Chapter 16

He's My Soul

 

YOU GUYS. YOU GUYSSSS. YA'LL. I hit 200 total subscribers. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FACKING HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW. So like. Yeah. :} thisissocool.

Yeah~ update~ ;_; remind me that Hwajong needs to come in sometime. and that YaDong's scene should be longer. and to let Sunggyu have some dialouge. 

“Broom!” Myungsoo shouted on a whim. “Cleaning stuff. Broom. Left it there. Yeah.”

               Sungyeol blinked at him, slowly shaking his head. “No. You said something else. You said you forgot something…what was it?” All of a sudden, the weight in his right pocket seemed to get heavier.

               Myungsoo didn’t answer as he watched Sungyeol’s hand subconsciously touch the pocket. He knew – he knew that Sungyeol had his phone, and something was going to happen.

               But then again…why the should he care? This was Sungyeol’s sanity on the line, not his. The information that Sungyeol might find out today was going to affect him, not Myungsoo. Why should he care what happened to the pop star?

 

“Oh my God.” Ara’s voice only came out in a whisper, her hand not once leaving her chest. Her heart was beating furiously, as if it would burst in a few seconds. “No…no.”

               Lime was seated on the bench, a bit scared. “Fei told me. He wasn’t at his dorm…she went to pick up Woohyun and they’re looking for him right now.”

               “But Lime – it’s Sunggyu we’re talking about!” Ara cried, turning to her best friend. Her eyes were misty, but no tears were obvious just yet. “He can’t handle being bitten by a bug! How…how is he going to survive what KSO is going to do to him?!”

               “What they did to him,” Lime corrected, the words coming out hoarse. “It’s been hours, Unnie. The damage they could’ve done to him in this amount of time would be horrid.”

               Ara allowed herself to fall to the ground, her painted fingernails clutching onto the pieces of grass as they were pulled from the earth. “Why Sunggyu…”

               “Because he’s the weakest of them all,” the other girl answered. “Because he’s the oldest. Because hurting him would affect everybody else…”

               Her voice was trailed off as she met Ara’s red eyes.

               “…Because he’s the closest to Woohyun.”

 

“That’s your second peach,” Dongwoo observed, sticking his tongue out.

               “Eighth actually, I ate six before you arrived.” Hoya the last piece of meat off of the seed before throwing it into the trash and washing his hands.

               How he didn’t get sick of them was anybody’s guess.

               “...How long have you been here?”

               “A while.” Hoya took the stool beside Dongwoo, the seats overlooking a counter, stove, and refrigerator.

               “Why?”

               “I don’t know…Ara took us out of school. She said something to Myungsoo that, for some stupid reason, just destroyed any common sense he had. Then dragged us here.”

               “…Did she know”

               A silent nod. “She knew.”

               Dongwoo didn’t reply, so Hoya tried another conversation starter. “How about you? How’d you come here?”

               “Lime came to our house. Said she had to bring me and Sungyeol somewhere.”

               “And you guys actually listened to her?” Hoya found this funny – really funny, that Dongwoo actually listened to somebody. In reality, he’d only known Dongwoo for less than a day, but it seriously felt like longer. Much, much longer.

               “Well…yeah.” Dongwoo looked up from the counter and at Hoya’s adorable face. “Sungyeol only came because she told him that that Myungsoo kid was going to be here.”

               No surprise there. “And you?”

               “What do you think?” He asked in a mix of trivia and humor. “She said that you’d be here.”

               “Oh, really now. So you’d follow some strange lady if she told you that I was here?”

               “Don’t judge me. I needed an answer from you – I’d follow her anywhere, as long as you were there.”

               At that, Hoya really had to laugh. “Anywhere? Even to the depths of Hell?”

               Dongwoo didn’t smile, just nodded seriously and answered, “Even to the depths of Hell.”

 

“Tell me now,” Sungyeol demanded, all attempts to make his voice sound strong failing. Instead, it was slowly beginning to break apart. “What did you forget at my house?”

               Myungsoo didn’t answer. Instead, his attention stayed fixed on the totally not fascinating carpet.

               “Myungsoo.”

               Did he really think Myungsoo would answer?

               “Kim Myungsoo!” Sungyeol grabbed the younger boy’s collar and pulled him to look at Sungyeol. “Answer me. What. Did. You. Forget?”

               No reaction in any way whatsoever.

               Sungyeol felt his throat clench up, thinking about last night, Myungsoo, and his journal. His crash down in the recording studio, Myungsoo bringing him back home.

               Why was Myungsoo there in the first place? Cleaning? Yeah, because there were totally a ton of supplies in there.

               To think he might’ve considered this guy his friend.

               His right hand still tightened on Myungsoo, Sungyeol repeated it again. “Tell me, Myungsoo. Tell me what you left there.”

               “You don’t want to know.”

               Those five words alone were enough for Sungyeol. The older boy stood up, letting go of Myungsoo and in turn feeling the forgotten cell phone in his pocket.

               “Tell me now, Myungsoo – “ pause. “Or should I just call you L?”

               The quick hesitation in Myungsoo’s eyes told Sungyeol everything he needed to know. He pulled the phone from his pocket, flinging it into the younger boy’s lap, and allowed himself to walk to the backyard.

               Myungsoo didn’t flinch at all.

 

“Call the police, Noona! Call the ambulance, whatever you can, Sunggyu hyung isn’t waking up and –“

               “No.”

               Woohyun froze, the numb feeling in his fingers lose Sunggyu’s limp touch. “What do you mean, no? He’s in trouble, he might not –“

               “We go to the police, or the hospital, they’re going to know. They’re going to know what happened to him, they’re going to be able to second what happened to him.” Fei panicked a bit, grabbing her purse and walking around the room to make sure there weren’t anything left here to use as evidence.

               “What happened?!”

               Fei just threw the magazine to Woohyun, who slowly left Sunggyu’s side to take it.

            “Wait…what…” Woohyun looked it over again, reading the headline out loud. “Lee Entertainment’s Kim Sunggyu caught doing drugs?”

               Hands shaking, he looked down at the pictures. A picture of Sunggyu, a disgusting syringe beside him. Another one, another one of Sunggyu, looking like he was higher than a hot air balloon attached to an airplane, all shooting upwards with a ing space shuttle.

               “Who –“

               “Who the do you think did this?!” Fei screamed, her patience level at a bare minimum. “Why do you think he’s unconscious? Why do you think he won’t wake up?!”

               “He –“

               “Call Yoo Ara or Lime, right now.”

               “But –“

             “Now, Woohyun! Before the tabloid spreads out further, before they figure out where this picture was taken!”

              Woohyun stood up, momentarily leaving Sunggyu’s side, and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He didn’t have to use any brain cells to know which number was Yoo Ara’s (speed dial number one, of course).

               The dial tone rang for a few seconds before a familiar voice came over it.

               “Woohyun, my God, what –“

               “We’re at the practice building, the one that I went to when KSO was under construction. Sunggyu’s here. I - I don’t think he’s okay, he won’t wake up, and, and, and, and, and –“

               “Is Fei there with you?”

               “Yeah…”

               “Tell her to bring you to the cabin right now. Lime and I will go get Sunggyu.”

               “But –“

               “WOOHYUN.”

             A very weak ‘ne’ came out of Woohyun before he hung up, giving Sunggyu a very long glance as he watched Fei drag the unconscious boy onto a long desk.

               “Let’s go,” Fei said, as if she’d heard what Ara had said over the phone. “The sooner we leave, the sooner Ara and Lime get here.”

 

“Sungyeol!”

             Lime ran towards the crying boy, dragging him over to where she was sitting. “What happened? Sungyeol?”

               She didn’t need an answer, all she needed was to see the empty right pocket on Sungyeol’s white jeans. She knew.

               “Myungsoo.”

           Sungyeol’s shoulders went up and down, his breathing coming in uneven paces. He nodded, slowly leaning towards Lime.

               “I’m sorry…that you had to find out like this.” She slowly patted Sungyeol’s neck as he pushed himself further on her. “He…does have a beautiful voice, right?”

               A weird sound came out of Sungyeol, and he knew this. He allowed his crying to slow down a bit before he replied to her.

               “That’s why I love him…”

 

BAM. bahahahahaha yes. LOL if you realized, I tried adding a 'yooara' and 'lime' tag to my story. BUT NO. THAT WOULD EXCEED THE TAG LIMIT. so I had to squish their names together...not like anybody really cared `-` 

SO YEAH. HAPPY FRIDAY~♥ hope you guys had a great week ^^ and like, WEEKEND♥ hehe :3 ♥