Nineteen

Only Learned the Bad Things

A GIRL!! THE HEAD IS A GIRL!! I can’t believe it, the head of one of the most vicious and dangerous criminal organizations in all Asia, it is a girl!!  Minwoo looks as surprised as I am and I open my mouth to talk but he signals me to keep quiet.

I hear the light steps of the head on the other room, they stop and silence takes over both rooms. I try to breathe as calmly as possible otherwise I could be heard and the mission and probably my life will be over. After a few more seconds there is a clicking sound like something is being opened.

Then we hear the head tapping on something, probably a keyboard. “WHAT!!??” her voice is so loud it startle me, making me jump on my own feet. “Where are these bastards!!” she sighs in anger “Don’t tell me they are sleeping again!!”

The head keeps mumbling about how could those guys be part of the organization and how she wants to kill them as she walks away of the room next door and everything becomes quiet again. I sigh and look at Minwoo, he nods at me and I nod back. It is time to make our move.

We both get out of the room and head next door. Luckily the door was slightly open after the furious exit of the head. We get inside the room and it is strange, this doesn’t seem like a communication center. It looks like an ordinary bedroom. Ordinary considering the fact that all the walls are black and there are weird things everywhere, like old weapons and weird pictures. I mean ordinary for a criminal, if that makes sense. There is something that doesn’t match thought.

“Hyung, the head is a girl. We got it wrong, it is a girl” I turn around and see Minwoo talking to the microphone he has on his neck chain. I turn back and keep looking at the weird scenario, There is a dressing table placed exactly in front of the bed.

“Kwangmin, the head is a girl. Noona and I just heard her” Minwoo is telling the news to Kwangmin now. “Tell Youngmin and Donghyun hyung too”. There is a long silence before he speaks again.“Got it, then go check on Hyunseong and Jeongmin, they are not answering”.

Hyunseong and Jeongmin are not answering?? Are they ok being together like this?? Could it be they are avoiding each other even on a mission?? What if something bad happened to them?? ALEX!! FOCUS HERE!! YOU ARE ON A MISSION TOO!! YOU HAVE A TASK TO DO, DON’T FORGET THAT!!

I return my focus to the dressing table and I approach it.There is nothing wrong with the table itself, which is black by the way. But the mirror, it looks kind of funny. I bet that Jeongmin would have noticed that as soon as he had stepped a foot on the room. ALEX!! FOCUS!! The reflection the mirror gives you is all blurry, way too blurry for a girl’s room. I trace my fingers on the glass and the surface isn’t as smooth as it should be, it is actually kind of rough. There is something wrong with this.

“Minwoo, look at this” I say to him and he comes closer. “This mirror is weird” he looks at it while I take a closer look to the table. I didn’t notice it at first but the little draws on it don’t open and the knobs won’t even turn. It is as if they are just decorative. Suddenly, Minwoo lies down on the floor and starts to inspect the drawers from underneath. “I found something” his voice is almost like a whisper, a slow click is heard afterwards and I look with surprised eyes at the dressing table.

The top wooden part of the dressing table opens up to the left side, just like a book would do but the most surprising is what is inside of the drawer, there are servers and cables everywhere, I would have never guessed from outside. Finally, the mirror starts to light up and a digital keyboard can be seen on it, just like a screen. 

“We found it, the second communication center” says Minwoo who is now standing next to me.I nod at him “Ok. Let’s copy this and then capture the head” Minwoo nods at my words and hands me over the memory device. 

“Yes, Kwangmin” Minwoo is turned around while talking through the microphone again. I plug in the memory device and start to copy the data. It seems that this communication center has more information than the last one so it may take longer to copy everything. Minwoo voice is really low so I can’t hear what he is saying, finally he finishes talking.

“Noona, I am going to go meet the twins. Don't forge t to install the explosive device” Minwoo is talking faster than normal and he looks weird. Did something happen?? “Minwoo, is everything ok?” I ask him and he smiles in response. “Yes, just contact me when you are done here, ok?” I nod at him and he leaves the explosive device before getting out of the room quickly.

This doesn’t feel right, there is something weird going on.

.

.

.

The following minutes waiting for the data to be copied were killing me. I couldn’t stop thinking about Minwoo’s sudden leave. Why was he talking in such a low tone with Kwangmin?? What did Kwangmin said to him to make him go running away like that?? What if something bad happen?? Am I just overthinking things??

Finally, the device is done copying and I notice that there is only ten minutes left to finish the mission quietly, after that time the people who have gone out for lunch will be back. I have to hurry. I program the explosive device that Minwoo left behind and place it inside the drawers before closing the dressing table.

When I am on the doorframe of the weird room, I contact Minwoo “I am done” but Minwoo doesn’t answer.  "Minwoo!! Are you there??" silence is the only thing I hear. Why isn't he answering?? Is he ok?? How am I supposed not to worry when he is not answering!! “Minwoo!!” I call for one more time.

“Noona…” I finally hear his voice “Noona, please listen to me” he sounds like he is about to cry. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?? “Noona, I need you to find Donghyun and head straight to the prison” . Why is he talking so fast again?? Why doesn't he tell me what is going on. "Minwoo, are you sure everything is ok?? Where are you??”.

“Noona, we are heading to the prison right now, please hurry” We?? Who is we?? Minwoo and the others are together now?? Not knowing what is going on is killing me but I better trust Minwoo right now. I want to help him and the others too, not be a burden and complicate things. “Got it” I answer and I start running to the closer stairs. Last time I talk with Donghyun he was heading to the third floor, maybe he is still there.

I run through the empty hallways being as careful as I can. I am not an expert on being unnoticed but I am still trying my best. After running for a while I finally see the stairs, they are just ending the hallway, I just have to turn that corner and I will be able to go up.

“… my best work” As soon as I hear the cold and mean voice I stop myself. That voice is definitely the head. I hear her really close, she must be just turning the corner. I slowly move forward to peek on the next hallway. I can only see her back, she has short black hair, she is wearing just a jean and a t-shirt and by the way she is standing she must be pointing out a gun.

“Why??” A low voice is heard and I can feel my body becoming cold because of fear. Wait!! That voice... Please don’t be him. “WHY!!??” the scream is heartbreaking, it is a mix of anger, sadness and also a plea. I move closer so I can have a better view and that is when the fear turns into panic, the one that the head is pointing her gun at it is no other than Donghyun.

I don’t know why but his face is really red and his eyes too. “You don’t have to know why Donghyun” her voice is mocking him and the way she says his name, I just hate it!! I REALLY DISLIKE THIS GIRL!! WHY IS SHE TALKING TO HIM LIKE THAT?? Like they are close friends or close enemies?

AISHH!! I REALLY DON’T CARE IF SHE IS THE HEAD, THE SHOULDERS OR WHATEVER!!  I HAVE TO HELP DONGHYUN  AND FAST!!

I take a deep breath and leave the corner running towards her as fast as I can. I slide on the floor and I tackle her down with my feet. Her body falls with a loud thud to the left side of the hallway while the gun flies to the other side. I quickly stand up and go closer to her. I can't let her escape. WHATEVER IT TAKES, WE HAVE TO CAPTURE THE HEAD!! Those were Donghyun words.

I reach her position and she is still lying on the floor, I turn her around and I sit on her legs so she can't run away. Meanwhile I hold her arms to the ground. That moment it is when I finally see how the head looks like.

Her eyes, her nose, all of her features. THIS CAN'T BE!! IS THIS A NIGHTMARE!!?? I would recognize that face anywhere, but How?? When?? I shake my head closing my eyes and open them up again but I still see the same face, unintentionally I loose my grip on her arms and she pushes me hard against the floor, my back taking the worst part of the blow. The pain is awful but I just can't stop looking at her.

Everything seems to have gone in slow motion and I can see how she walks to pick up the gun and points it at me. I stand up only to feel a cold and metallic thing against my forehead, the gun. We are facing each other now. "Who are you?" her cold voice resounds on  the almost empty hallway.

 

 

The only word I could say in response wasn’t my name but hers  “Xia …. Xiaoyu"

 

 

My words were more like a whisper but she heard them. I notice it on how a proud smirk formed on her face "Do you know her??" she says to Donghyun who is closer to us now, he is a few steps away.

"Leave her alone" Donghyun's voice sounds so different from what I have heard before it is kind of tired but really angry.

"So, you do know her?" she smirks at him. "Is she like your girlfriend?? ... haha .... you forgot me so fast" she looks at Donghyun and puts on a soft face but then she shows a devilish smile. All of her words are full of irony and scorn.

"She has nothing to do with this!! Leave her alone!!" Donghyun yells at her and she doesn't answer she just keep giving the same creepy smile to him.

"What if I don't want to?" She seems to be challenging him, looking directly at his eyes. Donghyun doesn't make sound, as response he takes out his gun and points at her with it.

"Don't make me laugh Donghyun, we both know you won't shoot me" she keeps laughing and looking at him, like he is some kind of clown for her enterntainment. I REALLY CAN'T AKE THIS ANYMORE!! HOW CAN SHE BE SO COLD AND HEARTLESS?? I REALLY HATE THIS GIRL!!  I DO!! 

I look at Donghyun and when our eyes meet I nod slightly at him, he only looks back at me but I am sure he knows what I mean.

 Xiaoyu just keeps laughing about the situation and I take advantageof her carelessness. With all the strength I got I bent down her right arm which is holding the gun and it flies to Donghyun's feet. She hiss because of pain and I kick the back of her knees making her fall on the floor.

She tries to move her left arm but I react and catch it too, benting it slightly. "Who are you, really?" her voice is breathy but still shows an angry tone.  I don't answer and focus on keeping her arms in place while I sit on the back of her legs, putting all of my weight on them. "Who are you?" she asks one more time.

Who am I?? I used to be an average architecture student before being thrown into this weird world. I am someone who learned to defend herslef, someone who have lived with fear almost everyday. Someone who thought you were dead. Someone who can't believe you are the same girl who Donghyun still misses. I am someone who would never hurt him like that. I am someone who would protect him even from you. I am the one who loves him and the one who wants to be next to him.

"I am the one who is going to take you down" I answer in a whisper to her ear. I never thought my voice could sound so threatening.

Suddenly, I feel something pulling my shoulder hard, so hard I almost fall backwards. I realize it is Donghyun, he quickly grabs my arm and drags me out of there, leaving a confused and frustrated head on the floor.

"Donghyun, what are you doing? We have to capture her!" I say while he is running and dragging me. "We have to go now or it might be too late for Hyunseong!!" Hyunnie?? Why would it be too late for Hyunseong?? "What are you talking about??"  Donghyun looks at me as if I am playing a bad joke on him. "Donghyun, what do you mean??" my voice getting louder as worry start to grow inside of me.

"We won't complete the mission today. Hyunseong is hurt"

HURT?? HYUNSEONG IS HURT?? HOW?? WHY?? WHY NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE?? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!!! I am updating!!!

Now, thank for reading this and I hope you enjoy. I really want to know your opinion about this so comment !! Were you surprised about Xiaoyu or did you see it coming?? What do you guys think that happened to Hyunseong??

On other news:

Did you guys sawBoyfriend's photos for HighCut Magazine. I will leave you one of Donghyun's photos that made my mouth hang open: 

554569_634484749900161_881734902_n.jpg

 

And what about Seventh Mission?? The guys look awesome as spies and Donghyun does too:

 

BD75uI82.jpg

164597_553264218051830_1690538096_n.jpg


 

Thank for reading, commenting and subscribing and never forget:

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND