Thirty Five

Only Learned the Bad Things

A sharp pain in my right arm makes me open my eyes, all I can see around looks grey and dark, there are ashes everywhere and my eyes are itching like crazy but I force them to stay open. I can hardly breathe because of the smoke surrounding me, the same smoke that doesn’t let me see clearly.

Donghyun, he is the first thing that comes to my mind. Where was he when the explosion occurred?? Why couldn’t I reach him at that time?? I … I couldn’t warned him about the bombs. What if he …. What if he was still inside of the building?? An awful feeling of worry fills me entirely making my breathing even more difficult adding to the smoky air around me.

I try to move my body up with great effort but I fail pitifully so instead of keep trying and wasting my energy I try to rotate my body which is still lying on the hard floor. I press my hands onto the floor to help me and I have to suppress a scream by biting my lower lip when I bent my right arm.

Finally, I am turning around and I can distinguish two figures close to me lying on the floor unconscious. “Minwoo” my voice is so weak that I can barely hear it. “Kwangmin”. I try to clear my voice and call for them again. “Minwoo!! Kwangmin!!”

I move closer to them and had to stop a couple of times in the way to catch my breath. “Minwoo!! Kwangmin!!” my voice louder than before.

 

“Alex!!” I hear another voice further from me but I can’t see who is calling me. “Alex, are you ok??” It is Jeongmin’s voice. “Jeongmin!! Is Youngmin with you?”

“Yeah, he is till unconscious” there is a moment of silence in which I can hear Jeongmin breathing hard, maybe too hard.

“Jeongmin, are you ok??” I say while I keep dragging my body on the floor, passing Minwoo and Kwangmin’s bodies, heading to where Jeongmin’s voice is coming from. I make my way through the smoke and I see Youngmin’s body onto my left, he looks like he is sleeping peacefully expect for the fact that half of his body is grey because of the ashes covering him.

“Alex” I hear Jeongmin’s voice more like growling than talking. I turn around my head and that is when I see him. His body is also grey because of the ashes but there is also another color, red. A shade of red I have come to know too well, the red color of blood.

“Jeongmin!! Are you ok?? You are bleeding” my words sound weak and I move closer to him even if my body hurts too much right now. I hear him chuckling lightly and he gives me his signature smile.

“You are one to talk, you are bleeding too” I look at him in a weird way as I finally reach his side. I am not bleeding, what is he talking about?? “Alex, look at your arm” he says softly and I look at my left arm but I don’t see anything, then I look at my other arm and that is when I see it.

Blood, just were I felt the painful sting that woke me up. I examine my arm briefly and notice the blood is coming from the place where the bullet grazed me. The heat and strength of the explosion must have weekend the sensitive skin making the wound deeper.

“Where are you hurt??” I ask Jeongmin and he looks at me surprised.

“I am fine, just a silly cut on my leg, look” he says removing his hand from his left upper tight revealing a nasty and big cut across his leg. “Alex, we have to look for Hyunseong and Donghyun. I can’t contact them” I see worried written all over his face and I know he must be as scared and worried as I am.

Where are they?? Are they ok?? Did they get out of the building at the right time?? I don’t want to think otherwise or I think I will go crazy.

“Can you stand up??” I ask him and he shakes his head like saying no.

“This wounded leg won’t let me do much, you know?” he says smiling and I get surprised as how Jeongmin can be so strong and calmed at times like this, even with worry eating him alive just like I am feeling right now.

 “Can you stand up??” he ask me now and I nod. My arm might be hurt but that won’t stop me from looking to Donghyun and Hyunseong.

I turn around so my back is facing the grey sky and I take a deep breath before using all of my strength to reach a sitting position, unfortunately my strength wasn’t enough and my back fell onto the floor. I turned around on my back again to look at Jeongmin.

“Sorry” I let out the words in a tired pant as I try my hardest to keep my eyes open. It is as if I used all my strength and now I just want to rest, to close my eyes, to sleep but I can’t. I don’t know where Donghyun and Hyunseong are. I need to find them.

I feel my eyelids so heavy, as heavy as stones. ALEX!! DON’T SLEEP!! YOU CAN’T SLEEP!!

 

“Hyunseong” I hear Jeongmin’s voice saying as I see a dark figure approaching us, coughing loudly and taking clumsy and slow steps out of the destroyed building.

“Hyunseong!!” the figure seems to hear Jeongmin’s voice and starts walking faster but as clumsy as before, finally I can see Hyunseong’s face close to Jeongmin’s body. His face is all red and his clothes are burnt at parts, it seems like his cheek is slightly burnt. The explosion must have caught him.

He leans down to see Jeongmin and he smiles sweetly at him, the latter hands wraps around his neck as he spokes soft words to him that I can’t hear but I do notice silent tears running down Jeongmin’s cheeks and how carefully Hyunseong helps him to sit and how he hugs him tightly, like he doesn’t want to let go of him never again.

They spent a few moments like that, talking and hugging each other and I can pretty much guess they have just forgot about their surroundings when their faces lean closer to each other and they share probably the sweetest kiss I have ever seen.

I can feel my face heating up because of the kiss becoming more intense and I look away smiling lightly at them. There is no doubt about it, this two are meant to be together.

 

“Alex??” I hear my name after a few more minutes and look their way again. Hyunseong is looking at me with a reddish tone on his cheeks, the same red tone on Jeongmin’s ones.

“I am glad you are ok” I tell him honestly and he smiles at me. “You got out of the building at time?? Did you know about the bombs?? Do you know where Donghyun is??” I ask worriedly and I am dying to ask him more about Donghyun.

“I …. I lost Donghyun. We were in CEO’s room and we found him dead, Xioayu was there… she had killed him before we arrived.” Hyunseong takes a deep breath before keep going “She was waiting for us. She throw something weird at me, like some sort of gas and I out” he looks down ashamed. “I woke up to hearing some gunshots and when I looked around the room was empty”

“I … I went looking for them and I try to reach him but my mic was broken and then I hear you. I hear you guys running to the front door so I tried to follow you but I was still drowsy because of that gas” Jeongmin holds Hyunseong’s hand firmly like giving him the support he needs to keep telling us what happened.

“I made it to the kitchen and stopped for a while. That is when … when I hear the first explosion. I knew I wouldn’t make it to the front door so I hide behind the huge fridge and wait for it to be over. I … I don’t know where Donghyun is”

 

Hyunseong last words made something inside of me snap. There are so many feelings and thoughts inside of me and I don’t want to listen to them. I can’t listen to them otherwise I would probably have my heart broken or my mind having a meltdown, or both.

 “I am going to find him” my voice only audible to me like making a promise to myself. I use both my arms to stand up even though the pain is cruder than ever.

“Alex??” I see Hyunseong talking to me with a questioning face.

“I am going to find him” I say in a strong tone of voice, not an ounce of doubt in it. I start walking to the crumbled doorframe of the building which is in ruins now.

“Wait!! You don’t know what you will find there. What if …” Jeongmin’s voice trails off and I choose to ignore his words completely as I keep my way to the entrance.

There is no way I am giving up, not now. Not when I was so close to seeing him again, not when I have heard his voice just hours ago. There is no way I am leaving this building without him. There is no way I am letting the possibility of him being no longer breathing to stop me.

I enter the building that smells like burnt leather and wood everywhere and make my way to the living room. Everything is in crumbs, only the wooden structure of the couch stands there, black at most parts because of it being burnt.

I keep going my way passing through the long hallway which is filled with smoke and it is still in flames at some parts. I go into the room that used to be of those couple of sadist people, it smells like burnt meat in here and I don’t want to think about in which state their bodies are.

I am just focusing on looking for him, nothing more on my mind. “Donghyun!!” I call out his name with all the strength I have but no one answers. I go deeper into the room until I reach a shelf full of weird weapons that is on fire but no signs of him. No sight of Donghyun.

“DONGHYUN!!” my scream sounds so broken and desperate but I don’t care. I just need to see him, I need to find him. I turn around to leave this place and keep looking for him when I hear something breaking down and suddenly everything feels so hot around me.

The smoke around me has increased rapidly and now I can’t even see where I am standing, I start to cough loudly, it is too hard to breathe right now. Everything seems to go into darkness as I feel my legs failing me. I am too weak, I cough one more time before I feel my body falling slowly as my eyelids fall shut.

Weird, I can’t hear anything around me, like there is only silence and darkness around me. I should have hit the floor by now but it doesn’t hurt. It feels like I am floating. I open my eyes slightly and the darkness is still there but I can see it. I can see him.

 

His hair damped with sweat, worry in his eyes, his mouth saying something I can’t really hear.

 

“Donghyun” my voice is no more than a whisper.

 

Even though I want to see him for a little bit more, even if I want to make sure that is him and I am not imagining things, even if I am not sure what is going on around me right now my eyes can’t stay open anymore and they fall shut, leaving me in darkness again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!! Updating again!!! :)

There will be a bonus chapter that will be posted later and yes! it is Jeongseong sweet moment there :D

Here is the Bonus scene I promised!!! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/536385/8/

 

Thank you for waiting for my updates, I promise I will update more frequently. I have a lot of times in my hands now so I will try to post fastttt...

 

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND