Forty One

Only Learned the Bad Things

“Are you sure about that??” a husky voice coming from behind me says in a playful tone and those five words confirms my initial thought, it is him. I can beat my life on that. It has to be him.

After a second in which my brain and my legs didn’t seem to work together at all because of the lack of response of the latter, I finally turn around and face the man I have been missing and loving like crazy all this time, Donghyun.

 

My still watery eyes travel around his handsome face and a smile spreads on my face instantly. He looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him. “Hi” are the only words I can say, my voice sounding so shaky I feel embarrassed about it.

“Hi” he answers smiling, that smile that makes me mesmerized every single time I see it. I look into his eyes that seem to be shining brighter than ever like the only start on a dark night. I open my mouth to try to tell him how much I love him, how much I have missed him, how happy I am to see him and a lot more but before I can say anything he comes closer to me and hugs me tightly.

In a second I am take over by everything that is Donghyun. I can feel his soft hands around my sides, his strong arms wrapping around my waist and our bodies pressing against each other, his heart beating so hard against my own chest and the weight of his head on my shoulder.   

I press myself closer to him, burying my face on the crook of his neck as more tears leave my eyes. I am sure I my tears are making his shirt wet but he doesn´t seem to mind as he gently my hair just letting me cry.

“I missed you so much” he whispers softly so I am the only one that can hear him. “so so much” he adds in the same low tone of voice and I raise my head so I can look at him properly.  When I see him, my heart stops for a second, there are a couple of glistening lines on his cheeks, where he has shed some tears.

Even with slightly red eyes he still looks so handsome but I don’t want to see tears on his face. I know they are happy tears just like mine but it still hurts to see him like this. “Don’t cry” I say in a small voice and he smiles at my words.

He lets out a huff before saying “You are one to talk” I immediately wipe away my tears after his words and smile at him. “I am really happy to see you” he says while caressing my cheek softly to remove some of the still lingering tears.

“Me too” I say while removing the tears out of his face with my thumb, just like he did seconds ago. We both stare into each other’s eyes for a moment, a moment that felt so perfect that I don’t want it to end but Donghyun has other plans.

He starts to reduce the space between us slowly his eyes full with pure love and care and I can´t help but feel really blessed. It amazes me that out of all people in this world I fell in love with him and what makes all of this a miracle is that he loves me back.

 

“Hmm hmm” I look at my left side where Jeongmin is looking at us with an apologetic expression. “You better stop before Alex`s dad kills you Donghyun” Jeongmin`s words make me snap out of my little daydream and I look to my right where my dad looks like he is about to explode. I immediately create some space between Donghyun and I, letting go of his embrace and standing next to Jeongmin.

The rest of the party was spent with me smiling like a crazy person to every single one of them, they all sign happy birthday to me and we all shared stories about what has been this time without seeing each other. I let them know about the times I would cook for seven people without realizing and end up eating the same thing for a week.

I also told them that I thought someone has broken inside the house and about that poor broom I pretty much broke on the hallway. Jeongmin laughed so hard he almost fall of on the floor fortunately Hyunseong caught him on time and helped him sit on the couch.

My parents were confused with our stories but they kept listening and laughing too. They told me dad has decided to quit his stressful job and start his own business which we all congratulated him for and cheer for his success.

After a couple of hours my parents decide to leave for the day or it would be too late for them to go back home. We said our goodbyes and I promised I’ll go next Saturday to spend the weekend with them which they happily accepted.

 

“Did you like the surprise??” Donghyun asks me after I close the door to my parents. it took me a few seconds to understand his words though. He did all of this, right?? He planned this surprise birthday party for me?? He even brought my parents from my hometown??

“I did” I answer honestly “I can’t believe you told my parents you are my boyfriend. I really loved to see all of you here. I thought I will never see you guys again” I smile at him briefly as another thought invades my mind. How did they manage to come here in the first place?? I am sure the government wouldn`t allow them to, then how?? Does manager even know they are here??

“You guys didn´t do anything reckless, right??” I ask with worry in every cell of my body to the six guys on the room but neither of them answers me “How come you are all here?? What happened??”

“We are your neighbors now!! We are living on the first two floors” Minwoo says in a happy go lucky voice while eating yet another piece of cake. Really, how can he eat so many sweets?? WAIT!! WHAT?? WHAT IS THIS ABOUT BEING MY NEIGHBORS??!!

“What do you mean??” I turn my attention to Donghyun who is sitting on the other couch next to a now sleeping Kwangmin but he doesn’t answers, instead I hear Hyunseong’s voice.

“After we realized Xiaoyu was still alive we knew our headquarters have been compromised, she could have told our location to anyone so the government started a relocation plan for us” he says.

“But they really didn’t start doing anything until Xiaoyu was captured, manager told us we will be moving while you were still unconscious, but he never told us when or where to” Youngmin explains “We never got the chance to tell you before you left”

“The government selected a place for us to establish, manager agreed and then the conditioning of the place started without further delays. It was all really fast and we were clueless about you living here until today” Jeongmin says with a light smile “It is his entire fault” he points at Donghhyun.

“It is all really thanks to manager we are here now. By ‘accident’ he let me know of your current location and about the possible places where the government was planning to relocate us. I just had to change some data and make sure to fool the right people”

He takes a deep breath before adding “I couldn’t tell anyone about it because it could have all gone wrong in a second. If the others knew and the government found out about what I was doing, we all could have been accused of treason” he says casually.

 

WAIT!! WHAT??!! IS HE FREAKING CRAZY!! HE ACTUALLY FOOLED THE GOVERNMENT TO BUILD THE NEW HEADQUARTERS HERE!! IN THIS BUILDING!!

“Are you crazy?? What were you thinking??” I ask Donghyun, my voice coming out in an accusing tone but I keep going “This could have gone horribly wrong!! How could you put everyone around you in danger??” I really don’t get him. He has been too reckless. They could have been in jail by now if something went wrong.

“You did the same before me, you know?? You almost got us all killed so I would comeback!! IT IS THE SAME THING!!” He snaps at me and I feel the sudden anger boiling inside of me. Is he comparing this to the time I spent with Xioayu?? THAT WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!

“IT IS NOT THE SAME AT ALL DONGHYUN!! I HAD TO DO IT OR I WOULD HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU AGAIN!! BESIDES I WASN’T MESSING WITH THE FREAKING GOVERNMENT!!” I start yelling and I look around for Hyunseong to help me get Donghyun to understand what I mean but then I realize we are the only ones in my apartment. When did they get out of here??

“AND WHY DID YOU THINK I DID IT?? BECAUSE  I FELT LIKE IT??” Donghyun’s loud screams make me focus on him again “WE ARE SAFE NOW, OK!! THE GOVERNMENT WON’T DO ANYTHING TO US” he states firmly.

SAFE?? IS HE KIDDING ME?? HE FREAKING LIED TO THE GOVERNMENT!! THERE IS NO WAY WE ARE SAFE!! IF THEY FIND OUT ABOUT IT … I DON’T WANT TO THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO US!!

“WHAT IF THEY FOUND OUT ABOUT WHAT YOU DID?? WHAT IF THEY GO BACK TO THE RECORDS AND REALIZE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG?? WE’LL BE ALL INVOLVED THEN” I try to make him understand why his actions were so silly and rushed but he doesn´t listen to me.

“THEY WON’T!! THEY NEVER CHECK THOSE RECORDS TO BEGIN WITH!!” he yells back stepping closer to me. Really, why do we have to fight all the time?? Everything was fine a while ago and here we are now yelling at each other like there is no tomorrow!!

“I DON’T GET IT DONGHYUN!! YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE DONE SOMETHING SO STUPID!! IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS!! THERE WERE OTHER WAYS FOR US TO MEET AGAIN!!” I am really trying to understand why he did it but there is no logical explanation for it.

“NO, THERE WASN’T!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD I TRIED BUT THERE WAS NOTHING!! THEY DIDN’T ALLOW ME TO EVEN CALL YOU!! I PROMISED YOU THAT EVERYTHING WAS GOING TO BE OK AND I COULDN’T KEEP THAT PROMISE!!” Donghyun starts to get more agitated with each second and he is closer to me now.

“DO YOU KNOW HOW USELESS I FELT ALL THIS TIME?? THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY!! THE ONLY WAY I COULD BE WITH YOU AGAIN AND I WASN´T GOING TO STAND STILL UNTIL ANOTHER CHANCE LIKE THIS CAME ALONG!!” He is in front of me right now and I am surprised at his words, this is the first time he is letting me know what he truly feels.

“CAN´T YOU SEE ITT??” he yells while groping my arms with his hands, holding me in place “I DID THIS BECAUSE I NEED YOU NEXT TO ME SO BADLY!! BECAUSE I COULDN’T STAND BEING APART FROM YOU!! I DID IT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU” he lets out the last words before kissing me suddenly.

 

The kiss is rough and hurried, like Donghyun is trying to make me realize how desperate he has felt when he couldn´t be close to me, when he couldn´t see me. At first I try to get away from his grip and stop this kiss but too soon my resolve is lost when he starts kissing me softly and my lips automatically respond.

I have been longing for a moment like this for so long, to be this close to him, to feel his lips caressing mine and the warmth of our bodies pressed together. My hands travel around his neck, freely caressing his dark hair tugging on some strands from time to time and feeling it softens.

The kiss gets deeper as he tilts my head slightly to the side and I am pretty much about to faint because of the lack or air now but I rather pass out than stop kissing him. I have missing him so much I don´t want this moment to end at all. It just feels incredible to be like this with him.

Finally, he let’s go of my lips and stares into my eyes with that clear look that I love so much. “I am sorry” I let out my words in a whisper “I would have done the same If I were you” I smile to him and answer honestly. “I am just worried”

“I like it when you say I am right” he smiles playfully and I break our embrace “I didn’t say you were right I am just saying I understand why you did it” I say in a defiant tone.

“I know what you mean” he whispers softly “Alex, you don’t have to worry about the government. I’ll take care of it if anything happens, ok??” he adds before pecking my cheek sweetly and I nod at his words.

I trust him. I really do, if I keep worrying I won’t be able to enjoy this amazing change of events, to be able to be with all of them again. To be living so close to him, it really feels like my dreams come true. No more lonely days, no more coming back to an empty apartment, they are here with me now.

 

Suddenly he holds me by my waist and pulls me in another close hug startling me. “Do you realize we are alone now??” he smirks at me, his look suddenly changing and pulling me into him without even realizing it like he has put some sort of spell on me.

“Yes, the guys left a while ago while we were yelling” I said embarrassed. The other must have felt really uncomfortable to be hearing us so they left. I own them an apology. “They must be tired of us arguing all the time” I look down ashamed.

“Maybe, but we always work things out” he says smiling and I can’t agree more with him more “I am sorry I get so worked up at times. You know I love you, right??” he says out of the blue and I can’t help but blush at his words.

“I love you too” I whisper before he closes the gap between us. Our lips engaging once again in a dance of push and pull, too focused on feeling each other to care about anything else, to care about our surroundings or where these kisses that had become too hot too suddenly might lead us to later.

 

 

That day was really a memorable one, not only I was able to keep living close to the people I know, to the ones I consider my family but something else happened that night. No one planned for it to happen but it did, I really don’t know how to describe it but I felt like we were connected beyond words and thoughts, like we were together not only in body but also in soul. That same night Donghyun and I became one.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE (3/3)

This is the last chapter you guys BUT it is not the end!!! There is an epilogue coming soon so please wait for it!!! It will be happening on the future... where will our carachters be at that time ¿?

Thank you for keep reading commenting and not getting tired of this writter who takes to long to post a chapter!! Really thank you guys!! I won't say goodbye yet!!! :D

There are too many Boyfriend news going on with the comeback and if you want to know more about the guys or me (kkkk) you can follow me on twitter @_tsoul

 

Never forget:

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND