Three

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

He leaves the bowls and spoons on the table and sits across me on a chair. “Are you here now?” he asks me. I just nod. “Good” he says and adds smiling “You should eat some”. Why is he being kind? This is weird but my tummy hurt, I haven’t eaten since lunch break and it was just a sandwich.

Is still today? I need to present my project on Monday. I look around the room for clocks but don't find any. “What time is it?” I ask him while eating my porridge. “Uhmm” He says and takes out his cellphone and quickly checks it. “It’s a most morning” he says. I sigh. At least I have time to finish the project.

I finish eating in silence and finally ask “Can you explain me what is going on?” he looks at me, then at the ground and says “I am really really sorry” I don’t know what to say. He doesn't look like the type of guy who apologizes “It’s okay” I answer “Alex” he says looking at my eyes and I can see he is, SAD????

“How do you know my name?” I ask. He doesn’t answers. He just keeps looking at me “I am really sorry. This is my entire fault” “The men that took you are part of an…… an organization and they did that because I asked your cellphone on the park earlier. They thought you were my partner or an informant”

“SO THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!” I yell. I knew it was his fault but him admitting it made me snap. I have never been this angry before. I feel that I want to cause him a lot of pain. I want to kill him “YOU ARE THE REASON WHY I HAVE THE WORST DAY EVER” “I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE. TWICE!” “I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE BORROW MY CELLPHONE. NORMAL PEOPLE JUST DON'T ASK FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S CELLPHONE” I keep yelling.

He is still sitting and just listens to me “NOW I HAVENO HOUSE!!! What the hell am I going to do? I can only crush on one of the dorms of the school until I find a new place” I keep yelling. “You can’t” he slowly answers me. “What are you talking about? Of course I can” I yell. “Alex, nothing is going to be the same from now on” he says. “What are you talking about?” I yell frustrated.

“I am sorry but you can’t go back to your life now. The organization I told you about is pretty big in Seoul and in some places abroad too” he continues “They have probably been investigating you. Your name, address, parents, school, friends. Everything and everyone in your life” he finishes.

I understand what he is saying. I can’t go back and do what I normally do, day by day, if I do they will find me and probably kidnap me again or worst, they can kill me. I gulp and think of my parents. “What about my parents?” I instantly ask really worried. My parents live alone. What if those guys do something to them? “They are going to be alright” he says.

Then he continues “We did our best to hide your information but they still manage to get some”. Hide my information? We? Who is we? I am really confused right now. I also feel sad, I came here to study but now I can’t, my parents may be in danger because of me and the few friends I have, they’ll think I just drop school or something.

I sigh. I feel my chest hurting. “Are you ok?” he asks me. I’m not. I am feeling awful. I don’t answer. “You should sleep” he says and stands up from the chair. “Let’s go to the room so you can rest” he starts walking into the hallway but my mind is full of anger and regret.

I stand up of the couch “GIVE ME BACK MY LIFE” I yell at him with all my might. He turns around and I can see him surprised. “GIVE ME BACK MY LIFE!!! THIS IS YOUR FAULT SO FIX IT!!!” I run towards him and start to punch him on his chest “FIX IT!!! FIX THIS NOW!!” I keep yelling.

He hugs me tightly and I can’t keep moving my arms but I keep yelling “IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!” and then my voice cracks and I realize I am crying “FIX IT. PLEASE FIX THIS” I keep crying between his arms and he just hugs me tighter. I cry and cry until I don’t feel anything. I guess I fall asleep while crying AGAIN.

I open my eyes and I am lying on a big bead. I see the room is really dark. I stand up of the bed and move close to the long curtains at the right side of the room. I move one with my hand and see the city down through the huge glass that is of the size of a wall. It is night and there are so many lights. It looks so pretty.

I sigh. I am still processing what happened a few hours ago and feeling down. My eyes hurt for crying so much and my heart still hurts. I sigh again. So now, what am I going to do with my life?? I can’t study so there is no reason for staying in Seoul anymore. What if I go back with my parents? No, those men could find the three of us and kill us all.

What if I get a job? They can find me there too. They can find me pretty much everywhere. What I am going to do? I can’t go back down there and feel safe anymore. I leave the curtain and move back to the bed. I just want to keep sleeping. I don’t want to think. I lie down but I can’t just fall asleep again. Maybe I can if I drink some warm milk.

I stand up and go to the bed. I leave the room and walk through the hallway and I step into the kitchen. I find the milk, grab a glass and pour myself some of it and warm water. I am drinking it and then look at the living room. Lying in one couch is Donghyun who seems to be sleeping.

This is all his fault !!! I sigh while looking at him. He saved my life TWICE after all and I shouldn’t have snapped at him like that, he was just warning me and telling me the truth. I slowly finish my glass of milk.  

“No!” I can hear a growl coming out of his lips. Then I hear again “No. Don’t you dare” it sounds like he is threatening someone. Is it just a dream or a nightmare? I move closer to him and kneel down next to him. “Please don’t. Don’t” this time sounds like he is begging. He has his eyes closed but tears are running down his eyes.

It is definitely a nightmare!!! “Hey! Wake up” I say and shake his shoulder. He keeps crying “Don’t. Don’t” he is screaming now and I shake his shoulder really hard. Suddenly he sits down and hugs me tightly. It isn’t like his previous hug. It is like he wants to feel every inch of my body, he wants to make sure I am here and he won’t let me go.

I freeze but then I hear him saying “Xiaoyu, You are here” and he hugs me tighter. I turn my face towards his and see he still has his eyes closed. He is still dreaming!!! What do I do? How do I wake him up??? If he keeps hugging me he is going to suffocate me!!! I have to wake him up now!!! “DONGHYUN!!! DONGHYUN!!!” I yell in his ear.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So here it is!!!! It is short though

 

Keep reading!!!

Comment and subscribe if you want. :)