Chapter 54

The Blood

Heechul...its been 100 years...are you coming back soon?

There were times when Leeteuk hated himself. He knew Heechul was not a figment of his imagination, but once in a while, he found himself wondering if Heechul had been just his imagination, but whenever he forgot or thought about that, he shook it off.

He would not be forgetting Heechul. 

(break)

The Shadow Dragon flew threw the darkness to find his ruler.

He found the vampire bathing in the dark caverns of his chambers, washing off the blood that surrounded him.

Hi Heechul

"Hi, its been 5 years, want anything?"

I need to take care of some people.

"Dragging more food into the abyss? Of course I will comply!"

...It means you have to go to the surface once more. You will have to see them once more.

"...Why?"

The vampires, as you have been watching, through their stupidity, have gotten into a civil war. As the ruler of the abyss, you will side with the rebellion, they cannot destroy the balance of souls and destroy all the humans.

"We both know its impossible for me to escape the abyss,"

That is why you will be summoned.

(break)

Jaejoong cried. He was so lonely, he didn't understand.

Yunho and him had been the closest of the leaders, they understood each other without talking, they had loved one another.

Why Yunho? WHY?

He sobbed sadly into his pillow, he remembered the sense of betrayal he had felt when the eradication of humans was announced and 

Yunho hadn't stood up with him.

In fact the older vampire had attacked him with maddeningly brutal eyes.

The beautiful green eyes that he had always spent hours looking into, because no matter what he did, no photo could capture their beauty.