Twenty Nine

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

My heart shrinks and my mind goes blank at Minwoo words.

 

Donghyun hyung is gone

 

I turn my head to see the rest of the guys in silence, still looking down.

"Hyunseong?? What does Minwoo mean??" I ask my friend and he looks up at me.

He takes a few seconds before answering "Alex, he left. We woke up this morning and we found this letters where he is saying goodbye to us. He ... he is truly gone” he struggles to let out the harsh words and looks at me with sad eyes.

"Why did he left??" I ask all of them and they just look surprised at my question.

This can't be right. There is something wrong here, there is no way Donghyun would left them without an explanation. They are his family, WE are his family and family comes first to him so leaving without a reason doesn't make sense, there must be something else.

"I am sure there must be a reason why he left" I look at Minwoo whose eyes are puffy and I give him a sad smile. "Don't worry Minwoo, I will find out what happened and bring him back. I promise" I say before leaving the room and heading to the only person who might know what is going on.

I go to manager’s office, if there is someone that might now why Donghyun left is manager. I take a deep breath before knocking on his door, after a few seconds I hear manager's voice "Come in".

"Hi Alex, I am glad you are back” he says kindly. “How were your parents??" he adds with a smile.

"Very good" I pause for a second and look at the massive amount of paperwork on the table, manager's desk looks messier than it usually does. Ok Alex, stop the chit chat and just say it. I am sure manager knows something so just ask him. "Manager, do you know why Donghyun left??" I let it out.

He keeps quiet for a long time and I notice his eyes looking sternly at a piece of paper on his desk. "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone, especially you" he says in a solemn tone still looking at the piece of paper. So Donghyun wanted to keep the reason why he left a secret, but why?? What happened??

I look again at manager and he gives me a quick glance before looking back at the piece of paper. Ok, there is something weird here. I try to look at the paper manager is staring but it is too far away. The only thing I notice is the emblem of the government in one of the corners. Then, it hits me. That piece of paper must be related to all of this!!

I quickly grab the piece of paper and start reading it.

A mix of sadness, rage and disappointment runs through my body while I finish reading those lines. HOW THEY DARE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?? ARE THEY CRAZY?? DO THEY KNOW HOW MANY TIMES DONGHYUN HAS SAVED THEIR ASSES?? ARE THEY FREAKING KIDDING ME!!

"Manager" I grit my teeth to suppress the anger I feel. "How could you ... "

"HOW COULD YOU LET HIM GO LIKE THAT!!"  How could manager just let him leave?? If it would have been me, I would... I would not let him go no matter what he said, no matter what he felt I couldn't have let him go just like that. I am too mad right now, my heart racing too fast and my head is cloudy because of my anger.

Manager looks ashamed and really sad. "I know" he says in a calm voice "I told him not to go but ..." he pauses "He knows how the government works, if he didn't leave on his own they would have make him go by any mean. He is trying to protect all of you by leaving" he explains and my anger is replaced by guilt and sadness.

Donghyun is protecting all of us by leaving. He is taking all the blame even though it is not his fault, even though he has done nothing wrong. It is not fair, he is not supposed to leave us, the guys will be lost without him and I …. I

I feel a freezing cold invading my heart, slowly and painfully. It makes my heart hurt every time it beats. NO!! I AM NOT GONNA LET THIS HAPPEN!! JUST NO!! I already promise Minwoo I will find him and I am going to keep that promise, doesn’t matter what.

I sigh and look down. Damn, did I just yell at manager a minute ago?? "Sorry manager, I didn't mean to raise my voice" I add in a fragile voice that doesn’t sound like mine. I breathe deeply and keep talking “Manager, can you tell me where the orphanage is??”

 

.

.

.

 

It has been more than a month since the day Donghyun left but it feels like it has been years. Every day, every moment, every sound, every word, everything reminds me of him. Every time I close my eyes his face will appear and I dream about him every night.

And every night I would woke up in the middle of the night missing him, feeling lost and sad without him. The only way I can sleep is when I lay down on his bed, he left most of his things before leaving and I spend most of my time there, treasuring everything he owns and remembering him through his stuffs.

I miss him too much. I just want to see him again. 

We have already looked for every possible place he could have gone. The house where he lived with his parents, the orphanage where he was raised, his old apartment, we have even looked in the usual hiding places used on the missions but he wasn’t there.

Finally the guys and I agreed to play our last card. If this works everything will be alright again but if it doesn’t, then …. No, it will work. I made a promise with Minwoo and I am planning to keep it until the end.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

 *             *            *

 

The night is dark and the only light on the shabby street comes from the full moon on the sky. A slim figure with short black hair makes its way through the dirty sidewalk and stops in front of a rusty steel door with some green cheap paintwork.

The silhouette’s hand knocks on the door breaking the silence of the street. One, two, three knocks but because of the steel’s resonance it sounds like six.

A pretty girl with long hair appears at the other end of the door, her cold eyes places on the other’s face and a light smirk forms on her lips. She opens the door completely and crosses her arms staring at the person in front of her.

“Look what the night brought us” she says in a mocking tone “What are you doing here??” she asks with a threatening look on her eyes.

“I want in” the other’s voice sounds cold but firm.

“Is this some kind of joke or something?? Why would you want to work with me??” the long haired girl glares at the person in front of her.

“I got tired of it all” is the other’s simple answer.

The girl’s glare vanishes and she scoffs at the other’s words “Are you sure it is because you got tired?? Isn’t it because ….?? ”  

“Xiaoyu, you want me in or not??” the girl’s words are cut off by the other’s annoyed voice, their eyes meeting and staring at each other.

The girl named Xiaoyu stares at the silhouette in front of her for a few seconds, analyzing it from head to toes. This situation is certainly amusing and she is enjoying it.

“You know, I shouldn’t trust you just like this” she tilts her head to the side and stares at the other’s short black hair for a second.

The other one doesn’t break their eye contact while saying “I understand, I will go …”

“No ” she cuts the other’s words now.

“I shouldn’t trust you but I would like to have someone who I can relate with here” the long haired girl smirks and there is a hint of excitement on her eyes.

She uncrosses her arms and places her hands on the other’s shoulders. She leans closer and pecks the other’s check lightly. She gets closer and her lips are really close to the other’s ear.

 

“Welcome” she whispers before moving away and letting the other one enter the house.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

UPDATE!!! YEIIII

 

Hello!!! So this chapter, you all know who is talking with Xiaoyu at the end, right??

Thank you for keep reading this!!! So, if anyone wants to know the final of this story is coming, I don't know how many chapters are left exactly but yeah.... it will happen ...

 

On Boyfriend news:

Donghyun's first performance on "The 100th man" !!!! I wished I could have seen it but the members went to support him so I am happy :D

And Go Go Ikemen 5 is out on DVD!!!! and I found a link where you can see the movie, is raw though. Credits to the kpop fanboy :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15h3rh_gogo-ikemen-5-part-1_shortfilms#from=embediframe

 

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND