Chapter 39

He's My Soul

 

LOL HEY GUISE. HIIIII. HEY. HI.<3

um one year timeskip chapter. sorry it took so long :/ it's honestly been so long, I don't even remember writing this anymore xD it's the entire editing thing that takes forever because I'm just like...you know that feeling you get when you don't want to read your own writing? like it's so bad you just cringe as you read each word? yeah. that.

no but I honestly apologize. I don't really even remember writing this anymore, so like, hahaaaaaa...and there's a really long a/r at the end so like uh yeah. don't die on me yet :3

One year is a long time, Myungsoo thinks as he looks at the photos aligning the hallway. 72 weeks. 365 days. 8706 hours. 525600 seconds.

                And they all flash by so fast because where he is right now, time means nothing.

                When it goes through his mind again, this is exactly how he believed heaven – a paradise, really – would be like. The days seem repeated. Everything seems to go slowly. The only thing keeping one going (even though there was no end to this; you’d keep going for an eternity) is a certain spark in their world.

                Most importantly, though, was that everybody was silent. Because silence was the essence to everything, because you couldn’t bring silence out of nothing and since in reality this was all a nothing, the only way to bring silence to it was being silent.

                Nobody talks.

                And because nobody talks, nobody listens.

                Words get lost after never being used, silences evolves into depression, and depression is life. Life meaning an infinite number of lives, at least where this is placed.

               

“And next week,” the woman announcer declares, “is Nam Woohyun’s long awaited comeback! Is everybody excited? Well, it’s also the first of all Lee Entertainment artists to come back after the disappearance of Kim Sunggyu, also known as the other half of WS, which will never happen, obviously, because of…“

                The TV droned off as Sunggyu walked away to his kitchen, opening the fridge and taking out a water bottle because dammit Woohyun drank all the apple juice again.

                “He has his own house,” the man muttered to himself, “but does he ever go there? NOOOOOO of course not, he insists on taking my food. Makes sense, Nam, makes total sense.”

                He always said that even though he himself knew very well that there wasn’t another place he’d want Woohyun to be. Here, with him, because he couldn’t go anywhere else.

                Missing.

                It took Sunggyu more than just twelve months to embrace it. It would take him more than twelve months, actually, since twelve months already passed. He was missing. He wasn’t on this planet – no, wait, he was. It was just that now, instead of being Kim Sunggyu, the famous ballad singer from Lee Entertainment, he was Kim Sunggyu, the one idol that’s been missing for a year ever since he got high and got caught red-handed.

                “Oh yeah, fantastic, just eat all the ramen while you’re at it,” Sunggyu said sarcastically when he dug through his cupboard for any instant food.

                He still couldn’t fully blame Woohyun, though, because the apartment was under his name anyways. The food bought was under his name, everything was, so essentially, he had all the rights to take it.

                When Sunggyu deemed that there was no more edible food in his kitchen, he went back into the living room, curled up on the couch, turned the TV channel to some old drama rerun, and waited for Woohyun to come visit.

                That was usually what a normal day in Sunggyu’s life consisted of, anyways. The only interesting thing that ever happened to him was what had happened everyday – sometime around 8 PM, some days earlier and some days later. He always came, though, there wasn’t a doubt in Sunggyu’s mind that Woohyun would always come.

                Foodless or completely full, debuting or retiring, it was all the same to Sunggyu as he sat himself on a chair behind him and smiled.

 

“Hey Myungsoo,” Sungyeol called out of habit, “what rhymes with love? Because, like, I thought of shove, but that doesn’t really work well. It would be, like, “There’s lots of things about you I love, but some things I’d rather shove”. Like, does that make any sense to you? Because I don’t think it does to me.”

                He felt warm arms slowly embracing his shoulders, and a cheek touched his. Slowly, one of the hands unraveled from the crossed arms, reached over to Sungyeol’s notepad, grabbed a hold of the pen, and scribbled something towards the bottom of the paper.

                “‘There’s a guy that I really love’”,” Sungyeol read aloud, his eyebrows beginning to raise slowly, “‘but sometimes he needs a really big shove.’”

                The hands settled back behind him and the body regained its rightful position, and the songwriter could feel the lips pressed against his neck forming into a smile.

                “Myungsoo,” Sungyeol whined, shaking his shoulders as he turned his body a full 180 degrees, forcing the younger boy off him. “That’s not very nice.”

                Myungsoo, arms now awkwardly laying by his sides, allowed another little grin to appear. Then he shrugged.

                That was it – a shrug. That’s all it was, yet it still meant the world to Sungyeol. So he did a few more of the shoulder pushes until the corners of his boyfriend’s lips were finally pulled up all the way.

                “Maybe you should get into songwriting too,” Sungyeol beamed, moving around in the chair until he was facing Myungsoo, his legs stretched out around the back of the chair. “I could write, like, the happy songs and you can write the revengeful breakup songs. Like Taylor Swift. OOOOOOOH, you could be the next Taylor Swift!”

                Myungsoo just stood and watched as Sungyeol hugged the back of his chair, laughing so hard he was about to cry. The smile on either of their lips didn’t waver at all – Sungyeol’s only seemed to grow bigger. And the bigger it got, the more it made Myungsoo want to cry in utter perfection.

                It didn’t matter whether or not he could talk. His boyfriend had told him before, feelings didn’t come from the throat. It came from the heart, the vocal chords was only a petty way to communicate those feelings. Whoever relied on words for love simply didn’t deserve it, whoever relied on a tone, be it affectionate or rough or even shy, didn’t understand it.

                Actions speak louder than words, and even if Myungsoo never understood the saying before, he was living it now.

 

“We’re after Woohyun, you know.”

                Hoya’s facial expressions hardened as he felt his cold sweat run down his frozen neck. “Please stop,” he spoke out in a strangled voice.

                “Stop what?” Dongwoo grinned, grabbing a cold water bottle from the cooler in the corner of the practice room. Hoya’s eyes looked everywhere but at him – which didn’t work out very well since the entire room was filled with mirrors and, inevitably, Dongwoo.

                “You know what I mean,” Hoya squeaked. “I don’t wanna think about it. Debuting.”

                “Oh c’mon, we’ve had this talk a million times! You’ll do fine – there’s a reason Fei chose you to become a trainee. See, you didn’t even have to audition!”

                “Fei chose me because she owes me,” the younger boy softened, relieved at the change of subject and the notion of a familiar name.

                “And because you’re really good. I mean, even if Jonghyun was still the CEO, he’d choose you!”

                “But he’s not,” Hoya felt the need to point out.

                “Not his fault he was shunned by the public,” Dongwoo shrugged. “Frankly, I’ve always thought there was something off about him. Guess I was wrong, but it still feels better knowing that Fei’s our CEO.”

                “I just feel more safe knowing that she now has a chauffer. I mean, she was bound to get a ticket someday.”

               

“You’re kidding me!” Fei screamed, throwing her hands on the steering wheel before lowering her sunglasses and glaring at the police officer. “Sixteen years! Sixteen ing years I’ve been spending doing this, and now you jerks decide to catch me?! And in my most important time?! Dammit you, I have a court hearing to go to!”

                Without thinking of the consequences, the woman flung off her sunglasses as she reached through the open window of her car and grabbed the cop’s collar.

                “Listen to me,” she hissed into his ear, pretending not the notice how red his cheeks were getting, “I heard what song was playing in your radio. Jang Dongwoo’s pre-debut release. You know he’s debuting soon, right? Yeah, and I have complete and total access to his debut stage. You wanna get a hand on those tickets? You let me go.”

                The police officer immediately took the action to back away a few steps, shaking his head furiously. “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but under the law –“

                “Law, shmaw,” Fei waved her hand. “Look, I’ll throw in some free Nam Woohyun CD’s at it. Good? Yes? Now hurry up and let me go so I have enough time to see Onew get thrown in prison!”

 

“Why do I feel like she’s using us,” Hoya said after a few moments of silence.

                “She probably is,” Dongwoo agreed. He capped his water bottle after taking a sip, throwing it to Hoya. “But who cares, she already let us have the entire next week off.”

                “Yeah?” the other asked, raising his eyebrows as he opened the bottle.

                “Yep. You know what that means.”

                After taking a good sip, Hoya guessed, “Ice cream all week and get fat?”

                Dongwoo paused for a second, thinking. “Well. Yeah, I guess that could be included – but our date! That’s what needs to happen. After everything through all of last year and this year and practicing for everything, we haven’t had enough time to reschedule our date. Which, if I should add, was your fault that we had to even reschedule.”

                “It wasn’t my fault!” Hoya shrieked defensively. “I was knocked unconscious!”

                “Excuses,” Dongwoo snorted. “Either way, you can pay back for standing me up by having a totally awesome date with me – along with the added fact that we can both debut without you nagging about some weird phobia.”

                “Hyung! You’re kidding me, right? I wasn’t even in my right state of mind – hey, don’t leave me! I’m talking to you here – hey! I have STAGE FRIGHT. I WILL THROW UP IF I STAND ON STAGE IF I SEE PEOPLE. Hyung!”

                “Call me when you get back to the dorm!” Dongwoo shouted out as he shut the door of the practice room.

 

“…and then he tells me no, he wants sparkly suits!” Ara complained exasperatedly, throwing herself on the couch. “Like, what kind of person has that many demands! And honestly, don’t even forget the whale suit that he wanted.”

                “You should be lucky,” Lime chuckled, leaning her back against the countertop table as she watched her best friend kick her feet in the ear. “Dongwoo says that he wants pink hair for their debut. For goodness sake’s, pink hair! As if the blue wasn’t enough – and he didn’t even go in public with that hair!”

                “You know what I think would be funny?” the older girl giggled in a manner that made Lime think that she could possibly be high. “What if Woohyun dyed his hair pink. Hahhhhh, his fans and Sunggyu would kill him.”

                “Sunggyu!” Lime cried as if it was the first time even remembering the name. “Gosh, I haven’t seen him in forever! With being YaDong’s manager and all –“

                “Yadong?!” Ara shrieked, sitting up straight. Her face conveyed complete worry and she looked all around the dorm room. “Lime! What’s gotten into you –“

                “YaDong as in Hoya and Dongwoo, you idiot unnie.” Lime walked until she reached the table, leaning over it.

                “For God’s sake, you scared me for a second there. I actually thought…ohmyGod, you seriously freaked me out.” When the mid-second fright of it died down a bit, Ara shot her a look.

                “And you don’t think being Woohyun’s manager is bad? You should see the things he makes me do! I already told you about the whale suit, right? And the sparkly one? It doesn’t stop at that – oh, no, you see, he asked me if I could break down all the walls in his dorm room so it could be this freaking huge place and he could run around everywhere. Like, are you kidding me here?!”

                “Just tell Sunggyu to calm him down,” Lime shrugged. “It always works.”

                “Uh huh, he’ll listen to a boyfriend that he’s had in, like, a year over a manager he’s had since he debuted? That’s just not right. Not right, it tell you. Definitely not.”

                “What can you do with that? Whenever I want something from Dongwoo, I always make Hoya ask for it.”

                “And what happens with you want Hoya to do something?”

                “Oh, I just threaten him by saying I could force a surprise pre-debut fanmeet on him. Works like a charm.”

 

“Your makeup collection .”

                “Well gee, I’m sorry if I don’t like spreading junk on my face as a hobby,” Hwayoung spat out sarcastically. She was leaned back on her bed, body sprawled as she flipped through a magazine with Woohyun’s face smack on the cover.

                “You’re a girl! You should at least have decent – oh you’re kidding me.” Sungjong grabbed an eyebrow pencil from her drawer, raising it up to eye level. “I bought you this as a joke from a department story last year. Why on earth do you still have it?! Do you actually use it?”

                “When I need an eyebrow pencil, yeah,” his girlfriend replied, as if it were the most obvious thing on the planet.

                “Hwayoung! It’s from a department store!”

                “I don’t care!”

                “You’re hopeless, my God, you’re hopeless,” Sungjong muttered. He laid the eyebrow pencil back as he walked over next to Hwayoung’s bed, shutting his eyes close as he pointed to the lids.

                “Look at it,” he directed her.

                “At what?” she asked, annoyed as she settled her magazine down in her lap.

                “My eyeliner! I purposely put it like this to see if you could get it right – the two of them are from different makeup brands. Which one’s which?”

                Hwayoung’s eyebrows furrowed, her mind completely blown. “The ? How on earth do you expect me to know that?”

                “My God, you are hopeless!” Sungjong flung open his eyes, grabbing her right index finger as he pointed to his left eye. “This is Maybelline.” He then shoved it to the other eye. “And this is CoverGirl. I can’t believe you couldn’t recognize the difference!”

                “Isn’t CoverGirl…for girls?”

                “Well your deodorant’s for guys but that doesn’t stop you from using it, does it?” Sungjong snapped back.

                “For the last time, stop using that against me! I already told you, it was only once in the seventh grade when I had to steal Sungyeol’s deodorant. Geez, you judgmental person.”

                “I’m only judgmental with people that can’t tell the differences between which eyeliner’s which. And for your information, the Maybelline one was brown! BROWN! How could you not guess that?”

                “I didn’t even know they made brown eyeliner,” Hwayoung commented, her nose wrinkling up.

                Fed up, Sungjong threw his hands in the air and collapsed on the ground beside her bed. “That’s it! I give up! I don’t even know why I’m dating you anymore!”

                “You love me,” Hwayoung managed to laugh beneath her breath.

 

“One year since then, right?” Alice asked gently, her voice shuddering a little.

                “One year,” her husband repeated, coming up next to her as he put a hand over hers. “One year since he went missing.”

                Alice’s free hand clasped onto the other side of Baekho’s shirt. She forced herself not to cry, for that’s all she had been doing since her baby, her sunshine, somehow magically vanished from the face of the earth. “I knew…I knew it, I knew I should’ve called him when I got the chance. When the rumors started going out…”

                “There’s nothing we could’ve done,” the usually tough man said, ignoring the lump in his throat. He resulted to slowly patting his wife’s hair down in attempt to distract himself from thinking about his lost son.

                “I hate myself for letting him audition!” Alice weeped, “I hate myself for thinking that he could survive, even with his condition –“

                “He didn’t have a condition,” Baekho softly said before lowly chuckling. “Except suffering from you babying him too much, that is.”

                “But still! I shouldn’t –“

                “Don’t hurt yourself over this, it wasn’t your fault. All we have to do is pray that he’s in a better place right now, okay? I’m sure Sunggyu could…he could survive. I taught him well.”

                “No,” Alice corrected, wiping a tear away, “remember when you brought him on that camping trip?”

                “In the fifth grade? And we came back a day later?”

                “Actually, it was about four hours. And it took two hours just to drive there, so how long did you guys survive there for exactly?”

                “Maybe…five minutes,” Baekho concluded, nodding his head. “Sunggyu flipped out after seeing a snake.”

                “Yeah,” Alice laughed, and it wasn’t until then that the first tear dropped. “Y-yeah…”

                “We miss you, Sunggyu,” Baekho whispered, bringing his wife closer as he buried his mouth into the top of her hair. “We love you. We hope you’re doing great.”

                “I hope somebody’s taking damn good care of my baby,” Alice said despite herself.

                And somewhere in that cruel world, her wish was answered because it was precisely 7:58 PM when Nam Woohyun knocked on their son’s front door with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

 

“Are you proud of yourself?” Luna asked crudely. The lights were all dimmed throughout the large, empty house and nobody was there besides her and her husband. “Are you happy?”

                Minho’s eyes started straight into the window behind his wife, into the night as if expecting his eldest son to stumble pass and lazily unlock the door, greeting him with a simple bow and a, “Hello, Father.”

                He waited for four minutes and thirty one seconds before looking back at the table, keeping his eyes away from Luna and at the ripped envelope in the center.

                Four thousand dollars in USD. All in cash. All laying right there, just waiting for somebody to pick it up.

                Luna’s eyes glazed over the note paper-clipped onto the money, swallowed, then crossed her arms. She could only look at the ground in regret and disgust – disgust at herself because she had nobody else to blame.

                ‘This is the money for the hospital bill you had to pay a year ago. Sorry. I know it’s not enough, but I hope that’s good enough for this year. I’ll try to pay the rest off by the end of this month…sorry for burdening you. I’m sorry. I hope you forgive me.

 

I’m sorry for not telling you sooner. Losing my voice forever is little compared to lying to the woman and man who conceived me into this world. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.

 

Tell Sungjong the stock market planning for the next six years is hidden underneath my mattress. Thank you.

 

- Myungsoo.’

 

                “He doesn’t know you sold the business, does he?” Luna’s asked, her raspy voice echoing.

                “No,” Minho replied.

 

was that confusing? probably. i'll lay it all down for you but let me add one thing in: there's a lack of explaining between myungyeol and yadong because next chapter's gonna be a full on myungyeol chapter just basically explaining everything. and then yadong has their own sub-story (I guess? idk LOL) that I wrote just dedicated to what happened to them since I couldn't really find space to put it in this story. [He's Just Shy (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/381173/he-s-just-shy-dongwoo-hoya-infinite-yadong) - it's not updated yet lol]

okay now to the explaining; 

myungsoo's mute. if you didn't get it in the last chapter, when onew shot him, he shot towards the left and not the center because the center is his spinal cord. If he was shot there, he probably would've died right away (since there's a bundle of nerves or whatnot there) and he'd be paralyzed for life basically. so yes EVEN THOUGH IT'S PROBABLY MEDICALLY INCORRECT, what was shot was his vocal chords. they're damaged forevers and he can't talk.

sungyeol's a songwriter. that was already stated last chapter when he went totally crazy when myungsoo got shot.

sunggyu's "missing" aka, he never got found. yes, alice & baekho are his mom and dad respectively, and they're technically just moping over their missing son (sorry guise, I felt the need to add some parental stuffs in to make it somewhat more realistic). the only people that know where he is are the gang (ya know). so yeah.

woohyun's solo-debuting by himself with Yoo Ara as his manager :D

yaDong are also debuting, though not yet, with Lime as their manager :D

hwajong are the only couple that stayed normal LOL. so yes.

minho sold the business. i'm not gonna elaborate on that because you can probably figure out why by yourself, so yeah. (and for the record, yes, sungjong still lives with minho&luna. myungsoo, on the other hand, already left to live with sungyeol but that'll be explained next chapter.)

onew got tried&thrown in prison, that's what the whole fei thing was about. errrr yes, jonghyun basically got slashed at by the public for having an artist that was getting all high on drugs then going missing, so he stepped down and fei took over. she still runs red lights but hey, this is fei we're talking about.

(pshh who knows where siwon and gyuri are. or even kwanghee. i'll leave that to your imagination.)

uhhhh am I missing anything? LOL i know this story's really confusing but please bear with me, there's only one chapter left and that's all you need to read of hms. <3 

if you have any questions or if I messed anything up (EXCEPT MEDICAL STUFFIES 'CAUSE I DUNT CARE OKAY I AM NOT A DOCTOR.) please tell meeeeeee. thanksyouuu~ hahaa

have a great wednesday, you guise. I have a math final to cram for on friday. derps. 

-cut in for a sec WAIT HMS HAS 171 SUBS GUISE OMFG THIS IS MY MOST SUBBED STORY /sobs well yeah<3 thank you so much for that! hahaaa though I won't be surprised to see the drop after this story ends. thanks anyways! and then the 18 upvotes too, you guise are the best :D I love youu!

[[c:17]]