Chapter 7

He's My Soul

 

Hehe I'm back :3 muhahaha hope all of you guys' weekends are going good~~ and I checked! I'm at 64 subscribers! Thank you SO MUCH!!♥

Myungsoo grew up different than other little boys did. He wasn’t a bouncy kid that couldn’t be kept still in one seat for more than two minutes. No, he grew up sitting solemnly in a corner by himself.

            It wasn’t like he actually minded, though. He didn’t care – he taught himself to not care. He knew how to cope with the fact that he would never have toys or parents to play with him. He had his little brother, but let’s face it…Sungjong was a spoiled brat.

            Myungsoo knew very well why his parents spoiled Sungjong. His little brother wasn’t going to be taking over the company. Oh, no, it was him. All Sungjong had to do was keep a good reputation and smile sweetly when they had a guest over. Otherwise, he was their perfect little son.

            He’d had so many people tell him that he was loved, that his parents were only a bit harsh on him because they wanted him to do well. Harsh was, in many different ways, a big understatement.

            While Sungjong’s room was overflowed with teddy bears and bright colors and candy, Myungsoo’s had bookshelves and black walls and mahogany desks. He really didn’t mind, but it just irked him that he never had a choice. Myungsoo didn’t dare ask for a room change, even when he knew he was going to melt in the heat during summer.

            He didn’t want pity, but he never refused it because he never got any. People constantly spouted nonsense that it was training for him to be the future CEO, that his life wasn’t as rough as it seemed, because after all, it was Kim Myungsoo’s life.

            His life was rough, though. It was horrible. Everyday, he would be buried in an endless hell and the only thing that could pull him out of it was Sungjong’s smile, Hoya’s jokes, or Jonghyun’s talks.

            But like he said, he taught himself not to care anymore.

 

He didn’t know what he was doing. When he saw the boy in the auditorium, his mind just went blank. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

            It was the boy from yesterday, by himself again. He was sitting in front of the stereo, fidgeting with the buttons.

            Dongwoo didn’t know what overcame him at that moment. Without another thought (well…it wasn’t like he could even think. His mind was filled with nothing.), he knocked on the door.

 

“Hwayoung!”
            Biting down on her teeth to keep them from shattering, Hwayoung walked forward to Sungjong and waved. She didn’t dare talk – everything that would come out would probably be, like, a vomit of words.

            “You wanna go now?”

            Nervously, she nodded. It was cold – really, really cold, and the sky was nearly all black. Glancing at Sungjong, she wanted to basically faint at how hot he was at the moment, wearing pastel blue jeans with a black v-neck and a white blazer. Hwayoung, on the other hand, just threw on a pair of normal jeans and her blue jacket. She was just happy to be out of the tight clothing.

            “C’mon,” Sungjong smiled, extending his hand out to her.

            All Hwayoung was capable of doing at the moment was blinking at it. Uh…what did he want her to do? Shake it? But they already met.

            “Hold it, pabo,” he giggled, as if he had read her mind. He nodded encouragingly as he reached out further.

            She didn’t want to, though. First of all, she was basically freezing and wanted to keep her hands in her warm jacket pockets. Second, if she took her hand out, he’d realize how bad they were shaking in anxiousness.

            Seriously, though…Sungjong wanted to hold hands with her. Her. Lee – or Ryu Hwayoung. When the freak would this offer come again? Uh, never.

            When she still didn’t respond, Sungjong walked over and grabbed Hwayoung’s elbow, pulling her hand out of her pocket at the same time.

            “Like this,” he smiled, clasping their hands together. “Not hard, right?”

            It took every little neuron in her body not for her to faint.

 

“Tomorrow? As in, in twenty four hours?!”

            “Uh, yeah. That’s what I said.” Jonghyun nodded slowly, still a little dazed at the fact Sunggyu wasn’t tearing Woohyun’s head off.

            “We can do it, hyung!” Woohyun smiled, turning to look at Sunggyu. “Right? Right?”

            Sunggyu stared at his future partner, then back at his boss. “But – how…twenty four hours isn’t enough!”

            “I’m sorry,” Jonghyun shrugged, playing with his pen. “You guys are going to have to be able to learn and record this song by tomorrow – the studio won’t be open tomorrow. This’ll show how good your teamwork is.”

            Before Sunggyu could retort, he felt something tugging on his sleeve. Woohyun.

            “You promised that we’d work well together, hyung. We can do this, okay?”

            Jonghyun watched as the bitter Kim Sunggyu softened right before his eyes. The former solo singer sighed, nodding.

            “Okay. We’ll do it.”

            “Great!” Jonghyun’s eyes brightened up. He grabbed two papers in front of him and handed it to them. “It’s your guys’ new song. If you two work well enough together, the result of the song will prove it.”

            At the same time, though, he pushed his elbow over to hide the schedule of the recording studio – which displayed that everyday for the next month, it would be open.

 

Myungsoo flipped through the book for the fiftieth time before throwing it back onto Sungyeol’s desk. The guy was messed up…there was nothing else to it.

            He walked over to pause the music, to pause the voice that was haunting him for the past hour or so. Why on earth did he even stay here for that long?

            Looking back at the now sleeping boy, Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Sungyeol had the perfect life. He was, literally, the most famous K-pop artist with the paycheck of a billionaire, and he never had to worry about losing his voice because it wasn’t even his freaking voice.

            And yet the guy had the nerve to complain? He thought that he was depressed? How about the guy that was being robbed of his voice? Oh, no, that guy didn’t have to be worried about.

            Despite the voices going off in his head, Myungsoo walked over to Sungyeol’s bed. He bent down, cautiously inspecting the older boy’s face, which were marked with tears.

            Their lips were nearly half a centimeter apart until Myungsoo whispered, “You, Lee Sungyeol, are a very ed up person.”

            Without another word, he stood up, grabbed his jacket, and walked out the room. All remembering to turn off the light.

 

Hoya’s head went up, staring at the door. Who was here this late? Maybe it was one of the dance students that forgot their backpack or something.

            He stuffed the necklace back into his pocket and stood up, pulling the plug of the stereo out at the same time.

            Shuffling over to the door, Hoya was hesitant for a second. There was just a little thing in his head that scared him, telling him to not open the door.

            Another thing, though, was telling him to.

            But then again…when the freak were there voices telling you whether or not to open a door? It wasn’t like he was holding an alcoholic party with underage kids.

            Hoya sighed, then pushed open the door.

            Nobody.

            “Hello?” He called out, despite his first intentions. He was just freaked out, that was all there was to it. Somebody had knocked on the door – he heard it!

            “I know someone’s there!” He shouted. Freak it if it was 8 at night. He was scared. “Just come out…and by the way, I have absolutely  no money or expensive things for you to take!”

            Silence.

            “Just come out!”

            Letting out another exasperated sigh, Hoya stepped back and was about to close the door when a shadow appeared.

            “Wait – I’m here.”

            Hoya blinked a bit at the familiar-ness of the voice. He felt his heart drop and he slowly turned around.

            All he could do was stare.

 

...Please don't kill me. I was intending on finishing the entire YaDong scene (or making, like, a janitor be knocking on the door XDD) but I figured I would go overboard and it would fit better in the next chapter. And yes. I basically backtracked the entire Myungyeol process...but at least you guys know something about him, right? Hwajong's making process...and Woogyu :3 with the help of Jonghyun. MUAHAHAHA stay tuned, guys♥ comment? sub. love you ^^, but you guys should already know that!!