Chapter 102

The Blood

Heechul tasted something delicious, so delicious it was sickening.

After so many years of tasting blood that could be equivalent to the taste of death, Hangeng's blood was too sweet, it was disgusting.

Heechul struggled as hard as he could to get into an upright position as he coughed up the blood that splattered over the sheets.

His head rung with pain as he argued with his body which longed for nutrition. His body was beginning to wither away to dust.

Several days past and the end was coming, everybody knew that, especially Leeteuk who's wings had begun to droop in sadness.

Hangeng stood next to the thin fragile hand grasped tenderly in his hand. It was one of Heechul's good days where he knew it was reality, where they could pretend it was like the old times.

"Heechul, Chullie, I know you can fight through this, please, it doesn't matter that you can't see, please come back,"

"Hangeng, Stop hiding from reality, I know you can move on, you will be happy, please let me rest in peace,"

Hangeng's eyes widdened as in the dark room he saw Heechul begin to smile.

And they both knew it was the end.

Heechul's fingers began to erode and fade away to dust as the rest of his body followed.

Hangeng felt tears slowly drop, his stupid mistake had led to his lover's death.

"Please Chullie, stay, Please, I can't live without you,"

"You can and will, you did for 100 years, I know you can,"

Hangeng looked up to see the swirling figure of dust brush past his cheek and dry the tears as it dissapeared into the wind.

(break)

Hangeng came out of the room, dead. His eyes had lost the light.

The vampires crowded around him in mourning as they knew what had happened.

They bowed their heads and left their ruler alone, to mourn in silence.

(break)

Ironically Sulli and Sohee came the next day.

"Our brother had died, correct?" Sulli said sadly.

Hangeng had come out himself to greet the pure bloods, "Yes," He said robotically, his soul dead.

"Yah, what a hassle! Now we have to go find him again!" Sohee complained.

"What?!" Hangeng exclaimed, he did not understand why these sisters weren't showing any sadness.

They both turned to him.

"Wait one second, you don't know?!" Sohee shouted.

"No I don't!"

"Purebloods cannot die! We are only reincarnated into humans till we are found again. Heechul is 'alive' he only needs to be found,"

(break)

Hangeng ran to the quarters where all the vampires where mourning.

"Heechul is alive," He said before he collasped to the ground.

Exhausted.