Chapter 4

He's My Soul

 

[YES, nearly same A/N as YC] I originally wasn't going to update today because of my...err...issues, but I HAD TO. FIRST OF ALL, IT'S JONGIE'S BIRTHDAY IN KOREA RIGHT NOW♥ (of course I'm going to rant about it. BOTTOM A/N~~) Yes, it's the same rant as in YC. I don't deem myself good enough to write two rants...IT'S SO HARD T.T

THE OTHER THING THAT GAVE ME THE POWER TO UPDATE TODAY WAS MYUNGYEOL'S TWEETS TO JONGIE~~ LAWLS I was laughing and smiling so hard! At the end of L's tweet to Sungjong, he put "I love you" and in Sungyeol's tweet to Sungjong, he put three hearts. ♥ They were also the only ones that wished him a happy birthday so far, AND it was at around 1 in the morning. Sungyeol tweeted five minutes after L did (I know because I get their tweets sent to my phone...L tweeted at 8 AM [my timezone] and Sungyeol's tweet was at 8:05 AM) bahahaha I'm such a stalker...SHAMELESS.

“What…” Hwayoung muttered as she stood against the wall. What was her brother doing at school? He was supposed to be at home…at dance practice…and here he was, strolling through school with two bodyguards. There was no way that she could approach him and ask why, because those bodyguards would spill her secret right away.

            When she’d left home, Sungyeol was just moping around drinking coffee. There was no way that he could’ve gotten ready that quickly…okay, there was, but why did Sungyeol do it?

            “Oh, Hwayoung, what’re you doing here?”

            Hwayoung turned around to find herself facing Sungjong. She let out a breath of relief, her back still against the wall. “It’s only you…”

            Sungjong had a slight look of disappointment that Hwayoung didn’t notice, but he still stood there waiting for her to answer his question.

            “Well – “ Hwayoung froze, staring before her. Sungjong. He was right there. He was talking to her. He asked her a question. Oh. My. Freaking. God.

            “Hwayoung?”

            He knew her name. Well, of course, but he was actually in front of her, saying her name. He was talking to her. On his own.

            “Um…are you okay?”

            He was asking if she was okay. He cared if she was okay. Or maybe he didn’t, but he was still asking. That meant something, right?”

            “Hwayoung…”

            “What?” She snapped out of her daze for a second and gulped. “U – uh…L – lee Sungyeol…”

            “Huh?” Sungjong looked over the wall to find Lee Sungyeol, with two bodyguards, putting something in his locker. He smiled, knowing that Hwayoung was as big of a fan as he was. “Oh, yeah. Well, of course, seeing as he goes to our school.”

            Hwayoung nodded furiously, her face going dark red. “Yo – he looks really good today…”

            Sungjong let out another smile. “Of course, doesn’t Lee Sungyeol look good all the time?”

            He didn’t catch my mistake, Hwayoung thought. Pfft, why the freak would she care if Sungyeol looked good today? She saw him everyday, especially in his worst states. He definitely did not look good ‘all the time’. Sungjong, on the other hand…God, she just wanted to jump around looking at him. He always looked perfect. Every single little detail about him screamed perfection. It just…he was…UGH HE WAS FREAKING PERFECT, THAT WAS ALL THERE WAS TO IT.

            “Are you okay, Hwayoung?”

            Nope. Not at all.

 

“Are you sure that there’s no new student?”

            “I’m sorry, but there are absolutely not records of us having a new student,” the secretary shrugged. “Foreigner or not. We haven’t had a new student since Lee Sungyeol arrived.”

            She let out a little squirm in her seat, in which Hoya just rolled his eyes. “Look, -

            “Yes, I’m very sure, sir.”

            Hoya felt the necklace jiggling in his pocket…JD. He said he was a new student. But there was no new students…seriously, what was this?

            “Can we go yet, hyung?” Myungsoo asked, nudging Hoya.

            “Yeah,” he muttered back, still eyeing the secretary. “Let’s go…”

            When the two of them were outside of the office, Hoya said, “But he told me that he was a new student! Look, the necklace!”

            Myungsoo took it in his hands, looking at it carefully. He knew who it was. It was Dongwoo’s – the boy left that necklace everywhere, especially in the recording studio. Myungsoo had found it countless amount of times when he was in the booth; Jonghyun just told him that it was Dongwoo’s and that he would give it to him later.

            “It’s a very unique necklace,” Myungsoo answered, handing it back. No matter how much he wanted to tell his best friend who it was, he couldn’t. “Are there any JD’s at our school?”

            Hoya shook his head; he’d already checked for that. He didn’t know why he was searching for this person…was it because he wanted to hand the necklace back? No, that wasn’t it. If it was, he would’ve just left it in the lost-and-found. There was just something about the guy that made Hoya want to find him.

 

“Hi, I’m –“

            “I don’t like you.”

            “Well, I’m –“

            “I still don’t like you.”

            “He’s not listening to me!” Woohyun complained, pointing at Sunggyu.

            “Sunggyu-ah,” Jonghyun said, trying not to laugh. “You need to be nice, okay? He’s going to be your new partner.”

            “…But I don’t want him as my new partner. I don’t like him.”

            “Hyung!” Woohyun whined, jumping to sit next to Sunggyu. “Why don’t you like me? I like you!”

            “You know very well why I don’t like you,” Sunggyu grumbled, tugging his arm from Woohyun’s grip. “Don’t touch me.”

            “HYUNG!” Woohyun cried. He turned back to Jonghyun, who was biting his cheeks to prevent him from cracking up. “Tell hyung that I’m sorry. I didn’t know it would hurt him that much.”

            “Sunggyu, he’s –“

            “I HEARD HIM.”

            “Then why –“

            “I DON’T LIKE HIM.”

 

“…And here is your test grade!” Mr. Cho smiled as he handed Sungyeol his test back. “Good job! You raised it by one percentage!”

            Sungyeol just stared at it. ing 49%. YAY, HE RAISED IT FROM AN F…TO AN F.

            His teachers were always like this to him – always nice, always smiling. They had so much respect for him because he was an idol, but still went to school. They didn’t know if he actually tried his best, but they respected him for actually attending.

            But he didn’t want ing ‘respect’. He wanted a teacher that would push him to his hardest, that would yell and punish him whenever he got an F, which was all the time. That would actually teach him something, and not say that it was ‘okay’ when he gave them a petty excuse. He threw his head on the desk, keeping the tears back.

            Nobody understood. Nobody knew why he tried so hard in school, why he wanted to strive for his best. Why he wanted to get a good grade so bad. His friends, Dongwoo and Sunggyu, they seriously always questioned Sungyeol as to why he wanted to go to school. His sisters never could figure out why, either.

            Looking on, a few rows away, was Myungsoo. He’d gotten another 100%, so he didn’t bother scanning over his test. Instead, his eyes were on Sungyeol. The pop star had his bodyguards surrounding him, but if one had bothered to carefully look, it was obvious that he was crying. His body was shivering and shaking every few seconds and muffled sounds came out of him.

            Myungsoo knew why. It was another bad grade for Sungyeol. He hated the boy, hated him enough to kill, but he had a small soft spot of Lee Sungyeol. Two years ago. Two years ago when Sungyeol had rose to fame, Jonghyun had told him why he was doing this to both Myungsoo and Sungyeol. That day, the conversation that he would never forget.

 

~flashback~ [cue After School’s Flashback]

 

“I hate him. That’s all there is to it.”

            Jonghyun didn’t say anything back, because he knew that Myungsoo had every right to hate Sungyeol. “Myungsoo-ah…don’t.”

            “Don’t what?”

            “Don’t hate him…”

            “What? Why the can’t I hate him?!” Myungsoo demanded. He took his earphones off and walked out of the recording studio.

            “Hate me instead.”

            “What…but…”

            “Myungsoo. You know that I was the one that forced you to do this, alright? Not Sungyeol.”

            “But Sungyeol agreed to do it,” Myungsoo said as he sat down on the couch. “He agreed to take my voice. To lie to everybody.”

            Jonghyun sighed, throwing Myungsoo and cold water bottle. “Even if he didn’t agree to it, I would’ve made him.”

            Myungsoo just looked at Jonghyun, then at the water bottle. This man, he cared so much about everybody. Then…”Why? You said you cared about me. You cared about Sungyeol. Why are you doing this, then?”

            Jonghyun was quiet, pondering for a second. “You know how Sungyeol is, Myungsoo. He’s happy. He’s cheerful. Everybody loves his attitude. He can brighten up the day and make everybody smile.”

            “And?”

            “Sungyeol…no matter how hard he tries to keep it hidden, he can’t smile on his own. He couldn’t, for years. His eyes always had this hallow look in them, and it really hurt to see him like that. He would have this fake smile plastered on his face whenever he made a representative from another company laugh. I didn’t know what was wrong with him for the longest time, why he would do this…and then a while later, Fei told me.

            “Sungyeol thought that he wasn’t good at anything. The only thing he could do was make people laugh, so he always did that. He failed in everything he tried…his singing couldn’t amount to Fei’s, no mater how good it was. It was simply too soft. His rapping couldn’t amount to Hwayoung’s, either. He would lose breath too quickly.”

            Myungsoo thought about the rap in Cover Girl. It was the only part of the song that he hadn’t taken part of – Sungyeol recorded that. He remembered how people were always  noticing that his rapping voice and his singing voice were so different.

            “So I did this for him. It was the first time, Myungsoo, the first time I saw a true smile on his face. He had fans, ones that were telling him that he was amazing. He knew that he was lying to himself, but he got a few seconds of pure happiness. It’s like taking a drug…you get a few minutes of high, but then when you come back down, it hurts even more. Sungyeol knew this, but he still took it because he wanted a moment of happiness. Afterwards, when it was over, he would hurt even more because he knew that he was just lying and kidding everybody.”

 

~end flashback~ [3 minutes something seconds later and After School’s Flashback is over]

 

That was why. Why Sungyeol worked so hard in school.

            Myungsoo clenched his fist, knowing that he couldn’t let Sungyeol get to his mind. The boy wanted to actually have something he was good at, and the only thing left, was school. And he couldn’t even reach that goal, either.

 

THERE. NOW YOU KNOW WHY SUNGYEOL DOES WHAT HE DOES. NO, YOU STILL DON'T KNOW WHY MYUNGSOO AGREED TO IT. BUT HE STILL DOES IT. :) and Woogyu met~~ sorry for no Dongwoo :( AND SUNGJONG APPEARED.

COMMENT REPLIES~~

@LollipopGirl01: right? :P and he's just strange. That's all there is to it XDD

@inspirit-kay: LOOOOOL I HAVE TO DO SO MANY THINGS XDDD AND YES. 'cause YaDong is meant to be♥

@KyuWookBiasedStalker: yes, yes he does. :P naw. XDD ICAN'TRAGETYPETHATWELLBECAUSEI'MTYPINGONAKEYBOARDBUTWHATEVERRRRR. Dongwoo and Sunggyu XDD pfft dude. If I had Myungsoo as my cleaning guy, whether or NOT he makes things shiny, I WOULD PAY HIM, LIKE, A BAJILLION DOLLARS A NANOSECOND if I had the money. No, he's not :3 poor Myungie♥

@BalancedCuppyCake: HAHAHAHHA OF COURSE I WASN'T. LAWLS right. ;DD mhhhhhhhhmmmm *snaps fingers like those diva ish AfricanAmerican women do* HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE WILL I MAKE AN ANGSTY ENDING? :DDDD I CAN. *chuckles evilly* WELL THEN MEET PARK GYURI. she's the evil woman that will ruin everybody's lives, YC or HMS. OKAY ALRIGHT I'M NOT FUNNY, GOSH. NO NEED TO SHOVE IT IN MY FACE.

@A-Tea-Spoon: ♥ ahah did you like it? ^^

@shersalazy: ahaha do you♥ :DDD YES. HE WILL SOMEHOW MANAGE TO MAKE HIM GO >:D

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: I dun know if that was a good reason, BUT NOW YOU KNOW! :D really? LOLOL I THOUGHT IT WAS A FAIL >.> XDD I updated ^^

@asdfghjklomg: hehe ^^ *you die because my singing is, hands down, the worst thing you have ever heard*

@kpoplover_junebug: XDD I'm glad you liked it~~♥

@kpopluv7: LOL YES. >;D no, it's one-sided hate ;PP REALLY? YOU DO? ~~ AWW THANK YOU SO MUCHH!! *lol stupid me for not knowing how to diffrentiate between sarcasm and non sarcasm...* Thank you!♥

10? AWW IT'S A RECORD~~♥ thank you guys :) 

BECUASE IT'S MY AMAZING JONGIE'S BIRTHDAY. HERE IS A RANT FOR YOU GUYS. ABOUT SUNGJONG. THAT I ACTUALLY WROTE ON MY OTHER STORY BUT WILL PUT IT HERE BECAUSE MY LOVE FOR SUNGJONG BELONGS EVRAYWHEREEEEEE.

 

OH gosh I don't even know how to start. Sungjong, you are the most amazing little maknae ever. You're (one of my) biase(s) in INFINITE, and for good reasons, too. The way you play the piano is just so absolutely AMAZING. I love how you're prettier than I am, even if I'm an effing girl, and I'll admit that anytime. You have no idea how much my heart hurt when I found out that Sungjong was teased by s. He's so strong to be able to put up with it, and the members acknowledge that. I love this little diva maknae SO MUCH it hurts. The way he sings ballad songs, it literally breaks me apart. Whenever I see that smile on his face, my day literally brightens up. He's just so perfect. Do you know how deep my love for this guy is? INFINITE. FREAKING INFINITE. He's just...I don't even know how to describe it anymore. I remember when I made him my bias for the first time. My biases were already set as Myungsoo and Sungyeol after watching SUFBB and Sesame Player, but then Sungjong came in. I don't know, he gives you this feeling, like you're not alone. I don't know...like if I watch a video with him in it, I feel like there's eternal love just floating out of it. Whenever I saw a comment about Sungjong, I would just brighten up. Sure, he's third to MyungYeol [that's why I set my biases as 'MyungYeolJong] but you CAN'T SAY I love him any less. He's just...I LOVE THIS BOY, WITH ALL MY HEART. I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER AND EVER UNTIL THE WORLD ENDS. THAT'S ALL. 

[keke that was really, really long but I didn't know how to express my love for him. It's really  hard with Sungjong T.T] ♥