Thirty Nine

Only Learned the Bad Things

The roof has felt the heavy atmosphere that has involved the whole building since the day she left. Everyone that lives inside these walls has been shaken by her departure one way or another. Some are good at keeping their pain for themselves and others, as much as they tried to deny it, just can’t hide it.

The person that should be sadder, anger with the turn of events and longing for her more than anyone has fallen back to his routine of visiting the roof every single day and spend long hours here, not wanting to interact with anyone other than the roof itself.

The rest of them think it is his way of dealing with everything that is happening but the roof knew better than that. The older dark haired man with fair skin didn’t seem shaken at all. He looked like he had something very important to do, always scribbling things on a little notebook, always looking thoroughly on his cellphone and sometimes having weird phone calls.

The roof had welcomed him with open arms but his actions got weirder as the days passed by, the man seems so busy with these random tasks that it doesn’t give him the time to think about the one he has lost, the one he still claims to love.

 

 

It is a cold night on the roof when a boy with puffy eyes and brown hair steps into the room with silent steps and goes closer to the dark haired man, interrupting him “Hyung! You have to get some sleep. It is already 2 AM” the younger’s soft voice travels around the roof thanks to the strong wind blowing.

“Minwoo. I’ll go down in a few minutes” the man answers without even sparing a glance to the boy who sighs and looks down at the floor with sad eyes. The young boy is having a hard time because of the cold and distant treatment he is receiving from the older man.

He has never treated him like this before, he has always been someone that worries for everyone around him but right now he felt that the older man didn’t care about nothing, not even himself. He hasn’t been sleeping, nor eating, nor doing anything but staying here.

“Hyung! I know how you feel” the young boy whispers “I miss her too” he admits to the cold night and looks at his hyung who has suddenly stand up from his permanent sitting position and is now standing further away from him, staring at the city lights.

“Hyung, she wouldn’t want you to be like this. You haven’t gone out of this place in too long, you didn’t even take part in the last mission we were assigned” the roof notices the effort the young boy is doing to reach to his hyung, to let him know that he is not alone and it can´t help but pity him.

“I am on a mission right now Minwoo” the man answers without turning around, his gaze fixed in a particular building that is the center of his operation, he is so close but so far away at the same time. If everything can go according to plan this time, just this time, only if things would work out then he…

“What?? What are you talking about??” the younger is obviously confused at his huyng’s words. The roof can only imagine what he might be thinking; A mission?? Maybe manager has given him a special assignment he doesn’t know of??

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll go to sleep in a while, ok?” the man turns around to give the young boy a reassuring smile. The latter nods in response and leaves the roof shortly after that but the roof saw passed that fake smile and knew that the man is obviously troubled.

The man sighs and focuses his gaze once again on the same building as minutes ago. He looks lost deep on his thoughts and his face expresses for the first time since he comeback to the roof worry, longing and sadness. The last feeling being so raw that it makes the roof hurt.

The man tightens his grip on the edge of the roof, as if by doing that simple action he will be able to hold back his emotions, he achieves it in a different way though, by whispering a soft “I love you” in hopes that the wind makes him the favor to take those three words to the person that they are meant to.

 

.

.

.

 

“This is so annoying! I hate packing!!” a short brown haired guy standing with the help of a couple of crutches says while placing some pants inside the black suitcase on top of his bed. “Why do we even have to move??”

“You heard manager, it is for safety issues” a black haired man with a strong built goes out of the room’s bathroom with perfectly folded towels on his strong arms “Xiaoyu knew this location too well, we don’t know if she told someone else about this place” he continues talking while placing the towels on the bed.

“Really!! How can she still be messing with our life when she has already been captured?? ” the younger groans and let’s himself flop down on the bed. “I don’t care how long the government has been planning this moving or how vulnerable we are by staying here. I don’t want to go”

“Why is that?? I didn’t know you like this place so much Jeongmin” the black haired man lies down on the bed close to the younger boy and holds his hand to play with his fingers while looking into his dark colored eyes.

“It is not that I love this place. It is just that, I have a lot of memories here and” the boy avoids the elder’s eyes before whispering “you know, this is the same bed where you first confessed to me…” he bites his lower lip as his cheeks get a pinkish color showing his embarrassment.

The black haired man smiles at the younger’s words “I know, this is the same spot where I first kissed you” he caresses the younger’s cheek softly, loving how warm his skin feels against his fingertips.

It is amazing how he feels under a spell every time he is close to him, he looks so innocent and endearing with his pink cheeks and the way he bites his lower lip, he wants nothing more than kiss those lips forever. The dark haired man leans closer and captures the younger’s lips in a sweet kiss.

The younger melts instantly against the other’s lips and places his hand on the other’s black hair, massaging it softly with his hand, just when he is about to pull the older closer to him so he can taste his lips better the sound of a door opening startles him.

The younger immediately pushes the older boy away and sits on the bed as if nothing is wrong. He hears the sound of something hitting the floor hard and he mentally apologizes to his boyfriend before looking towards the door.

On the frame of the door stands the black haired man who is their friend and leader, one of the two only people that know the truth about their relationship. The younger feels relieved that he is the one that opened the door or this would have been a situation really hard to explain.

“Mmm… You didn’t need to push Hyunseong out of the bed” The oldest of them says while approaching his hurt friend who is still lying on the floor.

 “Donghyun, this is your fault. You should have knock!!” the brown haired man says in an angry tone before holding one of his boyfriend’s arms to help him stand up.

“How come it is my fault?? You are supposed to be packing not acting like dogs in heat!!” the oldest of the three says in a slightly angry but teasing tone.

“We were not …” the brown haired boy tries to argue back before sulking like a little child and looking at his boyfriend with pleading eyes that scream PLEASE!! MAKE HIM GO AWAY!!

“Hyung, sorry about this, we just got carried away” the black haired man apologizes and scratches the back of his head to try to make his embarrassment go away.

“I am just messing with you” he smiles wholeheartedly “Oh, right. You guys have to be ready in two hours top. We are moving today!” he adds before leaving the room smiling.

“Don’t you think he is acting weird these days??” the brown haired guy asks. The latter looks at him confused. “After spending weeks on that roof he is suddenly too excited about moving out. I don’t know what is going on with him but this whole moving issue is really fishy.” He adds.

 

.

.

.

 

The black haired man is standing for the last time on the roof, looking at the same building that has been the focus of his thoughts since the day she left. Luck has been on his side this time and the day when he could be inside of that same building has finally come.

Thanks to manager’s help things have worked out better than expected. It was almost as if with his ‘careless’ actions manager was asking him to step up and he knew that if he hasn’t asked him directly to do it was because of the high risk of failing and the consequences that would bring upon every single one of them, the reason why he couldn’t discuss this with the other guys.

But once they arrive there, once they get install and the government leaves them alone. Then, everything will be alright again and the timing can´t be more perfect. This day will be very special, a day they will all remember. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE (1/3)

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND