Chapter 26

He's My Soul

 

HOLY LORD KIM SUNGGYU'S SOLO DEBUT I CAN'T EVEN I THINK I'M DEAD AND HOLYYYYYY FCCKKKKKK.

do you realize LOL. sunggyu's solo career is starting in rl when it's going downhill in this fic XDDDDDDDD ahh. at least i managed to predict it right that gyu was gonna solo debut :3 holymoly this is the second time something's come true in the fanfics i wrote. HEY I SHOULD START WRITING - /shot/

HOLY FCKING SHIZBALLS AND GUISE I GOT MY FORMAT BACKKK. this is on my lil sis's laptop, so YEAH I'M GONNA USE THIS FROM NOW ON ;3333 gahh, indents, i missed youuu~!!

“Oh…my……”

            Jonghyun felt his breathing completely fail him, his daughter taking the words right out of his mouth. His fingers clenched against the side of his desk, his nails clawing against them.

            “We will…we will get back to you on this issue,” Hwayoung exhaled, her voice shaken as she hung up the phone. Jonghyun’s eyes were still fixated on the computer screen, killing himself to just know why and how the media managed to find this out before he had.

            “Dad…calm down…I’m pretty sure he has an explanation for this…”

            “EXPLANATION?!” Jonghyun screamed, his veins seeming as if they’d pop out of his head any minute. Hwayoung flinched back a bit, not used to seeing her dad this angry.

            “There are thousands of reporters lined up outside our house and the building, wondering where Sunggyu is,” he told her, his voice suddenly dangerously quiet. “They’ve been waiting for him to come back, if he would ever come back in that right state of mind. Think about it Hwayoung, just think about it! Everything is right there, and Sunggyu hasn’t even called me yet!”

            Hwayoung watched as her father kneed the table, too frightened to destroy any other materials on his desk. She could calm her dad down, but it wasn’t possible, not in the state he was in right now.

            “Sungyeol and Dongwoo haven’t returned?” Jonghyun growled, telling himself to breathe in and breathe out every four seconds.

            “No” was Hwayoung’s quiet, quiet reply.

            “God damn it!” Jonghyun fell to his chair, causing Hwayoung to drop the company phone in her hand. “I told him…I warned them all not to do anything like this, fame ing gets to you!”

            “You don’t know if Sungyeol and Dongwoo were even with him!” Hwayoung countered, not wanting to witness her brother and best friend’s reputation get beaten up by her father, who was always so kind to everybody. “They could’ve just – been…out.”

            “Dongwoo hasn’t even debuted yet!” Jonghyun cried, running his hands through his face and hair. “He hasn’t even gotten his chance! And Sungyeol’s concert, the biggest concert of his entire career is tomorrow…oh God, he’s not even here, and Myungsoo hasn’t even recorded all the songs yet!”

            Hwayoung felt her blood run cold, tickling against her back.

            “Myungsoo?” The name was so oddly familiar, just playing around in .

            Her father stopped screaming momentarily as if realizing what he had just said. He looked as if he were about to cry, and not just because three of his best artists, three of his sons practically, were ruining themselves as he just sat there moping, but also because he was about to ruin his fourth son’s life.

            If, Jonghyun figured, Myungsoo wasn’t caught up in all of this, too.

 

“I’m sorry,” Sunggyu let out, breaking the silence that bonded between him and Woohyun at the moment.

            Woohyun froze, because those were the last words he’d expected from his hyung’s mouth.

            Sorry?

            Why the was Sunggyu sorry? Sunggyu wasn’t supposed to be sorry, HE was supposed to be sorry! This wasn’t Sunggyu’s fault, this was all of his damn ing fault. He ruined the man he loved, he destroyed any chance of letting him live his life…why? To get a chance to sing on the same stage as him?

            So. Damn. ing. Fair, Woohyun.

            “I think I’ve got a good run, a good six years,” Sunggyu said, knowing full well that his voice cracked against the last word. “You can still…go on, right? Jonghyun will accept you. You’re under one of the biggest entertainment companies in the entire world. You can…you can debut solo, like you did with that other company. I…I’ll still support you…the song can be re-recorded, right? With your voice. It didn’t sound that good with mines anyway, I just seemed like some lame background singer. I was horrible, anyway.”

            Sunggyu sincerely had no idea what was coming out of his mouth. He was just rambling, doing everything he could to keep from crying and tearing his heart into pieces in front of Woohyun.

            “I’m sorry,” he whispered again, because he couldn’t think of anything else honest enough.

            “Don’t say that!” Woohyun screamed, latching himself onto Sunggyu’s back before the older can turn around. “Don’t do that to yourself, Sunggyu, it’s not your damn fault! It’s mines, I did everything, I was stupid!”
            Through the flimsy t-shirt, Sunggyu could feel Woohyun’s tears start to soak his shoulder. He would’ve tried to hold onto Woohyun as tight as he could and never let go, if only they weren’t facing the same direction.

            “You didn’t do anything wrong,” Sunggyu soothed, his voice soft though on the verge of breaking apart.

            “Yes, yes I did! This is all my fault, everything is!” Woohyun’s voice was muffled, his mouth pressed up against the back of Sunggyu.

            “It isn’t, Woohyun –“

            “I’m sorry, Sunggyu,” Woohyun finally said, though it didn’t come out too well as expected.

            Not sure whether he was supposed to take Woohyun’s false-based apology or just shoot it back, Sunggyu looked up at the wooden ceiling, his tears carefully dripping down his face.

            Heck, he didn’t even know why he was crying.

            “It’s just a lame job. It wasn’t even that fun anyways. Too much work…maybe this was for the better.” He bit the inside of his mouth, forcing himself not to say anything else horrid about his dream that he’d had since he was a kid.

            Sunggyu let Woohyun sob a bit more until he was actually crying, the sounds vivid and echoing against the walls.

            “I’m s-so sorry-y…”

 

On the other side of the wall, it wasn’t looking much better for Sungyeol.

            He was being interrogated by possibly the biggest fanboy that he’d encountered in his entire singing career and the one he loved sitting beside him, ready to destroy him if he didn’t answer all the questions in a proper manner.

            “What’s your favorite American food?”

            “Pizza.”

            “Yeol, that’s Italian.”

            “Spaghetti.”

            “That’s still Italian.”

            “Doesn’t matter!” Sungjong cried, glaring at Myungsoo for ruining his saesang interview. “’Kay then what’s your favorite movie?”

            “Don’t really have one.”

            “Favorite song?”

            “Since I only listen to mines, Entrust.”

            “Favorite American name?”

            “Evie.”

            “Favorite ballad singer?”

            “Probably Sunggyu or Woohyun.”

            “Favorite color?”

            “Pink.”

            “How many ear piercings are you planning on getting?”

            “I might stick with just seven for now.”

            “What color is your room?”

            “White. A bit of pink.”

            Sungjong took this into notice, ready to turn his room that color when he arrived back. He turned to Myungsoo, obviously out of questions after the last forty million.

            “How’d you meet my brother?”

            Sungyeol looked up from his little torture chamber, glancing from the little devious boy to Myungsoo. A slight smile came upon his lips. “Do you really wanna know?”

            “Yeah!”
            Myungsoo felt his eyes fall open, twisting over to face Sungyeol and grab onto his arm. “Do not tell him.”

            “Why shouldn’t I?” Sungyeol asked, a smug look pasted on his face at the fake memory of Myungsoo being his cleaner.

            “Yeol –“

            “Holy ing crap.”

            The two boys glanced over at the youngest, seeing that his eyes were exactly fixated on the hand that was fastened around Sungyeol’s.

            “Do not tell me,” Sungjong gasped, his wide, sparkling eyes looking up at the two, “that my brother is dating Lee Sungyeol!”

            The terror filled in that room seemed to be about twenty times the one going on outside.

 

“So tell me,” Gyuri began, “where are you staying right now?”

            “Staying?”

            “Yeah. You’re with Ara and Lime, right?”

            Hoya nodded, crossing his arms for a second. “In some place. I don’t really know where…you should ask Ara and Lime themselves. Hey – I have my phone with me right now, how about we call them and –“

            “Oh, no!” Gyuri laughed away. “It’s alright. I prefer being, like, Batman. You know, in the shadows, protecting everybody without them knowing it. It gives me a prideful feeling.”

            Smiling, Hoya continued walking. It was beginning to get colder and colder where they were heading.

            “Hey…where are we even going?” He questioned for the first time in their journey to the other side of the building.

            “Where else –“ Gyuri stopped, pointing at a door and opening it. “Here we are.”

            Just as Hoya was about to let out a sigh of relief and thank Gyuri, the woman’s phone began ringing. From his point of view as she took out her phone, he saw the caller ID

            Kwanghee.

            “!” Hoya screamed out loud, weird images coming to his mind when the name ‘Kwanghee’ came on. “You –“

            “No, you shouldn’t be so trustworthy,” Gyuri grinned, picking up the phone as she grabbed Hoya’s wrist and tossed him into the room.

            “HEY –“ Hoya screamed, just as the door shut behind him. He heard a little clicking, some chatter, and it was silent.

            Wrinkling his nose, Hoya looked around the pitch black room and gulped. What was…he supposed to…

            Phone.

            He still had his phone.

            Hoya smiled wide, grabbing his phone from his pocket and going to his contact list, the first caller being Ara.

            He punched the number in, but that was when he realized something.

            It smelled funny. The air. Or the room, actually. Like…like a weird dandelion, or something –

            And all of a sudden he couldn’t smell anything. Or feel anything, really.

            Or see.

            Or touch.

            Or taste.

            A clear voice rang through the phone, followed by desperate screaming. It laid on the ground, the screen shining bright and glowing counter to the dust floating everywhere.

            Nobody answered.

 

I hope you all have realized how much i at dramatic writing~

HEY GUISE SO IT WAS THE ELECTIONS. obama won~ and LOL for mayor of my city, a Korean man won! why am i so proud LOL. AWK. no but like when romney was in the lead, my wonderfully uneducated yet educated little sister was all "that's because the big blue states haven't voted yet." oh i love her. 

BUT STILL HOLYYYY KIM SUNGGYUUUUUU KLSDANCKLJHDFKLDNCLJKASDHFLASKNCLKSHFA SERIOUSLEHHHH.

mianhae for no Dongwoo :( 

didyaseewhatidid on Jongie's interrogation with Sungyeol? bahahahahahahaha i'm sorry. i couldn't help it. i just had to. i just had to.

omfg guise worst day ever got dress coded for the first time gahhhhh so how was your day?♥

byebye^^♥ i'm taking an attempt at writing longer chapters, but it ain't working out all too well .______.

[[c:13]]

hey guise can you try something for me. in the comments, can you do like ;___; but in the empty blank write a cuss word that aff bans. i wanna see if this works XDDDDD