Fifteen

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

 

The roof waits patiently for the sun to hide and the moon to stand tall in the sky, the darkness of the night seems to draw people to the roof, it will always give them the space to do whatever they want to do and to isolate themselves from the rest. This roof has seen a lot of things since it was built, years of persons coming and going, living their lives in a routine. During its latest years, people has become more interesting, at least the ones that frequent this roof.

There are usually 3 men that come to the roof, all of them think their reason is unique and the roof is only theirs but they are really wrong, at the end of the day all of their problems are about love. But right now it is the older of those men the one that the roof is paying a special attention to.

The first time that man came to the roof was almost 2 years ago. The only thing he did was cry, from time to time he would call out a girl’s name only to cry louder after that. He kept coming almost every single day repeating the same actions over and over again.

Eventually the cries became lighter and less sorrowful, after 6 months there were no more tears just a sad silence. He would come, sit at a random place and just stare at the city lights, even though he didn’t make a sound or a move the roof knew he was still thinking of her.  

From time to time the roof didn’t see him from long periods of time and missed him somehow, there were other two people that would appear on the roof but it knew how they were going to end up, there was no mystery. When the man finally appeared again he would stay longer than usual as if he was telling the roof that he had missed it too.

It was already a year since the first time he appeared at the roof door. Everything was the same except this time the man took out a little thin book of his jacket and opened it. Inside of it there was a photograph, the man showed on that photo was the same as the one who was holding it and next to him there was a girl.

Suddenly the usual silence of the roof was broken by the man. He started reading a really sad poem and after that he called out her name once again. And that was when the roof knew, that girl was the cause of everything. She was the reason why this man was so broken. The reason why the roof had seen him almost every day for the past year, the roof had never felt so sorry for a person in all this years.

During the following 9 months the roof saw that man less and less. He would come and sit in silence but he would always bring the book with him to read it, sometimes he would also bring beer and drink some until he could not feel a thing, others he would left one or two silent tears roll out of his eyes.

It was just another night that the man came but instead of sitting and read the book. He just stood silently looking at the city lights. The roof was indeed intrigued because of the words he said. It was not the same girl’s name anymore. He said another name and more than sad he looked really worried.

The next two months the man started to come every single day again and he looked like he was struggling with himself. He would smile lightly for a while but then put on a serious face and frown. The roof noticed something else, he didn’t bring the book anymore.

This new girl, she must be the cause of this change. The roof actually felt like thanking this new girl, he would rather see the man acting like crazy than being heart-broken.

Surprise hit the roof one night when two men appeared with a large amount of beer and soju and started to drink, after a while the older man appeared and joined them. A girl was the last to appear. The roof had never seen her before but quickly realized this girl had strong feelings for the older man.

.

.

.

How hard can it be, right?? The girl opens up a can of beer and sips some while next to her the older man is emptying a bottle of soju in one go.

“Hey!! Slow down” the shorter and younger male says to the older, he looks tipsy because of all the alcohol he has already ingested, he continues “I said we would get drunk but not so early”

The older man just smirks in response and grabs a brand new can of beer.

 “Jeongmin-ah just let him be” a more sobered up male with dark hair and strong built says while placing his left hand on top of the back of the younger’s right one, the latter shrugs slightly at the sudden touch but doesn’t shake the man’s hand away.

“Let’s play something” the younger’s man voice cuts the sudden and uncomfortable silence that has been surrounding them for a while now. “How about truth or dare??” he continues. It is strange how he would usually be quiet when he comes to the roof alone but now he doesn’t stop talking.

Without another word they all of them place in a little circle looking at each other.

“Ok, I will start….” The girl says while emptying his can of beer “….I will ask Hyunseong” she looks at the male with dark hair and strong built “Truth or dare?”

“Truth” he answers firmly.

“Is there someone you like??” Silence surrounds them again and the younger and suddenly talkative man beats his bottom lip. How can that man look so nervous to a question he doesn’t have to answer??

“Yes” the dark haired man finally answers and he keeps his head down. There is a strong tone of pink burning on his cheeks.

“My turn” says the younger man excited. “Donghyun, truth or dare??”

The older man finishes his hmpth can of beer before answering “Dare”

The younger smirks “Ok. Kiss Hyunseong’s forehead”

“WHAT??” the man who has been quietly looking down suddenly yells becoming redder that how he was seconds ago. The younger grins happily in answer

“Ok. Not Hyunseong” he says while pinching the other’s left cheek lightly and grinning again. He suddenly realizes what he is doing and looks surprise at his own actions. He quickly removes his hand from dark haired cheek as his owns became a little pink. “Donghyun, kiss Alex’s forehead instead”

Without any notice the older man is in front of the girl and he pecks her forehead lightly.                   “Yaa!! That doesn’t count!! It has to last more!!” the younger demands. “Yeah, you have to do the dare properly. It has to last a couple of seconds.” This other one nags.

The older one keeps a poker face and is in front of the girl again. This he presses his lips against her skin for a few seconds before, he is unconsciously inhaling her scent and becoming more drunk because of it that because of the alcohol. He slowly moves apart from her and sits back at his spot. “Jeongmin, truth or dare?” The older man asks while the girl is still blushing and it is notorious that her breathing has become faster.

The younger looks at him “Dare”.

“Drink this” the older man places a big plastic cup full of beer and puts in a shot of “soju”. A drink also known as soju bomb

“Donghyun!! Don’t make him drink that” the dark haired man glares at him but it was too late the younger grabs the cup and starts drinking it in one go. He finishes and his eyes are glassy now, he is officially drunk.

“It is my turn again!!” the younger places the cup on the floor and looks at the girl. “Alex!! Truth or dare??” his tone of voice is extremely happy.

“Mmmm … truth” she answers.

“Who was your first kiss??” the younger claps happily while asking.

Suddenly the older man seems really interested in the answer to be given. The girl changes slightly on her seat seemingly uncomfortable. She clearly doesn’t want to answer but she is a bit tipsy by now so the truth escapes from her lips. “Hyunseong”

A snicker is heard, it is coming from the younger man. “So, you like her, she likes you, you two even sleep together in one room and shared a kiss. Hurry up and get together” he says in a sarcastic tone.

“Jeongmin, it is not like that” the girl quickly speaks “Hyunnie and I …”

“Hyunnie??” the younger cuts her off and suddenly stands up. He has his fist clenched “Ha!! You two at hiding things” he starts walking away heading towards the door.

Suddenly a hand stops him and makes him turn around. He is facing the dark haired man. “Jeongmin-ah. It is not like that” his words are soft and full of care. The younger`s angry face is changed by an expecting one. He is looking at the dark eyes in front of him expecting this, for him to said those words are false.

“You know you are the only one I …” the younger surprise at the bold confession the other is about to make in front of the other two.

“Stop it” the younger says gridding his teeth, finally turns around and walks out of the door.

“Jeongmin wait!! Wait!!” the dark haired man follows the first and disappears through the door.   

There are still two persons sitting on the roof. The girl is looking at the floor while drinking some beer and the man is looking at the girl. “So, you do like Hyunseong” the older man breaks the silence.

“You know, that is not going to work out, you just saw what happened here. He likes someone else even if that person doesn’t seem to like him back. He is not the type to give up” The girl looks really surprised at the man’s words at first but then she looks kind of mad.

“Donghyun, you are a fool. You have been avoiding me these past days and now you are talking to me so freely, are you drunk or what??” the alcohol has already sort effect on her.

 “I think you are the one who is drunk here and I haven’t been avoiding you” the man moves closer to her while answering.

“Yes, you were avoiding me. I know you hate that I am taking part on the mission” the girl sighs and looks at the floor, her sassy attitude quickly gone.

“I don’t hate it. I am just worried” the man speaks honestly to the girl after a long time.

“You are worried that I would mess up, I get it. But I am training really hard” the girl looks at him.

“Then show me” the man says. “Train with me form now onwards” the man smile at her and the girl nods in answer. This has been the first time the man has sincerely smile to someone while being on the roof. The girl in front of him, could she be the one that finally heals him??

“Ok. Stand up” the man is quickly on his feet and the girl does the same. “Let’s train” the man says.

After all of the alcohol has been drunk and they have been fighting for a while, the two of them are really agitated. They had constantly teased each other to see who the first one to give up is. Who is the first one to lose and whose fault is that the fun is over.

The man has the girl captured against the wall close to the door.

“Do you give up??” the man asks teasingly while breathing heavily.

“No, I am never going to give up” the girl giggles.

“Alex” the girl looks at the eyes of the man that seem to be looking directly into her eyes and soul. The girl smiles back at the man, being so close to him is rare and she is enjoying a little too much. “Alex, why did you appear in front of me??” the man smiles playfully but his question is sincere, he is not just teasing the girl anymore.

“I didn’t. You were the one that appeared in front of me” the man laughs at her words. She is truth, it was he who approached her first, and he is the one that wanted her to stay close by. The man leans closer and their faces are inches apart now.

“Yes, it was me” the man states the truth in a whisper against her ear. The man convinces himself that it is because of the alcohol that he is feeling this way, that he wants this. He wraps his arms tightly around her waist and pulls her closer to him, their lips meeting each other. He moves his lips freely against her and she starts to respond.

Suddenly he pulls away “You lost” the man says in an effort to cover up his actions. That kiss was too much for him. The way it made him feel, his heart was bursting that is how he would explain it.

She giggles again “That wasn’t fair”.

The man turns around and faces the city lights once again. He is trying not to think too much but his face looks troubled, everything is so confusing now. Since the fisrt time he saw her on that bench he was pulled by her somehow and he was the one who decided for her to stay with the organization when things got complicated.

He was the one who asked manager to train her, he was the one avoiding her when all he wanted to do was being next to her. He was the one that couldn't stop thinking about her when he wasn't able to see her. He is the one who has been trying to avoid and hide all of this deep into his heart but just with one kiss everything is brought to the surface.

 

“Alex” the man speaks firmly. “Alex, I … I like you” he finally let out the truth that he has been hiding for a while now.

Silence surrounds the roof once again. The only thing that can be heard is the man’s heavy breathing. He finally turns around to see the girl he likes.

She is leaning on the wall with her eyes closed while breathing softly. The man goes closer to her and tries to carry her.

“Donghyun??” the girl asks opening her sleepy eyes. He smiles in response and piggyback rides her. The man feels glad she didn’t hear him, a drunk’s man confession it is not something nice.

 

Next time, I promise next time I will do it properly.

 

That is his last thought before going through the roof’s door and heading to the room.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! I am finally updating.

Sorry this took so much time to be written but I have been super busy..... :(

So tell, me did you like the chapter?? Any comments??

And this chapter is so looooooooooooong so:

Thank you for reading, comment and subscribe if you want. 

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND