Chapter 24

He's My Soul

 

 

Hey unsubscriber, I know my story , but can I still jam a baseball bat down your throat?

I think I'm gonna cry guise ;_; AFF got the better of me and now my writing format is like...this. I'm pretty sure my tabs and indents were annoying y'all anyways LOL. tell me which one is easier to read, because I REALLY don't want it to end up with the stupid random gaps like the previous chapters ;_; (thisissohard. like ;_; I actually have to enter now. and add squiggly lines.)

Sungyeol yawned, trying not to wake himself up. He had a ton of time to sleep – it was never like this back in his house, oh no, it was constant, vigorous training.

As he rolled himself in the blanket that was recently thrown over him, Sungyeol made a nice little wrap around himself. It was comfy and super warm, like how nice blankets should be.

He giggled a bit to himself, forgetting his thoughts to sleep. He kept rolling around the bed, then onto Myungsoo’s side…then onto the ground.

Oh crap.

~


“So…”

“So?”

“Aren’t you gonna…open the door?” Sungjong said, darting his eyes between Myungsoo and his only opening to the cabin.

Myungsoo gulped, staring straight before him. Sungjong was a rather…curious person. Would he start walking around the cabin and opening doors?

“Seriously, if you don’t, I’m going to call Mom and Dad and tell them –“

“Alright!” Myungsoo breathed in, and opened the door. Nobody was there, since Sunggyu had gone into Dongwoo’s room, and Sungyeol was probably dozing off.

Slowly, Sungjong walked in with Myungsoo carefully trailing behind him, closing the door.

“What is this place…” His voice trailed off, carefully letting his surroundings sink in. “Is this where you were last night?”

“…Yeah.”

“You slept here? By yourself?” Sungjong’s body whipped around, his shifty eyes glaring into Myungsoo’s.

“No…” Myungsoo thought for a second. “You can just imagine it, I can’t drive, how else would you have arrived here? There’s obviously somebody else with me.”

Sungjong blinked a bit, the couch before sitting on it. “And you expect me to stay here with you?”

“Something like that.”

“Why?”

“That isn’t really important right now, Jongie.” Myungsoo scratched his head a bit, sitting down next to his brother. “I’ll…explain it to you sometime later.”

“Later? But –“ Sungjong was interrupted when a loud, clear thud was heard from the room about three yards from where the couch was.

“MYUNGSOO!” The older boy heard his name being called by that dreaded voice. “I FELL OFF THE BED. AND I CAN’T GET UP.”

 

~


“Oh Lord…”

“Yeah, oh Lord is correct,” Dongwoo muttered. He let his best friend read the article again, the pictures traumatizing him the most.

“But…I didn’t…my life is over, isn’t it?”

“Something like that,” Dongwoo admitted. He handed Sunggyu a bottle of pills from the bedside table after seeing the older boy massage his temples again. “Don’t take it too hard on yourself…I don’t think the side effects have worn off yet.”

“Who the cares about side effects!” Sunggyu wailed, pushing Dongwoo’s hand away to bury his face into the pillow set on his left. “Jonghyun’s going to kill me, my parents are going to kill me…I can’t…I don’t. What am I going to do?!”

“It’s fake, we can just clear you name –“

“AND HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?!” Sunggyu screamed, sitting upright to stare at Dongwoo. “Clear my name?! The pictures are right there! I have no idea how long drugs stay in your blood, but I sure as heck know that if police come crashing in and tested my blood, I’d be known as a druggie!”

Dongwoo sighed, knowing that his hyung was correct. “We can clear your name if the people who did it admitted that they did that to you.”

“Oh, yeah, like we can actually figure out who did all that crap to me!”

“Ara and Lime know,” he said quietly. “And Woohyun does, too.”

That single word caught Sunggyu’s attention. “Woohyun? Woohyun knows?

As subtly as he could, Dongwoo nodded. “He was talking about it with Yoo Ara. I think Myungsoo’s starting to catch on, but I know for a fact that Hoya knows, too. But neither of them are willing to tell me.”

“Wait…Myungsoo, Hoya. Who are they?” It was as if in that little time lapse of Sunggyu going unconscious, the entire world had changed. And in a way, it had.

“Myungsoo’s the kid that you’ll see hanging around Yeollie all the time.”

“…The one making Sungyeol coffee?”

Dongwoo’s eyebrows scrunched together a bit, and he nodded. “Making Sungyeol coffee? That sounds right. Hoya’s the other one, the good-looking one.”

Sunggyu coughed on his spit, about to drop the phone from his hands. “Good-looking? When have you ever considered a guy good-looking?”

“Well, now,” Dongwoo answered, his eyes clearly saying “judging you” to Sunggyu. “Now let’s go back to the subject at hand.”

“Basically my life’s over and I’m going to stay trapped in this hellhole for the rest of my life. Better? Now let’s talk about –“

“No, not better.” He sighed, thinking about what to say. “What about WS? What’re you going to do about that and Woohyun?”

“That goes under ‘Jonghyun’s gonna kill me’. Woohyun…” Sunggyu was about to say something, but stopped.

Yeah, what about Woohyun?

The boy had been begging to work with Sunggyu. He had done everything to get Sunggyu’s approval, to maybe even sing a duet with him. And now look, if Sunggyu ever dared to step on stage, he’d be killed faster than you might even think.

The thing was, Sunggyu wasn’t freaking out as much as he thought he would. He was never prepared to have this happen to him, even more, to let down all of his fans and family members. Oh God, what would they even think of him now?

But there was that thing that, no matter what, Sunggyu had forced himself to stay calm and accept the what was given to him. He would freak out a bit, scream at a person or two, but that wouldn’t change anything. This wasn’t buying the wrong item at a grocery store, this was having his face plastered next to headlines transcribing what an idiot he was.

He couldn’t do anything about that even if he tried. With other artists, there was the case that it was a fake, it wasn’t real, it couldn’t even be proven. Sunggyu knew that with himself, everything was practically over. No – not practically, it was over. His career was going downhill just as he sat here and talked to Dongwoo.

He’d accept that fact wholeheartedly. That he had screwed up his life to the extent that he couldn’t go back.

But there was Woohyun.

Woohyun, being so young, was about to have this sudden boost of popularity by entering Lee Entertainment and forming a duet group with Kim Sunggyu. But because of Sunggyu, Lee Entertainment’s reputation would start to slowly taint and Woohyun’s popularity level was going to start being questioned.

“I don’t know…” Sunggyu honestly answered. Then, he did one of those laughs, those stupid fake laughs that you don’t know why you do it, but it’s mostly to prevent yourself from crying and the other person to realize that you’re about to cry. “He can like…go and talk about how he respected me so much and then how I let him down, and then he can promise that he’d never become like me, and then…and then…”

He couldn’t finish.

Dongwoo sighed, watching as his best friend fought with himself not to break down. “Woohyun wouldn’t do that, not even if you payed him. Seriously, hyung, he isn’t gonna drop you.”

“I never said anything about Woohyun dropping me.” Sunggyu forced himself to keep his composure, then tried speaking again. “I’m just saying…he has an entire career, a perfect on at it, right before him. He should just t-take it.”

“He isn’t going to take it, not over you.” Dongwoo closed his eyes, trying to figure out a good way to say this. “Last night, when I couldn’t fall asleep…Hoya told me something.”

“Oh, this thing with Hoya again?” Sunggyu cunningly said, and if he wasn’t smiling, Dongwoo would’ve smacked the shizzus out of him.

“Basically, he told me that he used to be really good friends with Woohyun before Woohyun got into KSO. They caught up and talked to each other…and Woohyun confessed something to Hoya.”

Looking at the expecting look on Sunggyu’s face, Dongwoo didn’t know how to say this. Wasn’t this supposed to be Woohyun’s reign? He didn’t have a right to say this…

But he had to.

“Woohyun loves you, Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu’s hands felt frozen, and the phone did actually drop from his hands this time. He scanned Dongwoo’s face, looking for any sign of “I’M KIDDING~” or if Dongwoo was just saying this to cheer him up.

Wait.

Cheer him up? How was knowing that Woohyun loved him cheering him up?

“I need to talk to Woohyun,” Sunggyu swallowed, getting off the bed as fast as he could. “I need to go, now, I need to –“

Just as he was at the door, Dongwoo interrupted him, screaming, “DON’T GO OUTSIDE –“

Too late.

~


Woohyun forced himself to keep his eyes closed, telling himself over and over again to go to sleep. But his mind kept going against him, he couldn’t stop thinking, about KSO, about Sunggyu, about the mess that he had made out of everything.

Eyes still shut, he remembered the article and its comments. Those idiots, calling themselves fans? Or used-to-be fans? They could go bury themselves in a hole.

“I hope you’re happy with yourself Woohyun,” he muttered to nobody. “I hope you’re happy that you just technically killed somebody’s life. I really hope you’re happy with yourself.”

He couldn’t get over how sarcastically real his voice sounded.

“I should just go bury myself in a hole,” he groaned. His foot kicked the empty section beside him, knowing that Sunggyu had left a little while ago. “He probably doesn’t want to even see my face anymore.”

As laggy as he could, Woohyun climbed out of the bed and reached for the doorknob, thinking that everybody would be in their selected rooms and he could maybe get something to eat before burying himself under about ten thousand blankets.

He walked out, just in time, to hear a very high pitched voice scream “KIM SUNGGYU!”

 

~


“Go…this way,” Lime whispered, showing Hoya the side doorway. “I’m going to go look the other way around. I doubt they have enough money to hire security or extra people to work, so you’re safe for now.”

Hoya nodded, swallowing a bit. Besides, what would they have to do with him? He wasn’t important, not like Dongwoo, or Sungyeol, or Woohyun. Or even Myungsoo, for that matter.

“Be safe, okay?” Lime patted his back. “Run if anything happens, you know where Ara’s car is. Just go, tell her to drive away.”

“…How about you?”

“Me? Psh, don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” She coughed a bit in her elbow before sending Hoya another ‘look’ that reminded him of his mother. “Be careful. I’m not kidding.”

“I know,” he ushered. “Just go. I’ll be out in a snap, just gonna look up some files.”

Lime hesitantly nodded, letting her hand go from his back. Was this what mothers felt like? When they sent their kids to college?

It wasn’t even that Hoya felt like her son, it was just this gut feeling that told her it wasn’t safe to let Hoya go in by himself. There was something weird about the KSO building, a feeling she hadn’t gotten before, but all of a sudden had now.

This wasn’t good.

“Hoya –“ Lime stopped, looking around her.

Forget the weird feeling…Hoya was already gone.

~


Lime was right about the building, it was pitch black. It was like KSO went too bankrupt to even have lights on in one room. The building looked empty, too big for the company, but Hoya could tell that some floors were beginning to get closed down.

If he didn’t know any better, he might’ve actually felt some sympathy for them. They had nothing to live on, so now they’re living on their hate for Woohyun and Lee Entertainment.

Millions of companies go bankrupt, most of them not even working out. When was KSO ever given a leeway out of that?

Knowing that he should’ve asked Lime for a map around the place, Hoya followed his hands that trailed against the wall.

As he kept walking, he heard a distinct roaring from the other side of the wall. It sounded like…a computer.

To himself, Hoya smiled, about to pull open the doorknob and go inside.

“STOP!”

Before he could do anything, a bright light was shown in his face, blinding him for a mere four seconds. As he regained his vision, Hoya say a woman dressed in black, a beanie pulled over her brown hair, like one of those stereotypical spies in a movie.

As the flashlight was brought away from his face, the woman walked up to him. “Wait…don’t tell me…you’re with Ara and Lime, right?”

Hoya didn’t know what to do, say, or to even breathe at all. He couldn’t exploit his noonas’ identities, that was probably the last thing he would do.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you,” she hushed. She pushed her flashlight to a less bright level, and walked up closer to him. “I used to work with them, when we were against KSO. They were horrible people…I was the first one to go. I’ve been trying to keep in contact with the two of them, but I just can’t figure out where they are! I go to this building every other day during lunch when KSO’s not in to look around.”

Blinking a bit, Hoya began to feel relief. “Oh God…I was so scared for a second.”
“Don’t be,” she smiled. “What’re you looking for? I know this place like the back of my hand. I’ll direct you to it.”

“Oh, Kwanghee’s computer. But I think I got it –“

“That’s not Kwanghee’s computer!” The woman snorted, pushing Hoya’s hand that was directing to the room behind him. “His computer’s in the other room, wayyyyyyy across from this floor. Come with me, I’ll take you to it.”

“…The noise I heard was probably an air conditioner or something,” Hoya shrugged. “I guess I’ll go with you, then…what did you say your name was?”

The woman stopped walking, laughing. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t tell you?” She stuck her hand out before him. “I’m Park Gyuri.”

~


“They’re starting to get so predictable,” Siwon laughed, peeling the wrapper from his candy.

“Predictable? Oh no, they’re just stupid.”

Onew laughed, then asked, “How did you even pay for that woman to do that in the first place?”

“Who?” A weird look came across Siwon’s face as he realized who Onew was talking about. “Oh, her? That was Kwanghee’s idiotic idea.”

“She gets a date with Siwon,” Kwanghee explained, a twinkle in his eye. “It all works out, doesn’t it?”

 

*shrugs* I'm pretty despressed right now. MY CARTILAGE IS GONE ;_; that sounds so weird. but seriously. my right cartilage fell out and now it's...gone. IT'S MOTHER FCKING GONE. I'M SO PISSED. ARGH. AND AFTER ALL THAT PAIN I WENT THROUGH. seriously hating on life right now. and i refuse to repierce it. 

GYURI MAKES A CAMEO. *everybody claps* the girl was originally supposed to be Jiyeon (DWIABH, anyone?) but I decided to change it 'cause I had more YC readers here than DWIABH readers ._____. woo~ anybody that guessed Hoya, you're right :) 

kthxbye I had a decent Monday♥ y'all? :)

*crossing my fingers and praying that the format won't turn out weird when I hit add chapter*

[[c:11]]