Twenty

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

The building who looks abandoned and about to fall apart on the outside it is rarely empty but today it is one of those occasions. Everyone left the building early on the morning, some earlier than others but the building was left alone in a peaceful and almost sepulchral silence.

It was as if it was truly abandoned but the silence didn’t last long.  A loud noise takes over the place, the garage huge doors are being opened and a few shouts can be distinguished between all of the chaos.

Different types of nurses, doctors and men in black suits were all around the place, bringing in bag after bag of medical supplies, all of them were being supervised by a man who people refer to as manager. He was the one who put into move this operation after receiving an alarming phone call.

The call he got was from no other than a person he believed was dead years ago. He was genuinely shocked to hear her. Her voice was different but he could still recognize her, after she threatened him for destroying her main headquarter she mocked him.

“Seems like you are going to hold a funeral again, and this time a real one. I was kind enough to send the body back, though” after that, he immediately hung up and realized that the mission had gone wrong, terribly wrong.

They destroy the communication centers but the head was still free and what was worst, one of the seven people who live with him, one of those seven children whom he cares as if they were his own. One of them was hurt; one of them was in danger.

In no more than fifteen minutes the people who inundate the place are gone having previously organized all of the supplies. The place no longer looking remotely as minutes ago, it truly looked like a hospital. Only three people remained, an older man whit a long white coat, a middle aged woman dressing the same coat as the man and the one called manager.

The latter turns around at the other two “I really don’t know how bad the situation is so I ask you to be prepared for anything” his calm voice contrasting with the others worried faces. They only nodded in response, feeling how an invisible weight was placed on their shoulders.

The loud sound of a car hitting the breaks roughly could be heard outside startling the ones inside of the building, the three of them looking with expectation at the garage doors. The first to go through the door is a girl with messy clothes and hair, just behind her there is a young boy, they both hold the long doors and make room for the others to enter.

The older one of the bunch had his right arm around the back of a man who looked more dead than alive, helping to drag him around. At the other side of the man there is a boy with brownish hair whose face can barely be seen, he has his head hang low and is also holding the man, the way he is holding to him though, is different from the grip of the older male.

He is holding to him like his own live depends on it, this is clearly show on how his knuckles are oddly white because of the strength he is using.

Behind them two slim and really tall identical guys can be seen, the one with dark brown hair is piggyback riding the blonde one who seem to be unconscious.

When the doors finally close behind them the doctors rushed to their new acquired patients. The two older and conscious ones put the man they were carrying around on one of the placed beds. Then, the older man steps aside and goes close to manager, both of them engaging in a serious conversation.

The one with brownish hair doesn’t move an inch apart from the unconscious man whose clothes are covered in blood. He is still on the same position staring at him from aside when the male doctor approaches him.  

Meanwhile the blond twins is being placed in another bed, a female doctor approaches to his brother and asks what happened.

“He is extremely sensitive when someone is in pain, both emotional and physical. Right now everyone here is hurting in one way or another. His body just couldn’t take all of the emotions and he passed out” he sighs worriedly.

“He will be fine, he just needs to rest and for you to take care of the others” the doctor looks at the young guy whose strange answer seems to make perfect sense.

She nods at him and leave the brothers together while she rushes to help the other doctor. The dark brown haired boy sits on the bed of his twin and softly caresses the other’s hair. “Sleep Youngie. Just rest, everything will be ok”

The girl and the youngest one are now sitting on the floor next to each other, looking from afar everything that is going on. Both of them in their own world, with their own worries and fears.

The girl is recalling what just happened no more than half an hour ago. When she entered the prison where she was supposed to meet up with her team, tears almost start running down her eyes.

In just a blink of an eye she saw Minwoo sitting on the floor next to Kwangmin who had his arm around Youngmin, the latter having his head hidden on the other’s chest.

At the other side of the room, there was a boy lying on the floor, you could have thought that he was sleeping but the clothes covered in blood suggested something else. Jeongmin’s face and eyes were really red and he was pressing his hand against the side of the man to prevent more blood to come out.

The man who entered next to her was the one to break the silence. “Let’s go! Fast!” his words waking up the others from a trance. Donghyun approaches the man lying on the floor and with the help of Jeongmin stand him up.

The three started to walk away and the youngers start to walk behind them. The walk through the duct was quickly and silent.

When they finally reached the truck disguise as a police one that was their transportation, the girl remembered something.

“Minwoo, do you have the remote??” The young boy didn’t understand her at first but then he nodded.

“Then, let’s complete the mission, well at least a part” she said angrily as she remembered Xiaoyu, the head.

“How can you think about that when Hyunseong is hurt??” she looked at a furious Jeongmin who was looking at her like he was about to jump on her and kill her on the spot.

“It is because I know him that I am saying this. How do you think he will feel when he wakes up and realizes we didn’t accomplish the mission?”    

Jeongmin looked at the man who he was pressing his hand against to and he could almost hear the older’s one voice. "I am sorry, It was my fault for getting hurt that the mission failed. I am really sorry". He is noble like that, of course he would say something silly like everything is his fault even when I am the one to blame.

He looked at Hyunseong’s face one more time, his closed eyes with short but pretty eyelashes, his perfectly shaped nose and his… those lips. He just sighs and nods to answer Alex’s question.

“Minwoo, give me the remote” Donghyun speaks and without further delay he has the remote on his hand and presses the button. He turns on the car and starts to drive away really fast, thirty seconds had passed when a loud explosion is heard close to them, not a single one turning around to look back.

“Alex! What type of blood are you?” the girl looks distracted at the young guy who makes her go back to reality.

“I am type A, why?”

“Hyunseong needs a blood transfusion, he has lost too much blood” her eyes opening wide at the news.

.

.

.

 

                                                                                        *             *            *

 

Jeongmin POV

 

I sigh while looking at the dark ceiling above my head and for the first time in my life I thank to the heavens for resembling my father. If I haven't inherit his type of blood I wouldn't have the chance to do something for the man who is lying on a bed close to mine. I turn my head to the left and look at the handsome figure.

Usually his face has a light tint of pink on his cheeks which grows deeper when he sees me or he will be smiling endlessly to everything I do, his eyes will widen and his mind will go blank when I give him my eye smile, his face will look solemn when he confess to me and hurt when I reject him.

His voice will sound melodious even with the simplest word and his whispers on my ear would make me blush. His hands touching lightly on my skin would make me feel tingling and his lips brushing mine will make my heart go crazy, but right now he is nothing like that. His intense eyes are closed and his lips are sealed, his face looks too pale, he looks sick and I am the cause of it.

"I am sorry" I whisper to his unconscious self and look back to the ceiling, not daring to stare at him anymore, I am too ashamed. How did things turn out like this?? Why I couldn't do anything?? Why wasn't me the one who got hurt instead?? Unknowingly a tear leaves my eyes and I just wipe it away, supressing the feelings that desperatly want to come out, I just let the guilt fill my soul.

I close my eyes and try to think of something else but my mind is full of him. I remember the first time I met him. I have never been a nice guy, I have always being a troublemaker but I guess that is a family trait. My father was the only relative I had and he was a con artist, he raised me and taught me everything he knew. He wasn't good nor bad to me, he just let me be and I didn't disturb him in return.

We worked together thought, my first work was when I was 12 and things went well but by the time I turn 16 my father was caught and I was thrown into a orphanage, it wasn't that bad. Lying is part of my nature so I could get away with pretty much anything but it was boring. Every single day the same people, the same lies, the same numb feeling of living without nothing or no one to care about or who cared about me.

After a year there, manager appeared in my room and told me that he wanted to adopt me. I immediatly knew he was lying but I agreed, don't know why. So when I arrive to the headquarters he was the first one I met. I honestly was impressed about him, he looked so strong and serious, unlike someone of his age. I also met Donghyun and Xiaoyu that day.

Months went by really fast and before I knew it I was taking part on my first mission, I don't remember the exact details of it, the one thing I remember clearly is that I kissed Hyunseong that day as part of plan B to escape. I didn't mind at all that my first kiss was used as a trick to fool people but when we get back to the headquarters he was really upset, he wouldn't talk to me.

That is when I realized he isn't as strong as he seems. Things slowly got back to normal and we even got closer, Donghyun and Xiaoyu hangged out together all the time so we naturally did the same. Everything seemed slightly brighter for once, I really like having Hyunseong as my friend, he is really caring, sensitive and way too innocent if you ask me which creates the most unusual situations.

But good things never last long, only weeks later we lost Xiaoyu on a mission, Hyunseong and I took care of Donghyun in every single way because he barely wanted to live after that and so, it took us a long time to make him realize he had to keep going. After some time Donghyun was slowly dealing with things and we got new trainees. A couple of twins.

They were closer to my age so I became close to them while Hyunseong kept on taking care of Donghyun. We slowly grew apart, we would talk to each other but only when it was necessary and that inexplicably hurt me. I didn't want to spend the whole day with him, I just wanted to talk to him like before.

A year later one young boy was the one to finally complete the team, at least those were manager's words. With so many people on the house I thought that Hyunseong and I were heading to actually become strangers or some sort of co-workers but that same night he knocked on my door. Whe spent the whole night talking, just catching up about the past months and our impressions about the new kid and once again we grew closer.

We would sleep together almost every night, sometimes on my room others in his, just like friends having a sleepover. I actually don't know where along the way his feeling started to change and you can bet I was surprised as hell when he confessed to me one night. I thought he was kidding at first but when he kissed me I realized he was damn serious.

We were just sitting on the bed in my room like usual and we were just talking about love, you know? Just one of those lame conversations people have about wanting to find the right person to love and all that drama. Well, I was actually doing most of the talking while he just kept looking at the bed sheets.

 

"Hyunseong?" I ask him to see if he is even listening to me anymore.

He looks up at me and his dark eyes are shining brightly as ever. Yes, my bestfriend is a charming man.

"Jeongmin" his eyes looking at mine strongly and he places his right hand on my cheek, a slight blush spreading on his face. What is he doing?

"Can I be that person?" he asks, our faces coming closer but I don't mind it. Who?? That person?? 

He smiles gently and his soft voice envolves my senses. "I love you"

Then, he lean closer to me and our lips met. My mind going blank.

 

I guess I should have noticed, right?? How can you not notice your bestfriend loves you?? I don't need to say that I pretty much panicked and run away of the room. When we face each other again, he talked to me as if nothing happened so I just let it be. I thought he had been messing with me or that he became crazy for a second.

My surprise grow bigger when after just a month he confessed to me again, I run away too but this time he followed me. I had to face him and reject him, I will never forget the sadness of his eyes that day, it truly broke my heart. I tried to distance myself form him but I just couldn't, I missed him way too much. He is my bestfriend after all so I gave up and decide to keep things as they were, him next to me even if he loved me. I know, pretty selfish of me.

And that is how another year passed, I became used to Hyunseong saying at least once a month that he loved me, to him using any excuse for us to be alone together, him always trying to hold my hand a little longer than necessary, him to steal glances at me at every chance he got, him to shut me up with his lips when we fought, that obviously meaning that I would push him away afterwards.

So, when Alex arrived I tought things would stay the same but Hyunseong became so close to her so fast that it confused me. Hyunseong, the guy who is usually shy and awkward around strangers practically befriended the girl in a second. When just weeks after she arrived Youngmin came into my room saying that Alex spent the night in Hyunseong's room I couldn't believe it.

I immediatly went into his room and when I opened the door I saw Hyunseong putting his jacket on, ready to leave and Alex still sleeping on the bed. My heart dropped to my feet at that sight and I am not sure if Hyunseong saw me or not but he didn't came after me, he didn't talk about it with me later or tried to explain, that was the worst blow. He would always run after me, Why was this time so different? Why was her different?

"Jeongmin?" I hear a whisper that takes me out of my memories and I look at the source of it. Alex is standing next to my bed, you know what they say talk about the devil and he shall appear. Well, more like her? 

"Jeongmin?" her voice is really low. I sit on the bed and squint my eyes to try to see her on the dark.

"I am awake" I whisper back.

"Can I talk to you for a while?" I am pretty sure we are in the middle of the night now so this must be something important.

"Ok, let's go to the kitchen" I stand up and glance at Hyunseong shortly before dragging her out of the garage turned into hospital

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello, I am updating after a longgggg time.

I am sorry it is such a late update but I have been super busy. School is killing me!! So, this chapter is long, I think is the longest I have written so far and as you can tell, after the * * * is Jeogmin POV. What do you guys think about it?? I just ship Jeongseong so much <3 Any other supporters of this couple out there??

 

In other news: ON & ON, The 2nd Love Communication and Seventh Mission. Also, there is a rumor that they will comeback in Korea in mid-July :D Boyfriend has been super busy and they are just great. Can I just say they have improved SO MUCH!!! 

The MV for On & On is so great!! They are just chilling and having fun around Japan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMBWex5v1fE) and the Special Practice Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501vdIpvs-4) had me smiling like a crazy person. Especially Donghyun sleeping.... so cute :)  

I almost forgot!!! Donghyun has been cast for the main role on a musical (The thousand man)!! I nearly cry when I read the news!! I am just so happy for him, I know he will do a great job!! :D

 

BTW: I recommend you guys watch all of Boyfriend's show. I have been rewatching them and laughing like crazy. Since Boyfriend M! Pick, Boyfriend W Academy, Boyfriend WonderBoy, Tokyo Eloite Academy (Japan), Boyfriend Hello Baby,  and Boyfriend Mission (Japan).

Thanks for reading and I hope you have been enjoying so far and never forget:

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND