Twenty Five

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

A handsome man is sitting in front of the piano on the music room. He sighs and looks down at his slender hands on the keyboard. He remembers the first time he learned to play the piano. Her dad taught him when he was 12 years old, half a year before his parents passed away, and he instantly loved the sounds coming from the imposing instrument.

He also remembers the first time he saw Xiaoyu playing the piano. It had been a few days after they met at the orphanage that she told him she also played the piano. He wanted to hear her playing and she complied. When he heard her, he was surprised at her skills. She was way better than him at that time.

The man closes his eyes and shakes his head trying not to think about her. Why does every time he remembers something about his past he remembers her too??

All the memories he has with her are fake, a lie. She was lying right from the start. He doesn’t know if she actually likes to play the piano. He doesn’t know what she is really like. He doesn’t know if he would have cared for the real Xiaoyu or if he would have loved her.

The man tries to stop thinking about all of his worries but it is too late now. His train of thoughts won’t stop and he is so in them that he doesn’t notice the girl that has just entered to the quiet music room.

The man remembers when he saw Xiaoyu again after all these years. He felt truly happy that she was alive but soon his heart got crushed when she confessed she lied to him all this time. When she threatened him, the man felt sad and disappointed but more than anything he felt angry. Angry for being so stupid, for being deceived and mocked by her.

But anger soon turned into sadness and regret. He never thought he would point a gun at her but he had to do it in order to protect Alex. Even though the dark haired man tried to shot Xiaoyu he couldn’t.

He knows he should hate her for lying and for giving the order to hurt Hyunseong but he doesn’t because he also has the blame of it. He should have noticed at some point that she was lying but he never saw it. He should have helped her to do the right thing but he couldn’t.  He should have saved her.

Save her from turning into the person she is right now, save her from hurting the people who used to care for her. The man starts to play the melody she once taught him, the one she wrote. The man liked the song since the first time she played it because it was so similar to her.

The confused man thinks that maybe if he hears the song he can notice something. Maybe if he keeps playing it he can understand her. What were you thinking Xiaoyu?? Why did you deceive us??

The man is convinced that if he knows the reason why she did it his heart and mind can be at ease, maybe that way he could have some peace.

The man sighs once again. Peace, he remembers the last time he had that feeling although it didn’t last as long as he would have liked. It was when Alex hugged him yesterday. He felt like he didn’t have any problem in the world when he felt her hands holding onto him.

Her hug was so warm and comforting for the man that he couldn’t think of anything else but that. He just wanted to keep feeling like that so he lied down on the bed next to her and hugged her. He just wanted to be close to her.

The man couldn’t help but look at her while she was sleeping, she looked so beautiful and he had the impulse of kissing her but at that moment but she woke up and his heart began to pound on his chest because of he was thinking of doing.

After talking with manager though he felt guilty. How can he feel happy peaceful by being with her when everyone was having a hard time because of Xiaoyu?? How could he feel happy when Hyunseong is hurt??

Suddenly the man feels a soft warm pressing on my lips. He knows that warmth. It feels the same as when Alex hugged him but it is much stronger.

The man opens his eyes and sees the girl he was just thinking about. His heartbeat’s pace starts to increase when he realized she just kissed him but the man notices something that makes him immensely worried. She has tears on her eyes. She is crying.

“I am sorry” the girl who has been observing the man for a while starts talking but the man can only focus on her eyes full of tears. Alex, why were you crying?? Are you ok??

“I didn’t mean to…” the girls talks again but the man stands up and move closer to her. He tries to look into her eyes but she avoids him. Alex, what made you cry??

Suddenly the man pulls the girl closer to him by her waist. They look into each other’s eyes for a few seconds until he leans closer and wipe her tears away with his thumbs “Don’t cry” the man whisper after kissing her cheek gently and he hugs her, holding onto her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. Don’t cry Alex. If you are sad my heart feels sad too. “Why were you crying??”

There is a long silence before the man hears her answer “I don’t want you to feel guilty because of her” the girl sounds really sad and her words go deep into the man’s heart. “Please don’t be sad because of her” He feels her hands moving through his sides reaching his back and embracing him in a hug.

 

The man keeps quiet thinking about the words he just heard and the one who said them. How does she know how I feel?? Why her words sound like she is the one in pain?? I am the reason why she was crying, right?? She was sad because of me, because I don’t know how to forget Xiaoyu. I thought she was in the past but meeting her again like this, I never expect it.

“She is responsible for her own actions, not you. So please Donghyun, stop doing this to yourself. Don’t blame it on you and let it go, just let her go.”

The man can’t explain how the words sound so truthful on . He knows she is right. He knows he is blaming himself when actually another person made those decisions and actions. Her words seem to have triggered something inside both his mind and heart and at that point the man takes a bow.

No more looking back, no more regrets, no more.

He will leave it in the past even if it is hard for him. He has to do it but not for him. He can keep thinking how to find an answer that he will probably never get. He can deal with the confusion, sadness and regret but he can’t deal with this. He can’t deal with the fact that he is hurting her. He can’t deal with seeing her sad and crying like this. 

I am sorry Alex. I am sorry for being a fool. A fool who focus on the past and makes you cry. A fool who can’t confess properly to you. A fool who doesn’t know how to take care of you. A fool who doesn’t know how to tell you all of these.

 

A fool who loves you.

 

“I will let it go” the man breaks the silence and looks at the girl’s eyes again. It seems like her eyes are pulling him into a spell. They are a deep black color and they show her soul, so clear and kind. Without realizing their faces are inches apart. Was I the one who leaned closer or was it her?? Does it matter?? They are closer and he can feel her breath ghosting on his lips.

The first time, he kissed her but she was drunk so she didn’t remember any of it. Just minutes ago, the second time, she kissed him by surprise and he didn’t even register it. He just felt the warmth. Now, is about to be the third time. The third time their lips will meet each other, feel each other, taste each other.

 

 

 

“Manager!! Donghyun!! Alex!! Minwoo!! Youngmin!! Kwangmin!! ” an extremely happy voice calling their names made them both jump in surprise and breaking their hug.

“Was that Jeongmin?? Is he calling everyone??” the girl asks with a flushed face and the man smiles at how cute she looks like that.

“I think so” the man answers and his smile grows bigger at the only reason why their friend who had been terrible depressed lately will sound so chirped and happy.

The girl opens her eyes and mouth wide open before saying in a happy voice “Hyunseong!!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello Guys!!!

 

I am updating!!! What do you think about Donghyun realizing he loves Alex?? Please don't kill because I don't make them kiss just be happy because a certain someone is awake and healthy ( last line of the chapter ) 

 

AND

 

I have two good news:

1. There is a bonus scene of this chapter ( look for it at the recently created: Bonus Scene - OLTBT http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/536385). I created this side bonus scene story because I realized I write some side scenes that I never get to bring to the story so yeah, I want you guys to read those too ^^

 

2. Today is double update!!! ( I know i post a chapter every month but don't worry the world is not ending . It is holiday on my home country so I had time to write )

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND