Chapter 16

He's My Soul

 

Suffered one of the most embarrassng moments of my life >///< so I ran back home and was like TYPETYPETYPE RAGE TYPE GET STUPID EVENT OUT OF MY HEAD...WHY AM I SO EMBARRASSING T^T

Sungyeol blinked, waking up. Lime wasn’t hugging him anymore, and the sky was black. A dark, pitch black.

               “Must’ve fallen asleep…” he muttered, sitting up straight. Sungyeol glanced into the cabin and sighed, seeing that lights were on. Meaning people were in there.

               Meaning Myungsoo was probably in there.

 

“My hurts…” Hoya whined, rubbing his rear end. He looked up to see Dongwoo’s weird look and immediately shook his head. “No! I mean, I’ve been sitting on my phone, and….yeah.”

               “Right,” Dongwoo said, slowly nodding his head.

               Rolling his eyes, Hoya just looked around the kitchen. They’d the lights a few minutes after Ara and Lime ran out of the cabin as if a hurricane had hit. “How long are we going to be here?”

               “I don’t know. I don’t really care, but – Oh .”

               “What?”

               Dongwoo hit his head against the table, awkward noises coming out of his mouth. “Jonghyun. Sungyeol’s concert is in two days. We’re not even supposed to be out…oh crap…this isn’t good.”

               “But it’s not –“

               “It’s Sungyeol’s. And I’m supposed to be practicing, too.” Dongwoo stood up, pacing back and forth. “I’ve had so many warnings so far, I swear, Jonghyun’s gonna kill me.”

               Hoya nodded, kicking his feet back and forth. “So what’re you going to do?”

               “I don’t know…” Then, all of a sudden, his face lit up. “Wait! There’s no way he can be mad at me, right? If I bring you back. If I tell him about our plan. You’re perfect – you’re the one he’s been waiting for! We can partner up right away, and –“

               “Oh, no.” Hoya shook his head, scooting to the back of the stool. “No – I’m not prepared. I only agreed to train with you and help you out, I didn’t say that I would –“

               “Oh c’mon, Hoya! You’re perfect! We practically have the same dancing skills. And I’m nearly 100% sure that you can sing. Please?”

               “I said no,” the younger male repeated. “No means no. I’m not going to do it.”

               “What? Why?”

               “He has stage fright.”

               Dongwoo whipped around, watching as the strange boy from before walked into the kitchen. “Wait…what did you say?”

               Immediately, Hoya bounced off his seat and ran to Myungsoo, covering his mouth. He laughed weakly and said, “What…no. Pshh, Myungsoo’s a little out of his mind right now. He’s not sane. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

               Fighting off Hoya’s hand, Myungsoo kicked his leg. With a screech, the high school dancer let go. “Oh please, hyung. Don’t lie.” Turning to look at Dongwoo, he said again, “Hoya has stage fright. You put him in a crowd of over a hundred people, and he will burst.”

               Hoya could literally feel Dongwoo’s eyes judging him. He focused on his socked feet, moving them around. “It’s not stage fright…it’s just…I don’t like being in front of a large crowd of people…”

               “That’s stage fright, hyung.”

               “Nobody asked for your help,” Hoya sneered. “Aish, why are you even here?! Go play with Sungyeol or something!”

               “Wait, no, no!” Dongwoo laughed, pulling back Myungsoo as Hoya pushed the youngest boy away. “I wanna hear the story. About how this amazing dancer and president of the dance club suffers from stage fright.”

               Myungsoo giggled, watching Hoya’s face burn bright red from the compliment. As his face began to fall, he looked back at Dongwoo. “Ask Hoya hyung to tell you himself. We don’t need any more complications in this place.”

 

“.”

               Through her stained eyes, Ara looked up from the back seat. “Why? What happened?”

               “Traffic,” Lime answered, cursing a bit more. “I think the reporters figured out where the place was…there’s an entire jam here.”

               Ara didn’t answer, just staring at the unconscious boy laid in her lap. “Please get out of here quickly, Lime…he looks so…pale.”

               “I don’t think we can make it to the pharmacy in time.” Lime bit her nails, the other hand drumming on the steering wheel. “No…we can’t. They’d be too suspicious of us.”

               “Oh God, those men are monsters…” Ara leaned her head back, her hands still tightened around Sunggyu’s. His head was placed on her lap, and the rest of his limp body was resting on the backseat. “Did…did you call Fei Unnie yet?”

               “Yeah. Says that she’s going to take Woohyun out to get something to eat and bring some food back to the cabin.”

               “C-can you tell her to buy the medicine?”

               “Really, now?” Lime gave Ara a sarcastic look from the rearview mirror. “She’s Fei Lee. There’s no way she’d be able to go into the pharmacy without being questioned and bombarded with paparazzi.”

               “I don’t even know what’s wrong with Sunggyu! I knew I should’ve taken that extra medical elective back in college…”

               Lime pulled her car into a brake when she heard the scream from the backseat. “What?! Unnie, what happened?!”

               “He’s moving, Lime! Sunggyu, he’s waking –“

               “, cover his eyes!”

               “What?”

               “Cover his eyes!” Lime repeated, running a red light.

               “What – why?!” Either way, though, Ara shut Sunggyu’s eyes with her hand. His feet shuffled a little, and a slight murmur escaped from his mouth.

               “He’s disoriented right now,” Lime explained. She looked through all he windows, making sure there weren’t any cops watching. “What’s he going to think about waking up with two random, strange women in a car?”

               “Not too good,” Ara admitted. Her hand loosened on Sunggyu’s, in turn the other hand gripping his face tighter. “Please, hurry up! Before he wakes up and gets enough strength to kill the both of us.”

 

“You sure?”

               “For the last time, I’m sure.” Fei took a sip out of the drink she was sharing with Woohyun, and proceeded to drive through another three red lights.

               “Is…is he okay?”

               “I don’t know yet. We have to wait until we get back to the cabin. We’ll all meet up there.”

               “Who else is there?”

               “Where?”

               “The ‘cabin’?”

               “Oh, just Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Howon, and – oh .” Fei’s eyes widened, taking her eyes off the road for a split second in order to grab her purse.

               “What? What’s wrong?” Woohyun asked, forgetting about his questions about who “Myungsoo” and “Howon” were.

               “They’re there!” Fei screamed. She grabbed her phone, dialing a number as she stopped at a red light for the first time in the entire road trip. “Alone! Ara and Lime went to get Sunggyu, that means nobody’s with the boys! Oh God, I really hope none of them are outside right now…”

 

“No!” Hoya protested, taking another step away. “I am not going to tell you about my stage fright. It’s stupid.”

               “Oh, c’mon! Please? Because I seriously can’t imagine a guy like you having –“ Dongwoo stopped, being interrupted with his phone ringing. He gave Hoya a ‘wait’ look, and pulled it out, really hoping that it wasn’t another call from Jonghyun.

               It wasn’t.

               “Noona?” Dongwoo paused a bit, a weird look beginning to occupy his face. Starting to get worried, Hoya walked closer. “I’m fine. And Hoya’s here with me – oh, Myungsoo just came in a few minutes ago, hold up – MYUNGSOO!”

               A few steps, and the boy that Dongwoo had only seen twice in his entire life popped in. “What? Did Hoya hyung finally tell you about that one time he tripped over a –“

               “No!” Hoya cried. “So shut up!”

               Dongwoo laughed, mentally taking note to ask Hoya about that. “No. You’re okay, right?”

               Myungsoo looked down his body, then back up. “I’m pretty sure I’m fine. Why?”

               Nodding, Dongwoo turned back to his cell phone. “Yeah, he’s fine. Huh? No, I haven’t seen him – give me a second.” He looked back up at Myungsoo. “Sungyeol’s with you, right?”

               “What? No. He ran out to the backyard a few hours ago.”

               Dongwoo repeated this into the phone, only to get cussed out by Fei. From across the room, Myungsoo cringed. Fei really was loud.

               “Go find Sungyeol.”

               Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed, about to backfire when Dongwoo interrupted him again.

               “Now. Fei’s pissed off.”

               From the phone, Myungsoo could hear, “ YOU KIM MYUNGSOO. GO FIND SUNGYEOL AND BRING HIM INSIDE NOW OR I SWEAR I’LL STRANGLE THE LIVING SHIZZUS OUT OF YOU.”

               “But –“

               “AND IF YOU CAN’T FIND HIM, I SWEAR, YOU WILL BE KILLED BY THE END OF TODAY.”

               Myungsoo figured that was a good enough reason to.

 

Debating with himself whether or not he should actually go to look for the (fake) pop star or just step outside and step back inside, Myungsoo stood in front of the door.

               He tried screaming Sungyeol’s name one more time, only to get a shout from Dongwoo about how a pissed off Fei would murder him.

               Myungsoo finally stepped off the back porch and stumbled around the dark night. “Sungyeol? You here?”

               No response. Obviously not, since he was whispering.

               He took a few more steps to the right and, seeing a shadowed figure, let out a sigh of relief. “Sungyeol…”

               “Why’re you even here?”

               That, for sure, was Sungyeol. Myungsoo walked a few more steps. “Come back inside. Your sister says it isn’t safe for you to be out here alone right now.”

               “Why?” A nervous laugh came out of Myungsoo. “If I get kidnapped, you’d be happy, right? No more need to waste your life on me.”

               That’s actually true, Myungsoo admitted in his mind. “Let’s go.”

               “Just leave me alone. I’m surprised you even want to talk to me.”

               I don’t. “Let’s just go inside now, okay, Sungyeol?”

               “Don’t you hate me?”

               “Sungyeol. Inside. We’ll talk in there, alright?”

               “You wanna know something?”

               Seriously, this guy was mental. “No, Sungyeol. I’m just here to bring you inside. I don’t need, or want, to know anything about you.”

               Sungyeol felt his heart give another large pound. He just stared at the half moon, not sure whether or not to look up at Myungsoo. His mind felt weird, and he kind of had a…stupid feeling. Myungsoo’s voice was exactly like his singing voice.

               Why had he not noticed it before?

               “You hate me, don’t you?”

               “If I say yes, will you shut up and come inside?”

               “No.”

               “Why do you even need my approval about you? Whether or not I hate you, you’re still going to keep strolling around stealing my voice. My opinion doesn’t even matter anymore. So just stop talking, and come inside.”

               Myungsoo was almost positive that that would make Sungyeol come inside. He turned around and took a step forward, when he heard Sungyeol’s voice again.

               “That’s not true.”

 

Guys. Me no good at dramatic events. I hope ya'll realize that LOL. 

I DIDN'T HAVE THE HEART TO MAKE SUNGGYU SUFFER MORE THAN HE ALREADY DID.

AND LIKE. LIKE. LIKE. I have stage fright LOL. Hoya doesn't. Let's pretend he does, alright? At least now you know YaDong's back story. *shrugs*

Pshaw, oblivious Fei. Myungyeol's last, no need to worry right now ;D

BYEBYE. HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT MONDAY EVEN THOUGH MONDAYS AREN'T ALL THAT GREAT BECAUSE...school. >.>