Chapter 9

He's My Soul

 

Sungyeol just held onto his pillow, tears repeatedly falling out.

            He wasn’t sad, though. He was just listening, listening to the music…to the voice. It was so beautiful, so calming, so perfect.

            “I just want to meet you once,” Sungyeol whispered, eyes fixed around the dark room. The voice kept singing, echoing from the all-surround sound system.“Maybe…maybe then I’d have something to live for.”

 

Hoya hid behind the curtain, staring at the waiting trainee.

            He was supposed to be getting drinks. Pfft, yeah, he kinda forgot how to get to the vending machine on the way there.

            Okay, so he had three options:

One, go back in and tell the guy that there weren’t any drinks left.

Two, go back in and get signed autographs to sell online and get money for the dance club.

            Three, freaking run away.

            Yeah. Third one seemed pretty good to him. But then again…all of his materials were in the room. He had to get his backpack, there was homework to do. And that stereo had taken him ages to finally buy.

            “I’m back,” he hoarsely said as he found his way back to the auditorium.

            Dongwoo turned around, smiling. “Oh! Hi. Um…you didn’t…bring anything back?”

            Hoya blinked for a second, then sat down. “You see…it’s dark. And I’m scared. Because, like, you know…dark. Very dark.”

            ‘Way to speak’ Hoya thought. Obviously, brain functions had not returned properly.

            Dongwoo just stared, then sat down next to him. Seriously, since when did normal teenagers get so weird?

            “So…um…what’re you doing here?” Hoya asked about an eternity later.

            “The necklace,” Dongwoo answered.

            Hoya’s mind flashed to a last night, with the door and the random kid. “You…you were the person, weren’t you? Mr. I’m-not-fluent. Right?”

            It was Dongwoo’s turn to be embarrassed as he stared at the ground, playing with his fingers. “Yeah…I’m sorry about that. I came to pick up homework for Sungyeol, which I ended up  not doing at all, and I just happened to come upon this room. And your dancing…it’s really, really good.”

            “Oh…thank you,” Hoya sheepishly said as his cheeks turned bright red.

            “Do you, by any chance, want to –“

            “DONGWOO!”

            Dongwoo was interrupted when he heard a woman’s voice shout through the door. He turned around, seeing two women wearing business suits running towards him.

            “You’re okay, right? Nothing bad?” The first person, a woman with black hair cut to her elbows, asked. “Nothing happened yet?”

            The teenager was confused – first of all, who were these people? And second of all…how the freak did they find him?!

            “We’ve been looking all over for you!” The second woman huffed. She had mint green hair in a boycut, messed around her head.

            “W – who are you?” He stuttered, standing up. Were they sent by Jonghyun? What had happened?
            The first woman just sighed in relief, her eyes shifting over to Hoya. “And who are you?”

            Dongwoo stood up, blocking Hoya from the two women’s sight. “I asked you a question first. Who. Are. You?”

            Green-hair just stared at black-hair, the two gulping. Maybe their actions were a little too hastily planned…but when Dongwoo came up on their radar as not at the Lee Household, the recording studio, or the Lee Entertainment Building, they freaked.

            Without another look back, the two ran out of the auditorium. At the same time, the first woman checked her phone.

            “Myungsoo is still at the Lee House,” she told her colleague when they had reached outside.

            The green-haired woman blinked a bit, then opened her phone. “…But…Fei said that she just came home. The lights aren’t on anywhere. Sungyeol and Hwayoung are both asleep, and Dongwoo’s lights were off. Myungsoo wouldn’t be able to stand being at the Lee House for that long…”

            Her voice trailed off as the two stared at each other. Nothing could happen that fast, right? They were too quick to judge with Dongwoo’s situation, after all.

But still…you could never be too careful.

Without another word, they set off running again.

 

“I’m going to go to my dorm now, alright?”

            Woohyun nodded, smiling. Today had been a good day…he had fun. A lot more fun than he’d had in a while.

            Sunggyu smiled back, leaving the recording studio and making sure to close the door behind him.

            Right away, Woohyun took out his phone and knew he had to expect something. Exactly…43 missed calls and 82 new messages.

            He checked his calls list, most of them coming from Yoo Ara and Lime, his managers, stylists, choreographers, teachers, and management team all in one. They were basically the only thing that kept him tied down to his old company…oh well, he was going to miss them. But if it meant being able to team up with Sunggyu hyung, everything was worth it.

            Woohyun closed the calls list and went to his message inbox. Without even daring to look at them, he deleted them all. It hurt to see any ‘come back’ messages from his Noona’s.

            He stood up, grabbing his jacket and turning off the lights. The entire time, he kept staring at the cell phone screen as it deleted all the messages…

            They weren’t involved with him anymore. So that meant that they’d have nothing important to tell him, right?

 

Really, now. His hyung wasn’t home yet?

            Sungjong groaned, picking at the couch as he stared up at the ceiling. So he was decently off right now. At least he’d got to go out with Hwayoung.

            Just thinking about her name made him smile. Hwayoung. It was a pretty name, just like her.

            He’d wanted to walk her home, but she refused. Said something about not wanting to rely on boys to feel safe…she was independent. Everybody at school knew that. Her parents never came to anything, and she always avoided talking about them. There were already so many rumors involving Ryu Hwayoung and her family, all that she had ignored and not be bothered to comment on.

            All of a sudden, the door clicked open and Sungjong sat up. His brother walked in, slamming the door shut and throwing his keys on the table.

            “Oh, hyung, you’re home!” Sungjong cried, jumping off. “I have to tell you all about the most amazing date everrrrrr! So basically –“

            Sungjong shut his mouth when he saw the look on Myungsoo’s face. His older brother grabbed the note that was taped onto the table and ripped it into four, letting the pieces fall onto the floor.

            “Never, ever talk about that again,” Myungsoo growled. He took his school blazer off and threw it on the couch, walking over to open the refrigerator.

            “What…?” Sungjong faltered, going over to Myungsoo. “But Hwa –“

            “I TOLD YOU NOT TO SPEAK OF THAT PERSON AGAIN!” The older boy shouted. He threw the refrigerator door back and it hit the wall, causing small vibrations. “Stay away from her, Sungjong. I’m telling you as your brother right now.”

“Don’t go all ‘Romeo and Juliet’ on me,” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “I can be with whoever I want to be, God. What did she ever do to you?!”

            Myungsoo just let out another sigh as he brushed past his younger brother. “I’m warning you, Sungjong. That girl is messed up. Don’t go near her.”

            He then walked up the stairs, munching on a peach. Myungsoo seriously wasn’t sure why he had just burst on Jongie.

            …Maybe because she was cheating on his little brother? But then again…Sungyeol being in the picture messed everything up.

 

Yeah, I noticed it too, my writing's getting worse and worse. *sighs* AND IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE YOO ARA AND LIME♥ if you haven't guessed, those are who the two ladies are =.= I was considering putting two members of miss A, but this is in welcome of L's new drama♥ YAYY~~ eh hem. Please leave comments♥ thankyouu~~ ^^♥