Thirty One

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

A loud sound wakes me up in the middle of the night and I stand up from the couch I have for bed to open the door, standing in front of me is Xiaoyu with blood all over her clothes. She has a crazy look on her eyes that makes me realize the blood is not hers.

She just walks into the room without saying a word “Alex, call CEO NOW!!” she yells out of the blue and I comply. I walk through the long hallway until I reach the man’s room. I knock twice and an angry looking man stares at me but soon a sly smile appears on his face.

“Little girl, are you feeling lonely tonight??” I can feel him ogling at me.

I glare at him “Xiaoyu is looking for you. She is at the entrance” I say and turn around walking away, after a few seconds I hear the man’s footsteps behind me.

“What does she want??” he asks when he starts walking at my side.

“I don’t know but she is covered in blood” I answer and when we reach where she is standing she starts to laugh hysterically. She takes out her gun and points it at him.

“Are you going to betray me??” she asks with a deathly look on her face.

“What are you talking about??” he asks slightly scared.

She scoffs and walks closer to him “You went to the police today” she tells him while pressing the gun against his head “I met the officer you talked with before” a smirk forms on her face.

“That is not what you think, he is an informant. He told me he saw Donghyun a few days ago” he answers and my heart stops when I hear that name. Donghyun, that policeman saw him.

“Really??” she asks with a confused look and puts down her gun “Too bad he didn’t know how to fight and the bullet went straight to his heart” she shrugs her shoulders. “Did our dead friend knew where Donghyun is staying??” she asks the man.

“No, he just saw him leaving the office of the minister of defense” he says in a bored tone “I don’t know why he went there though when the government has already fired him” he adds.

Xiaoyu nods at his words and without saying another word she gets out of the room, leaving the man and me alone. My mind is going crazy right now!! I want to scream to Xiaoyu for killing the only person who has seen Donghyun in almost two months.

Just when I had a glimpse of hope it is crushed so fast. It is so unfair!! All I have done to try to make him comeback and I still don’t know nothing about his whereabouts!! Why things turn out like this?? Everything was fine after Hyunseong woke up and I was so happy to see my parents but all my happiness ended so fast when he left.

“Hey little girl! we don’t cry here, you know?” I hear the man saying before he leaves the room. I touch my cheek and feel the warm tears pricking at the corner of my eyes. I quickly wipe them away and take deep breaths to calm down even though the sadness and frustration I feel it is too much. I miss Donghyun so much I feel I will go insane.

I close my eyes and remember the night I came up with this plan.

 

                                                                                       *             *            *

 

I am lying on Donghyun’s bed when I grab one of the books he left behind, it is a poetry one by W.S. Merwin, when I open the book and see the title of the poem tears start falling down my eyes.

 

When you go away

 

When you go away the wind clicks around the north

The painters work all day but at sundown the paint falls

Showing the black walls

The clock goes back to striking the same hour

That has no place in the years

And at night wrapped in the bed of ashes

In one breath I wake

I remember that I am falling

 

I keep crying in silence as I finish reading the poem. When did I become so pathetic?? Crying after reading a few lines that remind me of him?? No, I can’t be like this. I WON’T act like this anymore. I stop my tears and make a promise to myself.

I won’t cry again, not until I find Donghyun. I won’t be weak and I will do anything to find him, doesn’t matter if I have to go to hell itself. That it is when it hits me, there is one way for him to return: Xiaoyu.

If Donghyun finds out Xiaoyu and the others are starting to recruit new people he will comeback to stop them for sure. If I pretend to go to Xiaoyu’s side I am sure he will have to come to the headquarters and ask what happened besides he said long time ago that he has to take care of me and I am sure he will keep his word.

I decide that if I am going to do this, i have to make it right. So I make another promise, I will cut my hair and keep it short until Xiaoyu is captured, this way I’ll be reminded of my goal every single day and I won’t be able to have doubts or regrets about it.  

 

                                                                                       *             *            *

 

I open my eyes and stand up heading to the bathroom. I look at my reflection on the mirror and notice my hair has grown a bit. I grab a pair of scissors and cut it to keep my promise, after I am done I take a shower and check the door before I lie down on the couch again to get some sleep.

I close my eyes but for some odd reason I am not sleepy at all. My body is tired because of today’s training but my mind isn’t, it is fully awake. I sit on the couch and look into the darkness of the room, trying to find something to do when I notice a piece of paper close to the door which wasn’t there minutes ago.

My heart starts beating faster with anticipation and excitement. Could this be?? Could he have returned?? Am I not dreaming?? I hold a little earpiece and microphone which are close to the piece of paper and put them on.

Then, I hold the piece of paper between my hands and read the three simple words that make my eyes watery and a big smile appear on my face:

 

I am back

 

My breath quickens as I hold my tears and talk through the microphone. “Donghyun??” my voice is no more than a raspy and scared whisper.

“Alex” I hear the husky voice of the man I love saying my name and I can’t help the warm tears that start running down my eyes. Finally, he is back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!! I am updating yeiii

 

So FINALLY Donghyun is back people!! Please comment what you guys think about this chapter, remember the story is ending in a few chapters and if you want to give your opinion on how it should end, this is your chance :D

 

On Boyfriend news:

Donghyun musical '1000th Man' is over and he cried at the end of the last show :(

 

 

I hope is doing ok now and the boys can prepare for their Pinky Santa Comeback!!

 

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND