Thirty Eigth

Only Learned the Bad Things

I never realized how much I have missed college until I set a foot in it again. The excitement of the beginning of a new semester was everywhere, students chatting and running happily in all directions, teachers scolding a few too loud freshmen.

The day went by really fast, before I notice my morning classes were over and I surprisingly have made a couple of friends who invited me to eat lunch with them but I politely refuse. I walk out of the campus and head to a place I haven’t visited in a long time.

The trees look taller than the last time I was here, except for that everything looks the same. It is amazing that after a year and a half this place hasn’t changed at all. There is no one around so this park is still a hidden jewel, right??

I walk around the park until I reach my usual bench. I sit on it and close my eyes, enjoying the warm day. Who would have thought that after all that has happened I will be back to this place.

It’s only natural, those were manager’s words.

 

.

.

.

 

“You all knew this was bound to happen. Alex, you are a civilian. It is only natural that the government doesn’t want you inside the program if it is not strictly necessary” manager told us when we were all having lunch the day after I woke up.

“While you were working with us your status was officially the one of a civilian under special protection even after what happened with Xiaoyu. They also think that you are too risky if you become an agent. You have a traceable past and relatives who will be put in danger if something goes wrong. So now, they have asked for you to go back to your life” manager’s voice sounds full of regret, like he has failed me somehow.

I can feel everyone’s eyes on me, waiting for me to say something but I really don’t know what to say or think. Go back to my life?? So, all the time I spent here, that wasn’t my life?? All of the things that I experienced, weren’t part of my life as well?? WHAT?? THEY THOUGHT I WAS ON A FREAKING VACATION??!!

“My life?? What is that supposed to mean??” I ask manager trying to suppress the sudden anger that has risen in me. I am not dumb, I know what he means and I don’t like it, not at all.

“You have to leave and go back to college, the government is willing to provide you a new place to stay and pay for all until you finish your studies. It is their way of compensating you for everything” I can tell manager is disgusted because of what he is saying and I feel exactly the same. Does the government think that they can fix everything with money??

Before I can start ranting about this messed up scenario I hear a pretty angry voice.

“THIS IS TOTALLY STUPID!! How can they be so blind?? Don’t they know that if it wasn’t for Alex, Xiaoyu would still be messing with their plans!!” Jeongmin says.

“Jeongmin is right, Alex is as much part of the team as the rest of us, they can’t tell her to go” Hyunseong says in a much calmer tone but I can still distinguish anger in his words.

“Alex is an excellent agent, she is a great shooter too. How can they just let her skills waste like that??” Kwangmin says while crossing his arms in his chest, a sign of protest.

“They can’t just remove her, she balances the whole team. We have a better teamwork now than we never had before” Youngmin trails off and ends up biting his lower lip and focusing his eyes on managers, like he is saying something to him telepathically.

“Alex noona” I look at Minwoo who is suddenly talking “you are not leaving us, right??” his eyes look so sad that it instantly diminishes my anger.

Leaving them?? I don’t want to leave that is for sure. I don’t want to be away from all of these people I consider my friends, my family. And now that I know Donghyun loves me too I don’t want to be apart from him.

“Minwoo, she has to go” Donghyun’s words leave me speechless “We all know how the government works, if they want something they will make it happen” I look at Donghyun who is sitting next to me he is looking at Minwoo with a serious look but he holds my hand tightly under the table, not letting it go.

 

.

.

.

 

I wake up from my memories and make my way back to college. I still have a couple of classes to go before going back to my apartment. After two hours of history of art followed by three of workshop I am finally on my way home.

After getting out of the bus the walk to my apartment only takes me a few minutes, with every step I take I can feel the tiredness invading my body even though it is just my first day. Before I realize, I am already in front of my apartment.

It is a really nice and quiet building. Maybe too quiet, I haven’t seen a single person besides me since I arrived three weeks ago. My apartment is on the third floor so I start walking the stairs calmly while looking for my card key, when I open my wallet there is something else that catches my eye, it is a picture.

The picture that it was taken almost a montht ago, the last day I saw all of them. I smile sadly at the picture and sit down on the stairs for a while just to look at it properly. Saying goodbye to them is one of the hardest things I have done in my life.

I remember Youngmin saying that I was a strong person with one of the nicest auras he has ever seen so I will be alright. I guess that is why he is smiling on the picture, maybe he knows me better than I do. Kwangmin didn’t say a lot to me that day he only hugged me really tightly and whispered a soft “I’ll miss you”, he looks adorable on the picture because of the Pikachu hoodie he is wearing but his big doe eyes looked really sad.

Jeongmin told me to live my life with no regrets and that I shouldn’t be sad for leaving because the people you love never leave you, they are always in your heart. I hugged him after that and thank him for being a good friend. I also asked him to take care of Hyunseong which he agreed to with a nod.

Hyunseong, my bestfriend since childhood, he said that this wasn’t a goodbye. That destiny has brought us together already twice and that he was sure it will happen again. His words made my eyes watery. He also made me promise to contact my parents as soon as I get to the apartment because they must be worried about me not contacting them for so long.

Hyunseong and Jeongmin are standing next to each other on the picture, Hyunseong`s arm is around Jeongmin’s waist in a possessive but cute way and Jeongmin is blushing softly because of it. They really are the most compatible couple I have seen and they are absolutely crazy for each other.

I look at the boy who is standing next to Hyunseong on the picture. His big eyes look puffy and he has a slight pout on his lips which makes him look even more like a kid, Minwoo. He gave me one of the most shocking confessions I have ever received that day.

We were sitting on the kitchen alone and he was looking down at his hands when he started to talk. He said he never had a mother of her own and that I was the only person that has shown him how a mother really is and that he didn’t want his ‘Omma’ to go.

I cried at that moment and Minwoo panicked he told me that he didn’t want to burden me with his feelings but I wasn’t crying because of that. It is just that I never thought I would feel that kind of love for someone. I immediately hugged him and brush his hair softly, trying to calm me down more than anything. I told him that he will always be my son and I will always be his mother that even if we have to be apart I will be thinking of him all the time. After that I placed a soft kiss on top of his head and he mumbled a ‘Thanks omma’ which melt my heart in a second.

Minwoo is hugging me by my waist on the picture like a child not wanting to let go of his mother on his first day of school at my other side there is someone who is smiling brightly as if everything is fine and just seeing his hand intertwined with mine on a piece of paper makes my heart beat faster.

 

Donghyun was the last person I said goodbye to. It was as if I let the most important person to the end. I remember the guys were helping me placing my stuffs in the van of some guys from the government when Donghyun pulled me out of there and led me to the music room without a single word.

He stood in front of me just looking at me, like he was studying my face and I did the same. His hair as black as a starless night falling perfectly just above his eyes, the same dark eyes that I could look at forever, they are always so clear and strong. His fair skin always an ivory like color and his perfectly shaped nose, he is really handsome. And his lips, his soft and pinkish lips that I love to kiss.

Before I noticed it I was leaning on to him and I pecked his lips lightly. I blushed immediately at my actions and Donghyun smiled softly in response, he placed his arms around me hugging me by my waist and pulling me closer to him. I just looked at him one more time, studying his face again.

“What are trying to do??” he asked me in a playful tone and I blinked a few times before answering.

“It is just that, I don’t want to forget your face” I told him and he leaned closer to me, resting his head on my shoulder and sighing. I hugged him back enjoying his warmth. It felt so safe and cozy to be just like that with him.

“Alex, everything is going to be fine” He said while rubbing my back softly “Do you trust me??” he asked and nodded in agreement. I have trusted him my life once and I would do it again without thinking it.

“Then trust we will be together again, there is no way I am letting you go now that I know you love me too” Donghyun words somehow made me even sadder. Why do I have to say goodbye to people that I love so much?? What am I going to do without them in my life?? They are my family now and you don’t abandon family.

“Alex, don’t cry” Donghyun whispered before placing a soft kiss on my cheek. He moved back to look at me and he wiped my tears away softly with his thumbs. “I love you” he whispered and more tears run down my eyes. “I love you” he said again before capturing my lips in a soft gentle kiss that numbed my head for a while.

When the kiss was over he said again those three words “I love you” and I smiled at him “I love you too” that was our goodbye.

 

I let a big sigh out and stand up from the stairs I have been sitting for a while now. I really miss them, all of them. How are they doing?? Is Donghyun taking good care of everyone?? Is Hyunseong having a hard time cooking by himself?? Jeongmin leg is still injured?? What about Youngmin and Kwangmin, how are they doing?? And Minwoo, is he alright??

When I am finally standing in front of my door and I am about to open it, I notice something. The door is unlocked!! That can only mean one thing … SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY APARTMENT!! 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! Sorry for the LONG hiatus but I am back now ^^ and this story is ending in the next 2 chapters so please look forward to them :)

There will be only one more bonus scene and I'll probably add sides stories there but not inmmediately, so remember to subscribe to BONUS SCENES

 

On Boyfriend News: KOREAN COMEBACK FINALLY!!! You know the title is OBSESSION waaaaa!! The boys are teasing us with a comeback trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h7XvgaRv8Y. There will be a Twitter Attack on the 23d, 6PM (KST) so please tune in and there is going to be a premiere Showcase on June 9th aka Hyunseong's Birthday BASH!!!

I am so excited for this COMEBACK!!! 

That is all for now, thank you for keep reading, commenting and subscribing and for the private messages too :D

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND