Twelve

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

 

It has been a most two months since I started training and I have a whole routine now. This day went by like the others. First an early breakfast with Hyunnie because he is the only one who would be up at 6 am. Then I train with him a couple of hours.

With Hyunnie I have learned how to defend myself if someone attacks me, a one on one fight. He taught me that there are certain points in the body that if you press them correctly it can cause more pain than a punch. That way you can immobilize the enemy.

It has been really hard for me to learn how to fight but Hyunnie always helped me and we will practice a lot. Hyunseong is still the same kid that used to be my best friend, he is nice and kind. He takes care of the rest of the guys as if he is their mom.

After that I have to go wake up Youngmin so he can train me. He has been teaching me all the phases of the investigation and research they do about the criminal organization they are trying to take down. He taught me how to recognize the degree of power each member has.

He also told me the basics about tracking someone or something, it is very important to make yourself unnoticed and keep a low profile. When we train, he gives me challenges. He hides something in the house and gives me a few clues to find it.

Youngmin is a really considerate guy and you can tell he likes to investigate, he is really curious and he once told me he wanted to be a detective when he was little. He is also very sensitive, he can sense if you are feeling down and sometimes it can affect him too.

After that I go to the garage with Kwangmin, he is an expert in everything related with the technology necessary to each mission. He knows how to open locks with two clips, how to fix pretty much anything that has cables in it and also knows how to create a little bomb.

He trains me about how to fix electronic devices and how to modify them the way I want it, especially basic electronics you can find anywhere and car parts. He would also tell me about the latest gadgets that have arrived.

There is something you should know about him, he really loves Pikachu. The guys told me that he once modified everything on the house to make it sound like Pikachu’s voice when it went on and off. It took them more than a week to fix everything back because Kwangmin didn’t want to undo it. Since that day he has forbidden to make things sound like Pikachu.

After that, it is time to have lunch, usually is me and Hyunseong the ones who cook and I don’t mind. I really enjoy cooking but what I like the most is eating together with the guys. It feels like we are a big family, in which I have 5 brothers.

After lunch it is time to train with Minwoo, he is in charge of all the planning and logistic that an operation involves, it is actually really complicated. You have to know about strategy and do research on previous operations the make sure your planning is done correctly. We would go to the research room and he would teach me about new strategies that he has been thinking of and ask me to identify where the critical points of it are.

Minwoo it is a really nice kid and he likes to dance a lot, he is a really good dancer. He often says building a strategy and choreography are similar. You need to know the steps before doing it, you just have to put it in the right order and always have a great finale.  

The last teacher of the day is Jeongmin, from him I have learned how to get out of bad situations just by using words or better said how to lie convincingly. The trick is to talk fast and say a lot of details. He taught me to drive and ride a most anything, cars, motorcycles and even a little boat. He wanted to teach me to ride an airplane but manager told him, he couldn’t rent one at the moment.

The guys call Jeongmin “Mirror Prince” because he is always looking at himself on the mirror. That is why his bedroom is the closest to the bathroom. Sometimes when he is talking to you and there is a mirror close he keeps talking while looking at himself in the mirror. He really loves his reflection.

Jeongmin would always come up with crazy things for me to do during training and today wasn’t different.

 “Alex!! Today I have a new challenge for you” he says smiling. “Ok. What is it??” I hope it doesn’t involve Kwangmin this time. He is really naive. Jeongmin once asked me to tell Kwangmin that I found a real Pikachu on the basement. Kwangmin’s sad face after telling him it was all a lie was heartbreaking and I apologize to him a lot of times and made Jeongmin apologize too.

“Today you are going to lie about love” He smirks and I immediately get worried. Jeongmin only smirks for two reasons. One, he has an evil prank planned or two, he is about to attack – kill - someone. “You have to tell Hyunseong that you love him”

WHAT?? IS HE CRAZY?? HOW CAN I SAY THAT TO HYUNNIE?? He has to be kidding me “Lee Jeongmin, if this is a joke I am really going to get mad” I answer glaring to him. He looks at me with a serious expression “If you can fool someone that lives with you and knows you very well then you can fool anyone”

I stay quiet and just sigh in response. He is right, if I can fool Hyunnie that means I am a good liar but I don’t want to do that to him. He is my friend and the person I am the closest one here. “Alex, this is part of the training so you have to do it” Jeongmin says.

Training, I really want to learn everything I can so I won’t be weak the next time I see the man that kidnapped me. I know I am being selfish but if this is what it takes to improve than I would have to lie to Hyunseong. Without a word I stand up and go look for him. As I go searching for Hyunseong one word keeps replaying in my mind: Love. With that simple word my mind would only think of him. Donghyun.

I haven’t seen Donghyun since the day manager told me about Xiayou and he hold me while crying. I haven’t asked about him either. I know he must be on a mission or something because neither of the guys seems to be worried about him.

I, on the other hand, can’t sleep well at nights thinking if he will be alright. When that happens I go to his room and start reading one of the books he owns. Somehow, knowing that he had read it too makes me feel closer to him, like he is with me, at least for a little while.

When I am missing Donghyun a lot and all I can do during the day is think about him, Youngmin will always notice it and ask me if I am ok. I would lie to him telling him I miss my parents. I don’t know how he can sense how I feel and I don’t know if he believes me or not.

I enter to the kitchen and see Hyunseong putting the groceries in its place. I sigh. Hyunnie, I am really sorry.

“Hyunnie” he turns back and looks at me. “Alex, what are you doing here?? Didn’t you have training with Jeongmin??” he looks confused. “He decided to finish early, he said something about not having enough mirrors” I smile weakly at him and he smiles back turning around and keeps placing the groceries.

I go next to him and help him finish. After a while of silence I decide to talk “Hyunseong, there is something I need to tell you” I a most whisper and he looks at me surprised. “What is it?? Is there something wrong??” DAMN, I CAN’T DO THIS!! How am I supposed to lie to him?? Jeongmin, why are you making me do this??

I look at him and try to give a convincible confession “Hyunnie, you … you have been my friend for a long time and you have been next to me, caring for me and I … ” I breathe deeply to make it look like I am struggling with my feelings “ … I think I have fallen for you”

I am just staring at him trying to read his facial expression but his face it is the same. HYUNSEONG, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?? Say something!! “Alex, I think I know why you are saying this but that isn’t important now. I … I know who your heart belongs to and we both know it is not me”

Hyunseong is smiling at me now “I know you miss him and you won’t sleep much because of that. It has been two months and you haven’t asked about him even once. I know you, and I am sure it is not a matter of pride, it is because if you hear news about him you wouldn’t be able to think of anything else”

 I look down at the floor. Hyunseong, how do you know?? Is it that obvious that I like and miss Donghyun?? “Alex, he is smart and strong, he is the best agent. He will come back safely so don’t worry”

“Thank you” was the only words I could say. Hyunseong smiles “It is ok. I am your friend after all so I will help you whenever I can” I smile at him and head to the kitchen’s exit before he could ask anything about the weird confession he just received but when I am about to close the door on my way out I hear Hyunseong “When you go back, can you please tell Jeongmin to come talk with me?? ”

WHAT??? HOW DID HE KNOW THAT JEONGMIN SEND ME?? “How??”. “Just say that to him” he says and I close the door. When I go back to find Jeongmin, he is sitting on a chair staring at the floor, suddenly he looks up “So, did he believe you??”

“Well …” I sigh and do what Hyunnie told me to “… Hyunseong wants to talk with you, he is in the kitchen” As I finish my words, I see Jeongmin eyes getting wider because of the surprise. He just stands up and gets out of the room.

On his way out I could hear him mumbling something that sounded like “Hyunseong, you crazy bastard why are you … ”

What did just happened here??

 

.

.

.

 

After a long and confusing day, courtesy of Hyunseong and Jeongmin, I am on the bed trying to sleep but my mind won’t stop thinking about Donghyun. I look at the picture of him smiling brightly and I smile back at it. “I really miss you” I trace my finger on the photograph trying to caress his face “Will you comeback soon??”

I sigh and sit on the bed. ALEX YOU ARE SO PATHETIC!! How can I be talking to a picture?? I stand up and head to the kitchen maybe if I drink some warm milk I can sleep a little. After drinking the milk I clean the kitchen and head back to my room.

I am in the center of the room full of doors when I hear something strange, it sounds like music. I go closer to the door where the musical instruments and other props are kept and I can still hear the music. I open the door and quietly get inside the room.

There is someone sitting on the piano and playing it, the melody is really pretty and I feel like I am hypnotized by it. I look closer to that certain someone and my heart skips a beat. What?? When did he…??  Am I dreaming?? It can’t be him, right?? Is it really you, Donghyun?? 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!!

 

There is a reason for this chapter to be loooooooooooonnnngggggggg:

I am updating this after almost 6 months and I feel really bad about it!!!  I am really sorry to everyone who has been waiting for this story. I was actually feeling unsure about this story I even tought about erase it. I really had no idea how to put together the ideas I had and I have been putting this aside over and over again. I am sorry for make you guys wait so much for an update  :(

I really have to thank to cellyne for her lovely comment, it remined me why I started to write this fic and gave me the push I needed to keep writting it.

Ok. that was so angsty that it scared me!!! 

On more happy news..... I am really going to work on this story to make it better and something you guys can really enjoy. I promess I will do my best!!!!  

 

dh.jpg

 

As always thank you for reading!!!!!  

Keep reading, commenting or subscribing but the most important of all:

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND