Chapter 23

He's My Soul

 

HEY SO LIKE I should probably apolgize for the lack of all OTP's, and how messily written this chapter is. Today's my homecoming (I'm not going lol) and actually, all my friends are here right now getting ready together (yes, I'm getting into all this homecoming business even though I'm not going. my house is apparently the "biggest" and I have the most random pieces of clothing to throw on if their outfits get messed up). 

“Sungyeol…Sungyeol,” Myungsoo whispered, shaking the boy next to him awake. The sun was blaring through the blinds, Sungyeol having shut them close when the two of them went back into the room.

               Sungyeol’s eyes fluttered a bit until he finally opened them, looking up to find Myungsoo. “You’re awake?”

               “It’s morning, genius.”

               He just yawned, stretching his arms. Myungsoo made sure to dodge it and not get totally smacked with them.

               “I’m still sleepy,” Sungyeol muttered, turning the other way. “I don’t have anything anyways. Never slept this long either. Feels pretty nice.”

               Myungsoo shook his head, pulling himself to sit up against the head of the bed. The blankets were pushed towards the end of the bed, about four centimeters from falling off, and a pillow that had been lying in between Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s head was now stashed between Sungyeol’s legs. The cover on the mattress was pulling up also, showing off at least half of the bare mattress.

               He sighed, keeping in mind that if he ever slept with Sungyeol again, he’d have to nail everything down.

               “I’m going outside,” Myungsoo said, getting off the bed and slipping into his slippers. Sungyeol let out a content hum and snuggled into the bed some more.

               Before he left the room, Myungsoo grabbed the blanket and threw it over Sungyeol, who just smiled and pulled it closer to his body.

               “Get me a coffee too, ‘kay?” Sungyeol murmured from beneath the pillow.

               “I got it,” Myungsoo called back, closing the door behind him.

 

When Sunggyu woke up, he felt as if somebody had thrown about fifty bricks on his head, covered his body in mud, trapped him inside a concrete cement wall, and then poured boiling hot water onto it to melt him out.

               He massaged his temples a bit, examining his surroundings. It wasn’t pitch black, but there were no windows (if there were, they were probably bolted shut or something). He could still tell it was morning from the sunlight that was radiating underneath the door crack, and the bit of light that was shining on the body beside him.

               “Woohyun…” He muttered, although he felt a sharp pain go across his skull. “Aish…where am I…”

               Looking around the room, his eyes caught sight at the black Samsung Galaxy SIII [A/N: because, like, everybody has that phone now] in the corner beside a small, round, wooden table.

               There were pieces of glass shards surrounding it, obviously having come from the phone itself. The screen was cracked horribly, and the back of it had been torn off.

               Waste of money, Sunggyu thought, though he still didn’t know why Woohyun might’ve done that. Maybe he was drunk and decided to toss his phone?

               Who knows, was what was on Sunggyu’s mind as he lifted himself off of the bed, pounding his head with his palm every few seconds.

               When he’d finally been able to reach the door, he side glanced at the messy couch next to it. There was a blanket that had been lazily thrown off, and he knew that somebody had been sleeping here a while ago.

               “Ah!” He groaned, opening the door to get the bright light into his eyes. “Why is it so darn sunny…”

               Sunggyu stepped out a bit, hearing the familiar noise of a coffee machine. Whenever he was over at Sungyeol’s house, this sound was always playing in the background in the mornings.

               He allowed the door to slowly shut behind him, making a clear “thud” sound.

               From the kitchen, he heard somebody shout, “Yeol, I told you to stay in there. I’ll bring you the coffee –“

               The voice stopped, and Sunggyu looked up to see a boy around Sungyeol and Dongwoo’s age, nearly as tall as Sungyeol. He wearing plaid red and black pajama pants and a plain white crew-neck t-shirt. His hair was messed up a bit and the bags underneath his eyes were decently visible. In his hand was a white mug, heat waves steaming from it.

               “You’re awake!” The boy said, still frozen and sounding a bit anxious.

               “Well…yeah,” Sunggyu managed to say before wanting to chug down an entire bottle of aspirins to make the throbbing sensation go away. “Who…who are you?”

               The boy didn’t answer, just walked towards him. He settled the mug on the coffee table in front of the couch, then came closer to him.

               “Are you okay? You’re not hurt anywhere, right?”

               “Well my head feels like crap, but seriously…who are you?” Sunggyu repeated, a bit fazed at how he’d said all that and not crashed to the floor.

               “There’s some medicine that Hoya bought left in the drawer. Do you want me to get some?”

               Sunggyu just blinked some more, trying to generate the information. “Who are you? Who’s ‘Hoya’?! And where am I?!”

               The boy let out a sigh, scratching the back of his head. “I should probably go get Sungyeol, huh…”

               “Sungyeol? Sungyeol’s here? Oh, Woohyun’s here too…can I…talk to him?”

               “He’s sleeping, though, and he’s pretty tired.”

               “…You look pretty tired,” Sunggyu observed.

               “Yeah, well, I’m always tired.” He let out a long yawn, then looked back at Sunggyu. “I’m…well, my name’s Kim Myungsoo. I’m Sungyeol’s…acquaintance.”

               “…Acquaintance? Sungyeol has acquaintances?”

               “No, not really,” Myungsoo admitted. “Wait, you just came out of your room, right? Is Ara in there?”

               “Ara?” A confused look overcame Sunggyu’s face. “Who’s that?”

               “Then I guess –“

               “I’m here,” a sleepy voice from the side called out.

               Sunggyu whipped around, seeing a girl slightly older than him with long, elbow-length black hair. She had on a pair of pajama pants similar to Myungsoo’s, and that was when Sunggyu realized that he had the exact same pair on himself, too.

               “Lime and I went to sleep in Hoya and Dongwoo’s room,” she yawned, stretching out her arms and walking towards them.

               “What time did you get back?” Myungsoo asked, his voice laced with nervousness.

               “A few hours ago. We had to wait until all the lights in your house were off…seriously, what do your parents do all night long?” Ara asked, exasperated. She walked over to the table, picking up the mug of hot liquid. “Well, besides that, it took Lime about forever to get the ladder from the trunk. Then do you know how long it takes to carry a sleeping boy from his bed in the third-floor bedroom to a car without waking him up?”

               She shook her head, taking a sip of the drink. “Your brother’s super skinny, by the way. You guys should really feed him more.” After consuming a bit more of whatever was in the cup, she said, “Oh, and the posters in his room are really creepy. How does he fall asleep with twenty-three Lee Sungyeol’s staring at him?!”

               “You actually counted?!” Myungsoo cried. He knew that there were a lot, but he wasn’t to fond of walking into his brother’s Lee Sungyeol shrine and verbally counting each and every poster.

               “Well, yeah –“

               “Wait. Where is he?”

               Ara blinked a bit at the sudden change of topics, and put the cup down. “We left him in the car and put locks from the inside on each door. Figured that if we dragged him inside, he’d wake up and try to explore the place…and then find his brother sleeping with his most idolized person. Now, that wouldn’t be too nice, would  it?”

               Myungsoo’s face flushed, realizing how weird that sounded.

               “Forget it, just get him out,” Ara smiled. “Lime’s waking Hoya up. We have to go to…the place. Check some things.”

               “Hoya?”

               “He’s the only one that they don’t know of yet,” she shrugged. “I doubt they even have enough money to change locks or get security cameras, so we’d get in easily.”

               “But…what if they know about Hoya?”

               “They won’t,” she snorted. “Frankly, besides being yours and Sungyeol’s classmate and schoolmate, he has about no connections to any of us.”

               “What’s…what’s going on?” Sunggyu piped up, hitting his head a few minutes later to cool down his headache.

               Ara looked up at him, sighing. She walked over, scared to touch him in fear that he’d freak out. “Dongwoo’s going to wake up soon…you should go inside with him. He’ll try to explain everything to you.”

               “What about – “

               “Woohyun isn’t in the most perfect mental state right now,” Ara tried. She twisted her neck a bit to Myungsoo, saying, “He saw them…the articles.”

               “They’re out? Already?”

               “I told you, the guys are pretty fast.” She turned back to Sunggyu, swallowing.

               “You can go in now.”

               Sunggyu forced Ara to let go of him, turning to see where the other voice had appeared from. In the hallway stood a woman a bit older than him, too, but still younger than the girl before him. She had bright green hair and was wearing black tights and a white v-neck t-shirt.

               Another boy, who looked around Myungsoo’s age, walked in behind her. He was heavily built with brown hair, wearing black skinny jeans and a t-shirt similar to the green haired one’s.

               “Get your brother out,” Lime said to Myungsoo. “Tell your boyfriend to keep his door closed and not go out, and I’m doubting that Woohyun will leave his room. You’d be clear for a while, but you know, you’re going to have to tell him.”

               A hectic Myungsoo just nodded and walked out the door, leaving Hoya to stare strangely at Lime.

               “Boyfriend?”

               She nodded at the room before them, and walked towards the door that Myungsoo had just ran out of. “They’re bound to get together sooner or later, and I’d prefer it if it were sooner.”

              

“Sungjong…wake up,” Myungsoo cooed, shaking his brother. Two times in a day, he’d had to wake people up. “SUNGJONG!”

               The frail boy’s eyes snapped open and he sat up, staring around the car. Myungsoo ducked his body out of it, and said, “C’mon…get out.”

               “Myungsoo?!” Sungjong cried, pulling himself out. “What the freak?! Where am I? And what’re you doing here – do you have any idea how much Mom and Dad would’ve flipped if they’d found out you weren’t home?! I had to stall them, and I doubt it worked out too well!”

               “I’m pretty sure Hwayoung told you,” Myungsoo said, “that I’m fine. Just…we’ll talk later, alright? C’mon inside the house with me. I made…well, I did make a coffee, but somebody drank it.”

               “Somebody?” Sungjong looked from the car to the wooden house. “My God…what…what’re you doing –“

               “Nothing bad, trust me.” Myungsoo sighed, pulling his little brother away from the car and shutting the door. He looked behind Sungjong to give a small nod at Ara, who was hiding behind a tree and still dressed in her pajamas, for she was only designated to be the driver. “You might actually it like it here.”

 

“So…what exactly do I do there?” Hoya asked, stretching out in the backseat.

               “You just need to check if they know about Sungjong yet. That, and what their next plans are going to be…who they’re planning on attacking next Sunggyu.”

               “…And how exactly do I do that?”

               Lime looked at him from the rearview mirror, sighing. “It’s about 10, nearly noon. They’re probably out eating their lunch of whatever crap like that. Kwanghee’s computer doesn’t have a password because he claims it “takes too long” to log in, and it’d waste so much money on electricity.”

               “I hated working for him,” Ara added in. She ran a red light, getting several honks. But like she really cared about that.

               “What if they don’t know about Sungjong?”

               “Well then, that’s good, right?”

               Hoya blinked a bit, thinking of something else. “But…what’s so important about Sungjong?”

               “He’s Myungsoo’s brother, duh.”

               “…But what’s so important about Myungsoo?”

               Ara gulped, stopping for a red light for the first time in a while. She looked at Lime, who was about as conflicted as she was.

               “He’s…close to Sungyeol,” Lime strangled out, knowing that Myungsoo and Sungyeol would both kill her if she told the truth. “And if they want to get to Sungyeol, they know that the best way is through Myungsoo.”

               “But…why’s he so close to Sungyeol? It’s not like they were secretly dating or anything.”

               Lime sighed, slapping her cheeks. “Look, I just know that they were close, alright? They’re not dating, though. Just…Myungsoo probably did Sungyeol’s homework for him in school, or something.”

               Hoya nodded, although he didn’t buy a thing Lime said. But he could tell that she really didn’t want to tell him the truth either, so he dropped the topic.

               “We’re…here,” Ara breathed out, driving the car into the all-too familiar parking lot that she’d only been in a few days ago – and that was the day she’d found out about KSO’s knowledge on Myungsoo.

               Lime looked back at Hoya, who just nodded. “We’ll be back in a while, okay? I’ll call you if anything  bad happens.”

               Ara nodded as Lime and Hoya got out of the car, slamming the door shut. She watched as they left, disappearing into the back .

               “Please don’t let her call me,” she whispered, rolling up the windows.

 

._______. I just found out one of my friends is dressing up as a for Halloween. what even. LOL. 

woooooh. so this is the chapter~ Sungjong wasn't randomly kidnapped, don't worry, there's a reason ^^~ next chapter, maybe? pwahahaha :3

who's the next target. idk lol.

(this is me being my weird self, but would you guys like to check out my attempt at a 2Seop oneshot? I haven't posted it up yet, but it'd mean a lot if you guys would look at it :3 http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/299917/it-s-now-or-never-kiseop-ukiss-2seop-ukissaj I know y'all probably don't ship them, but it'd be nice if you dropped by to check out my writing ^^ I'm trying to write in present tense for the first time lol)

OH OH OH OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AUNTIE♥ Co Xuan, have the bestes 53rd bday ever ^^

long a/r's are long .__. well, hope your Friday's going swell! ^^

[[c:11]]