taking out the pieces of salt. He motioned his head over for Sunggyu to hand him napkins and a spoon, which the older boy did.

                He sighed before taking out the little packages, ripping them, and pouring most of the contents into the bag. “No spicy stuff?”

                “No spicy stuff,” Sunggyu nodded.

                Woohyun threw him the unopened package of chili, which Sunggyu took heed to throw away. He took the spoon from the counter and began mixing the raw pieces of ramen before handing the bag to his hyung.

                “See how it tastes.”

                Cautiously, Sunggyu took a spoonful. “…Ugh, I missed this so much.”

                “Really, now?”

                “Yes, I haven’t had these since my trainee days. Jonghyun was seriously the strictest guy ever in making sure I maintained my diet and apparently, eating raw ramen wasn’t the best thing for me.”

                “It’s not,” Woohyun agreed, putting his hand out and nodding his head to tell Sunggyu to hand over the bag. “Let’s see how well I did, considering I was about half asleep when I made this.”

                He took in a good amount, deciding that it was edible enough not to kill him. “Here.”

                Sunggyu just gave him a thin smile before taking the bag, the two of them continuously handing it off to one another to eat.

 

“Hey –“

                “Be quiet,” Ara heard Siwon say strictly. It wasn’t the first time he’d said that on their walk. Whenever Gyuri had attempted to utter a word, she was interrupted by the guy.

                The footsteps continued on and Ara made sure to either stay as quiet as possible, or match her footing to Gyuri’s and Siwon’s so that it wasn’t too noticeable.

                Just as she was about to take another step, Ara heard the two of them stop walking. She halted immediately, turning around the corner just enough to hide her body but be able to keep sight on them without the two of them noticing.

                “He’s in here,” Gyuri swallowed, knowing that those three words were the first that she’d been able to form in the past twenty minutes.

                “You locked him in here?”

                “With the fumes Kwanghee gave me. I don’t know if they worked or not, I kept the entire room closed for a long while before he came.”

                For a millisecond, Ara felt her heart stop in her chest. Then it started pounding harder, her mind overworking at every scenario that could’ve happened with Hoya inside that room.

                The worst part was, no matter if or if not she was able to figure out if Hoya was okay, she couldn’t be able to get him away from Gyuri, not to mention Siwon was there too.

                Although her ears were still pounding from the blood flowing through, Ara could hear Gyuri pull out a something from her pocket and insert it in the keyhole.

                “Wait,” Siwon said randomly, and the sound of the key being pulled out echoed through the dark, silent hallways.

                “What’s it now?”

                “Tell me what this guy has to do with the rest of them.”

                “Look, Siwon –“

                “No, you look, Gyuri. Kwanghee needs to know so that he can set up a moderate plan, you get that? If we go in and the guy is still conscious, he’s just gonna run away.”

                Ara could almost feel Gyuri roll her eyes. “He’s not conscious, okay? When I put the smelly-thingies in there I almost fainted from it. It’s just that strong.”

                There was a few minutes of silence until Gyuri sighed and said, “Fine, fine. He’s Dongwoo’s friend.”

                “Dongwoo? Jang Dongwoo?”

                “No, another Dongwoo. Yes, Jang Dongwoo.” Ara raised her eyebrows, thinking of how all of a sudden Gyuri was giving Siwon sass.

                Until she realized exactly what Gyuri had said. She knew about Dongwoo and Hoya’s relationship, meaning…now KSO knew, too.

                “Jang Dongwoo? He told you that?”

                “How else would I know? Look, Ara and Lime can’t train their kids to keep their mouths shut, the kid just went around blabbing the stuff to me.”

                “Jang Dongwoo, and not Kim Myungsoo, eh?” Siwon asked quietly, more to himself. He couldn’t believe he was this lucky, the only connection they were missing…it was right here in their hands.

                Perfect. This was just so perfect, it was unbelievable.

                “What?”                

                “Nothing,” Siwon answered. “Just open the door.”

                From her corner, Ara inched a step closer and see what was going on. She was desperately wishing that she hadn’t given her phone to Lime so she could inform somebody that Dongwoo was about to get smoldered, along with Hoya, before she could possibly die.

                There was that same sound again, the lock clicking, and Ara could hear Siwon coughing.

                “Hell, those are really strong!” He complained through a pinned nose. “Where did Kwanghee find the money for them?”

                Gyuri didn’t answer, and Ara could tell it was because of the lack of being able to breathe properly without fainting to the floor.

                There were a few more distant footsteps she could hear before breathing in and telling herself that she had to do this, that if she didn’t, something even worse was going to happen.

                Without giving it another thought to doubt herself with, Ara ran over to the door and behind it so that she was clutching the doorknob, her back against the wall as she was facing the door itself.

                She held her breath immediately, almost feeling nauseous at what was being emitted from the room. Knowing that Siwon and Gyuri were too engrossed in checking if Hoya was, indeed, still alive and viable for use, Ara skipped over the other way to shut the door close.

                It clicked, and Ara could hear screaming that she easily recognized as Gyuri’s.

                She knew that she didn’t have the key, meaning that she couldn’t lock the door, but it would only take them a few minutes to fall unconscious.

                Slowly, Ara dropped and fell against the door, her hand still over her heart. She could feel the pounding from the other side of the door, but her back and weight kept enough strength as to not let anybody be able to get out.

                A few more thumps, and then everything fell nearly and somewhat silent. Ara whispered a silent apology to Hoya and Dongwoo, then waited a few minutes before standing up and opening the door again.

 

LOOK JONGIE'S FIGURING OUT HIS GIRLFRIEND'S SECRET. And...well...Hoya and Gyuri and Siwon are basically somewhat dying in that room together. 

I've realized something. No, really, I could've smashed so many chapters together to make on instead of having, like, 29 ones that could actually be, like, 15 =______= 

OH LOOK GUISE THIS IS AT 122 SUBS. Holy UGH I love you ;___; my goal for this, if any, is 126 ~

UGH FINALLY BREAK IS HERE AND I HAVE LIKE NO SCHOOL FOR A WEEK. Any YC readers remember my double/triple updates? bahahahaha that'll probably somewhat return. 

OKAY THAS ALL. Thankyouu for sticking to the story~ and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN LEE MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.<3 (yes I have actually have real, un-imaginary friends. you all can go and be surprised now.)

[[c:16]]