Chapter 20

He's My Soul

 

Update's a bit later than usual due to stupid homecoming issues ._. seriously, I'm not even going, and I'm totally up in this stuff. Well...I kinda played around with this chapter a bit, tried uplifting the mood. The writing doesn't come out too good when you're multi-tasking and talking to people over the phone at the same time ._.

“What do you mean…Myungsoo? Wait, was that my brother?!”

               ‘No, mines’. But she couldn’t say that. “Something of the sort,” Hwayoung muttered, a little bouncy recalling the conversation she’d just had. “I need to go, Sungjong. I’m sorry, but I need to go.”

               “Wait – stop! Do you know where my brother is –“

               “I don’t know, I just need to go back home right now,” Hwayoung quickly answered, feeling her palms dense up with sweat. “We’ll talk later, I promise, I just need to go!”

 

“Breathe,” Myungsoo instructed Sungyeol. “Breathe.”

               Sungyeol didn’t move, and no matter how much he hated the older boy, Myungsoo was honestly scared for him. Sungyeol was on his knees, his hands clenched on the side of the couch, his teeth tightly biting on his bottom lip, refusing any air to come in or go out.

               “Sungyeol!”

               “Can you…take him away,” Ara whispered, walking up behind Myungsoo. “I don’t think this’ll look too pretty. Especially for Sungyeol.”

               Aishh. Oh, so all of a sudden Myungsoo was the baby sitter? Why didn’t she just ask Fei to bring Sungyeol somewhere? That lady was more than capable.

               Somewhat against his will, Myungsoo bent down next to Sungyeol and grabbed onto his arm. “Let’s go inside, okay, Yeol? We can…we can talk about me. You wanted to hear about me, right? Let’s go, okay?”

               “You’re so self conceited,” Sungyeol gulped out a good three minutes later. Myungsoo forced a smile out of himself, standing to pull Sungyeol up.

               “Sunggyu will be fine. We’ll go into the room, talk, and by the time we go out, he’ll be perfect cheery. Alright?”

               Sungyeol’s eyes scanned the room to look at his sister’s, mentally asking her what the freak had happened to his hamster hyung. Fei only kept her eyesight locked on the now unconscious Sunggyu, who was laying in Dongwoo’s arms.

               He allowed himself to stumble over air, being dragged into the empty room that had been occupied by a crying Woohyun.

               Which reminded him, where was Woohyun?...And Hoya?

               Myungsoo shoved him into the room, closing the wooden door and turning on the bright lights inside. The room was a typical one, with a  queen-sized bed covered with blue bedsheets that somehow reminded Sungyeol of the color of a nurse’s uniform. There was a TV set on the counter across from the hospital-looking bed, the case beneath it filled with albums and books, which Sungyeol later realized were all of his (…or Myungsoo’s), Sunggyu’s, Woohyun’s, and Dongwoo’s.

               Other than that, the room was completely blank, only holding a large window on the right side of the bed.

               “If you really wanted to escape, you could jump out of it,” Myungsoo joked, walking over to the left wall to sit down.

               “I’m fine,” Sungyeol grumbled. He twisted his neck around to stare longingly at the door, then back at the shelves beneath the TV. He walked over to it, bending down to idly roll his fingers against them.

               “Do you have an of these?”

               “Of what?” Myungsoo asked, even though he clearly knew what Sungyeol was talking about.

               “The albums…”

               “What? No,” he snorted. “My brother’s room is already a museum for Lee Sungyeol, alright? We don’t need two boys in the family with an entire collection of my voice on different discs.”

               “How about the one I rapped in? That’s my voice, not yours.”

               “Yeah, because I’d totally buy an entire album just to hear what your real voice sounded like.” When this came out of Myungsoo’s mouth, he realized how logical it sounded. Yeah, Sungyeol had about fifty bookcases full of his voice. It would’ve been sensible to own just one album that had Sungyeol’s real voice on it, even if it was only less than a minute.

               “I could just take my brother’s,” Myungsoo added, just for a safe measure. “Besides, my parents would drown me if they saw anything other than books in my room.”

               Out of every possible harmful thing Myungsoo had said to him, this was what took Sungyeol’s attention the most.

               “Your parents…” Sungyeol stopped, standing up to look at the ceiling. “You never told me about them.”

               “Um, because you don’t need to know?”

               Walking over to sit on the side of the bed that was facing Myungsoo, Sungyeol laughed. “They must hate you a ton if you had to get a job as a cleaning boy at a recording company.”

               “…Sungyeol, you do know that was a decoy, right? I don’t actually clean stuff.”

               “I figured that out after seeing your paycheck. I’m not that much of an idiot.” Leaning back, Sungyeol brought his legs up onto the bed to lay on it. “Which leads me to ask you, why on earth were you snooping around with my journal yesterday if you weren’t cleaning?”

               That hit Myungsoo hard – it was only yesterday when he’d done that. Time really was slow…”Who knows? Thought it’d be nice to take a look in Lee Sungyeol’s life, right?”

               “Like how happy I was in it?”

               “Of course. Every sentence was just oozing with happiness, it almost hurt to read.” Myungsoo’s voice was leaking with heavy sarcasm, which Sungyeol just had to get a good laugh out of.

               “I’ve tried writing happy stuff, but there hasn’t really been anything to be happy about lately,” Sungyeol shrugged. “But now that I think about it, if you gave me a piece of paper, I could probably jot down something cheerful right now.”

               “Oh, really? All of a sudden, now?” Myungsoo chuckled a bit, standing up to walk around the bed and sit on the other side, his back facing Sungyeol. “One of your best friends is drugged, you’re not doing your concert, your dad’s probably ing pissed at you, and you basically got kidnapped into a random place you’ve never seen. I really don’t see what there is to be happy about all of a sudden.”

               Getting another good laugh from Myungsoo’s stupidity, Sungyeol glanced back up to the ceiling from his black Converse. His gaze shifted back to Myungsoo, poking his side. When the younger boy looked at him expectedly, Sungyeol casually replied, “Because you’re here.”

 

“Who is he?” Hoya asked, staring up at the blazing stars. “To you, I mean. He’s pretty important, isn’t he?”

               Woohyun sighed, prodding the grass with his foot. “I don’t know. I mean…he’s…he’s special to me, if that’s what you mean. I don’t know what other way to put it.”

               “Then why aren’t you in there with him?”

               This was the question that he’d been attempting to avoid since the two of them had walked out the door together. What could he say? Oh, because you know, if I hadn’t met him, he’d be A-OK.

               “It’s nice to see you again,” Woohyun said, clearing his throat to avoid the topic.

               Hoya turned to hit side, his vision securely on Woohyun’s laying body. “Yeah. Nice to see you too, after you’d dropped me and Myungsoo like a dead bug after getting that audition.”

               “Hey, Myungsoo wasn’t even pissed at me. Figured that you wouldn’t be, either.” Woohyun shifted his arms up, placing them behind his neck. “I missed you guys, honestly. Didn’t have any friends beside creepy Ara and Flounder.”

               Trying to figure out why he’d laughed so hard, Hoya asked, “Creepy Ara? Flounder?”

               “You know,” Woohyun shrugged. “Creepy Ara. Ara’s really scary when she’s mad, or when I don’t wake up early. Something like Fei, to tell you the truth.”

               “And Flounder?”

               “Have you seen Lime’s hair? Does it not remind you of the fishy in the Little Mermaid?”

               “I don’t like the Little Mermaid,” Hoya sniffled. “You know she dies in the end? Turns into ing bubbles because the guy didn’t love her back.”      

               Woohyun’s eyes widened, burning from the amount of tears that had been shed. His body reacted on its own, sitting up and holding tightly onto Hoya’s arm. “What?! No! I didn’t know that! Disney never said anything about it! It’s supposed to be happily ever after –“

               He stopped, noticing that Hoya was laughing at him.

               “Oh, it’s a joke, right? Ha-ha, so funny. Don’t mess around with my childhood stories.”

               “No, it’s real,” Hoya said, a big smile appearing. “You just reminded me so much of Dongwoo there, all innocent and stuff.”

               “Dongwoo? As in…Jang Dongwoo?” Woohyun’s ‘Little Mermaid had a horrid, terrible, ungraceful, inhuman ending’ phase ended for a second, all thoughts of his old best friend’s love life on his mind. “I saw you guys together, when I came into the cabin.”

               Of course, when Fei had told him “Howon” and “Myungsoo” were in the cabin, he’d never think it was his best friends, Lee Howon and Kim Myungsoo. Those two guys had been long, long gone from his mind, not that he’d ever admit that to their faces.

               “Yeah,” Hoya nodded. “He’s my…hey, shouldn’t you know him? You guys are from the same company, after all.”

               “I know, just wanted to know what you’d say about him.” Letting out another one of his totally hideous laughs, Woohyun tried again. “What were you gonna say about him? He’s your…?”

               “My friend, idiot!” Hoya smacked Woohyun, trying to wipe the y look off of his face. “Gosh. We’re just friends.”

               “Dongwoo wouldn’t be too happy to know that you’ve friendzoned him,” Woohyun said, a hint of ‘you should feel more guilty than Hitler’ lingering in his voice.

               “I’m – not – friendzoning him!” Hoya growled, hitting Woohyun with every word sputtered.

               “Oh, so you admit you like him?”

               “Why does everybody think that I like Dongwoo?!”

               “Um, because you do?”

               “I’VE ONLY KNOWN HIM FOR, LIKE, TWO DAYS!”

               “Love comes quick with the true one~”

               “…When on earth did you get so…so…lovey-dovey?” Hoya said, a bit weirded out.

               “Dunno, probably when I was trying to figure out a good way to confess to Sunggyu hyung.”

               “YOU –“

               “Yes, but unlike somebody here, I actually have the decency to admit it.” Woohyun smiled, proud of himself as he brushed off a piece of dust on his shoulder.

               “I honestly don’t believe you’re my friend anymore,” Hoya managed to say, completely dumbfounded.

               “Oh, so now Dongwoo’s a better friend than me?”

               “I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DONGWOO.”

               “Your face says it all for you, no need to worry.”

               “You’re impossible.”

               “You mean I’m amazing, and I’d probably make the perfect best man at your wedding for getting you guys together. Right?”

               “No, you’re just using me as a way to get closer to Sunggyu. I know it.”

               Woohyun’s shoulders drooped as he stared into Hoya’s eyes. “What? How…how’d you know?”

               “I know you,” Hoya said, sticking his tongue out. “Just telling Sunggyu that your old best friend and his current best friend decided to go all gay on each other doesn’t let you have any sort of leverage, Woohyun.”

               “You’re the worst person to go to for help,” Woohyun pouted. “I should just ask Myungsoo to go gay for Dongwoo if you aren’t, then. You’re too deep in denial for your own good.”

               “I am not deep in denial!” Hoya countered, crossing his arms. “And Myungsoo is in, no way, going gay for Dongwoo!”

               “OH, so now you admit you’re jealous?”

               “What?! No, I’m saying that Myungsoo clearly likes Sungyeol.”

               “You’re funny. I’ve seen the way he looks at that choding. It’s like he wants to burn his back with a fire-rimmed knife or something.”

               “Lust.”

               “No, hatred. So you help me persuade Sunggyu that it’s okay to have feelings for me, or I shall make Myungsoo steal Dongwoo away from you.”

               “What? When did it ever come down to this?!”

               Woohyun didn’t answer, he only stood up and looked back into the lights of the cabin. “I’m going to go back in and check on Sunggyu. I need to know how he’s doing.”

               “Woohyun –“

               “And you should come in, Dongwoo’s there, too.”

               “WOOHYUN!”

               “Just hurry up.”

               Hoya stood up, trying not to think about how strange Woohyun’s moods and topic choices were lately. “Wait, though, Woohyun. Do you know what happened to Sunggyu?”

               Stopping, the older boy hesitated for a second. What, so first they were talking about their happy life, and now it came back to this? Hurriedly, he shook his head. “No. Why?”

               “Are you sure? Because it does look like you know…”

               “Please, can we go back inside? I just want to check on Sunggyu.”

               “Fine, but we’re going to talk about this later.”

               Maybe, maybe not, Woohyun thought. Nobody else could be in danger after Sunggyu, right? The news about his drug addict would appear, ruin his career, but KSO was going to stop after that. They had to…there wasn’t anybody else to hurt.

               Mind spinning, Woohyun walked back into the house with Hoya trailing behind him. He made a promise to go and talk to Fei, Ara, and Lime about this later.

 

HEYHEYHEYHEYYYY. SUNGJONG WILL HAVE A BIGGER PART. PROMISH♥ I probably should've added it in, lol, but you know. Trying to comfort delusional/delimma'ed and rejected friends here. ._.

whut hey so like 8 of you pressed that uppity arrow thingy ._. do you guys really like my story? or did you just press it because that's what you guys do? XDDDD thanks for that, though. gives me some hope that people are actually reading~ which is why I totally love the comments :3 please tell me how I can improve, because I KNOW I need to improve. ♥

which reminds me. I started reading Angels and Demons because somebody on AFF reccocmended it for me after I said I liked The Da Vinci Code. Hey, I'd love it if you guys gave me some awesome books to read. It'll help me write better? So it'll benefit us both :3 ♥ byebye~ hope y'all had a good Wendesday ^^