Twenty One

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

Jeongmin POV

 

We arrive at the kitchen and I just sit on the table. 

"Are you ok? Aren't you weak for all the blood they took out?" she is truly concerned but I am not important right now.

"I am fine, what did you wanted to talk about?" she looks down and inhales deeply before talking again.

"Jeongmin, about earlier… “ she stops and I just look at the table, I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t want to remember how Hyunseong got hurt because of me.

"The head, I know who it is" her words surprise me and I look at her expectantly.

"Who??" I ask while clenching my jaw. Just at the mention of that person, pure rage and hate seem to spread through me.

"Xiaoyu" She simply states and I think that I just go crazy. How can a dead person be the head?? I look at Alex searching for answers.

"She lied to you guys, she faked her own death" 

Xiaoyu? That girl fooled us? She used us? and then she hurts us like this? How could she have given the order to kill me?? Rage only increasing inside of me.

"How do you know?? How do you even know that name??" How does Alex know about her?? Not even the twins or Minwoo know about her existence.

"I saw her" 

"You should have shot her" my words could be taken as cold and cruel but If I get the chance to see her I would have no hesitations. She is the reason why Hyunseong is in a bed unconscious. No, she is not the only one to blame. Honestly, everything was my fault. 

My throat becomes dry and breathing becomes too difficult because memories of hours ago want to appear on my mind.

"You should tell manager" I state as cold as I can. What does she pretend by telling me this?? Is this supposed to be some kind of consolation?? Knowing who I have to take revenge against to??

“Are you ok?” she asks and I avoid her eyes. Of course I am not ok, I feel like everything is so wrong, like I can’t fix it. I feel lost.

“I am ok. Just talk about it with manager tomorrow, it is pretty late now” I stand up and head to the door.

“Jeongmin” I turn around “You know you can talk to me if you want to, right?”

Right, just what I needed. What does she want to?? Hold me while crying??

“I know” I give her a fake smile and head slowly to the garage. I stand on the door until I hear her leaving the kitchen and closing the door of her room. What does she want to?? I really don’t get her. I am not close to her so why is she acting like I can lean on her??

The only person I would actually consider to tell my worries and frustrations, the only person I want to lean on, the only person I want to tell me that everything will be alright is hurt and lying unconscious on a bed right now. My feet start moving on its own as I remember what happened earlier. 

 

Although we had been distant and awkward about each other for weeks, we were both focused on the mission and things were going well, even after Minwoo told us about the extra hallway before entering the last communication center.   

We placed the last explosive device and got out of the room quickly. The problem was when I turn around to enter to the hallway. As soon as I stepped in, a bullet went flying my way but it didn’t hit me. Instinctively I moved back and I pushed Hyunseong back with my arm, my hand ended up on his chest and I could feel his heart thumping quickly.

I put my hand down as soon as I could, the cold wall that my back was against to cool off my burning cheeks. Hyunseong took out his ring, the silver one he always wear, and placed it on the floor. The reflection of the shining object revealed two men with guns waiting at the other side of the hallway.

“I’ll take the one on the right” he simply said and I nodded, both of us taking out our guns.

I counted three seconds on my mind and then push my body forward, both of my hands pressing against the gun and my eyes squinting, looking for my target. I pressed the trigger two times before I sheltered against the cold wall again but I failed, the man on the left was still trying to shoo us.

Hyunseong on the other hand was quietly standing against the wall. “Need some help?” he offered as he had successfully taken down the man on the right side of the hallway, but I just looked at him coldly. I know he just wanted to help me out but I hate looking weak, especially in front of him.

I breathed one time before I pushed myself forward again, this time hitting my target on the first try. I could see the bullet impacting on his neck and blood starting to pour out of it, making him step back. The other bullet hitting his chest, exactly on his left lung, that was it for the man.

“Done” I said turning back to look at Hyunseong who just looked back at me. I start walking towards the corridor, not daring to look at the bodies lying on the floor.

“Jeongmin” Hyunseong voice resounded on the silent hallway and I turned around to face him. He was dangerously close to me and I just stared at him, at his deep dark eyes and his perfect shaped lips. “Jeongmin, I know things have been weird between us” he placed his right hand on my shoulder softly.

“and I am really sorry about that night, I just” he sighed and my face flushed just at the thought of that night when I got drunk and well … a lot happened.

“You must hate me now, right?” his eyes looking sad, just as sad as when I rejected his love confession for the first time. “but, I just can’t stop feeling this way about you. I tried, I did for a long time but it was useless. So please, I just want you to understand that…”

His words stopped abruptly and his eyes grew bigger. I didn’t have time to look back to see the source of his surprise because my body was being turned 180 degrees by him, making him  stand where I was seconds ago and then that sound made me realized what happened. It was a sound I know too well.

 

The sound of a gun being shot

 

I couldn’t see who the shooter was because Hyunseong body fell on me. I grabbed him by his sides and placed him on the floor slowly, leaning his back against the wall. Blood started pouring out of his body, there was a lot.

“Jeong…min” his voice was breathy and hoarse.

“Hyunseong, don’t talk, you will bleed faster if you move” I tried to focus on his eyes but there was a prominent stream of blood coming out of his right shoulder that distracted my attention. The bullet had to go in by the back and go out by the front to make that kind of bleeding.

“I just… ” he took a lungful of air “ you … to understand….”

“Hyunseong! Don’t talk!” my voice trembled and my vision started to become blurry, tears were appearing quickly on my eyes and spreading across my cheeks.

“Try to ….. under…stand …. That …. I ….” his eyelids falling above his eyes, he was passing out because of the blood lost.

“Hyunseong, don’t close your eyes. Hyunseong!” I reached his hand and hold it firmly, he opened his eyes and focus on mine, giving me a deep look. I could see his mouth moving but no words came out but I understand him. Even if he didn’t try to explain it I knew, I know the words he wanted to say.

 

I love you

 

I reach his bed and look at him, he looks like he is sleeping. I lean closer to him

 

“Didn’t you say you love me??” I whisper on his ear. “Then, why are you sleeping??” . A tear leaves my eyes but he doesn’t move nor blink. He is still unconscious.

 

“Why do you want to leave me??” “Why do you want me to stay here alone??”. More tears leave my eyes. I move back and place my hand on his cheeks “Don’t leave me”

 

“Hyunseong, please …. I need you, so please wake up” I press my forehead against his and look closely at his face, my tears making the task difficult.

“Please, can’t you see it? I …” I close the space between our faces and press my lips against his. 

 

“I love you”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello, updating again!!!

 

So I listened JYJ's "In Heaven" while writting this chapter, which pretty much write itself, so it is really sad and angsty. 

This a short A/N so thank you for keep reading, commenting and subscribing!

I really appreciate you guys reading what comes out of my crazy mind!! Well, thanks!

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND