Chapter 34

He's My Soul

 

“I don’t…I don’t know,” Sungyeol said slowly, shaking his head.  His voice, even his speaking one, sounded foreign to him.

                Myungsoo just sat there and watched, watched as Sungyeol shivered in the blazing hot sun. He thought about the boy’s lack of self confidence. About how he always put himself down.

                Why?

                Because there was never anybody to pull him back up. And no matter how much Myungsoo hated to admit it, he was one of the people constantly dragging Sungyeol down with every rung he climbed in his life ladder.

                There was always somebody that Sungyeol had to compare himself to, and it was utterly wretched that the person he was doing it to was the same person he loved. Then what happened to make it even worse than it already was, was that there wasn’t anybody else to tell him that no, he was perfect, and he shouldn’t compare himself to others. He was always constantly fighting an internal battle with himself.

                Slowly, emphasizing each step, Myungsoo got off the bench and stood before the boy. Sungyeol was too busy crouched down, staring straight at the green grass, to say anything or to notice anything. His arms hung loosely at his sides, though his hands were clenched tightly alongside the bottom of the bench.

                The shorter boy brought up his hands, completely covering Sungyeol’s eyes.

                “Sing,” he directed softly, feeling the other’s eyelashes bat against his palm. “Do what you’ve always wanted to do. Forget everybody else. Forget the entire world. Pretend you’re where you’ve always wanted to be. With millions of people screaming your name…”

                They already do, Sungyeol thought.

                “…For your voice,” Myungsoo finished, his voice as gentle and calm, sounding like a floating river with no waves blocking its way.

                Sungyeol still didn’t say anything.

                Myungsoo just felt his heart tighten when Sungyeol’s closed eyes squinted together beneath his hand. “You said you love me, right? Do this for me.”

                His lips didn’t move.

                “It’s just me. There’s no way I could ever judge you any less.” Myungsoo didn’t realize how mean that was until it came out of his mouth, and by that time, it was too late to take anything back. His mind just rummaged for something better to make up for it. “Respect.”

                There was a few minutes of pure silence, until Sungyeol quavered out, “What?”

                “Respect,” Myungsoo replied almost immediately.

                Sungyeol didn’t have to ask anything else to understand what the other meant. His tongue moved around his mouth, running through his closed teeth, but he remained silent.

                Breathing in as much air around him as possible, Myungsoo started doing what he did best.

                “‘You don’t share my feelings, but if you come back I might run to you’.” The sun was still out, the birds were still chirping, but Myungsoo’s clear voice rang over everything.

                He felt something wet connect with his skin, and a voice that seemed to come out of nowhere that kept quivering and shaking and stammering wouldn’t stop continuing on.

                “‘I y-yell out ag-gain t-today…knowing that-t m-my voice won’t b-be heard…”

                Something that Myungsoo managed to pick up through his years was that it didn’t take much to be an artist, but to be a singer, you had to have soul. Hitting the high notes wasn’t enough. You had to feel it in you, feel it run through your skin and shatter every remorseful feeling you ever had until you were a pitiful ball of nothingness.

                He never experienced this because he never cared to. But right here, as if a miracle was unfolding beneath his eyes, Myungsoo could feel the spiders continuously crawl up and down his spine and never, ever, ever, stop.

                Sungyeol’s singing clicked Myungsoo back to life, and all he could hear was the singing accompanied with the sobbing, and everything melted together but kept going on, and on, and on, and on until it was all drowned out by the weeping.

                Myungsoo instinctively released his hand from Sungyeol’s face when he saw that the tears were past his hand markings.

                Without thinking, the hands flew up to grab his hair and let out more bawls, the tears relentlessly pouring. His bloodshot eyes shivered up to gaze into Myungsoo’s plain, scared, brown ones.

                “I d-don’t even know why I’m crying,” Sungyeol sobbed, his eyes begging Myungsoo to do something to make it stop. But he just shook his head once and threw himself back into the comfort of his own arms.

                Myungsoo just stepped back a bit and fell to his knees, listening to Sungyeol and thinking even his crying is beautiful.

 

“Holy crap!” Sungjong hissed to himself, ducking behind the wall. “Holy ing crap.”

                He knew they were collaborating, but not like that! And adding to the fact that he hadn’t seen Woohyun for a very, very long time, he wasn’t expecting to see him with his tongue stuck down Kim Sunggyu’s throat.

                Especially not when he only went outside to see where his brother went. This was, like, eighteen surprises knocked up in one.

                Sungjong turned back around the wall one more time just to check what was going on, and found the two of them not connected by the tongue any longer and instead laughing.

                Laughing.

                Really now.

                Holding in his breath, Sungjong turned around and faced them, knowing full well that he was probably going to die soon.

                His eyes were closed for a good six minutes before he felt something completely encircle him and somehow, just somehow, he knew that the two of them had found a trash bag and was ready to dump him in the ocean or something.

                But the trash bag was much too warm to actually be a trash bag.

                Sungjong froze a bit, then opened his eyes up to feel the soft fabric. “Woohyun!”

                “It’s been such a long time!” The ballad singer cried, squeezing the dear diva life out of Sungjong. “Like, eighty years or something!”

                “Yeah, when you left us for fame,” Sungjong spit, pushing his way out of Woohyun’s abs, though he felt he should’ve been a lot more grateful for not having been dead yet.

                “I didn’t –“ Woohyun faltered a bit, then looked over at Sunggyu. “It’s all his fault, if that counts for anything. He made me want to become a singer.”

                “When has being a role model ever been a bad thing?” The now-retired singer rolled his eyes. He bloated out his cheeks, looking over at Sungjong. “We already met, remember, I was about half dead when you saw me. And you screamed. Really loud.”

                Sungjong just smiled and nodded because, honestly, he was too afraid to actually say anything verbally to Sunggyu. He turned over to Woohyun before saying, “What are you even doing here?”

                Woohyun looked around for about six seconds before saying, “Huh? Me? Oh, uh, I just came…to accompany Sunggyu.”

                That ‘ohhhh’ look overcame Sungjong’s face as he nodded, then said, “Wait…but why is Sunggyu here?”

                Sunggyu felt his body stiffen a bit, looking from his (eeeek!) boyfriend’s face to Sungjong’s. Then he remembered, earlier today, how the younger boy wasn’t freaked out to see him.

                “Wait…” Woohyun said slowly. “You don’t know?”

                “Don’t know about what?” Sungjong asked innocently.

                “Sunggyu?”

                “What about Sunggyu? That you guys are together? I thought I was the only one –“

                “No, no, you are the only one that knows that! I mean, the other one.” Woohyun breathed in a bit, daring himself not to look behind at Sunggyu. “The Sunggyu-and-drugs one.”

                “THE WHAT ONE?!”

 

“Dongwoo.”

                No reaction.

                “DONGWOO.”

                Nothing.

                Hoya groaned, rolling his eyes to sit down. He’d been doing this and screaming the guy’s name for the past, what, five hours or something? He refused to budge. Refused to. Absolutely, in every single way, refused to.

                “Can you just wake up?!” Hoya begged, shoving his elbow into Dongwoo’s stomach. “I’m the one that was drugged, not you!”

                Dongwoo just nodded off a bit more, leaning the other way.

                “YAH! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!” The younger boy screamed. “SO WE  NEED TO GO NOW!”

                Another scoot away, and Hoya was now 100% sure that Dongwoo was awake. “Ugh, you loser. Ara and Lime already left for the car okay, we need to go now. Seriously.”

                There wasn’t a reply, to which Hoya just sneered, “If you don’t’ wake up now we’re never going on that date I promised you this morning.”

                He didn’t even have to blink before Dongwoo jumped up, fully awake. He lifted his shirt up a bit to check his abs, then smiled.

                “Okay then, let’s go,” Dongwoo shrugged, acting as if he hadn’t been unconscious just two minutes ago.

                “Oh, oh, hold, I don’t think you’re going anywhere,” a voice that Hoya didn’t, unfortunately, recognize.

                “What do you mean, we’re going back to the cabin,” Dongwoo laughed, obviously too dazed to distinct  whether or not that was Hoya.

                There was no answer, and Dongwoo stopped walking. “Hoya?”

                And then he turned around, which was probably the worst mistake he’d ever made in his life.

 

woo~ and you guys thought YaDong was gonna be spared. ;))

I typed this chapter like four times okay because my laptop crashed on me and it was never autosaved. so if it's horrible...well, it's about the fourth time I wrote it so I was getting pretty sick and tired of everything.

asdfghjkl short because my little sister finally got her new phone delivered and we spent the entire afternoon attempting to work it lol. we're fail at technology. but her hands are too small to fit on the keyboard LOL it's so funny to watch her try to work it. and it doesn't get wifi either, so she steals my phone either way. =__=

the next few chapters are going to be short anyway, I'm ending this soon c;

props to whoever can figure out what song MyungYeol were singing.

[[c:9]] <-- are you guys not entertained ._____.