Twenty Eight

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

I wake up to the sound of the river and the morning birds and I smile happily. I really enjoy sleeping in my own bed. I sit down on my bed and stretch myself before getting ready. I change my clothes just to a simple flower pattern dress, it is sunny and hot outside so there is no need to put on more clothes.  I step out of my room and hear some noise coming from the kitchen.

“Good morning Alex” I hear my mom saying and I hug her when I reach the kitchen where she is making breakfast.

“Good morning mom” I let her go and start helping her to make the rice. Whenever I come home I feel like I am back on the days when I was a kid and helped my mom to cook every day, when I went to play by the river with my friends and when the only problem I had was having good grades at school. Life was much simpler then.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you Alex. Your dad went to the fish market earlier to get some fresh blue crab for lunch” I smile at her words while checking on the kimchi soup with my chopsticks. I love the blue crab soup my mom makes. I can’t wait to try it.

Ever since I arrived three days ago all my parents have done is treat me with so much love and spoiled me without holding back. I know they are acting like this because they haven’t seen me in such a long time and it makes me feel awful.

They haven’t asked once why I haven’t contacted in all these months. They just care that I am here with them right now and it makes me feel even worst, my parents love me a lot and I love them back. They are really important to me and lying to them it is killing me.

“Mom, I am really sorry” I blur out without thinking, then I add “Sorry for not contacting you for so long” my words break the comfortable silence and I stare at the soup waiting for her response.

“It is ok Alex, your dad and I understand. You must have been really busy with school”

I bite my lip to prevent the truth to come out, I am so tempt to tell her what has really happened. Mom, I no longer go to college nor study architecture. I am part of a special organization of the government now, every day I live surrounded by guns and fights and enemies.

“Yeah, I was” I lie to her.

 

.

.

.

 

After eating lunch with my parents we head to the art center of the city to watch a tae kwon do demonstration my dad has heard about a lot. My dad has always liked martial arts but he never got the chance to practice them so he really enjoys seeing other people doing it.

The show starts and it is pretty entertaining, there is even a kids demonstration and I can’t stop smiling at seeing them, especially because the tree little ones reminds me of Kwangmin, Youngmin and Minwoo.

After the kids leave the stage a though looking guy enters the stage and invite anyone who wants to fight against him. A huge guy from the public volunteers and tries to fight the other one but after no more than a minute he is defeated.

The crowd claps at the performance and another smile appears on my face, the though looking guy is good at fighting but not even close to Jeongmin’s or Hyunseong’s ability. If he would fight either of them he wouldn’t last more than fifteen seconds.

After the show is over we just head back to the house. I go to the garden we have and just lie down on the grass looking at the stars. The sky is so beautiful at this time of the year, I breathe slowly and relax.

“Alex” I hear my mom voice and my eyes snap out open. Did I fall sleep?? I sit up and she smiles coming closer and sitting next to me on the grass.

“Alex, who is Donghyun??” my mom words left me totally speechless. What??

“What??” What did she just say?? Donghyun?? How does she know that name??

“Alex you have been calling that name in your sleep since you arrive” she smiles lightly “So would you tell me who this Donghyun guy is??” I look down at the grass.

Since I arrived I have been avoiding thinking about him because if I do I know I would miss him too much. I thought I had succeed but I guess I can’t control my subconscious and my dreams, so I have been saying his name?? I know I can tell my mom anything but still, this is so embarrassing.

“Donghyun is my friend” I answer honestly. He is after all my friend but he is also the man I love.

My mom nods at my words “And you like this friend of yours??” she asks and this time I am the one nodding in response.

“And he likes you back??” my mom ask and my heart is shaken because of her words. Does he like me?? Does Donghyun like me?? Honestly I have no idea. I don’t know what he is feeling nor thinking, I never know and it is so hard to try to figure it out all the time. It is so hard that I don’t know what to do anymore. I just want to hug him and tell him that I love. I just want to be with him.

I feel my mom hugging me and whispering “Don’t cry Alex” Am I crying?? I hug my mom back and pour my heart.

“I want to tell him what I feel even though I shouldn’t tell him” I sniffed “He has been hurt before, really hurt and I can see the scars of that pain. I don’t want to confuse him but I still want him to know what I feel”

I take a deep breath “Mom, am I too selfish?? Am I a bad person?? The last thing I want to do is hurt him but if I don’t tell him I am the one hurting” I cry harder and I feel my mom’s embrace becoming stronger.

“Alex, don’t worry” I hear my mom whispering “Love can be confusing at times but everything will work out. You really love him and that love will reach him, I am sure” I keep crying in silence while my mom my hair gently. Thank you mom, I love you.

I wake up on my bed and my heart is hurting because of all my crying yesterday. My heart feels lighter now after telling my mom about Donghyun, it is weird but her words make me feel better. The power that the words of a mother hold is truly amazing

I start packing my stuffs. It is time to go back.

 

.

.

.

 

I am standing in front of the poorly designed building that I have been living in for months now. I remember the first time I stand in front of it I was so scared, I thought I would die that day. I enter and pass by the huge door and see the man sitting on the chair as always.

I walk through and stand in the circle room full of doors that leads to the rest of the house, without a second I open the one that leads to the rooms. There I see all of the guys, except for Donghyun, sitting on the sofa which is pretty weird if you ask me.

“Noona!” Minwoo runs to me and gives me a bone crushing hug.

“Hi Minwoo” I say while I hug him back.

“Noona I am happy that you are back but I want him back too” he pouts cutely.

“What do you mean Minwoo??” Who does he want back??

“I want Donghyun hyung back” he crosses his arm now and I really don’t understand him.

“Is he on a mission or something??” I ask him and he looks down. What is wrong with him?? I hear some sniffles from him. Why is he crying??

“Minwoo, what is wrong??” I look at the other sitting on the sofa but all of them are avoiding my eyes.

 

“Donghyun hyung is gone” he says between sniffles and I freeze on my spot.

Donghyun is gone?? Where?? When?? Why??

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! I am updating yei :D

 

There is a bonus scene of this chapter, you can check it out here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/536385/4/bonus-scenes-only-learned-the-bad-things-romance-boyfriendband-donghyun-hyunseong-jeongmin-boyfriend-bonus

 

On Boyfriend News: Pinky Santa Ladies and Gentlemans and let me say how Donghyun makes pink look so y?? Like are you kidding me?? What about that pose, it is so *inviting* >< .

 

 

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND