Chapter 8

He's My Soul

 

I'M SORRY FOR UPDATING SO MUCH LATER THAN I USUALLY DO ;_; school is crappy. IDK if this makes up for it :3 muahahaha.

YOU GUYS~~ HELLOVENUS's YOO ARA IS GONNA BE IN L'S NEW DRAMA~~ KYAAA♥ if you guys didn't know, she's my HELLOVENUS bias (along with Lime, which is why my beautiful Lime cameo-ed in Your Choice :3) I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS NEW DRAMA. BUT I WILL HAVE TO WATCH REPLY 1997 FIRST. :DDDD

Sungyeol couldn’t feel anything. Everything was gone. Nothing was there anymore. Every. Little. Bit.

            “I am a ed up person,” he crackled into the dark night as the door shut close.

 

“You…You’re…”

            Hoya stopped thinking. Every little lapse in his brain struck out and he was just left thoughtless, shocked. In front of him. Right there. Oh God…

            “Um…hi?” Dongwoo managed to say, a little nervous. It was the boy, it really was him. And he looked even better up close than he did from outside a window. A lot better.

            “You’re…I…” Hoya froze. He swallowed, backing away. “You…I…What?”

            Dongwoo stepped inside, closing the door behind him. “Shh…please calm down. Nobody can know that I’m here. Okay?”

            The high school student just nodded, gulping again before dropping his back on the ground. “What…”

            “The necklace,” Dongwoo said quickly, running over to Hoya. “Do you have it?”

            “…Necklace?” Hoya asked confusedly, his brain still not having come back fully yet. “What…oh.”

            “Yes! It has a JD on it. Do you know where it is?!”

            Hoya lifted his hand, feeling in his pocket. The necklace. He took it out and handed it to the renowned trainee. “Here.”

            “Oh my God,” Dongwoo breathed out, letting his precious jewelry drop into the palm of his hand. “Thank you so much.”

            All Hoya was capable of at the moment was shaking his head, so he did it. “No…it’s…okay…”
            Dongwoo looked up at the wall clock, then at the door. “Is anybody here right now?”

            Another head shake.

            With a shrug, Dongwoo dropped down to sit next to the paralyzed boy. “I guess I can stay for a while, then.”

            Brain functions returning…

            “WHATTTTTT?!!”

 

“You…did good,” Sunggyu shivered. “That was good.”

            Woohyun’s eyes sparkled as he stared out the recording window. He knew he couldn’t leave, but he just wanted to grab the stool, throw it at the glass, run out, and squish the life out of the living hamster standing right there.

            “…Really?”

            Sunggyu nodded, a smile finally appearing on his face. A real, true smile. “Really.”

 

Hwayoung screamed when the door finally locked. She didn’t know how else to react. Everything was just so…so…perfect.

            After nearly killing her feet by jumping around too much and twisting her wrists by shaking them too much, she crashed on the couch.

            Nearly a second later, she sat up and looked around the house. It was quiet…her house was usually never quiet.

            Fei had left a while ago to meet up with her father for her next Korean single. So where was Dongwoo and Sungyeol Oppa? They should’ve been here.

            Hwayoung stood up, walking to the rooms wing of her house. Dongwoo’s lights weren’t on and neither were her brother’s…but there were sounds.

            She grabbed onto the doorknob, forcing the door to open. It was locked, but after living here for about 16 years, she’d learned the ways around this place.

            Hwayoung let the door crash against the adjacent wall, sprinting over to her brother’s bed.

 

“NO!” He screamed, smashing his fingers against the keyboard. “NO. NO. NO. YOU ING IDIOTS, ALL OF YOU! HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!”

            The management team flinched, but didn’t react. One wrong move, and their lives would be gone in a flash.

            “I asked you a question,” he snarled, standing up. His chair was shoved to the back, and the crash against the window echoed around the room. “ing answer me, you useless pieces of trash!”

            Nobody dared to even breathe.

            The veins popping out of his neck were so visible and disgusting. He glared at the pictures on the computer and despite how much he wanted to toss the thing against the wall, he couldn’t. His company couldn’t pay for another computer.

            “He was our only successful artist.” His fingernails began to subconsciously scrape against the images to Nam Woohyun. “How the …why the did you let him go?! DON’T GIVE ME THAT ABOUT THE CONTRACT BEING OVER. Start another contract! What did I hire you guys for? work?!”

            The two women cursed him underneath their breaths. They were being laid off, anyway. What was the point?

            The two men, on the other hand, refrained any movement that would allow them to stand out.

            “And to Lee Entertainment, for God’s ing sake!” He shouted, his eyes bright red. “All of you! You ing messed up, every little bit of it, you know that?!”

            His eyes shifted from them back to the computer screen. The slide had changed, showing four images. He sat down, his fingers sliding over his fingernail marks and the precious photos.

            He giggled. It was a frightful sound, a sound that could make a grown man cry. “Lee Sungyeol…Lee Fei…Kim Sunggyu…Jang Dongwoo…I will bring you down. Every single one of you. The same way my company was brought down.”

            The two women looked at each other as the man turned his attention to the two men in front of them.

            “You know what to do.”

           

Myungsoo stared at the note taped to the table and looked around the house one more time.

 

I’m going out with Hwayoung~~ will be back at around 9 or 10, alright, hyung? Call me if you need anything ^^

            ~Sungjong

 

…Call? No. He touched his pockets, then his jacket pockets. His cell phone – it wasn’t there.

            Myungsoo glanced at his watch – it was 8:46 PM. Sungjong wasn’t going to be home for a while…he could still manage to run and get his phone.

            “I didn’t want to ing go back,” Myungsoo growled. He turned off the lights and closed the door.

 

The walk to the Lee house was longer than he’d expected it to be. Myungsoo checked his watch again – it was 9:30 PM. Sungjong would be home around now.

            Myungsoo managed to open the door with the secret key that Jonghyun had hidden in the flower pot. He threw the key back, and closed the door.

            The lights were on, meaning that somebody was home because Myungsoo had remembered to shut them off when he’d left. He checked his watch again and, seeing the time was 9:34 PM, decided to rush. He ran over to the rooms wing and looked around.

            He heard voices…crying. From the only room with a light on, the very room he’d left a few hours ago.

            Myungsoo had to get his phone – it was important. If anybody touched it, he would be screwed. Everything was on there. Appointments with Jonghyun, recording sessions, everything. That phone was his life.

            Something somehow told him he couldn’t go in, though. He stood behind it, trying to listen to what was going on inside. For a second, all he could hear was silence and the occasional sob.

            “Oppa…it’s okay,” a soothing, girl’s voice said.

            Lifting his head up, Myungsoo could feel his eyes begin to widen. He turned around and stared at the door crack, wanting to kill somebody at the scene he was watching.

            There was a girl sitting on Sungyeol’s bed, leaning against the headstand. Sungyeol’s face was buried in her stomach, his shoulders shaking and his legs hanging off of the bed.

            “Why…” Sungyeol whispered, his sentence halted due to hiccupping. “Please…don’t stay here…you can’t see me like this…”

            The girl let a sad smile appear on her face as her hand continued to Sungyeol’s back. “You know I have to stay…I love you.”

            “…I’m so worthless –“

            “Don’t say that, Oppa,” she said quietly. “You’re amazing.”

            “Will you…stay here?” He hiccupped, his voice vibrating even harder.

            “Of course I’m going to stay,” the girl said in the soft, perfect voice of hers. “I love you. After all, you’re my b-“

            Myungsoo couldn’t take it anymore. He ran. He ran out the house, forgetting about his stupid cell phone.

            He knew who that girl was. The girl on his little brother’s note.

            Ryu ing Hwayoung.

 

YOU GUYS DIDN'T THINK THERE WASN'T GOING TO BE DRAMA, RIGHT?!~~ not angst, no, no, I can't really write good angst. This is drama. There's a clear difference (there's isn't really...I just don't want you guys to butcher me (or unsubscribe) because you don't like my attempt dramatic plot...). MUAHAHAHAHAHA. HWAYOUNG'S SPLIT IDENTITIES HAS RUINED EVERYTHING. 

...sooo...anybody have a Kpop guy that they think will fit as the douchebag(that name doesn't really fit... was better...)? (YC's was Gyuri XDD, who will HMS's be? ;3) I'LL TAKE THE FIRST PERSON THAT COMMENTS♥ yes...even if it's one of my most treasured Kpop guys...♥